bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by bvoigt »

In post 899, pidgey wrote:ALSO YEAH, Fat did "sliped", but as I said, that means nothing. Would be stupid to give him a free townie pass (Same for Screaming Hawk).

Not really liking the back and forth of FB and Amrun (not saying the 2 are scum though, that's a longshot). However, why do you think they are both town bvoigt?

Gut mainly.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Pidgey wrote: Would be stupid to give him a free townie pass (Same for Screaming Hawk).

Do you /really/ think that scum would fake something like, "HEY, DOES GREEN MEAN TOWN OR SCUM?!"
Sproink!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Quilford »

Yes.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Quilford »

Especially newbscum who've seen it work for other players.

Plus it's something so obvious that the answer should be clear after about .5 seconds. Is there green in the Town Role PM?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Quilford »

No there isn't.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Only red in your Role PM amirite
Sproink!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Quilford »

Actually the colour blue is used throughout both Role PMs.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

OK GUYS. Most games I play (IRL) the dead don't get flipped and so you don't learn roles until game over. I'm obviously unfamiliar with this game type. And since jerobbo made a read on a dead player (why would you do this?), I was unsure and thought I should get clarification.
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 895, bvoigt wrote:
In post 871, Twistedspoon wrote:tbh, I think his reads list is quite genuine. I find it more townie at this stage to call a large number of players null as scum would try to make their reads as unoticable and generic as possible to blend in and stay safe. Jer's reads are neither generic or unoticable and I find that rather town in a small sense. I agree that a list of null reads is unhelpful and disappointing as well though.
My logic against the NS lynch was that scum wouldn't want to stick out as much and be as bold as he was. I think the same may be true here.

Doesn't a large number of null reads satisfy the notions of "unnoticable and generic"? A strong scum read or town read just makes it more likely that people will disagree and possibly argue with you.

I'm also reposting this because I agree whole heartedly and would like to see comment from TS.
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Dear whoever asked, I think that Quil post is incredibly bad and would like some reasoning behind it.
Now why did you ask me that question?
To be clear: quack
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 908, ScreamingHawk wrote:
In post 895, bvoigt wrote:
In post 871, Twistedspoon wrote:tbh, I think his reads list is quite genuine. I find it more townie at this stage to call a large number of players null as scum would try to make their reads as unoticable and generic as possible to blend in and stay safe. Jer's reads are neither generic or unoticable and I find that rather town in a small sense. I agree that a list of null reads is unhelpful and disappointing as well though.
My logic against the NS lynch was that scum wouldn't want to stick out as much and be as bold as he was. I think the same may be true here.

Doesn't a large number of null reads satisfy the notions of "unnoticable and generic"? A strong scum read or town read just makes it more likely that people will disagree and possibly argue with you.

I'm also reposting this because I agree whole heartedly and would like to see comment from TS.

not really

By blending in I meant having the same town and scum reads as many of the other players or the stronger members of the town without many reasons to back them up. All to fit in of course

However Jer sticks out. Many nulls is just an overly-cautious townie not sure who to brand with which iron. And yes, he does look very awkward with his reads list, where i'd see a scum replacement merely sheep the strongest members of the town for their reads to get in their good bookss and fit in.
This is what i mean

Of course, I also agree with Bv's reason of "Gut" as i said earlier
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 882, fatlikepig wrote:Post #3 in my ISO.

that may not be a slip
even scum could confuse days until lynch. It's just a mistake

SH's was a townslip of sorts because he didn't know if NS was town for sure yet but as scum he would
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Amrun »

Can we just acknowledge that SH is practically confirmed town and move on?

TS giving me townvibes... Having a hard time moving on from my intense c_p scumread, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
jerobbo
jerobbo
Goon
jerobbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by jerobbo »

In post 910, Twistedspoon wrote:

However Jer sticks out. Many nulls is just an overly-cautious townie not sure who to brand with which iron. And yes, he does look very awkward with his reads list, where i'd see a scum replacement merely sheep the strongest members of the town for their reads to get in their good bookss and fit in.
This is what i mean

Exactly - I've replaced in and put my opinion out there, however I'm of course being cautious because I'm still getting a feel for everyone.

As for why I gave a read on a dead player - it's because it was related to my FB / Amrun point and no I don't think that's particularly unusual?

I still like FB and Amrun for scum but there isn't too much more to go on

My town list right now reads as : SH, TS and Quilford

Anyone else I'm very unsure on
Show
Woahhhh hang on.

After the 29th misspelling of my name, please feel free to just call me jer.

Currently in
games. Completed
games. See my wiki for details.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Equinox »

so uh

Good news is that I'm caught up. Bad news is that I'm confused as all hell, and this game gives me a headache.

ScreamingHawk, fatlikepig, Amrun, Quilford, Fruit Basket, jerobbo, Twistedspoon are all reading to me as town right now. ScreamingHawk is obv. fatlikepig's been feeling like town. Amrun I haven't really changed my mind on, and her interactions with Fruit Basket haven't changed my mind either. I agree with Twistedspoon that Quilford's "I'M CONFIRMED TOWN YOU GUYS" is too bold for scum, and it gives me flashbacks to what I used to do when I used my red text meta. Twistedspoon says funny things but sounds genuine, as does jerobbo. Fruit Basket would have NKed me, seriously.

That leaves bvoigt, pidgey, and SleepyKrew, who I'll reread later. And I might as well reread everyone else too because clearly I have too many town reads.

Bleh. I don't know. Honestly, I shouldn't be posting before I actually reread the things I need to read -- the stuff above, the votes on Nobody Special, looking at voting patterns, figuring out why [J] is dead, etc., etc. -- but it's late and I want to sleep, and I also don't want to lose my train of thought because it took me hours to get it back for this game.

Hmm. Actually, rereading my post gave me a thought about doing reverse NK analysis, which could be more fruitful. Remind me to do this after my meeting tomorrow when my brain's fresher.

Mod: Please include a list of who is not voting in the vote counts. Thanks!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:20 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 875, pidgey wrote:Whoever thinks fat is town because he had a "slip" is dumb. He could be scum and could thought that. Or fake it. Or whatever. I myself thought we had to get all the scum since like 4 real life days ago, when I actually reread the opening post.

I have a question. You thought we had to get all the scum by the end of Day 1. Ergo, you misunderstood the setup. Why do you think it's unreasonable to attribute misunderstanding the setup as a town tell?
jerobbo
jerobbo
Goon
jerobbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 am

Post by jerobbo »

As for why [J] was killed...

In post 798, J wrote:I wanna look into Quil/FB/Bvoigt/DJ's slot toMorrow most liiiiikely. Same with SH but I'm probably gonna have to re-read that slot sometime.

Everyone I'm comfortable with for now.

That was pretty much the last thing he said, which obviously drops suspicion at those peoples doors (As well as Amrun who [J] voted for)

So that gives us Quil, FB, Bvoigt and Amrun

Interestingly, unless I'm mistaken [J] is the only one who was suspicious of Bvoigt and he turns up dead. Quil, FB and Amrun would probably have other targets if they were scum (which I still think FB and Amrun are)

That puts FB, Amrun and Bvoigt on the top of my list for another re-read
Show
Woahhhh hang on.

Currently in
games. Completed
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Quilford »

My theory is that scum isn't really coming under any heavy scrutiny at the moment so [J] made the perfect confusion kill.
jerobbo
jerobbo
Goon
jerobbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 am

Post by jerobbo »

Certainly possible - who are you thinking then?
Show
Woahhhh hang on.

Currently in
games. Completed
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:49 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 909, SleepyKrew wrote:Dear whoever asked, I think that Quil post is incredibly bad and would like some reasoning behind it.
Now why did you ask me that question?

I will explain after you answer one more thing: do you find those kinds of posts bad in general, or is it on a case-by-case basis, and you don't think Quil is the type of player to say that he's obvtown?

@Twistedspoon: That does make sense, I have to admit.

In post 912, Amrun wrote:Can we just acknowledge that SH is practically confirmed town and move on?

This.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Post by Morthas »

Day 2 Votecount the Second

Amrun
- Fruit Basket, SleepyKrew L-4
Twistedspoon
- bvoigt L-5
quillford
- pidgey L-5
jerobbo
- Quilford, ScreamingHawk, L-4
fruit basket
- Amrun, jerobbo L-4

Not Voting:
- fatlikepig, Equinox, Twistedspoon

With 11 Alive - 6 to lynch

Day 2 deadline: Sunday, 20th of November

V / LA until Saturday - ScreamingHawk
V/LA until Sunday, hopefully less - SleepyKrew
Capitalism, ho
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 915, Equinox wrote:
In post 875, pidgey wrote:Whoever thinks fat is town because he had a "slip" is dumb. He could be scum and could thought that. Or fake it. Or whatever. I myself thought we had to get all the scum since like 4 real life days ago, when I actually reread the opening post.

I have a question. You thought we had to get all the scum by the end of Day 1. Ergo, you misunderstood the setup. Why do you think it's unreasonable to attribute misunderstanding the setup as a town tell?

Because it can easily be faked (SH) or it can be an actual misunderstanding (fatpig). Im not saying this is the case here but no way am i giving anyone a free pass for something like that. Say, i also didnt knew if j was town or scum, i was gonna ask in the day if i wasnt nightkilled, but when J flipped i saw he was green and i said ok.

(also i thought that you had to get all the scum, period. Not all the scum before day 1 ended.)
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am

Post by pidgey »

Because it can easily be faked (SH) or it can be an actual misunderstanding (fatpig). Im not saying this is the case here but no way am i giving anyone a free pass for something like that. Say, i also didnt knew if j was town or scum, i was gonna ask in the day if i wasnt nightkilled, but when J flipped i saw he was green and i said ok.

(also i thought that you had to get all the scum, period. Not all the scum before day 1 ended.)
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am

Post by pidgey »

-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:42 am

Post by pidgey »

Lol wtf!

Sorry about that