Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

In post 571, DeasVail wrote:DJ, don't make it sound like a compromise when it's actually just following your orders. I'm not
that
stupid. ;)

If you really want to "compromise", vote for Painted, Skenvoy or DeltaWave. At least I'm giving you three choices, not one.

PEdit: Delta, what I've seen is mostly commentary on other people's case, particularly the one on me.

I wish you werent scum Deas, because that post was pure gold.

Deas is absolutely right. How does that last post by DJ not sound like some commie strongarm cult recruitment strategy? "Join the rest of your proletariat brethren, we shall get rid of the groups that oppose us!"

Who do you think is going to be barking the commands from the top of this "voting block" (aka: cult), why, the 500lb gorilla DJ of course. Dude, this is no different than some horrible Lord of the Flies ripoff. This is exactly how African Warlords behave.

DJ is doing an outstanding job or derailing the entire game. And it appears that it will continue like this forever. If youre happy living the live of DJ goon, so be it, until its your turn to be squashed. Its almost as if I have to give up hunting the DeasScum and let him live just solely so I can get DJ and his threats to ruin the game off my ass. How is that not a major example of a game being destroyed?

Scum hide in these little "voting blocks". Its commie bullshit and propaganda.

In the meantime, he continues to claim that my voting for Deas was an OMGUS vote, which is clearly a LIE he continues to repeat.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

IS, I'm not scum, I'm town. You just have to allow yourself to believe it! :D

IS, just to be clear, do you think DJ is town?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

DV: i'll compromise and vote Deltawave if necessary, but i want to know what you think of IS and the points i've made against him. and i will only compromise if necessary. if i can lynch my top suspect without you, then i will. but yeah, DW is scummy.

DW: i am not compelled by slan's case. but i understand what he's saying. i earlier referred to it as "beetlejuice syndrome." IS did the same shit imo. i don't really need that case to think you are scummy though. i am unimpressed with the inorganic nature of your scumhunting and the fact that you agreed with PfoD's horrible case on me is all i need. if you want to turn this around, tell me what you think of IS and the points i have brought up and his lack of response.

p-edit: oh, i see. he has issued a small response.

IS wrote:In the meantime, he continues to claim that my voting for Deas was an OMGUS vote, which is clearly a LIE he continues to repeat.

a) you said there were "multiple lies". please list more than one.

b) that isn't a lie. thats not what i said. your vote on
me
was omgus. your vote on DV was insubstantial in that it ignored the entire game and focused on one detail(a detail which i don't disagree with, but given the whole of his play, i do not believe he is scum. unless he's your buddy. ;) .)

c) please address the contradiction now.

for someone who doesn't want me to lead, it certainly seems as though you need me to hold your hand through this entire process.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:28 am

In post 577, don_johnson wrote:

b) that isn't a lie. thats not what i said. your vote on
me
was omgus. your vote on DV was insubstantial in that it ignored the entire game and focused on one detail(a detail which i don't disagree with, but given the whole of his play, i do not believe he is scum. unless he's your buddy. ;) .)

I would love for you to quote the post where I voted for you. You DJ, are a LIAR and have been caught in a blatant LIE. Youre trying to change what you said because you have been busted. Dont try to ammend this shit now. You said I voted for Deas as a result of an OMGUS, then youre trying some heavy revisionist bullshit here to say it was really you.

Guess what, I have only placed one vote and it was on DEAS. Check the ISO yourself, cult leader. You are a LIAR.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

DJ, now that would be a compromise. (I'd prefer a painted/skenvoy lynch though)

As I said already, I'll join the IS wagon if it's that or no lynch or a wagon on someone I find more town, but I think give IS a couple of days and he may just stop thinking I'm scum :D
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am

In post 577, don_johnson wrote:DV: i'll compromise and vote Deltawave if necessary, but i want to know what you think of IS and the points i've made against him. and i will only compromise if necessary.
if i can lynch my top suspect without you, then i will.
but yeah, DW is scummy.

This is the most telling the point about DJ trying to establish this silly Cult of DJ. No consensus, no discussion, no equal footing for the rest of the town. This is ALL about what DJ wants and he will use whatever goons are necessary to get it done. He will steamroll anyone that stands in his way. Read the between the lines, its all right there.
Show

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Slandaar »

@IS: if you vote Delta with me I will protect you from the big bad DJ! seems like win-win ya?
Anyways, what are your reads on everyone?

@DJ: IS not posting in 10 pages is not scummy, its useless and annoying, but its not scummy. The little content he did post was actually very good (the case on DV), the omgus on you wasnt scummy either.

You both need to vote Delta, seriously, Deltas scum.

@All: we are not lynching the following people today:

IS
DJ
Painted

So move your votes off them and put them somewhere useful.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:45 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 573, Slandaar wrote:Posting 2 minutes after someone having not posted in hours to respond to a post about you is ridiculously scummy or coincidental.

The chance of coincidence is low due to factors i showed.

You are so blatantly scum. In my last post yesterday (6:10PM) I said I'd be back in "the next 12 hours or so." (509) So I come back in 14 hours, which is basically what I said I would do, and responded to your comment first because you were specifically asking for my input. Then you make this badcase that causes you to eclipse all others in scumminess.

I think everyone pretty much understands why your case is terrible, but I'll spell it out for you. I announced that I was going to come back in about 12 hours. That was true; I came back in about 14, which is reasonably close. You then try to turn this into a case,
even though I said yesterday I wouldn't read the thread for about 12 hours.
That's like if someone said "I'm going to be V/LA until tomorrow at 8pm" and you get on their case for posting at 8 and responding to the first post they see that mentions their name.

I find it hard to believe that town would make a case like this, and it's doubly hard to believe because I know you to be a very reasonable player when you are town. I've seen your townplay and you are not inclined toward making bad cases, let alone absolutely ridiculous "this case is going to be laughed at forever and ever until the last person stops playing mafia" type cases.

Preview Edit:

DJ - I see nothing wrong with my scumhunting style. Establishing connections between players is going to be important because once we lynch scum, we just hook up the links and take out the whole team. This is essential information and will likely go a long way to securing a town win. Before I replaced into this game, I was thinking, what information would an ideal Day One provide. And so, I am providing it. If you don't like that, whatever, because when we hit D2 and D3, everyone is going to be looking through my posts and saying "I'm glad Delta asked those questions because this lets me understand the relation of each player to another."

As for you and IS. I think you're both so pissed off at each other that I can't see through the bravado and aggression. In my personal experience, shit like this tends to be town on town but I don't know. Either way, I find Slandaar to more scummy by many orders of magnitude.

Preview Edit #2:

Hey, Slandaar. Manipulating people into voting for me isn't going to win you any townpoints.

Do you really think it comes off as town to offer up an alliance to IS if he'll switch his vote to me? You must be desperate at this point, probably because you've gone all-in on the case and you know you can't back out now without somehow looking even more scummier than you do already.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

Slandaar, why not painted?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Slandaar »

I think hes town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

Deltas case on me is my case on him is terrible.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

In post 582, DeltaWave wrote:

How about you quote where you said that?

Specifically the bit 'I wont read the thread for' I need to see that bit quoted.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:08 am

My reads so far?

Deas is still scum, although he is being really really nice to me.
DJ is a cult leader desperate to be King #1
Noramp and Gutter as DJ disciples, incapable of independent thought.
Delta is acting like a butthurt townie and im not sure why youre riding on him for something rather inconsequential at the moment.

Everyone else disappeared, so I forgot about them.
Show

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:08 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 585, Slandaar wrote:Deltas case on me is my case on him is terrible.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

In post 582, DeltaWave wrote:

How about you quote where you said that?

Specifically the bit 'I wont read the thread for' I need to see that bit quoted.

I said I'd think about it and have a vote within 12 hours. That implies I'm not going to be around for that duration, or else I wouldn't have said 12 hours. Unless you think I'm going to be somehow posting in my sleep. When I got back, I addressed your post first because you were directly addressing me. Then you conveniently demonstrated your scumminess to me.

Here's the problem. Sometimes town makes bad cases. But town doesn't make cases that are
this bad
. "Delta lurks because he didn't post from 6pm to 9am which is no surprise because he said he'd be back in 12 hours BUT HE'S SCUM ANYWAY" is easily the crappiest case ever made.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Slandaar »

It is by far the biggest scum tell in people who dont know of it that I have seen on this site.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Slandaar »

within 12 hours implies before 12 hours.

so yeah, nice defence.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Slandaar »

anyway the point is simple:

Scum read the thread and respond if they feel they need to, otherwise they can sit back and let the townies fight

I post about Delta, 2 seconds later Delta is in the thread responding to my post.

This is why his actions are scummy, it can be a coincidence, but I have felt delta is scum for a while and this is the final nail. Its a really scummy action which can be a coincidence, but the timing of it is wrong, i have shown he posts in the timeframe before it, so the argument hes not around before that timeish is invalid.

His new argument of saying he wasnt around for 12 hours is misrepping what he said, he said he would have a vote within 12 hours, which does not mean he wont read the thread for 12 hours.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am

Post by DeasVail »

But town can read the thread and not think of anything constructive/helpful to say.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Now Slandaar is relying on semantics to get his point across. This case reaches new lows with each post. I said 12 hours "or so" (as in, roughly 12 hours). Trying to twist that into "before 12 hours" is dishonest and an example of nit-picking semantics. If you have to stoop this low to back up your case, you have to know it's pretty bad. I said I'd post in about 12 hours, it actually took me 14, ooooh grounds for a lynch right there. This is ridiculous. That's the only word to describe it.

Like I said, townies don't make cases this bad.

Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Noramp »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Slaandar
FoS:IS

Slaandar this case is terribad.

IS you rely way too heavily on fear tactics with little actual content to sway people.
Yarr Owlbear!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Slandaar »

Delta says:

I said i wouldnt read the thread for 12 hours

I say:

Nope you did not

Delta says:

Semantics, townies wouldnt stoop so low.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 am

Post by don_johnson »

IS: you made a huge omgus attack against me.

IS wrote:I may not have gone through every post thoroughly yet, especially the earlier pages, but what I do see in the last few pages is Don trying to act like the ringmaster of this little circus. Cracking the whip and trying to steer lynches. Rallying against lurkers and anyone that disagrees with you. You know who else does that? Scum. Scum do that. Its not the first time I seen scum doing the whole hiding in plain sight ordeal. Its the very definition of a White Knight Don and its not going to work.

this is in response to me voting you for lurking and not contributing. it basically says, "dj is targeting me because i am lurking and he is trying to organize the town. scum do that too." in other words "oh my god, dj sucks, because he voted me and tried to convince others to vote me." its the definition of an omgus attack. you even cover in the same post that you haven't read the entire thread, which means you are not basing your attack on me on your reads, but on this sole point.

you have alluded to :

IS wrote:countless strawmen

Picking me out from the lurkers was a lie, he was already targeting me earlier in the game and now lurker hunting is a convenient excuse.

By already only going after people that come after you DJ, youre already giving the scum just that.

That whole little timeline of his is full of lies. Hell, he contradicts himself in the very same post.

you never produced the "countless strawmen"

where did i target you in the early game and why?

when did skenvoy "come after me"?

where are the "lies"? you have nnamed one, which is apparently a misunderstanding. you didn't vote me, you just omgus attackjed me. not much difference imo. still, even if you count it as a "lie" it is only one. you stated "multiple".

you have yet to produce the "contradiction."

continue with your ad hom deflection tactics. they seem to have everyone fooled.

in regards to beetlejuice syndrome:

page 7: IS posts to say he wasn't prodded. which means he saw the votecount post which stated he was prodded. thats his first post. aside from "/confirm"

post 211, dj calls out IS among the "wildcards". IS posts 217 "i'm still around".

dj votes IS in 240: "lurker, please post." 244, dj reiterates. 245: IS posts for the third time.

"BEETLEJUICE! BEETLEJUICE! BEETLEJUICE!"
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 594, Slandaar wrote:Delta says:

I said i wouldnt read the thread for 12 hours

I say:

Nope you did not

Delta says:

Semantics, townies wouldnt stoop so low.

Hey, Slandaar. More misreps aren't going to save you.

I'll correct your post.

Delta says: "12 hours or so" (reality is that it took 14 hours)
Slandaar says (Post 589) "within 12 hours implies before 12 hours."
Delta: Semantics, townies wouldn't stop so low.

This case is so bad that it doesn't even deserve a response from me. But Slandaar knows that he's committed to it, so I might as well illustrate how he keeps providing evidence of his scumminess.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 587, DeltaWave wrote:
I said I'd think about it and have a vote within 12 hours.

In post 596, DeltaWave wrote:
Delta says: "12 hours or so" (reality is that it took 14 hours)

Spot the difference
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Slandaar, are you saying that this contradiction is scummy?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Slandaar »

well considering he uses my response to 587 and puts it up aginst a post from ~ 200 posts ago and suggests it was my response, yes.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”