Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by Atticus »

I think it's pointless to keep my vote on Mariyta now, so
Unvote,
but I have got my eye on you, Mariyta.

Now, I dunno why you think, Primate, that I am scum with Dripping Goofball, I ( trying to look from outside in ) do not see any sort of connection between the two.

And
DrippingGoofball!
How
DARE
you say that you are the
only
one trying to find scum!! I do not like at all how you hae take the position as chief analyzer, and now are treating everyone else like town who are not trying to help out in the win!! You seem to have placed yourself in the righteous position of "No One Can Stand Up to My Might," and that everyone else is cowering, justbecause you are, for right now, posting the most stuff!!!! I mean!! Not all of it is even totally sensible!!

And please, don't think that was just my cover up to what I just reponded to Primate. I am mad.

Yet, for some reason, I do not think you are scum, but I
hate
the way you are playing. I haven't played with you in other games before, but if this is not how you normally play, I think I'll votecha.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Naturally, I read this, and I think that SpamWise knows something we don't.
So you're voting Spamwise because you think he has information we don't? Didn't you ever stop to think that maybe that's an indication of being a cop?

Indeed I did consider the possibility that he was broadcasting a guilty result - I didn't want to mention it, in order not to draw attention to it. Unlike you, MBF, who now put the possibility in the open. Let's drop the subject of who might be cop before it's too late, don't you think?

Yes, I did try to weigh whether SpamWise might be a cop, or scum. I felt that a cop might have behaved differently. Maybe try to push Coron around a little, until he trips, then nail him. I don't know. I just felt more like a WIFOM setup than a cop result. I might be wrong. But at least I bring up some observations that we can discuss, the discussion has to start somewhere.

I don't find Coron suspicious at all, but SpamWise's comments about Coron are very strange, and to me at least, rather suspicious. If I am right about SpamWise, then it increases the likelihood of there being something suspicious about Coron.

Of my two "combos" I picked the SpamWise/Coron to discuss first because I thought there was something more concrete, more overt about SpamWise's posts than what I perceive to be suspicious about the second possible combo.

=================

Sorry Atticus, if I offended you. But sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet when lurkers are ignored, and people that make an effort to post, keep the game going, and draw the scum out of hiding, are rewarded by quickie votes.

If you don't like that I am "posting the most stuff" and I am perceived as throwing "my might" around, maybe I should just lurk like a lot of people, and most likely the scum, too.

I don't feel welcome in this game, as I am being criticized for posting rather than seeing the points I bring up addressed rationally, and the fact that I am posting "the most stuff" seems to make some people actually, real-life mad, and wanting to vote me because of how I play.

If others feel the same - look, this is only a game, I don't take it personally - if enough people request it, I'll ask to be replaced. Or, why not tell the Mod, confidentially of course, that you want me booted off because I am ruining it for you, I will step aside, and won't hold a grudge.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Dripping Goofball, you drew attention to Spamwise's cop potential when you voted him on the belief that, as you say, 'he knows something we don't'. On the other hand,
UNVOTE
. I suppose, though I sincerely doubt, that it's possible they are scum together and using the play 'sacrifice one scum to make the other look better', so I won't try to get you lynched just because you're overtly paranoid. Still, I think the better course of action is to get more discussion from the quieter of us and try to make connections
after
somebody has been confirmed to be innocent or guilty.

Right now, Atticus seems to be getting angry for pretty petty reasons. It might be because he is getting tense, seeing as how he has just as many votes as DG. Perhaps a little more pressure will make him crack. Forgive me if it looks like I'm hoping on opportunistic bandwagons here,
VOTE: Atticus

There's no reason for Atticus to want to lynch somebody just because he doesn't like the way that somebody is playing, especially since I can't locate the part where DG declared herself to be the only one actively helping. So far all she has done is discuss her suspicions and tried to guess the pairing of scum.

Of course, voting for Atticus based on having a short fuse would be pretty silly of me, but he's also guilty of trying to divert attention from himself, metagaming and being frugal with his vote, so I don't feel quite so guilty about it.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by Atticus »

To mikeburnfire:

Crack? I'm sorry, but why do I need to be cracked?

I didn't say I want to lynch him, I said I would place a vote on him if I could find information that this was not his usual style. It seemed very... high.

Diverting attention off of myself? Explanation of how you mean, please?

Frugal, because vote-hopping seems to get me all the time killed.

I do not care how my votes compare to other people's only that time is given for a chance to say something before a lynching vote is placed on someone.

DG declared herself the only one actively hunting for scum in Post Subject... 145, on Page 6.

------------------------

To DrippingGoofball:

You seem to have translated my post wrongly, either that, or you're trying to make me look bad, because you know people will listen to you. I don't mind that you're posting the most stuff, what I
don't
like is how you threaten people as inactive just because you
are
posting so much.

As for being unwelcome, I do not beleive that you feel that way. Or maybe you're just extremely paranoid. But the only reason you have possibly to
conceive
that is that you've had 3 votes on you. And that is no reason at all to think that.

~~these~~are~~squiggly~~separators~~

There, I feel better, I feel somewhat wrongly accused, but I'm sure that if DrippingGoofball's town, she feels the same way.

Now, I'm pretty sure someone is going to vote for me based on this. And if you do, and if you guys want a role-claim, please give me a chance.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:41 pm

Post by Coron »

DrippingGoofball wrote:To clarify: If SpamWise is scum, then Coron is scum too, 100%.
and if he's serial killer? they still call that scum these days right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm glad you make sense.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:06 am

Post by Dodgy »

Ok, Ive read all the arguments and I can see why DGB thought Spamwise suspicious but as for the so called definate link between him and Coron, that doesn't seem so definate to me.
Sure scum do attack each other but to say it with such certainty, is a tad strong at this stage, although I do see what you are saying because of Spamise's declaration that he wanted it noted that he was the one to point out that Coron is scum.
My gut feeling tells me to vote for Spamwise but I am loathed to do it because I always think Spamwise is scum and I'm not sure if I can trust my judgement when it comes to him. I also think Coron is very suspicious although I don't see any eveidence that Spamwise and Coron are in partnership.
I'm stumped children, I can't decide who to vote but when I do, I am very happy as always in every game to put the last vote on someone.
Can't be doing with all this bull shit " oh I can't put the last vote on, cos people with think I'm scum". Thats all bollocks in my book, if I decide someone is scum, then I will vote at whatever stage.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Atticus »

Dodgy, as much as I love having someone who will actually place a lynching vote, no matter what the outcome if they think that person is scum, I also hate it.
You can easily be accused for doing that, but when you say you will, everyone trusts you, is hesitant to vote for someone who would say that. WIFOM, I know.
I just think it should be used only as wise as it should be. There shouldn't just be one person who will always place the lyncher and will always aviod attention for doing so because they always do it.
Not that I think you are particularly scummy, but I think that maybe that is because you always do it. I just think you usually get away with it, even if you are usually townie, but I think if you are scum and do it, it won't be seen as scummy. BUT WHATEVER!
I'm just suspicious of that kind of someone when I can't tell what the heck they are doing.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:04 pm

Post by Dodgy »

lol, I know some people will always think it scummy to put the last vote on, even if I do point it out but who cares.
I have never been scared to do it, and youre right, sometimes in games Im town and sometimes scum, so you should be suspicious of the person that puts the last vote but I do it anyway cos I think its bollocks if you want to vote for someone, but don't do it cos people might think it scummy.
However, as yet I'm not voting and some may think thats scummy too but I can't see the point in voting if you don't have a definate idea about someone.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Ah, I see now Atticus.

I'd really like some more dicussion from a few people, FierceDiety and Erotomachina to name a few. Eroto hasn't posted in a week, only posted three times, and never made a contributing post. It's quite irksome.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Quite irksome indeed. I learnt to hate lurkers in my other Mini game.

I sincerely apologize for not posting. Last time I checked the thread, everyone was being silly and the game seemed to be going slowly. Now I return to find 3 extra pages of intense discussion. In my defense, I was not lurking. I literally quite forgot about this topic. However, I am back.

My impressions are as follows:

I think Atticus' attack on Mariyta was overeager and strained. I cannot understand why he pursued her so rashly.

I agreed much more with mikeburnfire's replies than with DrippingGoofball's theories. I fail to see how we can be assured that Coron is scum if Spamwise turn up scum. It seems to me that she is pushing it a little far.
Spamwise wrote:No. It would logically make him likely scum, because if he's good at hiding his scumminess when he's scum, he'd be more likely to be scum if he was slightly scummy.
I fail to understand your logic. DGB is right here that these sorts of posts are suspicious--and, quite simply, weird.
Primate wrote:Interesting that you point out Goofball as a target though, I kinda agree with you. I don't really see the Coron-DBG that you suggest though. I see an Atticus-Dripping Goofball, if anything.
I'd like an explanation of this, because I don't see the Atticus-DBG link.

Unvote: ChannelDelibird
for my random vote is outdated.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I think DG was perhaps trying to contribute a little much out of not a lot when she first entered the game, seeing as when you replace someone who wasn't contributing then people expect something from you right off the bat. I don't really feel suspicious of her at this point.

SpamWise - probably better to put pressure on Coron when there's evidence against him in some way (that includes scummy/weird posts, I mean to say).
#greenshirtthursdays
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I don't like the way DG's jumping to conclusions here. Still, though, jumping to conclusions that "If A is scum B is scum" for no apparent reason is less suspicious, to me, then saying "If A is NOT scum then B is scum" for no apparent reason, the way Atticus did, because saying that can get two townies lynched. And despite me asking him twice why he said that, he just ignored my questions.
Atticus wrote:, I'm sure, that when we lynch Mariyta, if she's not scum, Yosarian is. I don't know why.
Atticus wrote: Now,
from
that, it has matured, considering yours and Mariyta's attakcs, to a large consideration that one of you is scum.
Unless he can give some logical explination for these comments (he has not done so yet), my guess is that he was hoping to get Mariyta lynched, knew she would come up town, and then hoped to use that "logic" to get me lynched. In other words, unless Atticus is willing to explain himself, I'm going to have to assume he's scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:41 am

Post by Atticus »

Though I'm sure you did, Yosarian, I don't remember you asking those questions before. Well, I thought it might be worth it to sacrifice a vanilla for a scum. I did beleive that one of you is scum, and that the other is a townie ... what the heck, not that I can defend that statement, nor myself for saying it, but while I am still very suspicious, I did have no reason to make it. I'm very sorry, that's just the kind of thing I would do and I wasn't paying attention to it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(Edit by way of post:Looking back at my posts, turns out I only asked Atticus once and the other time I just pointed out it was a false dilemma without actually asking about it specifically, instead of asking him twice like I thought. Not that it changes anything, just figured I'd better correct my error before someone jumped down my throat over it.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 am

Post by Atticus »

No biggie. But it is nice of you to consider it.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by Atticus »

Oh, and Eroto, I should have addressed this earlier, butwhen the game is going slowly, it helps alot for someone who realizes that to get things moving. I just don't see why you wouldn't have even tried to do that.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:48 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Yosarian2 wrote:(Edit by way of post:Looking back at my posts, turns out I only asked Atticus once and the other time I just pointed out it was a false dilemma without actually asking about it specifically, instead of asking him twice like I thought. Not that it changes anything, just figured I'd better correct my error before someone jumped down my throat over it.)
OMG PARANOID SCUM!!!!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:36 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Deadline for Day 1 is now activated for June 23rd, 2006 at 1PM EST. :twisted:

This may be retractable if a lot of extension requests are made.

Note that if we ever reach the extension, the votes to lynch will be reduced from 7 to 4!
The end justifies the means.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:52 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm actually getting the worst scumvibes from Atticus still. While I still want input from FD, I think this is out best lead. He suspected Mariyta on the grounds that she was being 'so defensive', but got strung out when it was interpreted as 'overly defensive'. This leads me to believe that he wanted to throw suspicion on Mariyta without wanting to be the one responsible for her lynch.

After Mariyta starts pushing back, his next target is Yosarian. He even goes so far as to say
Now, I'm sure, that when we lynch Mariyta, if she's not scum, Yosarian is. I don't know why.
Why? According to Atticus,
I thought it might be worth it to sacrifice a vanilla for a scum. I did beleive that one of you is scum, and that the other is a townie
. Now, sacrificing two people on the grounds that you believe one of them is scum is suspicious enough, but when you don't have any proof that either one of them is scum, then it becomes a problem. DrippingGoofball has been guilty of this too, but at least she based her Spamwise-Coron links on their interactions.

Atticus has played very suspiciously in my eyes. He's always backtracking, always appologizing for not using logic in his posts, always offering to claim if he gets too many votes, and uses the excuse "I always looks scummy" to slip out relatively unscathed. I personally believe him to be the best lynch for the day so far, so I shall stick with my vote.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:33 am

Post by Mariyta »

Yep. I agree with you 100%, Mike. My vote on Atticus stays. No one else really stands out for any reason.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:31 am

Post by Atticus »

Uhh, Spamwise, do ya wanna elaborate a little on that?

Alot of people seem to want to kill me at this point, and I still do want a chance before I die. My excuse of "always looking scummy" is more of a warning than of a scapegoat.

So, I've got four votes. Bah, I guess I've got 9 days to make a defence... or 2 votes to make a defence. I'm just worried that someone will vote me for a good reason, and then the lurkers will jump me.

Here's my defence right now: I've aggressively pursued people until I could get them to say enough to flip out at me and/or do something that makes it worthwhile enough. Mariyta did that, enough for me to think she's scum, but someone can't be lynched if they only have 1 vote. If they don't, or if there's not enough support. I see no reason to keep on them until later, and go to another, the next most suspicious person on my list. But that's just what I think I was doing, I'm usually not accurate on that sort of thing, but that's all I can figure. Very very scummy, I know. I can't say much else for it though. I'm pro-town, and it doesn't get much more specific, except for the car that I drive.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:03 am

Post by Dodgy »

Ok, I have read what everyone has to say and this is my conclusion.
Atticus doesn't strike me as scum. I may be wrong but I think he is just being defensive, which could be construde as scummy but some people just play that way whatever their role.
Spamwise does seem scummy to me, he contributes very little apart from his profound statements about someones scummyness. I find this very suspicious but for me the person that jumps out is Erotomachia.
He only bothered to post when people started to mention that he was lurking, his excuse was that he wasn't watching the game, which I would have bought, had it not been for the fact that he posted almost immediately after it was mentioned, which leads me to conclude that he was watching the game all along.
Vote: Erotomachia

and definatelt
FOS: Spamwise
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:06 am

Post by Dodgy »

In case you were wondering, definatelt is pixie language for definately :wink:
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:25 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I knew I'd get a vote or two for not posting....which is a good thing. I wholeheartedly believe in applying pressure to those who are not active. However, let us not forget to apply the most pressure to those who are truly suspicious.

Dodgy: The truth is that I checked the thread on Sunday and started reading through all the material I had missed. I didn't go straight through it, and--in the end--it took quite a while. I realized that the other players were upset about lack of participation, so I knew that I would have to post. My class readings delayed my post until late Sunday night, whereupon I was able to add in a bit--including a response to mikeburnfire.

I am reluctant to vote for Atticus, frankly. Logically he's probably the best choice, but my heart has not been convinced.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:11 pm

Post by Dodgy »

OK, I buy your story for now Eroto, so I will go with my other suspicion.
Unvote

Vote: Spamwise

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”