Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Skenvoy »

In post 219, Guttersnipe wrote:Some things:

In post 106, Guttersnipe wrote:Or is it also that scum would be nervous of putting themselves out on a limb and would therefore wish to gauge reactions before committing to a solid vote?

Ha, regarding that last one, what do you think of this?

"I still suspect DV and I'm going to wait and see what responses I get before changing my vote."

I find it telling that Skenvoy did not respond to this question. She could have missed it. It could be that she wishes to avoid analysing Painted's posts for scummy behavior, because he is her scumbuddy, as others have hypothesised.

No, that was something I missed. That thing said by Painted was awful, cause mentioning that you're doing a scummy thing doesn't make it less scummy. (And, for extra funnies, I'm disregarding my own rules again in a moment - look, Slandaar, more fodder for you!)

UNVOTE: PaintedFaceofDeath
LOOK. I'M VOTING PFOD AGAIN. OH NOES, I'M VOTEHOPPING. I'M OBVSCUM.

Read through again, and I like none of his post. Lynch me, then lynch him next. I'm cool with that.

Not liking Fennin's posts, and I don't like meta's either. Slandaar's leaning town, Deas is definitely town. IS and all the other people who've hardly posted are annoying and need to stop not posting. [J] is weird. Guttersnipe (who I have a null read on) made a lot of good points about him.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Skenvoy »

Shit, I meant VOTE: PaintedFaceofDeath

Obviously. *headdesk*
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Slandaar »

Skenvoy IF you are town I need you to convince me.

This WIFOM in the above post (225) is just pointless.

What dont you like in painteds post?
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Skenvoy »

I meant painted postS. I paused for a while, because his post on DJ was good, but DJ replied with an equally good post. I went back and read, and realised that I'd erased an entire game because of one post, which was stupid. However, my reason for voting him is a bit simpler than that.

Basically: I know I'm town, and I can't possibly see a town motivation for defending me like that.

If I'm lynched and flip town, is Painted still suspected by you?
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Noramp »

Sken wrote: Lynch me, then lynch him next

Why would we lynch you if you're town?
Yarr Owlbear!
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

I think Painted's scum, and when I flip town, I think it's pretty likely that he'll be lynched next.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Noramp »

so why not push for his lynch rather than yours?
Yarr Owlbear!
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

I object to that statement, I wouldn't say I was pushing for my lynch. In my eyes, it doesn't really matter either way, as if PFoD's lynched and flips scum, it seems a near certainty that I'll be lynched tomorrow.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

^ It's in part stuff like that which makes me prefer a Skenvoy lynch to a Painted lynch for day one.

In post 224, Slandaar wrote:@Gutter: what do you think of J's reasoning for his read on Sken?

I think J doesn't really knows how WIFOM works. One of the things smart mafia are supposed to do is act in a way that makes them look like a townie. The amount of self-control Skenvoy exhibits (and she has very good self control) makes it pretty obvious that she can handle forging the kind of (pathetic) townie sentiment that gives rise to the kind of posts J was talking about.

Again this is all within the hypothesis that Skenvoy is scum.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Painted Face of Death »

In post 225, Skenvoy wrote:
In post 219, Guttersnipe wrote:Some things:

In post 106, Guttersnipe wrote:Or is it also that scum would be nervous of putting themselves out on a limb and would therefore wish to gauge reactions before committing to a solid vote?

Ha, regarding that last one, what do you think of this?

"I still suspect DV and I'm going to wait and see what responses I get before changing my vote."

I find it telling that Skenvoy did not respond to this question. She could have missed it. It could be that she wishes to avoid analysing Painted's posts for scummy behavior, because he is her scumbuddy, as others have hypothesised.

No, that was something I missed. That thing said by Painted was awful, cause mentioning that you're doing a scummy thing doesn't make it less scummy.

What was the scummy thing, or the "thing said that was awful," to use your tortured syntax? In the quoted post, I asked you and DV some things, FOSed you, and said that for now, I was keeping my vote on DV, at least until I heard back.

In post 228, Skenvoy wrote:I meant painted postS. I paused for a while, because his post on DJ was good, but DJ replied with an equally good post. I went back and read, and realised that I'd erased an entire game because of one post, which was stupid. However, my reason for voting him is a bit simpler than that.

Basically: I know I'm town, and I can't possibly see a town motivation for defending me like that.

My actual motivation for the posts you keep calling "defending you" was thinking DV's attacks were scum. Another possible motivation would have been thinking you were town, though in fact earlier I was neutral towards you and I'm currently leaning towards scum.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my earlier questions about why you asked me so strongly to "stop defending you," also.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by DeasVail »

After a bit of thought, I'm going to:

Unvote: Painted Face of Death
Vote: Skenvoy

I know that Skenvoy does not tend to act particularly scummy as town, whereas Painted might. I also feel that she is not acting as she would as town. I would not consider her to be the type to have such a definite town read on me, and her delay in attacking Painted, even though apparently she finds defending scummy, seems odd to me (regardless of whether Painted is town or scum).
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Skenvoy »

I want to go back and do a proper reread of the game, and get my reads sorted out, but I have no time at the moment - expect it sometime tomorrow (probably around midday or early afternoon where I am).
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Skenvoy »

Deasveil: You're acting strange - it's like you really want me to think you're scum. I can't understand the motivation for that, from either town or scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Slandaar »

sken, please explain why painted is scum, present a case on him.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Skenvoy »

Gahhh, I said I can't do it now, I have to go to bed. I want
time
to reread and build a case (and sort out my reads :?). I've said I will, and I've said when I will - stop trying to misrepresent me as scummy for something I've explained.

I'm logging off and going to sleep now. See ya.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote,vote: internet stranger

10 pages in? really? post or die.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

In post 237, Skenvoy wrote:Deasveil: You're acting strange - it's like you really want me to think you're scum. I can't understand the motivation for that, from either town or scum.

What happened to

In post 225, Skenvoy wrote:Deas is definitely town.

? (I'm assuming that by "...want me to think you're scum" you mean to imply that something DV has just done seemed scummy to you)

Other than DV voting you, I mean. I would hope that there's more to your new suspicion of DV than "he voted me".

Either way, it would be nice if you would explain what you meant in your post (237).
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Slandaar »

sken, that post was not me saying you are scummy for not presenting a case, it was me asking you to present one so i can see if you genuinely think hes scum or not.

I do find you scummy for your wishywashyness and the way you really dont seem to scum hunt AT ALL.

but that post was not intended as you recieved it.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:20 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I've done my read through. Before I share my impressions, I have a few questions.

(1) Painted Face of Death - Why so serious in #29?
(2) Slandaar - How certain were you of your reads in #33?
(3) Slandaar - Why do you ask what my read on you is in #216?
(4) Fennin - You reacted negatively to Slandaar saying "Fennin might be scum" in #206. From a town perspective, everyone
might
be scum unless there's an investigative report to the contrary. Why does this provoke a negative reaction out of you?
(5) J - You speculated on your town-reading capabilities in #149. Do you often rely on gut to make decisions?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 am

Post by don_johnson »

fyi: my updated lynch pool at this time is sken, fennin, pfod, and internet stranger.

i see no reason to let IS continue to slide. if this is a rl issue then they need to replace out. otherwise i need to see some input and a vote. something original. if they continue this behavior i suggest we simply lynch them. more votes please. we can always jump back to sken/pfod if we need to. or fennin. without an organized push, IS has no incentive to join in the fun.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Im still reading. Dont be a lurker hunting hero DJ, being a White Knight wont get you anywhere. I will find you some scum soon enough, just be patient.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:32 am

Post by don_johnson »

by my calculations, lynching a guy who hasn't posted in 10 pages is not "white knighting". its common sense. i see what you did there. don't be a smartass. inactivity for the length of time you've been exhibiting it strips you of thr right to effectively use sarcasm. funny how you are current, but still reading. i've seen this act before. your last post is nothing more than another stall. we'll talk again when i see some product.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 243, DeltaWave wrote:

2. That was really just my way of saying there seems to be a connection, they seem like team scum from that, i guess it was moderate suspicion, which is a LOT for that point in the game.
3. Why are you so concerned with giving your read on me ?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

IS: literally his content is 0, that needs to improve at some point or he has to be lynched...

I think pressure on sken right now is better though.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 247, Slandaar wrote:
In post 243, DeltaWave wrote:

2. That was really just my way of saying there seems to be a connection, they seem like team scum from that, i guess it was moderate suspicion, which is a LOT for that point in the game.
3. Why are you so concerned with giving your read on me ?

1. Okay; that's understandable.
2. Why are you so concerned with me being concerned about you asking me for my read on you?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”