WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Unvote, Vote Mr. Flay
Here's hoping Tamuz is right. :)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2006 5:09 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Tamuz, if this is a post restriction I think I know who you are lol.

Unvote, Mr. Flay
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Would you give outcry?
Or just ask me why
for I, to you all, would never lie.

But why I ask
would the guess make you fall off task
Or perhaps you are testing the flask?

You think you know
But instead I think wrong you sow
And the scumseeds you plant will grow

But mind you please
I am not here to tease
But you & flay put me in similar senses of Unease
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Karn1
Karn1
Goon
Karn1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by Karn1 »

I would probably vote Mr. Flay at this point but I'm pretty sure that would be the 12th vote and I really don't like a bandwagon up to 11 votes before the bandwagonee has at least posted to defend themselves.
Sir, You have no girth.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I too would like to see what Mr Flay has to say.

(Teeheehee, it rhymes)
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2006 7:50 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

By my personal vote count, I actually have Mr. Flay at 10 votes at the moment, but nevertheless, he isn't about to go anywhere.
Unvote: Mr. Flay
, which I believe puts him at nine (I think MMoD counted Pooky's votes twice). I don't want this day to go by too quickly without a chance to learn information from players who have yet to even check in.

If we agree that Mr. Flay is scum today, I think we will be better served by making an effort in searching for other scum today, and then either lynch Mr. Flay or other determined scum. No sense in flying by this day because of what seems to be an early claimed investigation, as I expect there are probably 6-8 more scum left in this game with the possibility of a cult.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Karn1
Karn1
Goon
Karn1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 6:29 am

Post by Karn1 »

So apparently there was a guilty investigation on Flay so I'll probably vote him as soon as he comes in here to defend himself.

I was skimming the poem and didn't catch the reason for the vote.
Sir, You have no girth.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 6:32 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Tamuz wrote:
Yamahako wrote:If we assume that The Forsaken are the Mafia, perhaps the black ajah are a cult and Padan Fain is an SK?
The motivation is plain to see
The black ajah is neither you nor me
rather this man it be.

For he hides in impossibilities
While tossing out incorrect realities
Just wait till you see the words into which he flees.

The man tries to flavor talk
So freely his group can walk
But we must call him, and make him balk.
Does this not also implicate Yamahako as trying to stir up false role ideas? I'm not so sure that's so much scummy as curious, but IGMEOY Yamahako anyway.
#greenshirtthursdays
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:I spy,
With my little eye
A scum, who should soon die.

And in this way
I doubt I will vote elsewhere today
Except on our dear friend
Vote: Mr Flay

And to not be so obtuse
I offer you a muse
For latter thoughts for you to peruse.
Yamahako wrote:If we assume that The Forsaken are the Mafia, perhaps the black ajah are a cult and Padan Fain is an SK?
The motivation is plain to see
The black ajah is neither you nor me
rather this man it be.

For he hides in impossibilities
While tossing out incorrect realities
Just wait till you see the words into which he flees.

The man tries to flavor talk
So freely his group can walk
But we must call him, and make him balk.
So you think you've caught scum on Day One without any consideration for sanity, efficacy, etc? If you want to lynch me on Tamuz' untested word, fine (it'll get me off the "Flay's never been lynched Day One! Burn the witch!" bandwagons), but don't come crying to me when you end up killing a townsperson. And with what I believe about what Mariyta was doing, you've now given protective roles a choice of two targets for the next night. With as many killing roles as we've got in this game, that means someone will die. Well done.
mystery meat of doom wrote: Because we like playing mafia. Hard to grasp isn't it?

Vote: Mr. Flay.. That's eight.

FOS: Tamuz Last time I saw a rythming role they were mafia.
There are a lot of games here on this site. Why play a complex theme you know nothing about? Also, major
FOS: mmod
for voting me and putting suspicion on Tamuz at the same time. If you don't believe him, why are you voting me?

I'm not going to say anything further about the setup right now becausde the larger issue of whether or not you all want to lynch me will just taint/confuse what I have to say.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:11 am

Post by Mariyta »

Wow. Pretty strong reply, Flay. Cranky much?

As for what I was "doing", I was thinking out loud, and hoping for input from others (aside from just snappy comments). So, when you have something useful to input, feel free. :)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:22 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Lots of good stuff here. It looks a lot like four or five people in particular are scum, which is a huge number to be this sticky-out this early, but better to reserve judgment until everyone has checked in. But one thing is clear: Karn is scum. Also, probably, Mariyta is scum, and the Flaywagon is scum-ridden (which does not rule out the possibility that Mr. Flay is himself scum).
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Mariyta »

First, why is Karn scum?

Second, I can most positively say, I am not scum. :)

And how do you take the Tamuz poetry?
-Susan Ertz

logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:31 am

Post by logicticus »

geez, tss, just jump in and start swinging eh?

why do you think karn and maritya are scum?

as for the flay thing, granted there could be sanity issues involved, but there are not very many ways to test sanity, and one of them (esp in day one) is to lynch the person and see what pops up

and if he is thom merrilin as most suspect, there would be no reason to think he would be anything but a normal cop (although why thom would be a cop in the first place is another issue entirely)
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:48 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Can we get a vote count please?
The end justifies the means.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:55 am

Post by Gleeman »

loudmouthlee has a family emergency and will be replaced, i have pmed fritzler and await his response.
As to the what time period in the game are we talking about, its based on all the books, so some bits are taken from here there and everywhere, as I always say, in mafia you aren't trying toplay the theme out as it happened, but to have fun.
vote count in next post.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 8:03 am

Post by Gleeman »

Vote Count

8 Mr Flay (Tamuz, Machmafia, Armlx, Bascas, Pooky, MMofDoom, Albert, Maryita)
3 Maryita (Ameliaslay, Karn, Mr Flay)
1 ChannelDbird (Spamwise)
1 Loudmouthlee (MrBuddylee)
1 Karn (TSS)

*note for those concerned with finding a pattern in the role assignments, or expecting unintentional favouritism by the mod, Roles were done totally at random
Karn1
Karn1
Goon
Karn1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 8:19 am

Post by Karn1 »

Mariyta wrote:First, why is Karn scum?

Second, I can most positively say, I am not scum. :)

And how do you take the Tamuz poetry?
Because I didn't bandwagon. :roll: I'm all for lynching a guilty investigation, but the band wagon struck me as odd in that he accumulated 10+ votes in record time.

He seems to be pretty over defensive at the moment so I'll go ahead and
Vote: Mr. Flay
as I said I would. In my experience, over-reacting to a guilty investigation is a scumtell.
Sir, You have no girth.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 8:20 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

as for the flay thing, granted there could be sanity issues involved, but there are not very many ways to test sanity, and one of them (esp in day one) is to lynch the person and see what pops up
I expected that defense from Mr. Flay and the first thing came out of my mind was exactly that.
Lots of good stuff here. It looks a lot like four or five people in particular are scum, which is a huge number to be this sticky-out this early, but better to reserve judgment until everyone has checked in. But one thing is clear: Karn is scum. Also, probably, Mariyta is scum, and the Flaywagon is scum-ridden (which does not rule out the possibility that Mr. Flay is himself scum).
Interesting, your avoidance of Tamuz's poems, the main topic of discussion right now, and lack of reasons for yor main scum suspects are noted. Have anything to say about that either?

I would also like to hear what pj has to say about what has happened after his most recent post.
The end justifies the means.
Albert the Great
Albert the Great
Townie
Albert the Great
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 8:35 am

Post by Albert the Great »

petroleumjelly wrote:The response for my vote which "may or may not be as random as it seems" is very interesting, and I choose not to elaborate on it for the time being. I would rather wait until everybody has checked in and said their piece.
petroleumjelly wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mr. Flay

hmmm, you changed your reasons quickly. the first quote seems like your avoiding claiming a power role too early. the second quote you change your vote from a vote that "may or may not be as random as it seems". explain.
WoT Mafia w00t!!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 9:09 am

Post by armlx »

Karn is clearly scum because he said he would "probably" vote someone with a guilty investigation on them. I picked up on that one too.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Mariyta »

armlx wrote:Karn is clearly scum because he said he would "probably" vote someone with a guilty investigation on them. I picked up on that one too.
Not defending Karn's actions, but he said he was waiting for Flay to defend himself.
-Susan Ertz

Bascas
Bascas
Townie
Bascas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 10:22 am

Post by Bascas »

Albert the Great wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:The response for my vote which "may or may not be as random as it seems" is very interesting, and I choose not to elaborate on it for the time being. I would rather wait until everybody has checked in and said their piece.
petroleumjelly wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mr. Flay
hmmm, you changed your reasons quickly. the first quote seems like your avoiding claiming a power role too early. the second quote you change your vote from a vote that "may or may not be as random as it seems". explain.
this is interesting. I would like an explanation for the reason you thought that you had the right man and then changed when the bandwagon hit.
FoS: petroleumjelly
1-0
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 10:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mariyta wrote:Wow. Pretty strong reply, Flay. Cranky much?
Yeah, I tend to get cranky when a bandwagon grows almost to lynch on me when I'm not even here. Funny, that.

If Tamuz is going to stake my life on his role, I'd like to hear more from him about exactly what "evidence" he thinks he has. Themed cops can be false for all number of reasons (Soothsayer in Reservoir Dogs, Gabriel in Nativity, Eowyn (I think) in Minas Tirith), and if he's in fact Thom Merillin, I can see possible vendettas that would "cloud" his judgment.
Retired as of October 2014.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Yamahako »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Mariyta wrote:Wow. Pretty strong reply, Flay. Cranky much?
Yeah, I tend to get cranky when a bandwagon grows almost to lynch on me when I'm not even here. Funny, that.

If Tamuz is going to stake my life on his role, I'd like to hear more from him about exactly what "evidence" he thinks he has. Themed cops can be false for all number of reasons (Soothsayer in Reservoir Dogs, Gabriel in Nativity, Eowyn (I think) in Minas Tirith), and if he's in fact Thom Merillin, I can see possible vendettas that would "cloud" his judgment.
I think it’s more likely he is the Prophecy of the Dragon, which would make sense as a cop role. The possible posting restriction makes more sense that was as well. In my early post I meant to
Vote Mr. Flay
but I didn't do it right.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 11:17 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Bascas and Albert the Great are starting to ping on my scumdar here.

You want an explanation for my vote on ChannelDelibird? It was completely random. My purpose in saying "this vote may not be as random as it seems" was to see if anybody reacted to it. See my Post 35:
PJ wrote:Aww, Flay, I wanted to see how many people would try to fish at my role. :( You done went and ruined it.
This is pretty accurate. The most direct fisher was Mariyta. The two most persistent (but weaker) fishers are Bascas and Albert the Great.

And although it somewhat flattering that people seem to be wanting to know what I think all the time, it is also getting frustrating. What, exactly, do you want me to give my professional commentary on "since my last post"? :?

Also:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
I expected that defense from Mr. Flay and the first thing came out of my mind was exactly that.
This confuses me. That quote M-M quoted was from Logicticus. It is basically saying that the best way to test Tamuz's sanity (if he is a Cop) is to lynch Mr. Flay. Lynching Mr. Flay is not a defense of Mr. Flay. Did I read this wrong?
Albert the Great wrote:hmmm, you changed your reasons quickly. the first quote seems like your avoiding claiming a power role too early. the second quote you change your vote from a vote that "may or may not be as random as it seems". explain.
I changed my reasons? When did I claim to
have
a reason? "May not be as random as it seems" is equivalent to "may or may not be as random as it seems". It either is random, or it's "not as random as it seems". Either quote comes to the same conclusion.

I am surprised people have started vote for Mr. Flay already again. I think we need clarification from Tamuz, and clarification from Mr. Flay. If Tamuz is going to claim a guilty investigation at all, we may as well know how he got this information and what context in which he received it. If we believe that, then we turn to Mr. Flay, allow him to defend, and if we do not agree with that, we have him name-claim and role-claim, at which point we can decide what will be done with him. There is no deadline on this day, so there is no point in rushing.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”