greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 879, Feysal wrote:To quickly name some other reads, I like Zdenek rather more than Tammy. I have played with him as scum three times, and most recently with both of us town and mistakenly suspecting each other in Consulmaker III (the game has been canceled due to the crash). I can believe him making arguments like the ones he has been making here as town. That does not mean I would agree with them - I thought the points he was making against me in Consulmaker III were flawed too, more flawed than any case I've seen him make as actual scum.

Since you have some experience with him, would you say that Zdenek is a player with easily distinguishable town and scum styles?
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:27 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 919, AurorusVox wrote:HazeScum, why do you say scum are likely to post infrequently but you've never once called me scummy?

Nice fabricated scum read there. Why on earth would Haze (who was afk) call you out for being afk?
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

@Greenknight
– my reference to a was in reference to the specific statement “Basically he doesn't get any townpoints for claiming and I view pine as mildly suspicious currently.”

You’d need to point me to the post where I indicated that Pine WAS getting Town points for his claim. Again, in you made the bit where you inferred it was scummy for him to be claiming a role that was speculated. I find that sort of soft assertion as suspect.

@Shadoweh

@Feysal

@Lord M
- If so good work because you already surpassed Norman in skill and effectiveness. You don’t know when the Lemon wagon originated? You can’t ISO the Mod for Vote Counts and find it yourself? Do you need to be handed everything on a silver platter?

And saying your statements are ‘Empty Townie posts’ is hardly name calling. I’m saying your posts are crafted to look like they come from Townie McTownpants (taking easy and soft positions like “Let’s be nice to each other”) but don’t actually help Town out. That’s something scum are interested in doing, not Town.

--

I’m so hurt that . Your inability to type the words [p@st=866][/post] or direct quote is noted as attempts to make it more difficult to analyse your response.

Haze wrote:2. Like I said, this catch is pure coincidence and circumstancial. It's an honest mistake and obviously you're not going to be convinced since you're so shut up in your tiny pinhole vision. Your honour, this is the highest I can put it to you.

And I’ve said that I don’t believe you and think you are scum. That’s the downside when your play reads as scum to me.

Haze wrote:3. No, it's easy to fall under the radar in this game. Scum would be better off making semi-frequent posts rather than be like me and geniunely be away.

Basically what you have been doing since you first popped up after I called you out.

Haze wrote:4. Again. This is circumstancial. I didn't post in the thread when Seacore first sent me the link. A couple of days later I saw my to do list (which includes mafia games to read) and I decided to make my first post because I totally forgot about this (ie not in my Egosearch.) I hadn't even read your posts at that point. So yes, it was coincidence.

So you got a link to the new thread and chose to not bother to bookmark it (which is far superior to Egosearch in keeping up with games)?

Haze wrote:5. Looked like a wagon was going to build, as per mosts games I'm in with Norman in Day 1 before he replaces.

Oh, so you posted that there was a bandwagon on Page 2 because it looked like one would form, regardless of the fact that it didn’t. Lulz, no.

Haze wrote:6. Like I said, scum can formulate perfectly reasonable and logical arguments. Especially in a game this big with this many mislynch targets.p
In fact I tend to sound more credible as mafia because I put more effort into my posts and edit and re-edit them before I post.
It's not a read. Also for the record, your arguemnts are emotional and tunnelly.

And the fact that Scum can make logical arguments doesn’t refute the premise that Town are overwhelmingly better of as a whole if they do so themselves. Scum making logical arguments are much more likely to be caught out in bad logic and are more suspectible to giving out relational tells.

The bolded make exactly zero sense so I’m not sure what you are getting at with it.

You clearly don’t have any clue what Tunneling is if you are trying to say that we are tunnelling you.

Haze wrote:7. I didn't even call jackal for Lurking. Read. Read. Says Sheeping. Me not voting Pine was avoiding creating this cognitive dissonance, big man. I think you/Shadoweh tried calling me out for that.

Way to dodge the questions! Here is what I originally posted (so everyone can see that you are indeed dodging)

1. Care to point out why he ‘doesn’t make much sense’ instead of just making generalized fluff?
2. The irony of you calling out what is effectively one of our biggest lurkers while knocking me for calling out lurkers is not lost on me. In the fact that it’s a sign of Cognitive Dissonance.

1. You again didn’t bother to point out a single post and demonstrate why Jackal isn’t making sense.
2. Your ‘I didn’t call him out for lurking” actually makes you look even more scummy. Because in 3 above you say “Scum would be better off making semi-frequent posts”. So you are asserting that Jackal is behaving as scum logically would but then YOU DON’T EVEN CALL HIM SCUM FOR IT. Instead you throw down some generalized bullshit that you refuse to actually support.

Haze you can definitely swim in the scum pool!

--

@Town
– I’d like you, before reading this (if you are going to do so) to first review and . Notice all the things I showed that Zdenek blatantly does not address – his snipping selective quotes completely out of context to make his accusations and ignoring the refuting of his points with direct examples.

Zdenek wrote:
My argument against Tammy is not a meta argument. It's a she's making posts that have possible scum intent: avoiding taking stances is scummy, trying to get people to focus on others rather than doing it yourself is scummy and defending people by questioning other people's attacks on them is (somewhat) scummy. The scum intent is clear - playing like this avoids conflict while creating conflict between other players, and defending people from others attacks is buddying with the person being attacked and if the person being attacked is lynched and flips town, it increases the players credibility in the thread. Now, I am providing evidence that these are actually things that scum do, and I chose Darth Yoshi's play in that game because it bears such a close resemblance.

Well let’s be frank then – you’ve failed to make an argument that what are accusing Tammy of is more likely to come from scum. You can find pretty much any behavior in forums Mafia and find examples of Scum players doing that.

1. You’ve failed to address the fact that I showed that Tammy was taking stances and that your examples were taken out of context in a scummy fashion.
2. You’ve failed to address how I showed that Tammy was not ‘trying to get people to focus on others rather than doing it yourself”.
3. You’ve failed to show how her attacking people for suspect attacks on others is scummy or even inaccurate.
4. You’ve failed to show how she is buddying anyone.

The Town intent is also clear – to scum-hunt people making scummy attacks, scum hunt a number of players at once (very Town play).

Zdenek wrote:I was pretty specific about it being that meta argument and not meta in general, and moreover, my argument against Tammy's not a meta argument. Keep grasping MoI.

Directly linking to scum play in another game is a meta argument at it’s core (bad or good) whether you want to frame it as such or not.

Zdenek wrote:I don't care about doing that, and frankly no one does it. If you want to start holding everyone to that standard fine, but I've said what I see Tammy doing. The fact that there is scum motivation to play this way is clear, and now I've provided evidence that scum do in fact play like this.

You’ve proven 1 example of scum acting in that fashion. That doesn’t prove scum motivation reliable enough to be considered a viable scum-tell IMO.

Zdenek wrote:Personally, I don't think this is a tell, but I can see how people could come to the conclusion that is.

So it isn’t a valid tell but you wouldn’t say using it as a tell is scummy then. How’s that post feel?

Zdenek wrote:It doesn't, but rather than acknowledging her agreement with that, she decided to attack that entire argument with the blanket of it being terrible.

Please link me to this because I don’t recall seeing that behavior.

Zdenek wrote:It is a scum-tell and you're wrong.

You, so you go to “NO U!” Noted.

Zdenek wrote:I don't have to find everything that Tammy's done scummy to find some of the things that she's done scummy, and I've already said that she's started look a bit better in my eyes, but there is no chance that I am going to say that these things that she's done are not scummy.

Bullshit. You said she wasn’t taking stances. That’s a binary statement. Either she is or she isn’t. I showed how your examples were cherry-picked and not accurate. You don’t get to say “This one line shows she’s not taking stances” when I showed you how she was taking solid stances IN THE SAME POST YOU QUOTED FROM.

Now you are backtracking and trying to say “I didn’t say all her posts were scummy or that she wasn’t taking stances in all her posts, just these bits I cherry-picked to form my argument”. Scummy as hell!

Zdenek wrote:Not a town-tell.

Should I respond with a “NO, U” to this.

Zdenek wrote:It's certainly not the case that they all do.

Again, “NO U”.

Zdenek wrote:That's cute, but it's a shitty reason for you to think that she's town.

At this point I’ll just say that your opinion on what a valid tell or ‘shitty’ reason means very little to me given I think you are scum. Dislike that? Oh well.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 am

Post by greenknight »

General reads on some of the names that have been brought up recently:

Avox - Scum

Foxace - Appears to be resigned to being lynched. I think the selfvote is scummy given the context that we'd already had someone else selfvoting in the game, but not foolproof since it's day 1 and I've seen town behave this way early on when they aren't yet emotionally invested in the game. Mild scum read

Tammy - Zdenek's basis for attacking her is wrong, I see her play so far as being consistent with a cautious town style (ask questions first, form opinions later, considering the possibility that her initial read on Zdenek might be incorrect.) None of the behaviour that Zdenek accuses her of strikes me as out of character for this style. Mild town read.

Zdenek - His style is drastically changed from AFFC where he was scum and played a low-impact lurky/sniping game. Not sure whether this is because he is town, or because he is scum who felt forced into changing his style to avoid further attacks based on meta. If the latter is true it could explain why his attacks on Tammy are bad (if he's trying to play combative scum.) Mild scum read.

MoI - I'm getting frustrated with his attempts to spin whatever position I take as somehow having an ulterior scum motive. It's starting to remind me of his scum play from AFFC where he mixed good observations with fabricated ones. Mild scum read.

MoS - Either lazy town - or scum taking advantage of the meta that he started AFFC by playing lazy town and figuring that he wouldn't take much heat for doing the same thing again. Mild scum read.

Trekker - Extremely non-interactive play - no explanation for reads/votes, avoiding any engagement with other players. Very convenient style to use if he's scum that doesn't want to draw connections with anyone. Probably figures he can get away with it against a backdrop of other players trolling. Has quietly slipped into lurker mode after his name was brought up as suspicious a few times. Moderate scum read.

Lord Mhork - Fluff posting. I agree with MoI on this one. Mild scum read.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Norman »

I will attempt to break away from the votes taken into account of this meeting. From now on I am an independent townie with my own state of affairs. From now on I will remain diplomatically immune to everyone's votes. Ever since Shadow1psc's vote on me, I have become recently irritated. Here is my declaration of defiance written down in Paint. No is not an answer and you must comply because I have the power of imagination. Indeed, the host may have the power of the game, but I have the power of the pen! My world is now MY own world, no-one is welcome in it.

Haha!So take this policy lynchers! You may NOT vote me, and anyone voting for me is voting for themselves. Good day to you dumbshit legislators who often try to policy lynch me because I'm usually the scapegoat. If you want someone lynched so bad go take it out on someone else, but not me.

Here is my declaration of defiance to which everyone will have to comply to or I will draw some pics demotivating your cause! I'M INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think twice before lynching a propagandist!
Norman.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

The above post is brought to you by the letters V and I and the number DERP.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Seacore »

Vote Count 1.12

Norman (2) -
LynchMePls, Shadow1psc

AurorusVox (1) -
greenknight

CooLDoG (3) -
trekker, PeregrineV, mastin2

Shadow1psc (1) -
sorgster

Pine (1) -
Mastermind of Sin

MaguaofIllusion (1) -
Feysal

Tammy (2) -
Haze, Zdenek

Zdenek (1) -
Tammy

Foxace36 (8) -
Pine, Foxace36, MaguaofIllusion, Shadoweh, brizingre1, Jackal711, AurorusVox, Empking

trekker (2) -
CooLDoG, kondi2424

greenknight (1) -
Norman

Not Voting (3) - Moneybags, BBmolla, Lord Mhork

VLA - Feysal, Lord Mhork, Foxace36,trekker

Prodding - Moneybags

(expired on 2012-04-02 00:00:00) left in Day 1.
With 26 alive, 14 are needed to secure a lynch.

Seeking replacement for LynchMePls and sorgster
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Seacore »

Also, I'm going to slightly increase the length of Day 1 by 24 hours. This is partially because of the replacements and partially because I'll be at a funeral at that time.

So if you run up a lynch in that time period, you will possibly be getting a long twilight, although I'll have my phone with me and will lock the thread if I see it. There, everybody is informed.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:53 am

Post by Norman »

In post 930, MaguaofIllusion wrote:The above post is brought to you by the letters V and I and the number DERP.

Silence you wretch! I am no longer part of your retarded and long meetings of voting! Like many men and women who have the belief of supreme individual power, I choose to believe as power that I am diplomatically immune to the voters and their insufferable legislation! I am invincible and there is nothing you or ANYONE can do it about it! Sure this is a democratic game but I am above such a game. I am invincible to your votes, but not kills... I'm afraid...

Don't make me write something about you, because I will do it if you proceed with your allegations against me! In repeating to what I now just said, I AM NOW NON-EXISTANT TO YOUR VOTES AND REMAIN
DIPLOMATICALLY IMMUNE.

Good day to you all. I am still in the game but not in the town meetings.
Norman.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Can we please just lynch that?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 927, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
@Greenknight
– my reference to a was in reference to the specific statement “Basically he doesn't get any townpoints for claiming and I view pine as mildly suspicious currently.”

You’d need to point me to the post where I indicated that Pine WAS getting Town points for his claim.

Am I attacking anyone for holding the position that Pine gets town points for claiming? Am I even implying that YOU said Pine was getting town points? No. So how can you say that I'm making a strawman argument?
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Norman »

In post 934, Shadow1psc wrote:Can we please just lynch that?

HAH! I laugh at you Shadow, but you can't you know why? Because I'm no longer part of your assembly, you piece of shit. You can try to lynch me all you want but you know deep down that I cannot be for I am diplomtically immune!

Hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha HA! IN YOUR FACE SHADOW! YEAH! SUCK ON IT! :mrgreen:
Norman.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:13 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 912, BBmolla wrote:
In post 911, Mastermind of Sin wrote:You can join my party over here in the corner, BB.

Do I get free healthcare?

Dude it's like Canada up in this bitch.
Permanent V/LA.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:20 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 936, Norman wrote:

HAH! I laugh at you Shadow, but you can't you know why? Because I'm no longer part of your assembly, you piece of shit. You can try to lynch me all you want but you know deep down that I cannot be for I am diplomtically immune!

Hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha HA! IN YOUR FACE SHADOW! YEAH! SUCK ON IT! :mrgreen:

This is amusing but not very helpful.

Care to give us some reads on the current suspects instead?
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:22 am

Post by Norman »

In post 938, greenknight wrote:

Nope, not a citizen of the town now. I'm a vagabond... Sadly. But it must be like that.
Norman.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Why are you trying to get
anything
out of Norman?

In post 935, greenknight wrote:
@Greenknight

You’d need to point me to the post where I indicated that Pine WAS getting Town points for his claim.

Am I attacking anyone for holding the position that Pine gets town points for claiming? Am I even implying that YOU said Pine was getting town points? No. So how can you say that I'm making a strawman argument?

Pine
does not
get town cred for that botched claim, and I think we've all agreed that it was the worst, most unprovoked claim in the history of serious claims. I don't know enough about Pine's town play, but I would support his lynch right now as the one day one lynch with merit behind it, where offing that 'power' doesn't really hurt us if somehow that was a true claim. As it stands, I think Norman's just full of hot air and mocking everyone in this game at this point.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Norman »

In post 940, Shadow1psc wrote:

Why are you trying to get
anything
out of Norman?

In post 935, greenknight wrote:
@Greenknight

Pine
does not
get town cred for that botched claim, and I think we've all agreed that it was the worst, most unprovoked claim in the history of serious claims. I don't know enough about Pine's town play, but I would support his lynch right now as the one day one lynch with merit behind it, where offing that 'power' doesn't really hurt us if somehow that was a true claim. As it stands, I think Norman's just full of hot air and mocking everyone in this game at this point.

Oh no Shadow, this time I'm on strike. It's not just that I'm filled with hot air, and may I remind you that YOU and whoever is still voting for me are MOCKING ME! This time, in this game, it's now getting personal. And not only am I an independent now, I will not vote since I am now not a citizen of this town anymore. And with THIS personal freedom you and anyone may not lynch me.

The case is now closed. I am still in the game but I will be watching how the town progresses, and no I'm not a spectator.

Unvote: Greenknight
Norman.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Pine »

Please, please tell me there's a Vig out there.

Lately, I'm liking Greenknight as Town and MoI's arguments for Zdenek-scum.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by Norman »

In post 942, Pine wrote:Please, please tell me there's a Vig out there.

Lately, I'm liking Greenknight as Town and MoI's arguments for Zdenek-scum.

Well if there is a vigilante out there I'm pretty sure he wouldn't kill such a fellow like myself.

After all I have no quarrel with him and he has no quarrel with me. You people however have problems.
Norman.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Why are so many people talking about how they "would" support a Pine lynch, yet I'm the only one with the balls to vote him?
Permanent V/LA.
Norman
Norman
Goon
Norman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Norman »

In post 944, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Why are so many people talking about how they "would" support a Pine lynch, yet I'm the only one with the balls to vote him?

Yeah what's up with that.
Norman.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Because they haven't sniffed enough glue to actually think it's a good idea.

In post 940, Shadow1psc wrote:
Pine
does not

This argument is horrible. You're seriously suggesting that a Day 1 cop lynch is the best day to do it, because there's no harm to the town if the cop happens to be real and he just happened to be lynched before he could get any results? We all haven't agreed with you, by the way. Why is it fake?

MoI: Reread the original pages. I liked his early content during the alignment argument.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Alright. Let's try something different.

Everyone:
That's every single other player in the game.
I want, in your own words, your summary of how the game has gone so far.
At the same time, I'd also like you to tell me how many scum you think are in the game--I know this game is a lil' unusual, but I imagine that there is a scum faction out there.
And of course, who they are--not a single person; I want you to give me a whole team. Plus of course the reasoning you think they're scum together.

Anyone:
Are there any claims I should be made aware of?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Drunk FoS Norman

More importantly, fuck off Greenknight scum. I gave you the chance to back down but NO you had to be a fucking toadie scumbag. Fuck off. You scumfuck.

"OH WHY WOULD AFK HAZE CALL YOU SCUM?"

BECASE i've been MORE THAN FUCKING AFK you derp fuck

I've ben "exactly" what he called scum
Contrbuting little
In the way of etc

BUT NOT
FUCKING
AFK

YOU DERPDICK

Greenknight is now CONFSCUM with HAXEZ

and probably mhork, since whassisname, Norman and whoever Foxy I'm voting etc they';re prob scummm tgiethere

SO YEAHS
FCK EM ALL
AND VOTE FOXACE FOR THE PROVERBAL WIN

HOLY SHT MASTIN IS IN THE GAME

GUYS
hhere is the plan

WHEVER MASING VOTES
WE VOTE
BECAUSE AS A REPLACEMENT HE IS FUCKING PEIC

EPIC

So if he;s town he's right
if he's scm he'

MASTIN FOAACE IS SCUM AMIRITE?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(Uh, the mod *did* announce I replaced in, right? I've got Maniacle's role PM, so I should be fine to play, right? :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”