Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 321, Jdietz43 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Uberninja

Nice try at quicky ML Aco, but I still remember this game exists.

Actual comments coming soon: had to skip last page when I saw L-1 thrown down.

Interesting.

So the guy you had your vote on is a mislynch. I'm all ears as to how you determined that.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 322, Jdietz43 wrote:I didn't like the push on Ran, and I don't like how they backed off without question when he claimed. (if they're push on Ran was legitimate rather than attention grabbing, him claiming vig should have drawn scrutiny and follow up questions rather than a Scott Pilgrim .gif and unvoting)

Him claiming vig when I was sure town killed hiplop? That should have made me suspect him?

Are you an alt of kdowns?
Jdietz43
Jdietz43
Townie
Jdietz43
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Post by Jdietz43 »

In post 325, Acosmist wrote:
Interesting.

So the guy you had your vote on is a mislynch. I'm all ears as to how you determined that.

Reading is fun

In post 326, Acosmist wrote:
Him claiming vig when I was sure town killed hiplop? That should have made me suspect him?

Are you an alt of kdowns?

Yes, I am definitely whoever that is
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:26 am

Post by Yates »

In post 327, Jdietz43 wrote:Yes, I am definitely whoever that is

You do *not* want to be on the same bus as kdowns, if you know what I mean.

How do you arrive at Baseline being Town, though? He already claimed Survivor, which is obviously *not* Town. As the only claimed 3rd party in this game, doesn't he make sense as the Deleter since we know that we HAVE a Deleter? Not to coach or cheerlead here but I would *much* rather have only one kill tonight than two; wouldn't you agree?

Worst case scenario, Ran can always take care of Uber tonight *or* we lynch Uber tomorrow. Two bad guys dead vs. one good guy is a nice trade.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
House Lannister
House Lannister
Goon
House Lannister
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 am

Post by House Lannister »

In post 322, Jdietz43 wrote:I didn't like the push on Ran, and I don't like how they backed off without question when he claimed. (if they're push on Ran was legitimate rather than attention grabbing, him claiming vig should have drawn scrutiny and follow up questions rather than a Scott Pilgrim .gif and unvoting) tl;dr they've done a great job of looking pretty while not voting nearly anyone or taking any permanent sides.

We don't see anyone counterclaiming Ranmaru's vig claim. Unless Dr.Do's slot suddenly changes his claim from VT/Scientist to Vig all of a sudden, we have no reason to disbelief it.

Furthermore, either the flavor in this game is Crack Cocaine (no offense wierdalex), or Mini Games in Mafiascum are swingy timebombs. We don't see how a hypotherical 11 player game including a Vig, a Mafia Team, and a SK can be balanced. So we're leaning to take Baseline's survivor claim. It makes sense for a player who hasn't been actively contributing and wants a free-ride from town. Baseline was not at serious risk of being lynched on D1 when he decided to claim his role, so why bother going there?

Also, Jdietz is there any reason for which you think this game makes more sense with 3 Mafia and a Third Party? ~ Zar.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am

Post by Yates »

In post 329, House Lannister wrote:We don't see how a hypotherical 11 player game including a Vig, a Mafia Team, and a SK can be balanced. So we're leaning to take Baseline's survivor claim.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

We know we have mafia [obviously]. Mafia can make 1 kill.
We know we have a Deleter. Deleter *made* a kill.
We know there were two kills last night. Deleter and XXX [mafia/vig/whatever].
We know that Baseline claimed Survivor. Survivor is a 3rd party role.

I can't speculate as to the possibility of there being a vig or some other killing role in position XXX. What I *can* say with absolute certainty is that we *do* have a third party. Are you arguing that there are TWO third parties in this setup? That is the *only* way Baseline is Survivor and not Deleter.

Either that, or you are calling BS on Ran's claim. If you are calling BS on Ran's claim, why wouldn't you bring this up immediately and vote Ran? I am not following your logic AT ALL.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:52 am

Post by Yates »

In fact, you unvoted Ran immediately after his claim, which suggests you BELIEVE Ran.
In post 310, House Lannister wrote:
In post 292, Ranmaru wrote:I shot hiplop. So die in a fire house lannister.

UNVOTE RANMARU

~Sophie

You guys are seriously giving me headaches with your logic.
Please pm me to pre-in
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 am

Post by UberNinja »

FYI guys, I am replacing out. I have simply had enough of this game (or more accurately, the people in it).

I PM'd the mod about 12 hours ago but haven't gotten a reply, so I figure I'll post it here too if he checks here first.
House Lannister
House Lannister
Goon
House Lannister
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 am

In post 330, Yates wrote:
Either that, or you are calling BS on Ran's claim. If you are calling BS on Ran's claim, why wouldn't you bring this up immediately and vote Ran? I am not following your logic AT ALL.

In post 329, House Lannister wrote:We don't see how a hypotherical 11 player game including a Vig, a Mafia Team, and a SK can be balanced. So we're leaning to take Baseline's survivor claim.

Blindly assuming Julys death is the result of a SK-called-Deleter is where our problem lies. So, we're not calling Ranmaru's claim BS, we're saying three killing parties (SK/Vig/Mafia) make no sense to us in an 11 player game. As in, what happens if Baseline really is survivor AND Ranmaru really is the Vig? Why are we concluding July wasn't killed by Mafia, merely by a flavor scene? ~Zar
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:25 am

Post by Acosmist »

kdowns is everyone.
House Lannister
House Lannister
Goon
House Lannister
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 am

It's a lot of Mod WIFOM, it's only we're still somewhat skeptical of this game being breakable by clues left in flavor scenes. ~Zar.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:05 am

Post by Yates »

Please pm me to pre-in
Jdietz43
Jdietz43
Townie
Jdietz43
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Jdietz43 »

Well I was assuming this was a 13 man game for some reason since it's what I'm most familiar with (counting: what is that?). I'm also not assuming survivor would be a fully indy anti-town role. The survivor I'm familiar with counts as town, but merely doesn't want death as an added restriction.

From my perspective we were in Mylo with 3 mafia and an SK/Survivor and no confirmed vig, therefore I was hoping to lynch a sure bet.

Since this is an 11 man game with Ran as un'ccd vig we have more leeway, and I'd be a bit more willing to see what Baseline flips. Assuming only 3 scum total with or without SK rather than 4.

Vote: Baseline

(see: it's good to freak out every once in awhile and see what info you get)
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by wierdalexv »

Snifit can replace in, but I see Uberninja decided to cancel that out. Oh yeah, and Baseline hasn't posted in nearly a week.

Hooray. More replacements. That's going to be
fun
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by wierdalexv »

"M-- --mp--tr-'s -ro--en, gu--ys. Yo- can'- t-l- wha- I-m sa-i-ng-, s- I can sa- w-ate-er I wa-t!-!!!!!-!!!! S- go di- i- a fi-re!!!!!!!!--!!!!!!!"

Snifit replaces DrDolittle.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

@HL: No not really. I have only been scum once on this site and haven't really had to deal with SK's. I didn't know they were nk immune either.

Ah. I still don't like that request for other pr's not to touch him tho, it still shows that he might have known he'd live through the night to craft some crappy 'soft claim'. I didn't touch him at all because I felt he was baiting for people to get on him, and plus hiplop was my strongest pick.

I don't actually think he is a troll. To me, he seems like a dick, but also seems like he is just trying to use insults to attack a player when he can't attack with accusations. For example, all of D1 he was on me HARD with a town read for no reason. Is this trollish behavior? Carrying on, when I am against his lynch picks or give suspicion of him, he would insult me as a player instead of actually attacking me as a suspect. Then he starts suspecting me when the lynch happened. So I feel this was more than just trollish behavior. I also feel the same way with his misplaced questions, and YOU even noticed that he was refusing to answer even your questions to the full extent that you were asking it. He was saying that his posting restriction didn't allow him to do so. So I don't see why you are just excusing it as him being a troll. Him being a dick? Yes.

I often forget who does what if they don't really say much. Like I have had to ask you about Uber to get you to speak up about him. Sure you say I have fluffed up the thread, but I feel you could have been more of an active presence in this game. You say you won't use meta, then I don't see why you would use self meta when I ask you to post more.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Alright. Deadline is soon. Let's get on Baseline then.

Vote: Baseline
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 333, House Lannister wrote:

Blindly assuming Julys death is the result of a SK-called-Deleter is where our problem lies. So, we're not calling Ranmaru's claim BS, we're saying three killing parties (SK/Vig/Mafia) make no sense to us in an 11 player game. As in, what happens if Baseline really is survivor AND Ranmaru really is the Vig? Why are we concluding July wasn't killed by Mafia, merely by a flavor scene? ~Zar

Well. If this were true, that there isn't an SK, then I would most likely....... Have to suspect Yates over you. Because then he would be trying to Save Uber, and get rid of the Sk at the same time (if the really thought there was one).... but Aco! Ugh. This is confusing.

I dunno. I just still don't like that Acosmist even talked about the person killing hiplop being town.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Acosmist. I want you to tell me what the town intent was for you to say that the person who shot Hiplop was town in your eyes. (This is a paraphrase)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I'll be studying for a test so bbl
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:43 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Votecount 2.6

[5] Baseline ~ DrDolittle, Yates, Acosmist, Jdietz43, Baseline [L-0]

[1] DrDolittle ~ Uberninja [L-4]
[0] Uberninja [L-5]
[0] Yates [L-5]
[0] Ranmaru [L-5]
[0] Acosmist [L-5]
[0] Jdietz43 [L-5]
[0] House Lannister [L-5]
[2] Not Voting ~ Baseline, House Lannister

I'm pretty sure that's a lynch on Baseline. Let me double-check...

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Yep, it is. Scene in a second.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Whoops. I didn't mean deadline is soon

HAMMAH

lol.

Um. Ok sorry Dr. Doo's replacement.

Everyone use your best judgement for Tonite, and I'll do the same.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 am

Post by wierdalexv »

It was an ordinary day on the BOTTLE Ship. Promises falsely made. Alliances broken. Dead people. Billions of replacements.
"You're a metroid."
"Do I have no legs, no face, jelly for a body and creepy pincers? Do YOU have eyes, or should we execute you instead?"
'Death, death, death. That's all they talked about. It must be great to have someone on you're side.' Baseline thought.
"Why don't we kill Baseline?" somebody asked out of the blue. "He hasn't done much talking."
"NOBODY'S done any talking!" complained Uberninja. "I hate the silence. Therefore, I'm going to give you the silent treatment."
"I DON'T WANNA DIE!" screams Baseline in Uberninja's ear. Uberninja just sits there. "What are you doing?"
"You missed his temper tantrum."
"His what?"
Just then Uberninja came over.
"Hey, are you less, uh, angry now, Uber?" Ran asks in a cautious voice.
"NO!" he sceams, "I'M GOING TO GO POUT IN THE CORNER!"
Everyone turns back to Baseline.
"Sorry what were you saying?"
"I don't wanna die."
"O....K....what does that have to do with anything?"
"If-if you kill me, I'll-I'll kill myself!"

*Meanwhile, somewhere in Westeros...*

"My name is 'sword_of_omens, not Eddard Stark! And I don't even know what treason is! Don't kill me! I didn't do anythi--"

*Now at the Galactic Federation HQ, at the Colonel's office...*

"Really, Baseline? 'I dont wanna die'? I distinctly said, 'If you get captured, show a little parkour.'"

*And now back to our feature presentation...*

Baseline DID remember the Colonel's words on parkour. So he decided to change things up a little.
"Hey, Ranmaru, do me a favor and stand over there. Yep, right there. No, a little to the left...Now everybody, make a circle around me, and raise your guns."
The men were confused, but they did as he asked.
"Alright, time for some parkour."
He pulled out a power bomb.
"Yes, I'm the traitor! I killed July last night, but you'll all go up in smoke if you execute me! I'm going to back up toward the door. You shoot, I drop, we all die. So do it, I dare you. Any questions?"
Uberninja raised his hand. "Can I come with you?"
Ranmaru saw his chance. He set his gun to 'freeze' and fired, just as Baseline told Uberninja, "Sorry, you must be at least three years old to copilot a ship."
Baseline's body froze before he had a chance to drop the bomb.

Baseline,
James Pierce/Odd-Night Killing Ninja Serial Killer
, frozen Day 2!

"Nice going. I see we found the traitor. But there's still Metroids on the loose..."

Okay, so it's still an Uberninja roast. Do something about it.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:11 am

Post by wierdalexv »

"I'M TOO ANGRY TO PLAY THIS DUMB GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
What wonderful words of wisdom.

Platinum Shadow replaces Uberninja. Give him a warm welcome once you can post again.

Also, night dealine is in (expired on 2012-04-08 09:11:35).
Last edited by wierdalexv on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”