Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

PAINTED, WHY DO YOU SUSPECT ME???? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON ME NOW?

Btw, saying "I think DV is scum because he voted for Skenvoy" is not good enough.

Possibly other comments coming after I pay closer attention to posts.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Why I think Painted is scum:

- Post 31: Painted votes me, presenting three reasons which makes it look as if his vote is completely justified while most of it consists of complaining about my vote on skenvoy, which has nothing to do with my likelihood to be scum. (Note that he mentioned my lack of immediate vote justification as scummy) If the purpose of the vote was to question my actions, why did he present a) b) c) as if he had a case on me being scum? If he really thought I was scum, why is it based on such silly reasons? I think this indicates scum because it seems Painted was more concerned with attacking someone for the sake of attacking them (and looking town) than he was for whether I might actually be scum or not.

- Post 38: An example of where Painted responds to my description of his actions as "overreacting" and "nitpicking" by questioning how my actions are any different. If he seriously suspected me of being scum, why would he defend himself by saying *well what I'm doing is no different from what you're doing*. Much more likely imo to be scum saying *well you're town and you're doing the same thing as me, so how am I scum* Additionally, the incorrect accusations indicate a lack of attention to my posts and reasoning, considering I was his top suspect.

- Post 45: Well now there's nothing wrong with me voting without immediate justification (pointed out by DJ) Reasons for voting me don't make much sense

- Post 47: No read at all on Skenvoy. Well, in that case, why not let her defend herself so we can try to work out whether she's scum or not? I think town are more likely to realise this than scum.

- Post 62: Dismisses what DJ says by saying he's either scummy or VI, when I didn't see anything to indicate that. Accuses him of confusion and misinformation. Painted just not responding well at all to suspicion on him. Recurring theme in painted's posts- tends to define me by my vote on Skenvoy even though I jumped off it pretty quickly when I found painted suspicious, seems to feel the need to continue his suspicion of me to not look scummy, so perhaps focuses on my vote on skenvoy which was such a small section of the game to sustain his suspicion on me. "looking at what's happened since [the skenvoy vote] I'm suspecting DV"- well that's strange considering all he has been able to mention about me that's apparently scummy is the skenvoy vote. Misrepresents my vote on skenvoy (weird coming from someone who complains about being misrepresented. If they truly felt they were, they'd more likely to try not to do it to others)

- Post 65: Still the focus on Skenvoy, explaining her actions even though he doesn't think she's town and doesn't actually know her reasons.

I can't really be bothered saying much more now (at this point in the ISO, I give up and think to myself: Well he might be a really scummy townie, but there's no question that he's really scummy)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Happy Birthday [J]! :D
Metabot
Metabot
Goon
Metabot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Metabot »

I dont' think i'm familar enough with this game to make contributory posts/ ideas. You can ask me stuff if you want, but I probably won't be able to give you that great an answer. (some of the logic/ discussion is pretty convoluted)

I'll reply to what other people directly talk about me though.

So Donjohn thinks I'm a scumbuddy. You stated some reasons, but can you connect them up to why i'm a scumbuddy clearer?

"Then again, J seems to be really convicted that she's town, so unless he's maf too I think I trust him (at least more than my own judgement XP). " -168

its not that I trust J, its just that he seems to believe it very strongly and I don't think mafia would be such obvious scum. Even if it was WIFOM, it would draw attention to J, something that would be dangerous if he made some slips (not saying he did, just that if he did) along the way. If J had nothing to hide though, it seems more reasonable to do this.

oh wait, after rereading your question, I didn't really answer it. I guess the only reason I trust his reads is because he makes them so strongly. If he believes it with so much conviction, and he is indeed town, then I trust his reads more than my own (which are pretty much nonexistant). I'm not saying I'm a sheep or a bandwagoner, I just don't trust my own abilities. The majority seems to be more likely to be right than just me xP

Does someone want to ask me a direct question? I think that will make it easier for me to get into the discussion.
Is "if questioned, is false" true?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 203, Metabot wrote:I dont' think i'm familar enough with this game to make contributory posts/ ideas. You can ask me stuff if you want, but I probably won't be able to give you that great an answer. (some of the logic/ discussion is pretty convoluted)

I'll reply to what other people directly talk about me though.

Does someone want to ask me a direct question? I think that will make it easier for me to get into the discussion.

This is too obviously scummy to be from scum, right?
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

I'll be replacing FightingShadow as well.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Fennin »

In post 188, Slandaar wrote:Fennin might be scum, hmmm.

And you are posting this without any reasoning behind it?

In post 198, don_johnson wrote:meh. i was looking for clarification. fennin's post was a) completely irrelevant, and b) not very clear imo. irrelevant because the argument is not and never has been about deas' original vote or his reasoning. we(except you) all agreed the reasoning was weak, but logical and not scummy. why fennin addressed this at all is beyond me. but its not something worth arguing over. i was looking for clarification. its done.

If it was completely irrelevant, why asking for clarifications? and the way you asked for clarifications seems scummy. Trying to make me appear town hunting when that's never been the case.

VOTE: don_johnson
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Slandaar »

Too many walls not enough time.

VOTING DON JOHNSON IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 206, Fennin wrote:
And you are posting this without any reasoning behind it?

Yup.

You no likey?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 am

Post by Slandaar »

Im just gonna quickly add; I think Metabot is town.

it just feels right.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Slandaar »

meh I think Painted is town, its close, but I believe he really believes DVs vote was ridiculously bad, from there a lot of what he did/says makes sense from a townies perspective.

My reads are individual Sken, unfortunately for you ;)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:12 am

Post by don_johnson »

Fennin wrote:If it was completely irrelevant, why asking for clarifications? and the way you asked for clarifications seems scummy. Trying to make me appear town hunting when that's never been the case.

if it was "scummy", why didn't you say so in the first place? you realize you have done nothing in this game, right?

Slandaar wrote:meh I think Painted is town, its close, but I believe he really believes DVs vote was ridiculously bad, from there a lot of what he did/says makes sense from a townies perspective.

unfortunately i agree. skenvoyscum certainly doesn't look good for painted, but he is defending his position so ferociously it is hard no to see this. i completely get his reasoning, it is just god awful. not sure on metabot, though.

metabot: you came into the game with a lot going on between certain players and your "catch up" post seemed more like it ignored what was going on than it addressed any issues. my question to you:

who do you think is scum and why? you don't need to write me a novel.

these are our wild cards:

1. FightingShadow
2. monk
3. Internet Stranger
4. Guttersnipe
5. noramp

i'm going to go through and iso these 5 slots. pretty sure IS is the worst offender and i'm not opposed to lynching him if this continues. i have played with him before and do not remember this degree of inactivity. barring that, i still think skenvoy is our A#1 lynch for today.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

i get town from guttersnipe and noramp and monk. FS has zero posts, and IS has 2.

slan, how would your reads change if we lynch skenvoy and they flip town?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Slandaar »

J is the only read which might change I think but I dunno really...

I quite like where my reads are even if sken is town, metabot just seems like an honest newbie who wants to participate but doesnt know really what to say, but he is trying to get involved, i think he is town from that.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:20 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

DeltaWave replaces monk. Still looking for FightingShadow replacement. VC in an hour or so.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Hello my friends. I am your new monk. I will read the game and report back to you with my findings once I have figured out what's going on.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Slandaar »

Hey Delta!

When you catch up I would be interested in your read on me...
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

hmm, im still around. The first few pages are meaningless garbage anyways, but ill read up on all the incessant one liners and see if something fruitful comes up during the read.

I will at least say something later today, even if its just to deride somebody for being stupid.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Vote Count 1.3

[J] (0): (Skenvoy)
Metabot (0): (Noramp) (Fennin)
FightingShadow (0): (Painted Face of Death)
don_johnson (2): Painted Face of Death, Fennin
Skenvoy (4): (DeasVail), Slandaar, don_johnson, DeltaWave, Guttersnipe
DeasVail (0): (Painted Face of Death)
Painted Face of Death (2): ([J]), (Skenvoy), DeasVail, Noramp,
monk (0): (DeasVail)
Fennin (1): [J]

Not voting: FightingShadow, Internet Stranger, Metabot, [J]

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Day 1 deadline is 8:00PM on Nov. 17

Prods:
V/LA: [J] till 11/13

Darling, It's Alright
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Some things:

In post 106, Guttersnipe wrote:Or is it also that scum would be nervous of putting themselves out on a limb and would therefore wish to gauge reactions before committing to a solid vote?

Ha, regarding that last one, what do you think of this?

"I still suspect DV and I'm going to wait and see what responses I get before changing my vote."

I find it telling that Skenvoy did not respond to this question. She could have missed it. It could be that she wishes to avoid analysing Painted's posts for scummy behavior, because he is her scumbuddy, as others have hypothesised.

This is not a big deal, but I think it is useful to recognise.

-

J bothers me a lot. The anime gifs suggest that it may be mainly an issue of polar personalities, but I get a very bad feeling from a lot of things that J has said. I think this quote is an excellent example:

"I really really really dislike the Sken wagon and will probably never jump on there this game without a cop guilty on her. I have too strong of a town-read of her and I doubt much will budge it at the current time. How are people reading her as scum, I haven't the slightest."

Primarily because it seems completely backward, given the events of the game.

Furthermore J seems to trade in town reads, as it were, rather than scum reads, which also seems completely backward to me, not to mention dangerous. The whole buddy buddy thing between J and DV and Skenvoy bothered me a lot. The idea that a player could ever "win the trust" (147) of a townie, who necessarily cannot know for certain the role of anyone, is ridiculous.

-

I agree with everything Don has said, which makes me a little suspicious of Fennin, whose votes, imo, haven't been very good throughout the game. Incidentally I agree with the basic suspicion of metabot. Indeed Fennin's easy abandonment of his post against metabot made me more suspicious of him.

Metabot reads like a new player to me though, more than careless scum.

Painted's vote on DJ is obviously just his newest OMGUS vote against whoever his current main attacker happens to be. As far as I can see Painted at this point MUST either be scum or a complete VI. There is no alternative. I have said things to this effect before, so whatever.

Incidentally, Sken's "I'm liking Painted's recent post - he's focusing on scumhunting, rather than defending (actually, he's got a good mixture of both)." in 196 and subsequent unvote makes me laugh.

Especially that "for now" after the vote. I don't have any real evidence for this, but in all the games I've been in I have never seen that phrase after a vote and not seen it as a scummy way to soften the implications of the vote or unvote. In fact everything about 196 seems scummy to me. I may come back to this and pull it apart a little more.

-

I would like to mention that I am more suspicious of Skenvoy than Painted, which is appropriate considering the location of my vote, and that my suspicion of the two does not greatly rest on a possible connection between them (although that is not to say that I do not suspect that there is such a connection - I do, obviously).

-

Internet Stranger's recent post was a defense of his failure to participate appreciably in this game, disguised in aggression. It is not telling either way.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Sorry for the big post. I try to be concise, but evidently I'm not active enough to keep things balanced with the greater number of posts required to mention everything I wish to mention.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't mind a skenvoy lynch, as I have a feeling that she is scum, but I do think that Painted is more scummy. I guess VI is a possibility, but I've never really seen someone who appears so VI-like and isn't scum.

Guttersnipe, content is more important than how concise it is in my opinion. Thank you for your post.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Conciseness is important because there's a point at which a post is so big and bloated that nobody reads it. :P
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

But I read it!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

@Gutter: what do you think of J's reasoning for his read on Sken?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”