don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 am

Post by don_johnson »

i also laugh at the use of the term "temporary" in reference to your lurking. not posting the entire game is not "temporary". it is permanent until you change it, which as of yet, you have failed to do.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Slandaar »

Fennin could definitely be scum

IS could be anything

Painted I think is town but i go back and forward on him a lot....

I dont mind an IS lynch but it is purely a PL, which I think in this case is acceptable...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

Slandaar wrote:
I dont mind an IS lynch but it is purely a PL, which I think in this case is acceptable...

i don't know. look at his response. he's taken a belligerent town. i.e. he's pissed that people are voting him. his lack of content is completely unnacceptable and instead of saying "hey sorry guys, i'll look through whats going on and find scum," he seems to be saying "hey guys, this recent few votes i've drawn have to be scum driven so i'm going to focus on that(omgus) instead of combing the thread for actual information." if he thinks one of his voters is scum, thats fine, but build a case, don't toss shit at the wall to see if anything sticks and test the waters for popular support before you post content. there is no evdience that IS has even read this thread, though he seems to pop up whenever someone mentions his name. i've heard it referred to as the "beetlejuice syndrome" and its scummy. if he can't come back with an objective post, then he needs to hang. not for lurking, but for being scummy. this is ridiculous and i am surprised if others don't see it. trying to say that i'm "white knighting", when i have clearly explained my stance on this issue from very early in the game is just an insult that can only be meant to bolster a weak case.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: "belligerent town" should be "belligerent tone".
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

So not reading the first few pages, which are usually mostly useless garbage anyways, is scummy simply because you say so?

Face it, you picked me as a target and youre trying to use me to look good in front of everyone else. Its opportunistic and unreasonable. What exactly happened Don, you could find anyone else to pin your ire on, so you thought a lurker would make a better scapegoat? I mean, look at you, youre already lobbing false accusations and propping up strawmen with endless impunity.

When did I say that lurking was some sort of grandiose purposeful scumhunting strategy? Thats a strawman in the very sense of the world. Youre painting false pictures in an effort to increase your own ego and is simply a blatant attempt to have everyone assume that you know what the hell youre talking about. This post or die as scum drama is nonsense. Its not a valid scumhunting strategy. In fact, its quite detrimental to the town, and that is my point. By drawing so much attention to this, youre not helping the town, youre hindering it by letting the scum hide.

Is this really how you want to continue? I say youre full of shit and your scumhunting strategy on day 1 is bogus and wrong. How exactly does that make anyone scum again? Scum are found by vote analysis, interactions and patterns. Youre flinging poop at the lurkers and picking the first one you hit. Great job there, master scumhunter, we are certainly going to win under your brilliant guidance now.

Don, youre clearly white knighting. Are you planning to lead the proletariat into a communist utopia until the end game? Will anyone else get to look for scum too or are we all simply here to solely serve you and your impulsive whims?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:32 am

Bettlejuice syndrome. Love it!

So you have been talking about me for three pages so when I finally show up and see that the poop has been slung my way and I say something about it, it makes me into Bettlejuice scum? This is great, its the twisted attack tactic, everything I do from here on out will get a glossary term and be twisted out to be scummy. This is precisely how mafia should be played. Im rather quite proud of you Don.

Youre still opportunistic and wrong and propping up countless strawmen, but its rather entertaining as well.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

I have never played with IS or looked at any of his other games:

He obviously knows how his play looks, which implies his play is null.

His accusations were not great, but assuming he plays this way all the time he would know if scum go for him first more often or less often that town and from there his accusation does make sense.

However, the original lets look at lurkers came from painted then sken... of course he covered this by saying he didnt read the early pages.

So I just think its null.

However, if his level of content doesnt increase from 0, PL is fine with me.

I got NINA'D but will post this anyways
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Slandaar »

IS post something useful please
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:43 am

Post by DeltaWave »

@Don Johnson - Let's say that we're living in fantasy land, and five minutes from now, Skenvoy, Painted and IS all end up at L-1. (Can't happen due to numbers obviously, but roll with it for a minute.) You haven't voted yet. Who do you hammer?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Oops, forgot my song. New Radicals - You Only Get What You Give.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

Internet Stranger wrote:So not reading the first few pages, which are usually mostly useless garbage anyways, is scummy simply because you say so?

no. its scummy because a large part of the days conversation has centered on the events therein.

IS wrote:Face it, you picked me as a target and youre trying to use me to look good in front of everyone else. Its opportunistic and unreasonable. What exactly happened Don, you could find anyone else to pin your ire on, so you thought a lurker would make a better scapegoat? I mean, look at you, youre already lobbing false accusations and propping up strawmen with endless impunity.

qualify the false accusations and strawmen. i am offering you a chance to participate. you are squandering it.

IS wrote:When did I say that lurking was some sort of grandiose purposeful scumhunting strategy?

you didn't. by virtue of your post, it seems as though that is your strategy. you are ignoring the thread.

IS wrote: Thats a strawman in the very sense of the world. Youre painting false pictures in an effort to increase your own ego and is simply a blatant attempt to have everyone assume that you know what the hell youre talking about.

no. "A "Straw man" argument (also called "setting up a straw man") involves mischaracterizing your opponent's position in order to present a weaker argument than they have actually given, thereby allowing you to defeat it." your argument is that one of your voters is scum because they are voting you. you are saying that they are going after an "easy" lynch. you are saying that a "lurker" is an easy lynch. so me characterizing your argument as "lurking, and then calling out voters as scum because they are voting you for lurking" is not a strawman. it is a correct interpretation of your case.

IS wrote: This post or die as scum drama is nonsense. Its not a valid scumhunting strategy.

what is the benefit to letting a player lurk an entire day. if we had not voted you, when were you going to participate. by virtue of the fact that you waited until players voted you to actually participate, actually hurts your chances of convincing us that you would have participated otherwise. a good townie should not deliberately hurt their reputation in that manner as it undermines any later contribution they might make. i.e. your contribution right now looks like "omg, people are voting me for lurking. they must be scum." it holds no credence. there are several viable lynches today and to say that i chose you for any other reason than your lurking and refusal to post is what is strawman.

IS wrote: In fact, its quite detrimental to the town, and that is my point. By drawing so much attention to this, youre not helping the town, youre hindering it by letting the scum hide.

i can buy that, but only if you can objectively look at the thread and tell me where scum is hiding. which is not what you are doing.

IS wrote:Is this really how you want to continue?

i have made it very clear how i want to continue. i want you to actually scumhunt. if you think i am scum,please present a coherent case. saying "dj is scum because he voted the guy who refused to participate in the game, all the while making his stances on other players well known" is not a case.

IS wrote: I say youre full of shit and your scumhunting strategy on day 1 is bogus and wrong. How exactly does that make anyone scum again? Scum are found by vote analysis, interactions and patterns.

and if you read the thread you will see that that is what i have been doing all fucking day. i only recently supported the cause of "getting IS to post and contribute" and i did so when the thread hit a lull.

IS wrote: Youre flinging poop at the lurkers and picking the first one you hit. Great job there, master scumhunter, we are certainly going to win under your brilliant guidance now.

^^^^^^^^^^STRAWMAN. you are the only "lurker" i believe i have called out in such a fashion. we have discussed the issue of calling out lurkers earlier, but you probably haven't read it. i clearly stated that there is a time and a place for calling out lurkers and even discussed with others when and why they were doing it. my calling you out is entirely consistent with those conversations. i have only said to "ynch you if you don't participate. i never EVER said we should lynch you without giving you a chance. thats a reasonable request and expectation and pretending it isn't is just silly.

IS wrote:Don, youre clearly white knighting. Are you planning to lead the proletariat into a communist utopia until the end game? Will anyone else get to look for scum too or are we all simply here to solely serve you and your impulsive whims?[/quote

actually, you and fennin are the only two players on my radar who have not "looked for scum". if you read the game you would know that.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

I agree with Slandaar vis IS, but I don't think we need an IS lynch today. I think IS is a dick but also a distraction from more important things, like actual scum. Also IS makes me laugh.

DV, why did you vote DJ? Your vote was seemingly in response to DJ's post about not caring to explain again why PFoD's reasons for suspecting him are vacant of value, but from my point of view that's a perfectly reasonable thing to say, given how unreasonable PFoD has been throughout the entire game. If you have been reading the thread, which I believe you have, you should be intimately familiar with PFoD's attitude toward DJ (and more importantly, all of his attackers in general).

In short it doesn't make sense to me and that is suspicious on some level.

IS: You'd do me a big favour by dropping the BS (as much as you're able to, anyway) and at the very least looking over the behavior of one or two of the more suspicious players from the last few pages. Given your attitude I assume that you are more interested in a day 2 game than a day 1 game, so get off your ass and help us get there with something more valuable than a policy lynch.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 am

"something useful please"

You realize that reality will never live up to all the "pressure" and the "hype" right? And Don is already pot committed, he went into this fiasco all in. Meaning that if I look back and find something scummy within the first few pages, which are usually garbage anyways, his hand will be forced to go against it, call me an idiot and say im wrong.

Additionally, im not a PBPA guy, or word analysis scumhunter. I look for voting patterns, connections and fallacies. So clearly, with all this hype and the styles that I have seen so far (like a couple wall -o- texts), the expectations have been set for me to rise from the dead like Jesus and give Judas a serious ass whooping.

Either way, I will poke around and see if I notice anything useful.
Show

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 am

Post by don_johnson »

DeltaWave wrote:@Don Johnson - Let's say that we're living in fantasy land, and five minutes from now, Skenvoy, Painted and IS all end up at L-1. (Can't happen due to numbers obviously, but roll with it for a minute.) You haven't voted yet. Who do you hammer?

IS. hands down. painted second, skenvoy third based on their recent posting.

slan wrote:His accusations were not great, but assuming he plays this way all the time he would know if scum go for him first more often or less often that town and from there his accusation does make sense.

^^ this would be able to be qualified. if IS brings a meta case then i'll listen. i would prefer in thread scumhunting, however.

Internet Stranger wrote:Bettlejuice syndrome. Love it!

So you have been talking about me for three pages so when I finally show up and see that the poop has been slung my way and I say something about it, it makes me into Bettlejuice scum?

not the first time you've showed up in response to the mention of your name. i didn't day it made you scum. what makes you scum is your complete and utter lack of analysis, your seeming lack of having read this thread, and your omgus response to a completely reasonable request and expectation.

IS wrote: This is great, its the twisted attack tactic, everything I do from here on out will get a glossary term and be twisted out to be scummy. This is precisely how mafia should be played. Im rather quite proud of you Don.

no. you see, post something townie and you get town cred. thats how it works. you are "assuming" here. if you read the thread you would see how skenvoy's posting has helped me adjust my read on them. if you start posting analysis etc. then my read on you might change. if you continue to ignore the perfectly reasonable request and expectation of "hey IS, read the whole thread and tell us what you think", then i will not change my read on you.

IS wrote:Youre still opportunistic and wrong and propping up countless strawmen, but its rather entertaining as well.

you like that word... "strawman". learn what it is. you might be surprised.

IS wrote:"something useful please"

You realize that reality will never live up to all the "pressure" and the "hype" right? And Don is already pot committed, he went into this fiasco all in. Meaning that if I look back and find something scummy within the first few pages, which are usually garbage anyways, his hand will be forced to go against it, call me an idiot and say im wrong.

you're an idiot. i have been objective all game. you would know that if you actually read it. if you want to live in a "self fulfilling prophecy" so be it.

IS wrote:Additionally, im not a PBPA guy, or word analysis scumhunter. I look for voting patterns, connections and fallacies. So clearly, with all this hype and the styles that I have seen so far (like a couple wall -o- texts), the expectations have been set for me to rise from the dead like Jesus and give Judas a serious ass whooping.

or you could "look for voting patterns, connections and fallacies." i'm fine with that. i'm not fine with you doing nothing.

IS wrote:Either way, I will poke around and see if I notice anything useful.

that is all anyone is asking.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 337, Internet Stranger wrote:"something useful please"

Additionally, im not a PBPA guy, or word analysis scumhunter. I look for voting patterns, connections and fallacies. So clearly, with all this hype and the styles that I have seen so far (like a couple wall -o- texts), the expectations have been set for me to rise from the dead like Jesus and give Judas a serious ass whooping.

Either way, I will poke around and see if I notice anything useful.

I have no idea what hype you are talking about?

Post some reads or something, you dont need to reinvent the wheel, just be useful.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Outskirts Oasis replaces FightingShadow.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Outskirts Oasis
Outskirts Oasis
Townie
Outskirts Oasis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Outskirts Oasis »

Hai.

Will read the thread tonight and try to get a post by Monday (or earlier if time permits).
Show
Mafia record:
Town:
0W/0L/0D
Scum:
0W/0L/0D
Third-Party:
0W/0L/0D
Currently playing: Newbie 1167
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 am

In post 341, Outskirts Oasis wrote:Hai.

Will read the thread tonight and try to get a post by Monday (or earlier if time permits).

Not acceptable!! Don! You must assrape Oasis now!

MORE CONTENT!! AARRGGHH!
Show

Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Painted Face of Death »

Mod:
Would it be possible to get more frequent vote counts? Thank you.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Fennin »

Sorry for my absence, I’m not surprised that I may look scummy at this stage to most of you because my lack of scumhunting. But I’m surprised that there are no other votes against me. I really expected that I’d have to claim when reading today, because I only partly skimmed this thread. I’ll take time to re read everything and take part in the scumhunt.

In post 211, don_johnson wrote:if it was "scummy", why didn't you say so in the first place? you realize you have done nothing in this game, right?

Yes I admit but I should be more active from now on. It's my 2nd game and my #1st newbie game is still running. Pace is really different.

In post 243, DeltaWave wrote:(4) Fennin - You reacted negatively to Slandaar saying "Fennin might be scum" in #206. From a town perspective, everyone might be scum unless there's an investigative report to the contrary. Why does this provoke a negative reaction out of you?

Because this came out of nowhere, or at least it is an accusation without any reasons with it.

UNVOTE: DJ
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 343, Painted Face of Death wrote:
Mod:
Would it be possible to get more frequent vote counts? Thank you.

Yes. I'll do one after my music theory class that's about to start and make them more frequent from there.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 342, Internet Stranger wrote:

MORE CONTENT!! AARRGGHH!

This made me laugh, a lot...

Then I realised, no content had appeared...

And I went hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 am

In post 346, Slandaar wrote:
In post 342, Internet Stranger wrote:

MORE CONTENT!! AARRGGHH!

This made me laugh, a lot...

Then I realised, no content had appeared...

And I went hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Patience, geesh. Do you realize how many walls -o- bullshit Don has posted already? I think a bunch of you just like to listen to yourselves type. And whats wrong with Don's shift key? is it broken?
Show

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 am

Post by don_johnson »

not a big fan of the SHIFT key.

welcome, oasis.

deadline isn't exactly looming here, but we should find consensus on our first lynch target so we can L-1, claim, discuss, etc. i have already stated my lynch pool, but i'll lay it out again:

painted, sken, IS, fennin.

i will refrain some declaring a preferred order(i think i have already stated it) as at this time we should all be willing to start compromising on a lynch. if everyone posts there top three or four, we can count up whose name(s) come up most to at least narrow our focus. those players in the pool, or replacements and those still needing to post content, should start pleading their cases. in any case, i look forward to the next few days. IS, if you have specific questions for me, just let me know. i would rather try and avoid further wallposts, sarcasm, etc. if you are town then you should be on board with all of us being as concise as possible from here on out and all of us posting our lynch pools, suspects, cases, etc. k?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

PoS: Guttersnipe- What was so suspicious about me voting DJ?

My top 3 right now are: Painted, Skenvoy, don_johnson (I'm also wary of Fennin and DeltaWave)

Delta: Is your play-style always this different on MS?

Unvote: don_johnson
Vote: Skenvoy

Skenvoy is the most suspicious to me: but only more than painted because of meta.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”