Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

DV - why do you think I still suspect Painted? In my list of reads, I clearly said that I think he's town, based on reasoning from my readthrough. I haven't mentioned him since then because I've been focused on Fennin. Why do you think I still think he's scum?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry, missed the part where you expressed the town read on him.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

So...you missed my entire reads post?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

What are you suggesting?
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Did you?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Well, I remember reading it, I just forgot you changed Painted back to a town read- you must admit, you did seem to go back and forth on him.

What were you hoping gain from your question?
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

...actually, I just wanted to know if you'd read it. It was the first time in the game where I really solidified my reads to any extent. Why did you want to know what I wanted to gain from it?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by don_johnson »

oh look. i think that was another post by IS which completely ignored the fact that he's brought charges against another player and has failed to provide evidence. he also seems to be assigning blame to an argument for dampening others interest in the game. he also seems to continue to do nothing but stick to his DV case and not comment anything substantial about anything else.

sken, deas, and painted: wtf? can we start compromising on a lynch here? have you guys looked at DW? have you read his iso and watched the inorganic growth of his suspicions?

painted: do you need me to pbpa your "case" that DW sheeped?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

I don't want to compromise on DW: I'm not at all convinced he's scum. I want to lynch Fennin, which, when you look at it, is a far, far better compromise, considering
not ONE person has posted a town read on him
(unless I missed it or something). If someone has a townread on Fennin, or if someone thinks he isn't scum, please come forward with it now.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

And, if nobody thinks he isn't scum, surely he's the best lynch for today?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 656, Skenvoy wrote:...actually, I just wanted to know if you'd read it. It was the first time in the game where I really solidified my reads to any extent. Why did you want to know what I wanted to gain from it?

Because scum often like to ask useless questions to appear town without thinking about what they hope to gain from them.

And I don't think Fennin is scum!
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

*blink* How is that a useless question? I wanted to know if you'd seen my list of reads - I thought it was actually fairly important, because (as I said above) it was the first way I solidified them in any form.

Also, I had good reason to ask the question, as you apparently thought I still had a scumread on Painted, when I'd stated clearly that I hadn't.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Noramp »

in my mind slaandar came off as being really scummy in that exchange and the way IS attempted to downplay the whole thing looks like an attempt to defend slaandar by sweeping his case under the rug as town vs town

DJ you arent looking for a compromise youre looking for us to lynch your candidates. I really dont see Delta as scum

skenvoys latest posts have come off as scummy as well. After his whole stop defending me tirade it seems like it would be pretty difficult to stop viewing painted as a white knight.
Yarr Owlbear!
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

@noramp - My 'stop defending me tirade' succeeded in its intention - Painted stopped defending me afterwards. I stopped viewing Painted as scummy after my reread of the first 10 pages or so - if I remember correctly, the point where I start thinking of him as town is actually reached during the middle of a post.

As I've said before, I think that I should be allowed to change my reads - while I think it's scummy to be
constantly
changing votes and reads, I don't think the simple fact that I have a town read on Painted at the moment, when previously I had a scumread on him, is enough to declare me scum.

That said, I agree with your stance on DJ. What do you think of Fennin?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 661, Skenvoy wrote:*blink* How is that a useless question? I wanted to know if you'd seen my list of reads - I thought it was actually fairly important, because (as I said above) it was the first way I solidified them in any form.

Also, I had good reason to ask the question, as you apparently thought I still had a scumread on Painted, when I'd stated clearly that I hadn't.

I realise it wasn't a useless question. I was just trying to work out if it was ;)
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Why don't you think Fennin is scum? According to your iso, this is pretty much the first time you've said that - and up till now you've said you'll support a lynch on him. What changed?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

My opinion of Fennin hasn't changed much. I don't think he's scum and I wasn't sure if I'd support a lynch on him, but I've decided now that I will support a lynch on him because I think there's enough of a chance that he's scum and he isn't too active anyway. (And I'm starting to think that maybe it's possible you just might be town)

I still prefer a Painted/Skenvoy/DW lynch though, so only if I know none of those are an option.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

no ramp:

i asked for everyone to post their top few suspects, and that from those posts we could then determine who w e should lynch. noone wanted to do that. then some people tried to call me scummy for suggesting that. i have been working to lynch my top scumspects. i am willing to compromise. noone here seems to be willing to put aside personal issues and start to work together. you don't want to lynch IS? fine. you don't want to lynch DW? fine.do you want to lynch fennin? i think thats another fine compromise. if you don't want to do it, then i guess we're back to square one. how do you suggest that we, as a town, move forward. if we don't reach consensus this day will continue to drag and nothing will be accomplished and by the time we're done, scum will have had a chance to hide themselves nicely in between the myriad divisions we have allowed to happen. if we pick a couple candidates, and then force everyone to take a stand on those few candidates, we can learn alot more than if we just walk around willy nilly pointing fingers at each other and not agreeing to compromise. it is annoying to be trying so hard while so many of you are sitting around doing nothing.

simple answer: no ramp, who do you want to lynch and why? make a case. make it concise. make it readable, and then allow your suspect to respond.

everyone else: are we satisfied all pursuing our top suspects? is anyone willing to produce a grouping of lynch candidates? when i suggested it, i was told i was scummy. when DV suggested it, he was largely ignored. any thoughts?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

PFoD, Skenvoy, Fennin, DW, IS

I will vote for any of these, instantly.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Fennin
Metabot

Then...maybe...

DJ
noramp
Oasis

I'd vote for the first two happily, and for the last three if push came to shove.

Gah...I'm really getting unsure about DV. I'm not seeing his recent posts as town at all. I don't have a scum read on him yet, but he's not a town read at the moment.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, that's it. I'm going to decide on everyone's suspects/lynch-targets and thus our lynch pool (limiting to 3 per person)

DeasVail- Painted, Skenvoy, DeltaWave
Slandaar- DeltaWave, Fennin, Skenvoy (Wasn't sure whether it should be skenvoy or me for 3rd, but obviously I don't want to be lynched)
Skenvoy- Fennin, Metabot, Noramp
Guttersnipe- Painted, Skenvoy, IS,
Painted Face of Death- don_johnson, DeasVail
Outskirts Oasis- Skenvoy
Noramp- IS, Painted, Slandaar
Metabot-
Internet Stranger- DeasVail, don_johnson
Fennin- Skenvoy, Painted, don_johnson
don_johnson- IS, DeltaWave, Fennin
DeltaWave- Slandaar, DeasVail, Painted
[J]- Fennin

So, top ones are

Skenvoy (5)
Painted (5)
Fennin (4)

and also me if Slandaar still suspects me.

I may have made a mistake with the suspects or counting but I'm thinking Skenvoy, Painted, Fennin is our lynch pool
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Noramp »

Mainly IS but skenvoy is becoming increasingly scummy

I'm also ok with Painted or slaandar and to a much lesser extent now Fennin. His lack of involvement recently and all the new information has made me forget why I suspected him which is probably not good :/

Slaandar I had a pretty good town read on early on but I personally view Delta as being town and his case was so terrible that it seemed like scum feeling like they had an easy mislynch. I am willing to look past my town read on delta if a good case was brought to light however arguing semantics for 3 pages with no real purpose while instead regurgitating the same thing over and over is so scummy it can't be ignored.

My case against IS is largely what you have call the beetlejuice syndrome or something. This compared to his case about DV changing his playstyle when he was beginning to receive pressure seems very similar to him changing his playstyle or lack there of when receiving pressure. This coupled with his constant fear tactics with no real content and basically outright refusing to go into his detail against you beyond talking points make IS my top candidate.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: IS

If i had to widdle it to three: IS, Skenvoy, Painted in that order (slaandar is a very close 4th)
Yarr Owlbear!
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Noramp »

hey dv just curious why did you decide to put me in front of dj in skens list?
Yarr Owlbear!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Well I almost got it right! I don't think IS can be in the lynch pool though.

Oh, I think in her reads DJ was leaning scum and you were scum.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Care to explain why I'm becoming increasingly scummier?

Also, DV, if you weren't sure if you or I should go in Slandaar's last spot, you should've put both of us, rather than letting your bias (towards yourself) influence the list.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”