Open 324 - Ninja Mafia (End. No Drama, please!)

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Junpei »

There may have been a dead qt, I don't know for certain.

Also not sure why not to post the scum qt.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Empking »

OK, now the game has finished would somebody mind telling me how Junpei apart from his secret Whisper read that was totally there despite neither acting on it or mentioning it, played very well?

Whisper obviously had me completely fooled. As did Hi Link. I honestly forgot Muffin was in the game so was rather confused when I could only think of six names in lyol. I think scum played very well in this game.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Junpei »

I didn't play very well this game, I didn't find any of the scum until LYLO, if that is any indication. And I hardly felt Whisper was scum, whisper had me completely fooled. I just said that her played lategame would have been dangerous if the game had reached later days.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 3826, Empking wrote:OK, now the game has finished would somebody mind telling me how Junpei apart from his secret Whisper read that was totally there despite neither acting on it or mentioning it, played very well?

Whisper obviously had me completely fooled. As did Hi Link. I honestly forgot Muffin was in the game so was rather confused when I could only think of six names in lyol. I think scum played very well in this game.

Sorry, meant Javert instead of Junpei.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Junpei »

Played solidly. He was actively trying and scumhunting, and while his reads weren't perfect, he played well. I think he could have played a lot better, but I mean, that is true for every player in every mafia game.

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I just loved how I called hiplop town and because of the modkill the scum felt the need to kill him that night. if that wasn't lol worthy IDK what is.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

we thought hiplop was watcher...
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I'm sure that the modkill after calling hiplop town by mod communications didn't hurt either.
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 3832, Maruchan wrote:I'm sure that the modkill after calling hiplop town by mod communications didn't hurt either.

Actually had zero effect.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by CSL »

He was probably going to get lynched either way.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Empking »

Largest open game?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by CSL »

It appears so. You can edit the page yourself if you want.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by CSL »

EDIT: No. It's practically a Large game.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok, I have a couple of things to say about this game, and I won't be that nice:

1. I apologize for ragequitting. I have never done so and pride myself on being a good replacement, especially since I have never turned down the request for a favor.

2. That being said, the ragequitting wasn't for the incompetence of the players so much as the mod. I apologize for the bluntness CSL, but this isn't the first game where I've felt uncomfortable with the way you've stepped in as the "mod." I would receive questioning IMs from you that made me uncomfortable because I felt like I was being held accountable for the way I played the game, and I've never seen a mod who does that, even out of the respect of other players. My opinion on players' feelings: if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I also had a huge problem with the lack of votecounts and the "unofficial" votecounts. All in all, bad players I can fight through, but this modding in a game where people spam post 50 pages a game day was unacceptable and I had to bow out. I was hoping to give the town a boost by seeming more rage-y about it, as well as soft-claiming a PR to cover the real PRs, which only a couple people caught.

3. Hikari, I forgive you for being an asshole about the "tell." I said I would if you were scum, and I nailed it as soon as my slot was night killed. Let this be a lesson to people who blindly followed him and didn't pay attention to the fallacies I pointed out as soon as he tried to use a faulty tell on me. Only one person ever really listened. >_>

4. I watched another game (explanation at the bottom) where glowball was potentially caught cheating because she joined a game that chkflip (her ex) was in, and knew, because he was scum, exactly who all of the scum were, as well as counterclaimed a safe fake-claim she didn't have herself. He noted to the mod that it was potentially because his login information was still on her computer, and apologized. While this wasn't proven, it's hard to overlook. I found it very fishy that glowball could just call chkflip scum without ANY reasoning at all, when from an ignorant town's perspective, he wasn't all that scummy. And then to see the same thing happen in that game basically cemented it for me. I have no tolerance for emotionally disturbed cheaters.

5. I wish everyone the best of luck in future games. Hopefully they will be better experiences than this one. <3
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 3838, singersigner wrote:3. Hikari, I forgive you for being an asshole about the "tell." I said I would if you were scum, and I nailed it as soon as my slot was night killed. Let this be a lesson to people who blindly followed him and didn't pay attention to the fallacies I pointed out as soon as he tried to use a faulty tell on me. Only one person ever really listened. >_>

Thanks for falling me Hikari; you know hours much I love it. Truth be told, I would've been on you for that regardless of my alignment. I just might have let it go more easily as town. Or I'd call you out on the soft-claim and think you were scum trying to backpedal after I'd caught you in the tell.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how few fucks I give about your insistence that you be called anything but "Hikari." I asked you once why you don't like being called that and you directed me to your sig which tells me nothing. Unless you can all of a sudden make it mean something, I will continue not giving a shit.

You really have to pick your battles. Making a big deal out of me calling you "Hikari" only made you look scummier in my eyes. It's like if someone refers to you as the wrong gender. Please don't make it game-related or "scummy" looking because it's really, really not.

And honestly, the first two times I did it were accidents because I'm so conditioned to shortening people's names to the first half. After the second time you made too big of a deal about it, I couldn't NOT do it. How unfortunate.

Back to the point:
Can you really not see how that tell 1. is outdated, and 2. did not apply to me at all?

I like tomatoes.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 3838, singersigner wrote:I found it very fishy that glowball could just call chkflip scum without ANY reasoning at all, when from an ignorant town's perspective, he wasn't all that scummy.

Yes because after being with someone for a year, you don't know them well enough to be able to distinguish between two moods right?
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 3840, singersigner wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how few fucks I give about your insistence that you be called anything but "Hikari." I asked you once why you don't like being called that and you directed me to your sig which tells me nothing. Unless you can all of a sudden make it mean something, I will continue not giving a shit.

Odds are I also directed you to my Wiki page, which goes into greater detail. But thanks anyway for choosing to purposely do something I dislike just because I dslike it. You're such a great person.
In post 3840, singersigner wrote:You really have to pick your battles.

Actually, I don't.
In post 3840, singersigner wrote:Making a big deal out of me calling you "Hikari" only made you look scummier in my eyes.

Cool story, bro. If you perceive things in strange ways, I can't help that. Repeatedly having to tell you that I don't like to be called something isn't really grounds for being scum. Fuck, you've literally seen me do it as town, so that doesn't even make any sense.
In post 3840, singersigner wrote:It's like if someone refers to you as the wrong gender. Please don't make it game-related or "scummy" looking because it's really, really not.

I have never made it game-related, I've merely asked in the game not to be called that. But if a person is being openly hostile to me for no reason, it annoys me.
In post 3840, singersigner wrote:And honestly, the first two times I did it were accidents because I'm so conditioned to shortening people's names to the first half. After the second time you made too big of a deal about it, I couldn't NOT do it. How unfortunate.

No, you could've not done it, but you chose to take the path of the douchebag.
In post 3840, singersigner wrote:Back to the point:
Can you really not see how that tell 1. is outdated, and 2. did not apply to me at all?

1. Outdated? No. It is sound reasoning.

2. I am inclined to disagree. As it turned out, I knew you weren't scum, so I didn't ever think it was true, but it did seem an apt application. Your reference to a point where you had replaced into a claimed PR was relevant, accept that you knew your role wasn't a PR, so unless you had reason to believe that your predecessor lied about being a PR fr some reason, then it wasn't really necessary. As far as I am concerned, ISOing your slot first thing upon replacing is indeed scum behavior. There's no real reason to do it most of the time as town, because you'll pick up everything in context as you read through and it's not like you are going to discover some crucial information in there that will lead to finding scum. It's like the least useful thing you can do upon replacing in.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 am

Post by singersigner »

Except I didn't know what my predecessor had done. At all. There could've been fake breadcrumbs, there could've been a fake claim (that would've then been on me to follow through on). I don't read games in their entirety when I replace in and that's absolutely a part of my meta. I believe the two most important things replacements can do are ISO the mod and their slot, and read up on the last few pages, which more often than not have the gist of everything that's been going on anyway. Especially in a game as long as this one, you'd never find someone willing to replace into a game longer than 30 pages and read the whole thing. But if you don't pay attention to what your predecessor did, you're screwed. BBmolla was right when there's a huge different in excusing your predecessor's actions (which Glowball tried to do, if you recall), and using it as a way to read up on the game. I guess my mistake was letting the town know what I was doing, right? :roll:

@the douchebag comment...we shall have to agree to disagree. I never did it to do it just because you dislike it, but I give you permission to choose to believe that I'm an awful person for it if you wish. You have your reasons and I have mine. If you think you're the only one that "can't stand" something, then you're wrong. I was never directed to your wiki, but if you had been kind enough to do so (instead of with the douchebag attitude you've seemed to adopt), things
might
have been different. Unfortunately you chose to continue to be a child about it.

@Maruchan...did you read anything else about the fishy behavior she had regarding the other game? Even if you can read someone like a book, that doesn't explain knowing the rest of the scum team and not being able to show the connections or explain it. As far as this game goes, "I dunno, he just IS" is not an explanation, nor is it appropriate by means of scumhunting. If she really did know him that well, she should've been able to point out exactly how he was acting according to his scum meta, but she didn't. And decidedly became a child about it when she was called out on it.

Now, should either of you wish to continue this discussion, you may do so via PMing me. I wanted to have my say about game-related things, but I do not wish to associate myself with this thread any longer.

I like tomatoes.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:23 am

Post by CSL »

I've asked and had it answered EARLY on in the game, as noted here:

In post 106, CSL wrote:
~~~~Hikari Link, why do you not like to be called "Hikari"?

In post 127, Hikari Link wrote:
CSL wrote:
~~~~Hikari Link, why do you not like to be called "Hikari"?

Here's a quote from me explaining why.
Hikari Link wrote:Short answer? Because Hikari by itself is a girl's name. Either that or a meaningless and contextless adjective.

It would be like calling projectmatt "project" or Super Mario "Super".
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 am

Post by chkflip »

Congrats scumteam. Sorry my computer esploded early on lest I would've loved winning with the whole lot of you.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm too lazy to read the full game, but what was glowball's technique she used in "catching" the rest of the scumteam?

I ask because I've been where she is before and been accused of cheating with my ex (dramonic). Specifically, in Blackest Night Mafia, where I recognized a dram-scumtell and recognized his typical bussing play and called out his entire scumteam (and the SK, to boot) on D1. ReaperCharlie started raving about us being cheaters, too, and it was complete bullshit. However, there's a difference between "I know your meta and here's what you do as scum" and "lol you're scum with A, B, and C".
green shirt thursdays
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 am

Post by chkflip »

Wrong game. Toy Story is what you're looking for.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 3843, singersigner wrote:As far as this game goes, "I dunno, he just IS" is not an explanation, nor is it appropriate by means of scumhunting. If she really did know him that well, she should've been able to point out exactly how he was acting according to his scum meta, but she didn't.

If she was going off of her relation to him as the scum read, the "Just IS" would actually be more true than trying to give reasons. And no I didn't care to do anything regarding the other game as I don't give a crap.
Show
Join Now!

Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/X8b4SrXfGNFS

Alright, there is the scum QT, don't see why anyone wouldn't want it posted, so there.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----

Return to “Completed Open Games”