Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:31 am

Post by malthusis »

Just cam in to say hi, need to reread the remnants of the thread.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:48 am

Post by malthusis »

Mod:A quick question: I've downloaded and extracted the files for the game you gave, but how do I read them?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 am

Post by malthusis »

Vote Rylai

The download's good to read now. I'll check it out a bit more and summarize the case against Rylai for the new thread.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:48 am

Post by malthusis »

@Rylai: Why do you think v2v is scum? Looking through the archive, I see a ton of times where you state a case on X, but then keep voting v2v because he's scummier. However, you haven't actually stated why you're voting him. Explain?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by malthusis »

@Malth
Do you still think that delta's claim is fake?

Something still rubs me the wrong way about that claim, but I'm more willing to lynch Rylai at this point in the game.

Here's a question to you:
But regarding actiondan:
his whiteknighting of rylai is ridiculous,
and since they know each other I think it is more likely that actiondan is scum and trying to buddy up to rylai than anything else.
His chainsaw defense ultimatum doesn't help his case either.

I agree with you on the bolded points, but what things have AD and Rylai done to make you think that Dan is just buddying up to a weak townie instead of them being scumbuddies?

I'll be V/LA tomorrow, it's Hunger Games premiere and I'm psyched to check it out. :D
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by malthusis »

Also, digging up in the old thread revealed this gem:
(ActionDan)
Vijay when I have a bit more time, you're going to burn.

All your shit about the fake hammer was one big farce which includes a variety of lies.

I took the time to search all your current games, and in only 1/5 has there been a "fake" hammer which has to be the one you are referencing. Reading how it came about combined with what you have spouted off this game, it makes it obvious you are just stringing us along.

You go on for several wall posts about Vijay's guilt, with supporting arguments and evidence to back it up.Why are you voting Glass if you seriously thing that Vijay is scum that badly? Seems a bit petty to vote Glass to protect Rylai, don't you think?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by malthusis »

I'm here, just had a lot of RL stuff to do.

Will catch up and post something by the end of today.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:06 am

Post by malthusis »

Unvote
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 am

Post by malthusis »

Okay, here are some thoughts:

@ActionDan:
In post 58, malthusis wrote:Also, digging up in the old thread revealed this gem:
(ActionDan)
Vijay when I have a bit more time, you're going to burn.

All your shit about the fake hammer was one big farce which includes a variety of lies.

I took the time to search all your current games, and in only 1/5 has there been a "fake" hammer which has to be the one you are referencing. Reading how it came about combined with what you have spouted off this game, it makes it obvious you are just stringing us along.

You go on for several wall posts about Vijay's guilt, with supporting arguments and evidence to back it up.Why are you voting Glass if you seriously thing that Vijay is scum that badly? Seems a bit petty to vote Glass to protect Rylai, don't you think?

You still haven't stated why Glass is a better wagon, Dan. Why are you voting him?

@Korlash: Pretty much what I got out of your posts were these main two points:

Vijay's hammer wasn't faked/ he was serious

Delta should be lynched.

Anything else I'm missing?

I'm still reading up on a few things on the point of v2v's, but for Point 2, I'm up for a Delta lynch today. His claim still seems odd to me (saying you're a miller, then adding in the important goon miller points later), and Rylai's ran away.

Unvote, Vote Delta

Be back in a sec...
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by malthusis »

In post 159, Korlash wrote:@ All those voting Delta: WHY? Can any of you give me a reason other than "I don't want him around later!"? Anyone? Anyone at all?

I think his claim is BS.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by malthusis »

Here's the best explanation I could come with on your case on v2v, Korlash.

It seems like you are taking the ''scientific method'' approach to your case on him: You're assuming he's lying about his fakehammer, and then making assumptions (that seem logical enough). However, you still haven't proven that v2v is lying about his fakehammer. I don't really see a reason for scum v2v to fakehammer: if kondi really was his scumbuddy, he's rather be much better off bussing him down then playing a gambit in my mind. As well, there were enough newbs in the game at that point that one of them might have shown some reaction. I honestly think the whole thing is null.

It seems like your entire case rests on this one singular assumption. Could you try to explain it better?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by malthusis »

All the new people are calling DW town, but haven't commented on the claim buisness. I'm starting to honestly get creeped out about whether I'm missing something profound here, because everyone's putting him on the top of their town lists... :neutral:

As well, you sort of skimmed over the part on how you found lucky to be newbscum. I haven't really read too in depth into him lately, but he honestly felt like newbtown trying too hard. If anything, I'd rather put that title on iStark instead.

@New guys: what did you think of DW's claim? What's the mysterious "smoking gun" that changes Lucky from newbtown to newbscum?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by malthusis »

In post 233, Om of the Nom wrote:@malthusis: DW's claim was null. He could have done it as either alignment.
Lucky is scum because something feels off about him.

And iStark somehow isn't the same?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by malthusis »

In post 293, Korlash wrote:

Does everyone remember when Delta posted this:

Delta wrote:P-Edit: To go one step further, my role PM doesn't just specify that I would turn up guilty to cops. I'll turn up guilty to anyone who can investigate. I don't know if that's a red herring or not.

Everyone knows it was
before
the whole 'mafia goon' part right? And everyone knows that it accounts for the whole 'mafia goon' thing right? And no one is stupid enough to let his own role slip before factoring this into his suspicions right? >.> (annoyed face)

Let's assume player A is a sane cop. He investigates Delta and sees a "mafia goon". Since "mafia goons" would come up as guilty, he probably gets a game vernacular version of 'guilty. bam, covered. BUT BUT BUT, Player B is an assumed role cop... Uh oh mod, role cop investigated Delta... Tsk tsk, didn't account for this possibility did you OH WAIT! He sees a "mafia goon" And gets a game vernacular version of that role! WHAT ARE THE ODDS?!?!?!

Surprisingly, you outlined most my suspicion for the claim better then I could :)

Basically, the claim seems like an extremely safe cover for an actual goon. Trackers, cops, role cops, it just seems like a massive forged "get out of jail free" card to me. As well, he claims miller on the first page (which is fine, that's standard procedure), but when actually questioned over 10 pages later, he just happens in "oh yeah, I actually show up as a goon to everything!".

Here's my post shortly after the claim:

(when asked why his claim is fishy)Probably because he mentioned it, became silent, then when asked in exact terms, mentions something really important that should have been mentioned right off the bat. Also, it seems like a perfect cover for an actual goon.

In fact, now that I think about it, wouldn't you naturally expect a cop (or a gazillion variations thereof) to appear in a cop-flavor themed game? This seems like a pre-emptive cover against attacks from cops from a scum.

Unvote, Vote DW
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP: I would also support a CSL wagon, because of the scummy actions of his predecessor, Rylai.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:39 am

Post by malthusis »

Well, a DW lynch isn't happening today, so I'll so back to my first set of suspicions:
Unvote, Vote CSL

L-1.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 am

Post by malthusis »

In post 320, Rainbowdash wrote:
unvote
Vote malthusis

Woah woah woah

I need to at very least think about this. Zero to six votes in ten seconds flat with NO case ever being made? Smells fishy.

@OOTM and malthus - Give me your CSL cases.

I have none. My case is against Rylai, CSL's predecessor, who I've been rallying case against for the first 2/3rds of the game, and then only recently dropped because he got replaced out. Have you explored the cache thoroughly yet? It should have been fairly ovious I've been wanting to lynch him for a looooooong time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”