Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Dodgy wrote: This is the one thing that really pisses me off with Mafia games, SO often, the scum just sit back and don't post and the only people that get picked off are the ones that bother to post.
Stay with the Atticus vote but please people, keep your eyes on the lurkers!
Hey, I'm always up for a good round of kick-the-lurker. Anyone specifically you want to put some anti-lurker-pressure on?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:05 am

Post by Dodgy »

Yeah, take your pick Yosarian but I say we start with Erotomachia, he hasn't posted since the 3rd!
Welcome DG, I read your posts and was impressed. I too have a gut feeling about Spamwise and you brought up the same points that I had earlier.
@ Atticus, I should have said, keep your votes on Atticus if you want but don't forget about the lurkers too!
You may well be scum Atticus and I'm not going to argue with the majority cos maybe they have seen something in you that I havn't but for now, I am going to
Unvote
, re read and then decide who to vote.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Primate »

Sorry, I haven't been able to put as much time as I thought I would be able into this, so I apologise if I seem a bit lurkerish.

I'll post more tomorrow night.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:21 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey, is that DrippinGGoofball? I think it is but I can't be certain. Oh, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.....
"Everyone always says that. What is it about me that looks "scummy"? Is it trying to have fun?" As a kind of, "You're stupid, I'm just having so much fun I don't care about how scummy I look." Which is ... In my opinion, a way to cover up any guiltiness of being scum.
Atticus said this about Mariyta. I'm not going to condemn Mariyta for it, because I've seen both innocent and scum use this defense.
"I'm the only one who gets called scummy, give me some slack." As though she doesn't realize that that happens to everyone. It just seems to me like she's trying to play stupid, haughty, and innocent right now.
Well, I can see this to an extent, but I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.
Thank you Yosarian, thank you for saying that, needed someone else to say it. I never said overly-defensive, do you guys not read what the heck I said?? Yosarian keeps saying it, I said so defensive. But you guys don't even quote me right!
Unfortunately, I see this as a good reason to vote Atticus. It's all semantics here really, "so defensive" is basically the same thing as "overly defensive" with context altered a bit. It seems that Atticus has been faced with a contradiction to his statements of saying nothing of the sort, but instead of admitting an error, he argues an invalid point.

\
Really interesting is that I really don't find him all that scummy, but because of his skill and experience that amplifies his scumminess in my opinon. Which won't make sense to anybody who's reading this, I'll try and clear it up when I'm in a more eloquent state of mind.
Spamwise said this about Coron. I'll wait for him to clarify, but this does seem to make very little sense. Meanwhile, I'll let my vote idly remain.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Ita amazing what happens when peole start talking about lynching lurkers! LOL :lol:
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Heh. Yeah, I'll try to be more active now that life is mellowing out and this game is gaining momentum. ~_~
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mikeburnfire wrote:Hey, is that DrippinGGoofball? I think it is but I can't be certain. Oh, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.....
Why struggle when you can snuggle? Why wiggle and giggle? I don't know, I don't know...

I think that we know enough not to limit ourselves to lurker lynches, while agreeing that we should pressure them some.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by SpamWise »

MBF wrote:Spamwise said this about Coron. I'll wait for him to clarify, but this does seem to make very little sense. Meanwhile, I'll let my vote idly remain.
Because of Coron's experience it'd be fair to assume he's good at hiding his scumminess when he is scum right?

So therefore if I found him slightly scummy it would make him more likely to be scum, because he's good at hiding his scumminess as scum and playing town as pro-town.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:34 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

:?:
Lynching somebody because they're more experienced is a double edged sword, Spamwise. If he's a mafioso then he'll be a great help to the mafia.... but on the other hand, if he's a townie then he'll be a great help to the town.

As for your argument... you just said he'd good at hiding his scumminess when he is playing as scum, so why would you vote him if you find him slightly scummy? Wouldn't that logically make him more likely to be pro-town?

I will be keeping my eye on you.

SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:43 pm

Post by SpamWise »

mike wrote:Wouldn't that logically make him more likely to be pro-town?
No. It would logically make him likely scum, because if he's good at hiding his scumminess when he's scum, he'd be more likely to be scum if he was slightly scummy.

It's counter-intuitive in a way, but it does make sense. Like in soccer how you have to pass backwards to move forward. It amplifies his likelihood of being scum, because he'd be very pro-town as a townie, but only slightly scummy if he was scum.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:48 pm

Post by Coron »

SpamWise wrote: because he'd be very pro-town as a townie,
:lol: :lol:

Well maybe recently it's improved some but this still struck me as kind of funny seeing as how often I've been wrongly lynched.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Is the proposal here to vote Coron because we're worried that we won't pick up any scum tells from him? It seems...well, ridiculous.
#greenshirtthursdays
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:59 pm

Post by Atticus »

Well, it seems to me that this proposal is only being made by SpamWise, so I don't think that's the official proposal of the masses as of yet.

Primate! It is currently past "Later tonight" of June 8th, so where is your post, eh?
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
FierceDeity
FierceDeity
Townie
FierceDeity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:34 am

Post by FierceDeity »

I don't think I have votes on anyone, if I do though

Unvote, Vote: Spamwise

I don't buy "the Coron can hide his scumminess"
Just because I'm paranoid dosen't mean they're not out to get me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:23 am

SpamWise wrote:Because of Coron's experience it'd be fair to assume he's good at hiding his scumminess when he is scum right?

So therefore if I found him slightly scummy it would make him more likely to be scum, because he's good at hiding his scumminess as scum and playing town as pro-town.
Good grief. I can't believe what I'm reading.

I'd like to find out if you two are scumbuddies.

vote: SpamWise

Coron might be the play for tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 am

To clarify: If SpamWise is scum, then Coron is scum too, 100%. Remember this if I am nightkilled. If SpamWise is not scum... then we can't draw conclusions about Coron or anyone, either way. If we're right about SpamWise, though, we've netted two scum for the price of one.

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:54 am

Post by Atticus »

Soooo...you're suggesting that we do lynch SpamWise, because if he's scum, it'll be worth it double the value? And, can you tell me why Coron is scum if Spamwise is? Because I do not see the connection there.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:58 am

Post by SpamWise »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Is the proposal here to vote Coron because we're worried that we won't pick up any scum tells from him? It seems...well, ridiculous.
That's not the proposal at all. The proposal is that any scum tells we do pick up from him should be valued more because he makes so few of them. I'm still incredibly sure that he's scum, but seeing as how no-one else wants to follow me, I'll drop it for now.
DrippingGoofball wrote:To clarify: If SpamWise is scum, then Coron is scum too, 100%. Remember this if I am nightkilled. If SpamWise is not scum... then we can't draw conclusions about Coron or anyone, either way. If we're right about SpamWise, though, we've netted two scum for the price of one.
If you thought good grief when you read my post, I'm thinking holy f@&$ing monkeys at this one. Setting up future lynches based on current events is inherently scummy at best, bad pro-town play at worst.

If I'm not scum then you'll be able to draw some conclusions about the 7 people who voted to lynch me. You'll be able to draw conclusions about the people who pushed my wagon and those who defended me. But it will not make any arguments made by me invalid, nor will it constitue a defence for anyone.

If I am (which I'm not so this point is moot anyway) then you'll be able to draw more conclusions about the people who hopped late onto my bandwagon, or not at all. But simply because I turned up scum would be in no way shape or form conclusive evidence that Coron is scum. The mere suggestion of it is ludicrous.

Why the hell are you assuming my accusations against Coron are some kind of elaborate WIFOM Uber-distancing tactic between us? Yes of course that's a possibility, but it's a pretty huge conclusion to come to from seemingly baseless evidence. If it us, why is it conclusive evidence that both of us are scum? Why can't we be masons distancing each other? Why can't I be a townie throwing everything I have at someone who I am very certain is scum? Why is everyone scrutinising me yet letting Coron slip under the radar? Why are your combos you've given earlier so good? Why do I feel you're spreading a lot of misinformation and throwing out lots of confusing accusations?

Oh, that's right. Cause you're scum.

unvote: Coron

IGMEOY: Coron

FoS: Coron

HoS: Coron

Vote: DrippingGoofball
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:04 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Spamwise, your entire reason for voting Coron is because he's 'slightly scummy'. To me, that's a pretty silly reason, since there are a lot of people who could be considered 'slightly scummy'.

However, that reason is as good as any this early in the game, so
UNVOTE
. Tthat angry little outburst will gather a bandwagon by itself rather quickly anyway :!:

DrippinGGoofball seems to have a good reason to believe Coron is scum, but wants to lynch Spamwise hmmn? Spamwise is only suspicious due to his bad logic, so I have no reason to believe he and Coron are in cahoots. And since I can see no logic that relates Coron to Spamwise, the only conclusion I can jump to is that she is misleading the town.

VOTE: DrippingGoofball

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:17 am

Post by Primate »

What Spamwise is saying doesn't really make much sense, I'll give Goofball that. The thing I don't really get is why Spamwise felt it necessary to say what he did. It's all very well and good to have opinions like that and use them to shape your perception of the game, but if you use them to try and shape other peoples perceptions, then someones bound to view you suspiciously.

Interesting that you point out Goofball as a target though, I kinda agree with you. I don't really see the Coron-DBG that you suggest though. I see an Atticus-Dripping Goofball, if anything.

Vote: Dripping Goofball
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:38 am

Interesting.

SpamWise retaliation-votes for me, because I've got him pinned down as scumbuddies with Coron (my combo #2).

Not sure about mikeburnfire, I haven't mentioned him.

But Primate? Mmmm... Maybe it's because I've got him pinned down to my combo #1 (with ChannelDelibird).

Very interesting who is jumping so very quickly on the only one making a genuine effort to find scum. I hope everyone is paying attention... take notes.

Some people are feeling threatened by my suspicions.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I don't like the way you're already trying to make combos from something so trivial. It's still early in this mini game, and you have no definitive proof that Spamwise is scum, so why are you trying to link people to him?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:25 am

It's rare that someone will link himself to someone else, this early in the game, when nobody knows anything - except the scum. SpamWise started really early, with little evidence, going on about how Coron might be scum,
because he's not acting scummy
. Naturally, I read this, and I think that SpamWise knows something we don't. He says, on page 3, that's right, page 3,
SW wrote:If Coron turns up scum in this game, I'd like it to be known that I called him out on it in this post.
OK - could be a joke. But then, SpamWise INSISTS that Coron is scum on page 4!
SW wrote:I seriously do think Coron is scummy. The only evidence I have is my gut feeeling. It's possible his style is what I find scummy, but I've played with him before and haven't got as strong scum-vibes from him as I do now.

Really interesting is that I really don't find him all that scummy, but because of his skill and experience that amplifies his scumminess in my opinon. Which won't make sense to anybody who's reading this, I'll try and clear it up when I'm in a more eloquent state of mind.
Now, I perk up, and start to pay attention.
SW page 6 wrote:No. It would logically make him likely scum, because if he's good at hiding his scumminess when he's scum, he'd be more likely to be scum if he was slightly scummy.

It's counter-intuitive in a way, but it does make sense. Like in soccer how you have to pass backwards to move forward. It amplifies his likelihood of being scum, because he'd be very pro-town as a townie, but only slightly scummy if he was scum.
So I think there is something uber-fishy going on. Very early in the game too, which is indeed unusual.

Now, they are either both scum, or SpamWise is scum trying to raise suspicion on someone, while sounding both authoritative and wishy-washy at once. If think it's more likely that they are both scum. It smells like a WIFOM setup, no?

Those are my observations, that's all.

Do you really think it's so trivial? Is my reasoning that faulty?

Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:57 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I think it's time for a 5th Vote Count of Doom:

3 - Atticus (Yosarian2, Mariyta, ChannelDelibird)
3 – DrippingGoofball (SpamWise, mikeburnfire, Primate)

2 - SpamWise (FierceDeity, DrippingGoofball)
1 - Dodgy (Coron)
1 - ChannelDelibird (Erotomachia)
1 - Mariyta (Atticus)

Not voting: Dodgy
The end justifies the means.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Naturally, I read this, and I think that SpamWise knows something we don't.
So you're voting Spamwise because you think he has information we don't? Didn't you ever stop to think that maybe that's an indication of being a cop? Or maybe you did and are trying to get him lynched because you yourself are scum?
Now, they are either both scum, or SpamWise is scum trying to raise suspicion on someone, while sounding both authoritative and wishy-washy at once. If think it's more likely that they are both scum.
I think both of those scenarios are wrong. Spamwise has a gut feeling on Coron, and it sounds like he might even be scared of the possibility that Coron is scum because Coron is an experienced player.

In the two possible scenarios you give, you choose to believe the one in which Coron is scum. Why? What do you find suspicious about Coron? If you truly believe that Coron and Spamwise set this argument up then, yes, it will degrade into a WIFOM argument because there's no evidence of such trickery aside from Spamwise's weak logic.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”