NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

and shut up vijay :)
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 394, vijay2vasandani wrote:

P.edit: lol Jason says the case is amazeballs.

No, I didn't I said its nice to see someone going off and making cases on others who are not the main wagon. I never once said the case is amazing. Nice misrep there.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:50 am

Post by redFF »

hey look another useless lurker votes rack with a contentless post!
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 am

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

is that directed at me red? would you like me to explain more in depth?
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 399, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 396, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 395, Nero Cain wrote:@LLD-is the earth round?

Refrain from asking pointless questions, and adding more fluff to an already swamped game.

Do you have anything real to add? Are you still in favor of the Shotty PL?

answer the damn question!!!

You need to be vigged, so fast.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:54 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In posts that take up my whole screen. X.X I phonepost so it's almost imppssible to deal with walls of any kind. But oh well. CCV those interaction suspicion things please. And explain what Jason saying it is good means, if anything.
coming back after a 3 year break.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:00 am

Post by redFF »

In post 403, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:is that directed at me red? would you like me to explain more in depth?

yeah sure, why is rack scum, you keep claiming you "wrote the book on rack scum" and started the wagon...
In post 97, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:
In post 89, rack wrote:NN: Why push others for answers when you could just as easily research yourself? Why are you trying to make others do your work for you?

LLD: You're being oddly passive. Why?

mastin: Why choose now to re-invent yourself?

Nero: Move on. Choose a different bone to pick.

Noodle strategy, esp boring noodle strategy. These questions don't really need answers and more amount to him trying to think of things to say rather that saying things he thinks needed to be said. Rack, are you an alt? and alt of who?

is that the post you think "wrote the book on rack scum"? If not, can you quote it for me.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:03 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 405, vijay2vasandani wrote: And explain what Jason saying it is good means, if anything.

Sure, sheeping with everyone else, hopping on a wagon without reasoning = not good

going off looking at others while a wagon is building on someone else, giving the town more to work with - town/good posting.

What part is hard to see?

Also, I still want you to tell me exactly where I said the case was amazeballs. I said it was good to see people looking elsewhere and do their own work on who is/could be scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 404, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Refrain from asking pointless questions, and adding more fluff to an already swamped game.

this is exactly my point. Its pretty common knowledge that the earth is round (or elliptical <3 vijay) but you don't want to answer the question or provide a comprehensive case as to the shape of the world. Just like its fairly common knowledge that shotty is a vi. I think the whole "NERO DIDN'T EXPLAIN WHY SHOTTY IS A VI!!!!" is a hella horrible case. And I'm pretty atleast one of you (KK) if not both of you are scum. You might say that my question wasn't game related and yours was (though I think NN actually asked).
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

and sure. I'm always up for a shotty pl. both of them. :)

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 am

In post 408, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 404, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

this is exactly my point. Its pretty common knowledge that the earth is round (or elliptical <3 vijay) but you don't want to answer the question or provide a comprehensive case as to the shape of the world. Just like its fairly common knowledge that shotty is a vi. I think the whole "NERO DIDN'T EXPLAIN WHY SHOTTY IS A VI!!!!" is a hella horrible case. And I'm pretty atleast one of you (KK) if not both of you are scum. You might say that my question wasn't game related and yours was (though I think NN actually asked).

What the actual fuck are you even talking about?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I didn't want to explain something thats common knowledge

you didn't want to explain something thats common knowledge.

vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Ah I see where this went off it's hinges. I read your post as "CCV's case is good" instead of "CCV making a case on somebody else is good". My bad. Although mastin was already on KK.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:17 am

In post 411, Nero Cain wrote:I didn't want to explain something thats common knowledge

you didn't want to explain something thats common knowledge.

Except it isn't common knowledge. I don't think Shotty deserves to be PL'd. NN didn't know at all.

And you were asked to provide evidence, and you failed to comply.

You dodged the questions.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:20 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 324, Psyche wrote:I'm not in my groove. -_- Positive affect and all.But tell me about it. What's irking you?

It's the laid back, take-it-as-it-comes nature of your play. I don't think it helps town at all. Even if you think your reasons are obvious for voting someone, explaining why you voted for someone (even if it's just briefly) can convince others to jump on with you and apply more pressure.

--

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3970092]
Mini-lib:
Why does drmy (drmyshotgun) need to be vigged?[/quote]

Well. To put it frankly I said this because he's shown himself to be absolutely anti-town in the way he approaches this game. The only reason why I don't want to vig him now (postclaim) is because scum will (probably) handle that job later. Until then I'm going to basically ignore his posts.

--

Kahn wagon is bad.

drmyshottyizsik is town.

Nero is being dense... can't determine alignment though. :/
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 am

Post by redFF »

hey lets lynch firestarter.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you do know that NN knew exactly why a Shotty pl was being talked about so he knew and I'm guessing most of the players IN THIS GAME also knew making your "it isn't common knowledge" a bunch of bullshit.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:23 am

In post 416, Nero Cain wrote:you do know that NN knew exactly why a Shotty pl was being talked about so he knew and I'm guessing most of the players IN THIS GAME also knew making your "it isn't common knowledge" a bunch of bullshit.

You were asked to provide evidence.

You failed to do so.

That is all that matters.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:firestarter

Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:29 am

@Redff
"wrote the book" was hyperbole. I meant that I called him scummy early on. I didn't mean it in a boastful way -_-

That post is one reason, but his following posts aren't redeeming.

shit posting, such as his meaningless response in the next post.
In post 100, rack wrote:KK: Nero is currently null-leaning-scum.

CCV: Please. We're just getting started. And we're a hydra, which you obviously missed in the signup thread. Please pay more attention in the future.

LLD: no u

The catchphrasing is a bad reaction to someone that accuses you. and If he's really getting started, then where is his actual content then?

Avoiding his accusations,
In post 227, rack wrote:This post, and all posts up until now, are me, Head A.

Head B is supposed to be coming along soon to extract us from the shitstorm I've managed to cause.

And no, we aren't revealing our heads, so get over it.

Needing the second to defend you is bad, but the whole "oh I screwed up" part isn't how town members should react to getting attacked either. Town members should want to communicate with others, not blame it all on being a bad player.

fabricated reads.
In post 377, rack wrote:Head A (again--Head B seems to not be responding).

Khan is completely scummy for his dismissal and reaction on the last page. Even Mastin saw it.

Mastin, speaking of which, is solid town now. I'm very familiar with his town game, and this is getting much closer to that.

Some other people I will keep my eye on are:

drmyshotgun
vijay
Mini-Lib
and of course, LLD.

Kinda busy right now, sorry. Will try my best to post more soon.

VOTE: Kublai Kahn

No content here, and the voting khan because at the time it had more votes than anyone else. Lack of explaination on the reads, and bothers to post but then excuses himself from content. I don't like the buddying of mastin either. He obviously knows several people here but refuses to claim who he is. I don't like meta reasoning, but really how do we know whether or not he's credible or not. Either way, he's looking for friends.

and my posts aren't contentless, you just disagree with the content.
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:30 am

Post by redFF »

So you didn't write the book or really provide any reasoning until I pressured you to. Would you say that's more accurate?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Pine »

In post 397, vijay2vasandani wrote:

Objection. The earth is in fact elliptical.

In seriousness, LLD dotpoint why Rack is scum please. Thank you.

An ellipse is a two-dimensional shape. Earth is a three-dimensional object, which makes it officially designated as an oblate spheroid. Thanks for playing the earth science game!

I'll catch up some time this evening.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:38 am

you wanted me to so I gave it to you. I feel most of the latter stuff has been said in some form in the rest of the thread, so I found it unnecessary to provide it.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 am

Post by redFF »

You took credit for a wagon you did nothing for, noted and fos. Thanks for the repetitive, shitty reasoning we've seen a bunch of times already though.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 am

no i didn't, Why does it matter anyways?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”