Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 799, Staeg wrote:I'm still reading along and all that, and I'll get something actually useful out tomorrow.

holy shit STALL MOAR SCUM

ALL THOSE GAMES OF LOL > GETTIN YOU READS AT L-1?

BULLFUCKINGSHIT

HAMMER

THIS

GODDAMN

CLOWN
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Actually the site crash, not realising how much my new job would take out of me and some really upsetting additions to the player list demoralised me. I am trying my best to increase my post flow, which you are helping with. Problem Im having is not retaining stuff, so whilst I find Amrun scummy mcscummerson currently, that has about a retention time of about 3 days.

Yos, Im trying to work out your thoughts here. I look forward to reading your posts within this game, and I was slightly disappointed you didn't respond to my last post. Your problem and your vote with me seems primarily meta based which troubles me a bit, in that I'd expect more from someone who doesn't throw around his vote. But then hey, I'm using meta their as well. Regardless though, what worries me most, and I do find me making this point kind of dampens it a bit, is that with your case not really having that much content behind it, are you really finding me scummy or are you just looking for the easy (and potentially dangerous) option?

Also regardless of alignment, see Weather Mafia 1 (and the Glork Weather Mafia humping in other areas) it may not have been my best win but it was definitely the coolest. I harassed Glork to run this again (which didnt take much as he was already doing that), I PM'ed some of the more awesome original players to convince them to join. I even got pissy when Glork didn't initially allow pre-ins. I'm not that big of a jerk that after all that effort I would just give up. You've played with me enough where I've been either alignment to know thats true. However this paragraph is dedicated to me being huffy that you would even think that I've given up on this game - if that were true I would have replaced out.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I also have this feeling I dislikes staegs play thus far, but I can't remember if thats because I find him scummy or because his play makes me feel like someone took a shit on my beautiful steak.

Either way, I want to read up before I'd even consider voting him or anyone.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 800, Fate wrote:
In post 799, Staeg wrote:I'm still reading along and all that, and I'll get something actually useful out tomorrow.

holy shit STALL MOAR SCUM

ALL THOSE GAMES OF LOL > GETTIN YOU READS AT L-1?

BULLFUCKINGSHIT

HAMMER

THIS

GODDAMN

CLOWN

Yep. Not in the mood for mafia. Can't get anything done in a half-decent manner.
sa vrede?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 801, Porochaz wrote:
Actually the site crash, not realising how much my new job would take out of me and some really upsetting additions to the player list demoralised me. I am trying my best to increase my post flow, which you are helping with. Problem Im having is not retaining stuff, so whilst I find Amrun scummy mcscummerson currently, that has about a retention time of about 3 days.

Yos, Im trying to work out your thoughts here. I look forward to reading your posts within this game, and I was slightly disappointed you didn't respond to my last post. Your problem and your vote with me seems primarily meta based which troubles me a bit, in that I'd expect more from someone who doesn't throw around his vote. But then hey, I'm using meta their as well. Regardless though, what worries me most, and I do find me making this point kind of dampens it a bit, is that with your case not really having that much content behind it, are you really finding me scummy or are you just looking for the easy (and potentially dangerous) option?

I really think you're scummy at this point, yeah. Meta isn't a big part of that, either, other then to say that I don't consider your "I'm always useless early in the game" meta defense to be either convincing or consistant with what I know of you.

You've been on my "list of people I wouldn't mind lynching" since day 1 at this point.

The biggest issues I have with you at the moment are:

-Very limited amount of scumhunting, and what there is is fairly low quality. Just doesn't really look like you're trying to help the town this game.

-trying to push through the UN by accusing me (and Shea) of being scum with UN, in a situation where I don't believe town-Porochaz would have actually believed that. UN was trying WAY too hard to lynch me all game for there to be any way you could have plausibly believed that a UN-Yos scum team was at all plausible. You also didn't seem to blink in your efforts of trying to lynch him after he clarified his claim, even though the clarified claim seemed to really lower the odds of him being scum; like I said yesterday, I can't really see the mod giving the scum a double vote "whenever it's not a thunderstorm".

I don't blame anyone for simply suspecting UN, he was a pretty bad poster, but suspecting him without even seeming to consider his basically confirmed role seems weird.

-Defense of the scum Kats. I wouldn't have minded as much if I got the impression that at the end of day 2 you actually had some reason to think Kats was town, or that you had some reason to think my case was bad, but it felt like you were just trying to dismiss my case as "shit" in a really offhanded way without really explaining why.

I did read your post where you defend your defense of Kats as you not reading my day 1 case, but that on day 2, you claimed that I wasn't able to "differentiate to you how Katsuki's play is different from his usual play", and I'm not sold by that defense. Even if you didn't go back and read day 1, if you read THIS thread, you should have at least been able to comment on my main points against Kats, which were:

-A day 1 voting pattern on the part of Kats that strongly indicated a link between Kats and BBm, that I explained in great detail in this post: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 5#p3919985

-A pattern of sheeping on Fate and UN with a complete lack of logic that appeared to be a textbook case of "scum following town onto bad wagons"

Neither of those points were at all meta-based, or have anything to do with what "Kat's usual play is".

Also regardless of alignment, see Weather Mafia 1 (and the Glork Weather Mafia humping in other areas) it may not have been my best win but it was definitely the coolest. I harassed Glork to run this again (which didnt take much as he was already doing that), I PM'ed some of the more awesome original players to convince them to join. I even got pissy when Glork didn't initially allow pre-ins. I'm not that big of a jerk that after all that effort I would just give up. You've played with me enough where I've been either alignment to know thats true. However this paragraph is dedicated to me being huffy that you would even think that I've given up on this game - if that were true I would have replaced out.

"Giving up" might be a bit strong. I guess a better description would be that it seems like you are frustrated and unmotivated by this game at this point. I see that a lot in townies when the town is losing, but the town is doing awesome so far this game; it's only day 3, and we already have 3 dead scum. I realize it probably sounds like a weird tell, but I do find that people who are winning at any given point of a game tend to be more cheerful and excited by the game, while people who are losing tend to post less and have a harder time getting motivated. Anyway, this is just a side point here; the main reasons I think you are scum are the ones I explained above.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

@ Fate

If Staeg was scum, wouldn't he have been hammered right now?

Is Porochaz scum not wanting to hammer a townie?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

hey guys, amrun is scum.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 805, DrippingGoofball wrote:

Please explain this. I don't understand why he would be more likely to be hammered as scum when compared to town here?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Oh good something meaty to get into, although you caught me the wrong side of work.

What I would say though is Katsuki's meta is to try and get into fates pants as much as possible.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Post by kuribo »

Two things real quick:

1) why the fuck is Staeg still alive? even at L-1, he's making no effort to scumhunt, which indicates that he's "scum caught for the wrong reasons."

2) since when does Amrun do this "reaction-fishing" bullshit she's been trying to pull all game?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 809, kuribo wrote:Two things real quick:

1) why the fuck is Staeg still alive? even at L-1, he's making no effort to scumhunt, which indicates that he's "scum caught for the wrong reasons."

2) since when does Amrun do this "reaction-fishing" bullshit she's been trying to pull all game?

:roll:
sa vrede?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Post by Tierce »

If you're town, I'll haunt your dreams for this.

VOTE: Staeg

G'night.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Post by Tierce »

Also, Staeg, this is the second time I've seen you replace into a game and not even put in the effort. Do us all a favor and consider your agenda/priorities/interest before replacing into games.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 809, kuribo wrote:2) since when does Amrun do this "reaction-fishing" bullshit she's been trying to pull all game?

All the time. It's a basic staple of the way I play.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 812, Tierce wrote:Also, Staeg, this is the second time I've seen you replace into a game and not even put in the effort. Do us all a favor and consider your agenda/priorities/interest before replacing into games.

I did put in effort. But I can't get any hold of this game whatsoever. I'm really sorry for it, but replacing out would be even more of a kick in the balls for the replacement.

(btw, what do you mean with me not putting effort in mafia,txt? I kinda did catch most of the scumteam before getting convinced out of it)
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 am

Post by Staeg »

And before anyone goes about tooting "oh you're hammered why the hell are you still saying useless junk": I'm on a phone. I'll get whatever I can done asap.
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 am

Post by Staeg »

Yos is town, DGB is town, and barring any godfather/holycrapthatplay shenanigans, this is the gospel.
UT, benmage and tierce are probably town.
TSQ is also probably town, but less than the other three.
I'm no good at reading matt or kondi, but I wouldn't hesitate about giving that slot death.
Amrun, Fate and shadoweh would be my top choices for lynching.
Kuribo's somewhere in there.
sa vrede?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 am

Post by kuribo »

ok real quick before night falls:

1) don't forget that it's supposed to be foggy tonight. Scum tomorrow will probably try and paint their townkills as unrevealed scum

2) on the off chance staeg is town, would it ha e fucking killed you to do that before you were hammered?

3) I'm still going to be digging up the past so I can poke and prod at hascow

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 am

Post by kuribo »

oh and if I die tonight, hascow's killer probably killed me, and is probably the obfuscator or whatever for one of the scum teams

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:47 am

Post by kuribo »

OH and either Fate or Amrun is a roleblocker who overplayed their hand

Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 817, kuribo wrote:ok real quick before night falls:

1) don't forget that it's supposed to be foggy tonight. Scum tomorrow will probably try and paint their townkills as unrevealed scum

2) on the off chance staeg is town, would it ha e fucking killed you to do that before you were hammered?

3) I'm still going to be digging up the past so I can poke and prod at hascow

2 - I was going to do that once I got to a computer for actual things to be typed up.
sa vrede?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 807, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 805, DrippingGoofball wrote:

Please explain this. I don't understand why he would be more likely to be hammered as scum when compared to town here?

I meant the opposite, sorry.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

Post by Glork »

Bad Mafia Puns

"...and you came to see if I had any knowledge of the whereabouts of mith. Even though you don't trust me."

"Lord Mith was nowhere to be found, and the chip... it wouldn't stop
ringing
... and I needed you, and you vanished without so much as a word. And there's been nothing since then. NOTHING. The chip has gone silent. Something in the back of my head told me to infiltrate your manor. I don't know what, or why. A Mafia player's intuition, perhaps."

"Call it gut."

Ether glared at Glork.

"Alright, alright. No more bad Mafia puns. Your
intuition
has served you well. I recently had an experience myself. I've begun to remember things. I remember that Keira belonged to the mysterious Mr. Grey, and I'm sure that Mr. Grey and mith are somehow linked. I know that after Thok's failed Glork-in-a-Can endeavor, the prototype glorking gun was developed. Somehow, it got out of my hands. Lost, or stolen. I don't know. But I'm certain that mith has it. So I'm going to go get it."

"Is that what this lynch mob is all about?"

"In a way. I'm seeking to attract his attention. When I first heard you whirring, I thought I had succeeded. I thought mith had sent you to do away with me. And to be completely and utterly frank, I'm not convinced that you're
not
here to do that."

"I know nothing of Lord Mith's whereabouts. We all moved on after his headquarters explo--" Ether clamped her mouth shut.

"WHAT?!?"

"You heard nothing."

Glork fought to keep from grinning. So mith's headquarters was gone. That was good. Except, he had to pin down where exactly mith was.

"Ether, if we're going to find mith, we're going to need to work together. I want my glorking gun back. You want... whatever it is you want. Answers. Closure. Something. I think we're going to have to set aside our differences if we're going to do this."

"Heh. Okay."

"Good. Now that that's settled, let's see how the guests are doing with their lynch."

With the type of uncommonly coincidental timing found only in poorly written stories, an uproar rose from the courtyard. Glork and Ether rushed out to see why. Everyone was gathered around the whiteboard, which had indicated that Staeg had been lynched. Indeed, Staeg's lifeless corpse was dangling from the tree. Glork spotted Keira and frowned. The android's head was pinned at an odd angle, and she was lurching back and forth. The android was clearly malfunctioning. This was a terrible thing to happen at a time like this.

Wait, no. This was wonderful. Keira's malfunctioning protocol had finally come into play. She was a properly functional android of Mr. Grey.

"Everyone, quiet down. Staeg was as he claimed. Now go to bed. I have work to do!"

The crowd grumbled at another day without pomp or circumstance, but soon dispersed. For a thick, dense fog had begun to roll in, and nobody wanted to be caught out alone that night.

Glork and Ether retrieved the android and made for Glork's workshop. In the foggy night, several figures once again set out to retrieve the lynchee.

Staeg (Stephen Fry, Organic, Town Villager) -- Lynched Day Three

It is now Night Three. Night actions are due by Saturday, April 7, at 11am EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Night Three - Foggy

Day Four - Sunny

Night Four - Snowy
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Glork »

Diary of an Android

Beep... beep... beep... beep...

SYSTEMS ONLINE.

VISUAL INPUT: NOMINAL.
AUDIO INPUT: NOMINAL.
HEAT INDEX: NOMINAL.

IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL: FUNCTIONAL.
COMBAT PROTOCOL: FUNCTIONAL.
LOGIC MATRIX: FUNCTIONAL.

PROTOCOL 74: ON STANDBY.

Bzzzzzzinnnng.

The time is 0620. I am in Gaspar's workshop. Gaspar and a cyborg female are standing on either side of me. Identification Protocol indicates that the female is named Ether, and is not hostile. Keira rifled through her memory banks. Ether was one of Mith's Minions. The cyborg had all but disappeared shortly after Mith did. Now she was going to look for Mith with Gaspar.

And with me.

Keira did not feel such human emotions as jealousy, but Gaspar's well-being was programmed to be one of Keira's top priorities. She would observe this Ether and ensure that the cyborg was not trying to double cross Gaspar.

"Glork, it looks like Keira's fully functional."

Glork.

UPDATING IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL. RENAME "GASPAR" TO "GLORK."

Better.

UPDATING IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL. RENAME "GLORK" TO "GASPAR."

"Indeed, that would appear to be the case. It took all night, but I think I did a pretty good job on her. Keira, it's nearly dawn. Let's go see who survived the night."

"Yes, Gaspar."

Gaspar is frowning. Keira once tried to call him Master. He had insisted that she call him by another name. Another name....

"It seem someone certanly made life easy for us. Look."

Two dead bodies lay crumpled at the base of the courtyard's maple tree. Identification Protocol indicates that they are kondi2424 and Yosarian2.

"They used the fog to cover their tracks well. And to steal the necklaces around their victims. No matter. Keira, round up the survivors. They have some lynching to do."

kondi2424 (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Three
Yosarian2 (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Three

It is now Day Four. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 21 at 7:00pm EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Four - Sunny

Night Four - Snowy

Day Five - Windy
Last edited by Glork on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

SHENANIGANS. I CALL SHENANIGANS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”