NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

It just seems like a none issue right now. As I said, night should sort it out.

Lets seee... I really need to re-read this game and redo my reads with deeper commentary (seems to be a trend this game. I like that.) That said, I'm feeling lazy as its friday. I got rugby tomorrow, I'm shooting for the reread on Sunday.

yawn*bored.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

So I have a couple of suspicions but I'm going to take them one at a time. Also there are several people I am waiting to post more before giving an entire overview of this game. (such as the infamous rack).

Spoiler:
In post 119, Kublai Khan wrote:Pine... You know better. There is scum motivation in avoiding posting content until you see where other players stand on issues. scooby is deserving of the pressure that The Mini-Librarian is trying to exert.

In post 123, Kublai Khan wrote:@Pine -
What should The Mini-Librarian do? Threaten him with the comfy chair? The pillow with all the stuffing pushed into the corner?

Hyperbole isn't a new thing in mafia, so I'm confused as to why you're acting so unfamiliar with it.

Whatever you think, scooby definitely ain't deserving of the defense you're volunteering.

In post 279, Kublai Khan wrote:
The biggest thing of note is that The Mini-Librarian is the only person to call for scooby's death. And he did so 5 pages into the game. I backed up The Mini-Librarian because prodding someone for content is a perfectly valid scum-hunting technique. Pine, scooby, and now you have all accused "people" of trying to lynch scooby for merely making a confirmation post. There's a lot of misrepping going on.

I understand that you disagree with the naysayers about TML's premature call on scooby scum, but the extent you are going to defend someone of what should be unknown alignment is a bit much for me. TML is perfectly capable of answering for himself, and I am unsure why you feel it necessary to be in this argument.

And @Firestarter - WTF? For someone who dissected the game as such as your game notes show, how are you so obvlious to the situation you've called me on? Here's the play-by-play:

93 - scooby confirms
96&99 - Khan posts (no mention of scooby)
106 - The Mini-Librarian: "I also would like scooby to die."
107 - Pine: That seems unreasonable.
108 - Candy Corn Vampire: "wow tml."
109 - The Mini-Librarian: How could he ignore content?
113 - Candy Corn Vampire thinks The Mini-Librarian is over-selling reads
114 - Pine agrees
117 - The Mini-Librarian sees scum motivation in scooby's actions.
118 - Pine disagrees, vehemently even.
119 - Kublai Khan: "There is scum motivation in avoiding posting content until you see where other players stand on issues. scooby is deserving of the pressure that The Mini-Librarian is trying to exert."
121 - Pine: "he's deserving of pressure. Not of "NEEDS TO DIE NOW"."
123 - Kublai Khan: "Whatever you think, scooby definitely ain't deserving of the defense you're volunteering."
125 - The Mini-Librarian: "What other means of pressure do I have besides calling for his death? Would you have liked it better if I said something more of the lines of "scooby is scum" or "scooby needs to explain himself"?"

WHOLE THING GETS DROPPED. UNTIL -

176 - scooby: "I am town btw

Fuck these idtiots that think that posting a lot means you are town

Ill post after fucking my GF"

(Note: scooby has officially been fucking his GF for 1 day, 4 hours, and 5 minutes straight as of this post! Way to go! Hope you're using lube and definitely consult a doctor afterwards!)

186 - Kublai Khan: You still having posted content despite the fact that you're obviously reading the game enough to skim for your name.
211 - Maxous calls out Pine for defending scooby
217 - Pine responds, massively over-stating the danger that scooby was in.

I don't know if this is due to my headache or not, but I looked at his post over and over again to see what he exactly called you out on. He said that he agreed with pine, but he has you under a town read for thinking like him otherwise. Can you tell me what you mean?
The problem I have with the post though still stands. The original play by play was obviously extraneous, so what does that make your correction? To me it feels like you were undermining him rather than correcting him.

I could get behind a Firestarter wagon. His analysis is a mess. Though drmyshotgun, rack, and Nero Cain need some serious ropage as well.

If anything, you would call Firestarter a shameless sheeper rather than messy with his analysis. I believe all of his scum reads were recycled from other parts of the thread. Such as the nero cain part from you, the drmyshotgun from Ninja, and the rack part from me.
Can you explain exactly what you meant by your statement then?

In post 321, Kublai Khan wrote:
unvote: Firestarter

Vote: rack

Changed my mind. Firestarter isn't going anywhere and likely doesn't need pressure to answer questions.

I have no problem with the rack vote, but instead your reasoning for jumping off. You hadn't even attempted to question him on his reads, or make points on him other than a vote. So what makes you think he doesn't need pressure? Or could you articulate your change of mind of better? I have some idea why, but I'd like to hear it from you.

Other reasons I have picked you out first is your attack on nero and a little bit of what I accused rack of. In post 186 you say you know nero is scum. However you haven't pursued this in 6 pages. I also hardly see how it's scummy to not have proof when it comes to policy lynching. Nero obviously is a bit of a less rational player so his reactions were a bit odd, but I see no need to pursue what had been already verified by several sources. The other part is picking a lot of targets with weak accusations, looking for the worst reaction. It doesn't have to be a scum strategy, but it's one I like to do as scum, so I recognize when other people are doing it.

VOTE: Kublai Khan

Mastin's reasoning had no effect in this vote. Words fail me when I am looking at his posts.
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Don't spoiler a case like that next time.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 339, Pine wrote:With...?

that his claim makes him newb town
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by scooby »

Lol how the fuck do people have a town read on me with two posts?
Vote pine

Why did you defend me?
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

I don't like quote walls, thus I spoilered it.
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by redFF »

vote:firestarter

rack is bad town. Rack, i strongly suggest you declare your heads at this stage if you want to live.

Drmy is p much confirmed town.

Don't really know about the kk votes, gonna have to read him more closely.

here's your counterwagon NN.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

redFF I suggest you stop the rack hydra request. Its annoying and a broken record now.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by redFF »

nah I'll do what I want.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 354, scooby wrote:Lol how the fuck do people have a town read on me with two posts?
Vote pine

Why did you defend me?

I don't have a Town read on you. I don't have
any
read on you, come to think of it. As I've already stated, had you been reading, it's a major pet peeve of mine when people get attacked in the early game for saying something like "I'm here, haven't caught up yet." It's happened to me before. Hell, once as a Town PR I was lynched Day One within a couple of real days, just for being a bit busy and not caught up. True story, though I really don't feel like hunting down the link.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

@Scooby - then do you expect people to get scum-reads off you or null reads? Why?
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 358, redFF wrote:nah I'll do what I want.

This is a scummy game stalling Red Herring that you keep insisting on. This post does nothing but flood the thread a tad bit more with shit.
FoS redFF, new #2 suspect.
#freeShotty
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

15 pages in and there's a person called Praetyre in this game who's sole post was:
In post 23, Praetyre wrote:/confirm
My GTKAS!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Good IIoA. :Goodposting:
#freeShotty
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@drmyshotgun -
Why would you
You know what? Nevermind. I'm just going to ignore you until you're dead. You're the second worst mafia player I've ever seen. Please confine yourself to the newbie queue from now on until you know what the fuck you're doing. (Hint: Don't roleclaim for no fucking reason).

Candy Corn Vampire, Post 351 wrote:I understand that you disagree with the naysayers about TML's premature call on scooby scum, but the extent you are going to defend someone of what should be unknown alignment is a bit much for me. TML is perfectly capable of answering for himself, and I am unsure why you feel it necessary to be in this argument.

The extent? Two posts as back & forth posts banter done within the span of.. less than an hour. Then two tangently-related posts later on where I call out people for misrepping me. [sarcasm]Yeah, I've totally got The Mini-Librarian's back in this game[/sarcasm]

Why am I not allowed to call out Pine on what I consider strange (possibly scummy) behavior? Would you prefer I stay silent and not answer anything until directly addresses?

Candy Cane Vampire wrote:I don't know if this is due to my headache or not, but I looked at his post over and over again to see what he exactly called you out on. He said that he agreed with pine, but he has you under a town read for thinking like him otherwise. Can you tell me what you mean?
The problem I have with the post though still stands. The original play by play was obviously extraneous, so what does that make your correction? To me it feels like you were undermining him rather than correcting him.

My main problem with Firestarter is that his read on the situation is completely wrong. For as carefully as he's claiming he's read the game, he's exhibiting very poor reading comprehension. I don't care that he has me under a town read, my problem is that he's implying that I'm being hypocritical and inconsistent in my views ("Where was the pressure on me?") when I'm not. The play-by-play was to clearly explain that I am not being in the least bit inconsistent and my "stance" on scooby is nothing like what he preported it to be.

Candy Corn Vampire wrote:If anything, you would call Firestarter a shameless sheeper rather than messy with his analysis. I believe all of his scum reads were recycled from other parts of the thread. Such as the nero cain part from you, the drmyshotgun from Ninja, and the rack part from me.
Can you explain exactly what you meant by your statement then?

It's a mess. It's no good. It's not accurate. It's inept. It bears the resemblance of someone putting effort in, but it's really poorly done and rather self-conciously trying to push forth an agenda. I don't really know how to answer your question as I think you're just trying to create busywork for me.

Candy Corn Vampire wrote:I have no problem with the rack vote, but instead your reasoning for jumping off. You hadn't even attempted to question him on his reads, or make points on him other than a vote. So what makes you think he doesn't need pressure? Or could you articulate your change of mind of better? I have some idea why, but I'd like to hear it from you.

Because I've played with Firestarter in the past. He's not a spammer. He posts about once a day (or sometimes less) in a deliberate fashion. I've registered my discontent with his content and he'll address it later. Thus I am freed to pursue a pressure wagon on rack.

Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Other reasons I have picked you out first is your attack on nero and a little bit of what I accused rack of. In post 186 you say you know nero is scum. However you haven't pursued this in 6 pages. I also hardly see how it's scummy to not have proof when it comes to policy lynching. Nero obviously is a bit of a less rational player so his reactions were a bit odd, but I see no need to pursue what had been already verified by several sources. The other part is picking a lot of targets with weak accusations, looking for the worst reaction. It doesn't have to be a scum strategy, but it's one I like to do as scum, so I recognize when other people are doing it.

Nero Cain is on my back-burner. His early behavior in this game is freaky-odd and I'm undecided on how to fully classify him. Nero Cain-scum could have easily just pointed to a game he was in with drmyshottyizsik and squashed the argument. Instead he's ignored it which makes him look scummy as hell, but he's not so dumb as to do something like that. So.. he's under observation for now.

The rest of the stuff is interesting. Shows that you're insightful, but it's ultimately wrong. I often reaction-hunt as town in the early parts of games. You're not going to get any traction with it. Instead you should join the rack-wagon.

@redFF - How the hell do you have a town-read on rack?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Hey, that got me a confirmed Town status.
I'm happy with that and shall aid the Town in lynching any Top suspects they want to lynch until my imminent death.
My GTKAS!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

KK answer my question please.

And I disagree about shotgun. His play has been interesting.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Interesting how? Do foxes smell something Gyarados doesn't?
My GTKAS!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Interesting as in:

Different in a not necessarily bad way.

And yes we do.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 297, DeasVail wrote:Kublai: Why did you feel the need to say you were taking Candy off your scumlist? Why was he there in the first place?

Sorry, don't know how I missed this.

Post 37 was a shit-stirring post.

In post 366, DeasVail wrote:And I disagree about shotgun. His play has been interesting.

Not that interesting. I've seen plenty of idiots who think that avoiding lynching is a worthwhile activity to do as town. It's bad short-sighted play.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by DeasVail »

You only answered one of the questions.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 370, DeasVail wrote:You only answered one of the questions.

No real reason, just being open with my reads. Why were those questions so important to you?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Khan, you've basically lost your edge over me.
You know what? Nevermind. I'm just going to ignore you until you're dead. You're the second worst mafia player I've ever seen. Please confine yourself to the newbie queue from now on until you know what the fuck you're doing. (Hint: Don't roleclaim for no fucking reason).

[sarcasm]Yeah, I've totally got The Mini-Librarian's back in this game[/sarcasm]
This just lost you any allies you had left. :P When I stop slacking off, I'll elaborate if needed, but I think everyone can see for themselves why this was a scumclaim from Khan.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 371, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 370, DeasVail wrote:You only answered one of the questions.

No real reason, just being open with my reads. Why were those questions so important to you?

I thought your comment about Candy moving off your scumlist was less likely an attempt to help the town and more likely an attempt to look like you were town and scumhunting.

Mastin2:
I can't see it. Show me?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Among others?

Shift in tone.

It's one of the few dead giveaways Khan has as scum. See 742, preclaim (smug) and postclaim (panicked) for just one example. Memory's a bit fuzzy, but I think NY 142 had a change in tone as well.

The mockery within is poorly disguised.

Basically, Khan puts up a good act--but when you introduce an element of chaos (like, say, drmy. Or me, when I was a VI; that mighta been the real reason I had an edge over him :P), he can't react in a convincing manner. His act falls apart, since he doesn't know how to deal with the situation.

...Not the best description, but I think you get the idea. There's more to it, of course, and I'm forgetting another two or three points in regards to the shift in tone alone (not to mention the things not regarding tone), but it's enough to give you an idea for now.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”