Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Painted Face of Death »

Not posting for 14 hours is lurking?
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Painted Face of Death »

Oops, 15 hours. Either way, why are you trying to make it look like he hasn't posted for a while? One mix up about time is understandable but this second one is starting to look suspicious.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

I think you dont know what lurking is.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

lurking IS NOT someone who posts once a day.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:14 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 549, Slandaar wrote:You were obviously reading the thread/had read the thread but were trying to stay out of the conversation. ie lurking.

Yeah, I wonder why someone wouldn't post between ~6pm and ~9am the next morning. I wonder what I could have been doing during all that time. This has to be the worst case I have ever seen in mafia, hands down.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

The timing is too coincidental.

Post #419 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Post #396 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Im not going back further

Your defence, although plausible, i am not going to accept.

Lurking is a scumtell

and that was legit lurking.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

The fact you try and defend your actions by suggesting you wouldnt post between those hours, when you have clearly previously been around in the time you suggest you wouldnt post in looks really scummy.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

Also, the fact delta doesnt seem to understand what lurking is, suggests he didnt know what he was doing.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

ie someone who knows what they are doing, it looks less scummy, but someone who doesnt, its serious.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DeltaWave

Hes scum, vote him.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Yeah, it sure is scummy to go to sleep like a normal human being. I can't even believe what I'm seeing here. This is the first time I've ever seen, on this site or elsewhere, accuse someone of being a scummy lurker because they have a regular sleep schedule. Your case is that I'm scummy because I didn't post from ~6pm to ~9am the next day. Dear god.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in this thread before, but I have a night class on Tuesday nights from 6:30PM to 9:30PM, then I get home around 10:30. Occasionally I make a post when I get home, but I usually don't. Then I sleep all night, wake up in the morning, and post while I eat breakfast. ZOMG LURKING DELTA IS OBVSCUM BECAUSE HE DIDN'T POST FROM THE EVENING ON ONE NIGHT UNTIL THE MORNING OF THE NEXT DAY!1!!1 1ONE

Slandaar, you have officially constructed the worst case I have ever seen. Ever. For that, my vote returns to you.

VOTE: Slandaar

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

The case isnt to do with you not posting during certain hours.

the case is:

1. Delta is clearly lurking.

2. Delta says he doesnt post in certain hours, i proved he does. Hence the lurking accusation stands.

3. Delta then says he does on tuesdays post in those hours, my proof was from monday and saturday...
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Yeah, not posting from 6pm to 9am is clearly lurking. :roll:

But while you're on the roll with a badcase, why not throw in a misrep? I never said that I'm somehow locked out of posting during those hours, just that I rarely do so because I have a night class and I'm tired. You even said that my defense was "plausible." Are you back tracking on that now?

This case is just unfathomable coming from you. The last game we played was Newbie 1149 and you were easily the most pro-town player. All your cases were pretty solid. Then you show up in this game with a "DELTA DIDN'T POST FROM 6PM TO 9AM SO THEREFORE HE IS LURKING SCUM!" case. This only increases my certainty that you are scum.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Slandaar »

screw it point 2 is a bit ambiguous but its important... here:

Delta posts a couple minute after me when im talking about him. This is one of 2 things; someone who just got to the thread (a coincidence) or its someone who has been reading the thread and staying quiet (a lurker)

So, we need to figure out which it is.

Delta said he didnt post during certain hours, well i showed 2 posts from different days where he has posted a couple hours previous to the timing of the lurking incident.

Why this is important is it shows the chance he just got up and came to the thread (a coincidence) lessens SIGNIFICANTLY.

If he had always been coming on at around the same time, the coincidence becomes more likely.

So, we know he was reading the thread and not posting until called out ie lurking because of the fact he does post in the hours he claims he doesn't.

His defence shows he doesnt understand what lurking really is.

This is important because if he knew what lurking was its much less likely to be a scum tell for him, but for someone who doesnt know what lurking is it IS ABSOLUTELY A SCUM TELL.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 am

Post by DeltaWave »

:roll:

Yeah, my schedule is different on different days. I tend not to have class on Saturday.

Looks like you've gone all-in with your badcase. Good, you're scum and you need to get lynched.

Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Noramp »

Slaandar you are grasping at straws. Delta happened to be online when you posted. You are comparing apples and oranges. Just because he posted between a time frame on one day does not mean he can post within that time frame on another day.

Why is Delta's potential lurking worse than anyone elses? IS did nothing but answer cat calls for ten pages.

Fighting where do you stand?

Null-Town (no order)
J
Sken
DV
Delta

null-scum
Fennin
Slaandar
DJ
Meta

Most likely scum
IS
Painted

No idea
Fighting
Yarr Owlbear!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

This is why I think youre all full of shit.

I have given you what you wanted. Im participating, I found scum in Deas, but yet the argument over me is bullshit from the first 10 pages? We are on page 23 assholes. Find something from the next 13 and stop acting like scum trying to find bullshit on me because there aint any.

Im never going to be part of the Type A Aggro Monkey cabal but on tha same token, no one should be allowed to be bullied by them. That will make this game extremely shitty, boring and gives the scum an advantage.

Look at this way, am I supposed to fight DJ and his monkey brigade all game or actually find scum? Its going to be hard as fuck if I have to keep pushing them off my back the whole way when you consider that scum can so easily hide amongst DJ's favorites.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

Slandaar, I'm not too convinced about your argument, but not getting too involved in scumhunting is one of the reasons Delta is one of my top suspects.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 565, Noramp wrote:
Why is Delta's potential lurking worse than anyone elses? IS did nothing but answer cat calls for ten pages.

IS wasnt reading the thread, hence not lurking. At least in the real sense of the term.

Big difference.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:01 am

Post by don_johnson »

and still, IS fails to produce evidence to back his claims.

here's a rundown:

dj: "hey guys, IS is scum because he lurked, omgused, built a case ignoring the first half of the thread and is trying to misrep what actually happened in regards to the DV/Pfod fiasco."

IS: "LIES! ALL LIES! AND CONTRADICTION!"

dj: "ok where are the lies and the contradiction?"

IS: "Don't be bullied by dj. DV is scum."

notice the lack of evidence. why is this so hard for you people.

PfOD: if you look through past games of mine you will find some wonderful examples of towns working together. joining a town voting block isn't an "auto-clear", its just a way of grouping players according to reads. and yeah, i find the players who are using logical arguments to be more townie than others. whether or not they agree with me is simply a natural by-product of the fact that they don't have their heads up their asses.

slan: i'll lynch DW, too, but i'd prefer IS as he is completely dodgin accountability here. first, he's trying to sweep his lurking under the rug, second he's trying to sweep his his terrible posting under the rug. get on board. like i said, we sort out his partners tomorrow.

DV: i have made good points against IS. join the wagon. we don't lynch if we can't agree. compromise is the only way. its better if we compromise earlier than later. the idea that DW and pfod are trying to push that that is somehow anti-town is ludicrous. town wins when it works together. bumbling toward a lynch gives scum the upper hand. IS spewing about this "cult" bullshit is whats anti-town. he's trying to prevent town from cooperating. do you really think there isn't more than one scum in the group i earlier claimed to be "scum or VI"? do you think there is more than one scuk in the "voting block" i've created? separating town into groups of "scummy" and "not scummy" increases our chances of hitting scum, no? its not an odd tactic and it has served me well in the past. it is not beneficial to scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 567, DeasVail wrote:not getting too involved in scumhunting is one of the reasons Delta is one of my top suspects.

DV: My scumhunting technique is actually quite useful. The questions I've been asking (mostly what who thinks of whom, positions on stuff, etc) have intrinsic value now, but later on, they will be even more useful in tracking down scum. Day One is critical and getting this kind of information in Day One is extremely important. If you are town, you will thank me later. (If you're scum, you won't.)

Preview Edit:

Don Johnson - Do you think that Slandaar's "Delta didn't post between 6pm and 9am, therefore he is a scummy lurker" case to be compelling?

Also, how do you respond to PFoD's criticism that you are trying to split the game into two sides and pitting them against each other?

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:08 am

Post by DeasVail »

DJ, don't make it sound like a compromise when it's actually just following your orders. I'm not
that
stupid. ;)

If you really want to "compromise", vote for Painted, Skenvoy or DeltaWave. At least I'm giving you three choices, not one.

PEdit: Delta, what I've seen is mostly commentary on other people's case, particularly the one on me.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 571, DeasVail wrote:PEdit: Delta, what I've seen is mostly commentary on other people's case, particularly the one on me.

You don't like it when I critique other people's cases?

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

Posting 2 minutes after someone having not posted in hours to respond to a post about you is ridiculously scummy or coincidental.

The chance of coincidence is low due to factors i showed.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

I would like to critique a case you make delta, but oh yeah you havnt made one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”