Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Painted Face of Death »

Whew! I'm happy to be alive at least a little more. Thought I was dead.

In post 849, don_johnson wrote:you guys realize that pfod went into self preservation mode instead of, you know, like claiming or something.

Ok, I'll claim. I'm a vanilla townie.

no lynch is terrible. which agai9n, if pfod is town, harkens back to the fact that he is a newb with not enough experience to be playing with the big boys. when you guys make up your minds let me know. i'll put my vote where its needed. til then, the king VI can stay in the lead.

I realize DJ meant it as another of his inflammatory insults, but I read that as "King Six" for a minute and got very confused. :)

If I do die, again, look at CG and DJ especially, since they put the critical votes on me. Going along with IS's point about DJ jumping around from one attack to another, I suspect part of his plan was to launch attacks on several people during the middle of Day 1 so it would look less suspect when he put the vote on someone right before the deadline.

Anyone who doesn't think I'm scum, please put the 4th vote on CG so this townie doesn't get lynched!
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Painted Face of Death »

In post 849, don_johnson wrote:
no lynch is terrible. which agai9n, if pfod is town, harkens back to the fact that he is a newb with not enough experience to be playing with the big boys. when you guys make up your minds let me know. i'll put my vote where its needed. til then, the king VI can stay in the lead.

Oh, and also, none of this is at all true. If I do get lynched, DJ will try to argue that I actually was scummy/newb/VI or whatever his insult of the week is, to avoid the hopefully upcoming attack on him. Don't believe it! At least if I do get lynched DJ's guilt will become clear.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Ugh, after skimming through their posts, I have null reads on both Painted and Fennin/CG. Any chance of a Skenvoy/Delta lynch?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:28 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 852, DeasVail wrote:Ugh, after skimming through their posts, I have null reads on both Painted and Fennin/CG. Any chance of a Skenvoy/Delta lynch?

Interesting way to put it. "Any chance of a Skenvoy/Delta lynch?" It's almost like you care less about lynching scum and more about being on a safe (e.g. popular, well-accepted) bandwagon.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:56 am

Post by Slandaar »

Painted I dont like how you are encouraging me basically to vote CG, you want me to save you, show me why I should vote CG.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Painted is right about DJ. DJ is "painting" half the town as scummy so that he has excuses when he blatantly bandwagon hops and bullshits his way through arguments. DJ is displaying all sorts of scummy behavior under the guise and bravado of an angry gorilla.

Deas isn't off the hook yet, but DJ is clearly an opportunistic scumbag and a bigger threat to the town. So anyone that DJ is voting for is someone that I don't want to vote for.How many times has DJ switched his vote around now? Any lynch is a good lynch for scum, right DJ?

I think it would be prudent to start taking a closer look at the people DJ actually does claim to like. I think scum are likely to be hiding there.

I think the interactions between Deas and DJ has been weak. DJ is only half as aggressive to Deas as he is Painted or I, but yet he isn't nicey nicey to him either like he is to his minions, like Noramp.

Why is that? Why such a half treatment? That usually denotes something to hide. DJ Can't be all gung ho on Deas or play hopscotch with him. That tells me that the likely hood of them being scum is high, really high.

I will only join Deas or DJ wagons at this point.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Slandaar »

Im sure Delta is scum, he failed to show where DV changed his posting style/backed off, hes just regurgitating what IS said without scumhunting himself or checking the facts.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 856, Slandaar wrote:Im sure Delta is scum, he failed to show where DV changed his posting style/backed off, hes just regurgitating what IS said without scumhunting himself or checking the facts.

Yeah, you're sure I'm scum. Just like you were sure Fennin was scum. And just like you were sure that you wanted a "super quick Sken lynch." You tend to be sure a lot yet you change a lot. I wonder why that is, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, you are scum. I'd go back and demonstrate how DV backed off if someone who isn't scum wants to know, but I'm not going to review pages and pages of this game because you want to distract from your flip-flopping and misrepresentations.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:21 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I actually posted that too soon, I wanted to rag on you a little more for your "super quick sken lynch" comment. Oh well.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Slandaar »

Delta, who are my scumbuddies if im scum?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 859, Slandaar wrote:Delta, who are my scumbuddies if im scum?

What's with you and questions like this? Your first question when I replaced in was what I thought of
your
alignment. (Not who I found the most suspicious.) Now you're fishing for more info. What, you know that I've got you pinned down and you want to see if I'm right about the rest of your team? This question doesn't benefit the town at all.

Captain Greypatch
Captain Greypatch
Goon
Captain Greypatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Captain Greypatch »

In post 836, Slandaar wrote:@CG: what do you think of sken?

Sorry for the late reply I lost the internet earlier when I was reading Sken's posts. I've read all his posts now. I think he sounds honest, just based on his writing style but I can't comment on the content of his posts yet... Yeah theres not much to say yet... I think if Painted flips scum he will be a likely scumbag but if not he won't be more likely to be scum than anyone else.
QT "CG, yeah, I'm scum. But you're still playing horribly, i hope in other games you can learn from this.... You continue to attack, but you really dont have a point..."- Hiplop.

"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 am

Post by don_johnson »

here's the deal:

pfod is most likely town.

you guys can't seem to make up your minds.

pfod claimed vanilla. so if we lynch him, at least its safe. a vanilla claim makes little sense, but the claim is late, and he seems to be pushing for a no lynch(which is terrible play), instead of pushing for a scum lynch. so he may be scum. however, scum would more likely have tried to claim a power role(although newb scum sometimes fear this maneuvre), and his logic is awful(another maybe newb trait), and clearly has no idea what proper mafiascum strategy is. so i don't know. he certainly could be scum, but he's coming off as way more VI than scum imo. but lynching CG at random, or no lynching is assanine, and going into night phase without a lynch simply allows scum to manipulate the game more. day 1
needs
a lynch. its standard strategy.

i would much rather lynch players who are more likely scum.

IS has still not made a case, responded to the points i brought up about what he
did
say, and continues to toss ad hom at me in hopes of discrediting what i am saying to all of you. i am not trrying to lead you. i am trying to find a compromise for lynch. lynching on day 1 is a necessity. we have a claimed vanilla who has applied horrible logic to cases. its an okay lynch. if you have someone else who's better, speak now, but realize that all of us continuing to follow our own paths is what scum wants. a no lynch is just as good for scum as a mislynch. a "quick deadline lynch" may be even better. and that is what they are going to get if we don't pull our heads out of our asses.

you guys are all idiots. pick a fucking lynch. we're into 30+ pages. that's plenty of info.

newbs: please play a few games in the newbie forum before you come here. regardless of site rules, you guys negatively effect my win-loss ratio, which, as you can see is closing in on .500 as town. i am extremely proud of that statistic, especially since the game of mafia is naturally tilted towards scum wins.

pfod: "enough" is a dodge. not an answer.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

So DJ, Painted is now town? The same Painted you the under the bus like a page ago? The same Painted that you blatantly bandwagon jumped on? The same Painted youre still voting for from your LAST post? Just how many times do you plan to switch your vote around anyways? Until it stops becoming convenient?

You realize that first paragraph of yours is full of confusing garbage, right? Are you being deliberate with this? To paraphrase: "He may be town, but he may be scum, we could lynch him, but maybe not, so lets lynch him anyways".

Then of course you go on another silly tirade about how im the most evil person to ever grace the pages of this game.

Finally you top it off by berating the "newbs" and politicking about how youre going to lead them to victory with your glorious .500 record. DJ, you couldnt possibly be any more transparent. Stop trying to be our savior here. You desperate NEED control of this game. Why? Do you want to steer lynch targets away from scum?

Notice what youre doing here DJ. Youre essentially going off on all sorts of rhetoric, yet you made no case either way to whether Painted should be spared or not. Hell, at this point youre trying to make it sound like youre happy with any lynch, but you would look better if it was me. Like "Well, if you lynch Painted anyways, oh shucks". Just how many croonies are you trying to protect here DJ? Are you ok with letting Painted hang because he went after Noramp?

Speaking of ignoring, I accuse you of possibly being ina league with Deas and you choose to steamroll right through it without a thought. Is that not suspicious now?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:08 am

Post by don_johnson »

Internet Stranger wrote:So DJ, Painted is now town? The same Painted you the under the bus like a page ago? The same Painted that you blatantly bandwagon jumped on? The same Painted youre still voting for from your LAST post? Just how many times do you plan to switch your vote around anyways? Until it stops becoming convenient?

i have been pretty clear from the get go on my stance on pfod. he is playing like VI. VI has the chance of being scum due to poor use of logic and ignorance of basic playing standards. i have clearly explained why i am voting him. "bandwagoning" is a poor accusation. you cannot lynch without a bandwagon, and i have clearly explained my stance on no lynch vs. lynch on day 1.

IS wrote:You realize that first paragraph of yours is full of confusing garbage, right? Are you being deliberate with this? To paraphrase: "He may be town, but he may be scum, we could lynch him, but maybe not, so lets lynch him anyways".

i'll try to clear it up. he's playing terrible if he's town. he may be scum. he's a claimed vanilla which makes him the "best" mislynch available atm. if he's scum, then he's probably a good scum lynch as we can draw a decent amount of info from his lynch as to who his partners may be. i would rather lynch my top suspects, but since when i do that, i am being accused of trying to "lead" the town, i am willing to compromise and lynch someone who others agree is scummy.

IS wrote:Then of course you go on another silly tirade about how im the most evil person to ever grace the pages of this game.

thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. thats not what i said at all.

IS wrote:Finally you top it off by berating the "newbs" and politicking about how youre going to lead them to victory with your glorious .500 record. DJ, you couldnt possibly be any more transparent. Stop trying to be our savior here. You desperate NEED control of this game. Why? Do you want to steer lynch targets away from scum?

again, you are putting words in my mouth, and you are using FEAR MONGERING to attempt to discredit me.

IS wrote:Notice what youre doing here DJ. Youre essentially going off on all sorts of rhetoric, yet you made no case either way to whether Painted should be spared or not.

i thought i was clear. what is confusing you?

IS wrote: Hell, at this point youre trying to make it sound like youre happy with any lynch, but you would look better if it was me.

no. i have clearly stated that there are players i would rather not lynch. i would, however, rather lynch than no lynch.

IS wrote: Like "Well, if you lynch Painted anyways, oh shucks". Just how many croonies are you trying to protect here DJ? Are you ok with letting Painted hang because he went after Noramp?

no. i'm ok letting pfod hang for his play throughout the entire day, which i have discussed, documented, and shown evidence of while i have been participating all day(minus my "fuck you, IS, i'm gonna lurk" few pages).

IS wrote:Speaking of ignoring, I accuse you of possibly being ina league with Deas and you choose to steamroll right through it without a thought. Is that not suspicious now?

no. i am not suspicious of myself. thats a stupid question. why do you think i am in league with Deas? because I disagreed with pfod's defense of sken? because i haven't voted him? please present a case if you want to be taken seriously. if you think i am in league with Deas, why are you not trying to lynch me? you are attacking Deas(obviously the weaker player). try and lynch me if you think i am scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

Everyone just vote Delta, hes scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Slandaar »

you can tell who the townies are, its the people looking to sort out a lynch.

the scum are the ones sitting on their votes.

I think;

IS/Delta/Sken could all be scum
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 866, Slandaar wrote:you can tell who the townies are, its the people looking to sort out a lynch.

the scum are the ones sitting on their votes.

I think;

IS/Delta/Sken could all be scum

Hey, where did Fennin go in your list? You were so sure that Fennin was scum just before you voted me. You asked the whole town to sheep you and vote him. This is how I know you are scum.

Anyway, I shouldn't have to point out that you've been "sitting" on your vote for quite some time now.

Everyone should vote Slandaar. He was so sure that Fennin was scum. Then he was so sure I was scum. Then he wanted a "quick sken lynch" (uhhh, are townies supposed to like quicklynching?) Now he's got IS in the lead on his list. This isn't scumhunting, this is opportunistic scum looking for a mislynch.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

DJ:
How is Painted playing horribly? How is he so detrimental to the town as you say?
And the whole newb things seems it could be a way to pretend that you're town- trying to come across as sincere townie perhaps?
By the way DJ, you did fail to mention your scum record, so you shouldn't be so mean to us newbs.

Now that I've totally destroyed any chance of DJ and I being scum together ;) :

Slandaar, please answer my question about wanting a super quick skenvoy lynch.

Delta, interesting how you question that. Seems almost like scum desperately trying not to lurk and making a nonsensical post.
And in response, I'm not going to have any say on who's lynched if I'm not on a popular/accepted bandwagon.

Pedit: That's exactly what it seems like you're doing Delta, including silly points like "are townies supposed to like quicklynching" when it was only because it was close to deadline really makes it look like you're trying to mislead.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 868, DeasVail wrote:
Delta, interesting how you question that. Seems almost like scum desperately trying not to lurk and making a nonsensical post.
And in response, I'm not going to have any say on who's lynched if I'm not on a popular/accepted bandwagon.

Pedit: That's exactly what it seems like you're doing Delta, including silly points like "are townies supposed to like quicklynching" when it was only because it was close to deadline really makes it look like you're trying to mislead.

Lol. There were four hours between my last post and this post. You think not posting for four hours is lurking? shaking my head.

Also: Quicklynching sucks no matter when you do it. I don't care about deadlines, we can extend deadlines. I care about people using the deadline as an excuse.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

DeasVail wrote:DJ:
1) How is Painted playing horribly? How is he so detrimental to the town as you say?
2) And the whole newb things seems it could be a way to pretend that you're town- trying to come across as sincere townie perhaps?
3) By the way DJ, you did fail to mention your scum record, so you shouldn't be so mean to us newbs.

i have shown why pfod's play is horrible. if you agree with him, then you are inexperienced. it takes time to understand the
why
of certain adhered to standards. i don't think i can explain everything to you in one post. but a for instance: NO LYNCH ON DAY 1 IS BAD FOR TOWN. << this is a generally accepted principle as it allows scum the choice of who dies first. does a mislynch help scum on day 1? numbers wise, yes. but by generating a mislynch scum may have to expose themselves to good scumhunters, town pr's, etc. a no lynch leaves no information. it allows scum to pick their nk and play day 2 on sheer wifom principles if they want. it places town in a much more difficult situation than a mislynch on a vanilla townie. seriously, browse the discussion forums for more info, and if you find anything to the contrary, feel free to start your own discussion thread and pm me so we can talk out of game regarding basic strategies. pfod, also did not claim his role when his lynch was imminent(or so he thought). this is also generally accepted as bad for town. no, he wasn't at L-1, but he understood the rules enough to say that he thought he was being lynched. by placing someone else(at random i might add, unless there was a case on CG) in danger ofr being lynched, he sets up scum to quick lynch a possibile power role. it was poor play. as a vanilla townie he should have fought tooth and nail(which i think he did), but should have ultimately accepted his fate on the offchance that IS or CG were power roles.(i think those were the two who were going to be placed at L-tie.) any scum could have swept in with the "lynch is better than no lynch" strategy which is generally accepted thought, and nailed either one of those players stuck in a tie if they were town. they also could have bussed their vanilla partner for uber town cred if they were scum. the move was simply anti-town as most of the possible outcomes imo wwould be more beneficial to the scum team than to the town. but seriously, this stuff belongs in a discussion thread.

2) sure, you could see it that way, but in this game, at some point you have to start thinking for yourself. do you think thats what that statement was, or do you think it is an outcome of the general frustration i am experiencing in this game?

3) there is no motivation for me to mention my scum record whether i am town or scum. why would i mention it as scum? why would i mention it as town. the answer to both of those questions is : it makes no sense to mention it. i post it for my own record and rarely use it for anything but. i believe i was lynched on day 1 as a VT when trying to build a rational case based on my numbers to show that someone else was probably scum, but i don't remember which game so i don't think i can link. the record is there for all to see anyway. a 75% win ratio as scum is pretty average imo. it is my town record which i am proud of. if you want to meta me, feel free. generally when i am town, i am lauded as obvtown and especially recently when i have been on a pretty good streak. i don't always win(as evidenced by my record) but i would say that if you took ouit the first year of my career on this site and maybe the first six months of my second, i would probably have a winning record. it is my opinion that anyone can play scum, but that experience is helpful for townies. it is only through many experiences that one can learn how to differentiate between town and scum play. my cases against pfod and IS have been largely based on their use of "smokescreens" to cover up their actual content and play. and like i said, pfod comes across a bit more genuine(which is why i attribute the newb title to him) whereas IS seems much more calculated in his effort to discredit me through underhanded means. i have repeatedly pointed to his statements about "muiltiple lies" and a "contradiction" and he has avoided addressing those for almost ten pages now. and he won't address them, because he knows he inflated the numbers of my "offenses" to make his case stronger. he is just more experienced and therefore more likely to be scum than bad town imo.

slan: DW has a good point. if you are willing to compromise on IS, why aren't you moving your vote there? and what happened to fennin? did we miss a post?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

the reason i suggested sken is because i had tried the cg/delta wagons and they were not going to happen

why sken? scum read for like forever.

why cg wasnt on above list? he has only just joined game so not sitting on vote.

why no DV in list? same thing, still think there is decent chance they are scum. but they are not sitting on votes so i left them out of the post.

IS: he seems to think DJ's changing votes is scummy, this isnt true unless one of the main wagons is scum, so why not vote a main wagon? (CG/Fennin)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:01 am

Post by don_johnson »

ok. i didn't realize CG replaced fennin.

slan: why not IS? with me, you, no ramp, and guttersnipe thats four. should be enough to at least place IS in the lead in case this goes south. DW isn't gathering any steam.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 am

Post by DeasVail »

DJ

Wow, didn't expect such a long response, especially to (3), which wasn't a proper point of mine at all.

I don't understand why Painted should have accepted his fate rather than lynch a possible power role because if he's town he knows he is and sees CG for example as possible/likely scum so he should argue that someone else should be lynched instead. What about the offchance that they are scum? (or do you know that they are town?)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: IS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”