he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

Hey, Om! Everyone else is a stranger.

vote Om

Happy scumday, Modguy. Unless the cake is a lie.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

That suggests, per availability heuristic, that you'll be the one players have the most thoughts (and thus strongest opinions) about, then.

Or so I hypothesize.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 14, Kamikrazy wrote:
In post 13, Om of the Nom wrote:Hi Kamikrazy, why are you not posting in the thread? I've noticed you browsing the forum a couple of times already.

I've been busy playing some Dota 2 my good sir.

Vote: 2birds1stone
Move out of RVS and lynch scum, let's kill 2 birds with one stone!

That pun is sooo overdone.

But a good slogan. /
vote 2birds
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 17, 2birds1stone wrote:
Vote: Om of the Nom

Last game, I was scum with him, he knows my scumplay.

This means that scum-me would never vote him, it'd be very scummy of me to do so.

Woo, I'm conftown.

I think Om of the Nom is playing to his town meta.

Unvote: Om of the Nom

Awesome, that's two conftowns one page in.

Vote: Psyche
, for sheeping a wagon on conftown.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Psyche »

Pseudointellective earlygame banter doesn't need to extend into spam wars, guys.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Psyche »

unvote; vote Chrimi

What a bland and careful entrance. You have 2 pages of — I can't honestly call it content — and nothing to say about it! Fie, Chrimi. Fie.

(I wonder what Fie means...)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Psyche »

Now three pages. Stop fluffposting and lead us to scum.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Psyche »

See, we already have an evaluative judgment about the thread. Why aren't you acting by it? Doesn't the fluff nonetheless contain (or imply) information about our thoughts, interests, and beliefs that are sufficient for judgment? And what makes you think they are fluff? Is the presence of fluffposting created by oer players a sufficent reason to fluffpost, yourself?

(/interrogative troll)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

I give up.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

You just proved your scumhood and the wagons will shift accordingly. Now that we've hit the bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

Ooh, this guy has theoretical background.

The three pages complete write now will only serve as fodder for pareidolia - the biased perception of vague and trivial stimuli as significant — that will lead to further pareidolia, and maybe something more later on.

Om's a really nice guy, but your buddying (+1, Psyche!) seems less harmless. So far, you give off slightly more scummy vibes. But I don't think buddying is a valid scumtell anyhow (everyone, not just scum, seeks political capital in this game, and often unconsciously), so I'm probably just rationalizing an emotional uneasiness with your posts, which may or may not be a valid source of knowledge.

Blah, blah.

tl;dr: I got nothing, but I'ma make somethin'.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 62, 2birds1stone wrote:I hate to go all greentext on this game, but

>You think buddying gives off scummy vibes
>You don't think it's a scumtell

Pick one.

Okay, I admit, they're not quite mutually exclusive, but you've gotta admit, it does look strange when written like that.

I think the word 'buddying' is misused a lot, but maybe I'm the one misusing it. Anyway, I've always considered 'buddying' to be 'making someone look like your buddy'. 'Acting friendly towards someone' is not 'buddying', under this definition. I actually don't see how acting friendly towards people helps scum, the majority of the town is always going to be looking at the game from a fairly logical perspective. Long time IRL friends in the same game still attack each other.

This is gonna be one of those games where all the hyperactive posters make the regular posters look like lurkers, isn't it? Does this mean we should disregard lurker lynching?

After that question is answered, we should probably cut the theory discussion and get to
lynching Om of the Nom
hunting scum.

We generally agree on buddying, except I was using a different definition (Om's definition). I do think friendliness is an implied factor used to judge scumhood. But I'll need to perform so analysis on that someday to test that hypothesis, it seems.

In either case, not particularly scummy.

In post 63, Staeg wrote:
In post 61, Psyche wrote:Ooh, this guy has theoretical background.

The three pages complete write now will only serve as fodder for pareidolia - the biased perception of vague and trivial stimuli as significant — that will lead to further pareidolia, and maybe something more later on.

Om's a really nice guy, but your buddying (+1, Psyche!) seems less harmless. So far, you give off slightly more scummy vibes. But I don't think buddying is a valid scumtell anyhow (everyone, not just scum, seeks political capital in this game, and often unconsciously), so I'm probably just rationalizing an emotional uneasiness with your posts, which may or may not be a valid source of knowledge.

Blah, blah.

Why did both chrimi and psyche (re)enter the thread without saying anything that has something to do with anything? There was a fair bit of stuff to comment on.

You're right, but Chrimi was here, so I commented on that. Problem?

In post 69, Chrimi wrote:
In post 41, Om of the Nom wrote:Okay, things of note so far relating to 2b1s:

I would be voting 2b1s right now, but a quick count of votes reveals he's at L-1 already.
2b1s has also voted 4 times throughout 2 pages.

During RVS.

2b1s is pushing a case on me based on something that can be read in multiple ways.
2b1s is being highly hypocritical.

You keep forgetting that stuff really doesn't matter during RVS, correct?

See what kind of stuff you're giving me to 'comment' on? It's terrible.

Chrimi, posts like these make the game go forward. Commenting on these posts without simply dismissing them makes the game g forward.

Ex. if the attack seems terrible, doesn't it seem like a nice basis for an earlygame lynch?

Personally, I think it's more protown a post than yours.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

We are not lynching Chrimi on that, or on page four. We will continue to post until we get to 150 so that Om can break the game.

Just sayin'. Hammerer beware.

I, for one, will have an meaningful interpretation of the noise in this thread by post 125.

Follow-up serious post forthcoming.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

I needed to make this post: Dear 2birds, there is no vig in this game. But I think your saying that could easily been a scumploy.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Psyche »

It's an open game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

!!!

2b, if you are scum, you've already outwitted me and won the game. For now I feel that I can safely and argumentively declare you confirmed town.

I'll explain why when I'm done with this bigger post I'm making.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

Rereading this thread has been intellectually enlightening. I've found a lot of things I previously missed or looked at differently. Forgive me for the stream of consciousness quote-commenting. It should be rare if doesn't stay the most convenient way of doing things. I would've reformatted, but 1) I'm lazy, and 2) this post illustrates my linear though process, concluding with reflection.

KK was right. I use complex wording to often...

In post 12, Om of the Nom wrote:Hey, after this game is finished, I may make some avatars for some people. Do any of you guys want an avatar? They feature corny puns, deliberately crude drawings, deliberate misspellings and MS paint quality.

In post 16, Prolapsed Brain wrote:Hi.

Vote:

Troll successful.
Yea. Obviously the Brain, being antitown and/or scum, needs an incentive to be motivated to try. We should vote him next.

In post 32, 2birds1stone wrote:
Om of the Nom wrote:2b1s could have made a scumslip by trying to link himself to me using incorrect information.
Or maybe I was just making a poorly-worded flippiant comment?

Unvote

I think I'm serious this time, but I'm not sure.

Serious junk needs explanation. And commitment. Missing here.

In post 36, 2birds1stone wrote:
Staeg wrote:
In post 31, Om of the Nom wrote:2b1s could have made a scumslip by trying to link himself to me using incorrect information.

I doubt it. I do dislike his fetish for not answering questions that actually matter.
unvote
Vote: 2b1s
What about the meta thing? You're picking on comments I made in flippiant posts, but if you want a serious answer, I don't think you need to know someone's scum meta to know their town meta or vice versa.

OotN, you tried to cast doubt on my towniness based on a flippiant post from me.

That trips my scumdar, hard.

There we go. Commitment AND explanation, here. Late. And seems like an attempt to make a lot out of nothing. Not necessarily scummy earlygame.

In post 37, Om of the Nom wrote:Also I don't like how he both A) Assumes confirmed town status even when he's not, and B) Votes someone for voting a (supposedly) confirmed person, and then proceeds to vote a basically confirmed person.

EDIT: Well hey, to each his own. I'm not scum though.

Nice red herring of a defense. And you really missed 2b's indication that those posts you find scummy aren't serious. That therefore constitutes a misrep. Intentional? You tell me, Om.

In post 46, Om of the Nom wrote:I'm honestly not sure either. It was probably one of my "silly" moments.

Unacceptable backtracking.

In post 60, 2birds1stone wrote:
I'm sorry, taking flippiant posts seriously is generally a scumtell, and when just out of RVS, 'generally scumtells' become '100% scumtells' until someone does something to put the 'generally scumtell' in its proper place.

Or in other words, "I actively work to make big deals out of small things earlygame". That is optimal protown play, so I'm satisfied now.

In post 63, Staeg wrote:
In post 61, Psyche wrote:Ooh, this guy has theoretical background.

Blah, blah.

Why did both chrimi and psyche (re)enter the thread without saying anything that has something to do with anything? There was a fair bit of stuff to comment on.

Good point. I guess I wasn't in a thinking mood and instead felt like stoking my intellectual ego and trolling Chrimi. Which I defend as a form of reaction-fishing.

Chrimi, however, did not even that and showed no active intent to search for scum.

In post 65, Om of the Nom wrote:@2b1s: No, Chrimi doesn't normally act like this, but the games I'm playing with him are ongoing so I can't say much. However, meta side his posts are lackluster and full of nothing. Discussion has already started happening and he has provided nothing to further it.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Chrimi
Also "buddying" basically means acting in a certain way to another player to try and get them on your side.

This seems to suggest that Chrimi's passiveness is shown by meta to be a consistent trait of hers (and thus not indicative of anything about her alliance). Bfore I comment further, could you tell me if this explanation is correct.

@Staeg: You basically just did the exact same thing.

OH. HE GOT YOU THERE. But this addendum is so short and snarky as to be ineffectual. Maybe purposely ineffectual as to preempt any attack that may arise.

If Om is scum, this here might be an association tell. I don't lynch off of association tells, but I do develop hypotheses that help direct future and actually reliable research (i.e., select people to tunnel) by them. Just like with speculative science.

Just to note: My reads on Staeg and on Om are mutually exclusive. My advocacy regarding one player has nothing to do with the other until I say so.

In post 68, Chrimi wrote:In fact
VOTE: Om
For hating me as soon as I join the game.

Pooppost.

In post 69, Chrimi wrote:
In post 41, Om of the Nom wrote:Okay, things of note so far relating to 2b1s:

I would be voting 2b1s right now, but a quick count of votes reveals he's at L-1 already.
2b1s has also voted 4 times throughout 2 pages.

During RVS.

2b1s is pushing a case on me based on something that can be read in multiple ways.
2b1s is being highly hypocritical.

You keep forgetting that stuff really doesn't matter during RVS, correct?

See what kind of stuff you're giving me to 'comment' on? It's terrible.

Two minutes later, a post with reasoning. But this is construed less to attack than to defend Chrimi's own behavior. Still passive, not vote justifying.

In post 72, 2birds1stone wrote:Well, this is awkward.

Chrimi does look a tad scummy.

However, I don't think he's scum with Om of the Nom.

I really want Om of the Nom to be scum, because, well, calling scum out on page two would be awesome.

However, I do like the whole 'two L-2 wagons' thing we've got going here.

Woah, wait? Om of the Nom, that seems a somewhat... oppurtunistic [to use an overused adjective] wagon. Like, you didn't take to Chrimi's wagon until Psyche votes him and I ask about his meta?

Of course, this could well be confirmation bias.

Mmmm...definitely confirmation bias. But possibly valid, nonetheless. Weak, though.

In post 74, Om of the Nom wrote:Yep man, that confirmation bias. There's nothing wrong with it if you look at it without biased eyes.

Also I called out the scumteam within 150 posts in my newbie game.

At first I thought this was inane VI junk ova here, but now I understand the context — 2b recently announced a desire to call out scum D1. So the addendum is just silly banter.

In post 75, Staeg wrote:
In post 65, Om of the Nom wrote:@2b1s: No, Chrimi doesn't normally act like this, but the games I'm playing with him are ongoing so I can't say much. However, meta side his posts are lackluster and full of nothing. Discussion has already started happening and he has provided nothing to further it.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Chrimi
Also "buddying" basically means acting in a certain way to another player to try and get them on your side.

@Staeg: You basically just did the exact same thing.

No, there wasn't anything that I could actually comment on without ruining the intent of the OP, while there was stuff for chrimi/psyche to comment on (namely, 2b1s' attack on you and my attack on him).

The OP? The mod?

Ignoring that, okayyy. I was going to attack you for basically posting fillery parroty stuff, but this excuse is valid, since I remember having a thought process like this regarding Chrimi. But now you need to be more protown and immediately start talking about what's going on (and in more detail). So I can get a read on you.

In post 76, Staeg wrote:
In post 70, Om of the Nom wrote:Oh wow, I wasn't expecting it to be this easy.
Calling it now, 2b1s and Chrimi scumteam.

Nice OMGUS btw.

Yeah, I can go with this.
Psyche is still "welp" atm.

Fillery parroty filth. Post-previous post. Mmm. Read obtained.

In post 77, Chrimi wrote:
In post 75, Staeg wrote:
No, there wasn't anything that I could actually comment on without ruining the intent of the OP, while there was stuff for chrimi/psyche to comment on (namely, 2b1s' attack on you and my attack on him).

Still looked stupid to me *shrug*

Looks like Om still jumping on things. If you guys were all clashy with your whole 2b1 thing, why jump on mine as soon as I decide not to comment on it because of how stupid it seems to me?

Pretty good point there, actually.

In post 80, Chrimi wrote:
In post 51, Chrimi wrote:(me too)

If you can't call it content, then I can't have anything to say about it :P

Not actually a direct expression of any opinion about the game.

/re-reads this wall,
Thoughts:

For reasons I'm about to elaborate on, 2b is confirmed town.

Om is actually scummy. Then Chrimi/Staeg.

Town
Me
2b

Scummy
Om
Chrimi
Staeg

Like I'm Supposed to Know
PBrain (lol)
Kamikiri or whatever

I probably need to codify my reasons, but they are all here. Guys, please ensure you answer any accusations/questions presented here, so the game can PROgress. Feel free to tell me if this formatting deeply irks you.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

VOTE: Om
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

These quotes are enough to confirm 2b as town even if he quickhammered Chrimi today and tomorrow announced that "It was an accident".

In post 73, 2birds1stone wrote:They honestly don't look like scumbuddies to me, they're incredibly open about attacking each other, and genuinely do seem to want the other one lynched. In a seven player game with three PRs, getting your buddy lynched is incedibly risky, it can lead to autowin situations where all three PRs confirm themselves the next day.

Of course, scum could give town non-confirmable roles in order to facilitate the more aggressive game.

In post 89, 2birds1stone wrote:I did, Chrimi. Post before that one. You seem to be good at leaving out important posts.

No-one's going to hammer until Prolapsed Brains posts content.

Btw, if his inactivity keeps up, I suggest someone vigs him. Kamikrazy's a potential vig target too, but nowhere near as good as Prolapsed.

In post 91, 2birds1stone wrote:How do you know there's no vig in this game, Psyche?

I stated it as a hypothetical situation, you stated it as a fact.

Unvote
Vote: Psyche

In post 93, 2birds1stone wrote:It's a semi-open. scum choose the roles at the start of the

oh fuck, that's Pick Your Poison I'm thinking of.

My hydra signed up for Pick Your Poison. This is nominations, isn't it...

Unvote
Vote: Chimri

L-1 again.

In post 94, 2birds1stone wrote:Ugh, the above post is really badly typed, and it's annoying me, but I think the meaning is clear.

Oh, 2b, you handsome townie, you! This is it! A confirmed townie in a nightless game. That's the stuff town wins are made of.

Let me explain.
There are certain beliefs that it is very, very unlikely for scum to have, especially in a game with day chat. This includes explicit information about the setup delineating the mafia's one edge in a nightless game. Posts that convincingly show a lack of beliefs like these are absolute town tells.

The caveat is that scum have an interest in showing that they have these beliefs. 2b, however, I believe, has shown this in a way that cannot be reasonably percieved as disingenuous.

First, notice the space between posts 73 and 89. Then notice how differently they apply 2b's false belief. Both are convincing shows of critical thought about opportunities in 2b's imaginary world, but they are not continuous — they are about totally different things and thus don't suggest an ongoing ploy.

And then his reaction to my illumination! With a convincing Semmelweis reflex — automatic rejection of informations because it contradicts established beliefs — he immediately dismisses my proposition.

Finally, he provides a realistic explanation of his old belief that is not consistent with any 2b-is-scum theory. Even I was unsure which game I had signed up for until I, ya know, read the OP. And he does it so awkwardly and apologetically that it suggests that he believes that his misbelief will leave him seeming suspicious.

I will no longer entertain any arguments inconsistent with my knowledge that 2b is town.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

Is that all you got out of it? Really?

Player count isn't something you require OP reading to determine.
Secondly, it's not useful to overestimate the scumteam. Their limitations are how you find them. If 2b is scum capable of making those 5 posts, then he cannot be beaten. I am vastly more willing to believe that he is town than that he is incredibly talented scum. The rest of his play evinces this.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

Not that I think 2b would be a poor scum; I just think its obvious that he isn't scum at all.

And then there were 5.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 103, Staeg wrote:Player count is indeed something that you don't notice at first, but after only 5 people have posted for over 2 days, one would check the OP.
Oh, and someone asked what welp means -- welp. It's kinda "oh. well. yeah." Fancy way of saying blegh.

So you think it's more probable that 2b is scum executing an extremely elaborate tactic perfectly to trick us, than that he lacked the oversight to pay attention to the game's setup that he says he already assumed he knew.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

Kami's name actually made an appearance at the bottom of the page a few minutes ago...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 am

Post by Psyche »

Okay, Chrimi's more scummy than Om.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 112, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 110, Psyche wrote:Okay, Chrimi's more scummy than Om.

So why are you still voting me?

Cuz I can. Umad?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 113, Psyche wrote:

Cuz I can. Umad?

^
Someone's dodging questions.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

Not really. I just forgot that I had a vote to change and then decided to use the irregularity to do some reaction fishing. :3

unvote; vote Chrimi

DO SOMETHING, MAN. TERSE REPLIES WILL GET YOU NOWHERE.

Tell us what you think of the game! Who's scummy, who's townie, and why?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

Is that really all you've got? And all you have for an excuse?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'm less inclined to think so. Om got on too early. If Chrimi is scum, he is probably town.

Staeg...thoughts about the game? If this goes forward, you're the hammer by default. Don't hammer, though.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

Then again, these 3 person wagons aren't as weighty, considering their sizes. We've had many in these 6 pages.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by Psyche »

The worst part is that I got no decent read off that hammer, either. :/
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

Gah.

2b is confirmed town.

vote Om
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (isolation #33) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 150, Om of the Nom wrote::P
VOTE: Psyche
Sudden revelations tell me Psyche is scum.

Oh, really? Not just your unwillingness to be lynched?

It'd be good to justify your vote.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:57 am

Post by Psyche »

I'm going to be straightforward and say that I'm pretty sure Om is town. Scum-Om would prefer to put himself up against more questionable players.

But someone has to get lynched and it ain't gonna be me.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 155, Om of the Nom wrote:That last sentence really irks me.

PEDIT: I think it's to do with the feel of your posts. It reminds me of Open 384.

Well, I am the same person, so my posts might presumably lead to some recollections. :/
You're still being vague I don't have any completed town games to compare 384 to, so there isn't more to say.

I'm not all stoked up by the idea of Om scum, to be honest. It seems today probably HAS to end in a mislynch.

I suppose I might be willing to sacrifice myself for D3, but that'd be disappointing.

What we need to do is use Today to force everyone to throw their two cents in (something missing from yesterday).

I still think Staeg is town. Very much town, probably the towniest person in this game.

Staeg hasn't really done ANYTHING, though. Where do you get a townread?

And your towniness is not overstated.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #36) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Psyche »

And still nothing. ^

I just said that I don't have any completed town games.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #37) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:05 am

Post by Psyche »

oh, i forgot an "and".

Staeg, any opinions about your three choices?!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (isolation #38) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 138, Staeg wrote:No, psyche, 2b1s is not conftown. Omnom is very likely to be. You are quite likely to be.
vote: 2b1s

Oh, nevermind.

Could you explain the cognitive background of all this?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay. That contribution is equally unsubstantial. :(

Can you explain what about his play is like his scumplay in other games?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am

Post by Psyche »

He's right. But the real problem will be having 2 lurkers live to LYLO.

Om is the scummiest of us, I am not scummy, and 2b is untouchably town. That is my thesis.

Om, how is 2b scummy and why is my theory about his alliance confirmation doubtful?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 169, 2birds1stone wrote:I really wouldn't say he's not doing anything. He's not doing much, but he did pounce on Psyche and Chrimi when they entered the thread without giving comment to the goings-on; he could have instead let discussion stall. He also follows up on his questions, which says that he cares about the answers. Okay, I overstated his towniness a little, but I am fairly sure of him still.

I think having Prolapsed down as such a strong scumread reeks of scum pushing the easy mislynch, Om.

I was going to say that Psyche could be scum, and well, he could, but I don't think so. The only thing that bugs me about him is that he required prodding to move his vote from Om to Chrimi.

That honestly was a cognitive blip, and then trying to make something of it. :/
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, we have 4 active players and 1 of these will not self vote.

However, with six players, 4 votes are required for a lynch. This is a deadlock.

Furthermore, Kami's last post was on the 24th, and this post was made on the 30th. That means a modkill, and a change of required votes to 5, making a lynch viable.

If Kami is town, then I'll make the case that Staeg and pbrain are scum. However, given the Martian Law, this means we lose unless I'm wrong and either Om or 2b are scum. Which I, of course, doubt.

Damn this BaM!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

Huh?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

I thought he was referring to the "day" of the parentheses, of which six constitutes a death warrant. It wouldn't make sense that it be at the end of a game day.

Imagine 6 days going by and then our kami showing up to give a full game analysis before deadline. He is subsequently modkilled after hammering Om. For just taking too long. It really seems counterproductive to the mod's goal of running a game unruined by flakery.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

Someone's going to have to selfvote if the flakers aren't dealt with before deadline. 4 active players and 4 to lynch.

Bah. Wevshould've forseen this and lynched a lurker. Damned pbrain...

And we all know who "someone" is.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh. Staeg wins at reading legalese.

I hope Kami is scum, but there really is no way to know, is there?

We need to draw the day out to let kami have a chance of returning. May as well let Om die by deadline.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 188, Prolapsed Brain wrote:I'm not lurking. I'm BUSY.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (isolation #48) » Tue May 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

And the game is saved!

9 pages means it shouldn't take very long.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #49) » Thu May 03, 2012 9:43 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 213, Prolapsed Brain wrote:Oh, no.

kuribo is here.

Whatever shall I do.

Probably not much. :igmeou:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #50) » Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'm really just waiting for kuriboh to tell us his thoughts about what amounts to just 9 pages of gameplay. :/
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #51) » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

So how should we proceed..?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (isolation #52) » Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

Yes, please to blow us all away and hold our little hands.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #53) » Thu May 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

2b is town. No disordered rage-composed attack will change that.

Anyhow — My turn!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #54) » Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

Social dynamics. I wish I knew more about that. The entire spirit of the game has changed now that Kuribo has arrived.

Kuribo, you don't seem to really think 2b is scum. You aren't voting for him. Tell me, what's on your mind.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (isolation #55) » Thu May 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

I don't think I'll be in another nomination game again, either.

NomGambit?

I don't have as low an opinion of 2b as you seem to, and nor do I find him scummy. I actually find Staeg a better lynch than him, but you know. Nomination.

I feel like settling for an Om lynch. What do you think of him?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #56) » Thu May 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 250, Staeg wrote:
In post 249, Psyche wrote:I don't think I'll be in another nomination game again, either.

NomGambit?

I don't have as low an opinion of 2b as you seem to, and nor do I find him scummy. I actually find Staeg a better lynch than him, but you know. Nomination.

I feel like settling for an Om lynch. What do you think of him?

Scuse me, but if 2b1s is conftown, what do you mean by "settle"? You can't nolynch, and I'd presume that you wouldn't want to be lynched, either.

I'm not allowed to lynch you, for instance, so I'll have to settle for the most viable lynch currently possible. :/

What a trivial thing to quip about.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #57) » Thu May 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

My god. No, he's not obv.

Is my argument about him being confirmed town so flawed?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #58) » Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 255, Staeg wrote:
In post 253, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
Vote: 2birds1stone

Obvscum is obv.

amirite?

Bzzzt. Would it physically HURT you to post more than 50 letters on a weekly basis?

@psyche, yes, but that much is obvious. You cant get to your preferred lynch choices yadda yadda. But "I feel like" implies that you have a choice, one that you've thought about, which doesn't line up with the situation.

I assure you, there was thought. :S
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #59) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

He's basically called you a not-the-least-useful townie.

Sigh. I have pretty strong town reads on both of you now so I suppose I might settle for a 2b lynch. I'm more certain that 2b is town, though, and that'll matter a lot come LYLO...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #60) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

Bah.

unvote; vote 2b
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #61) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

Wouldn't scum-pbrain...try harder, though? Or is just that WIFOMy idea why his behavior is reasonable?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #62) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

I suppose we don't have very many options, anyhow.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #63) » Sun May 06, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 277, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
Vote: OmmyNommy

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

*weeps*
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (isolation #64) » Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Psyche »

vote pbrain

Blacklisted. I never thought I would, but blackkkkkklisted.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #65) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 282, Staeg wrote:I'm still here. Ish.
In post 280, Psyche wrote:
vote pbrain

Blacklisted. I never thought I would, but blackkkkkklisted.

Aside from the obvious reason why you would do this if he's town - what if he's scum? What has he done wrong by sacrificing himself to bring his partner to 3-p lylo?

How does his sacrificing himself improve his chances of his partner getting to LYLO? Regardless of his alliance, his play has been poor. More importantly, it has been infuriating. If it weren't for his last post, I'd think he was just terrible town, but now it's impossible to think so. He is scum and there's no doubt about it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #66) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

But you know what, Staeg, that is a really good question and I'm going to answer it very honestly. Allow me to do so with a hypothetical situation.

Suppose pbrain really is a townie (puh-leeeze!). Then let's say (hypothetically, of course) that I am scum (crazy, right?). Now this is some pretty unlikely stuff, but humor me here.

Observing that pbrain has just voted for someone who I happen to know is a Townie and again that this townie is now at L-2, giving me and my scumbuddy ample capacity to quicklynch at will, I become somehow enabled to engage in detailed theatrics, much like I am doing right now.

In fact, if I were scum, I could very easily do something along the following lines, and, confident that my scumbuddy would return to the thread before our lurker friend pbrain ever might, not even plan it beforehand on our daychat quicktopic:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #67) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

TROLOLOLOL.
I CLAIM SCUM. I CLAIM SCUM. AND THERE AIN'T CRAP YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

VOTE OM.

HEYEY, GAIS, U MAD?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #68) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

What, then, could you or any other townie do except lamely vote for me and hope for the best? Not much at all.

That's
why I'm blacklisting pbrain. I hope this enlightening hypothetical consideration of the possibilities convinces you to do the same.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #69) » Sun May 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Psyche »

Had me sweating, there, Staeg. :P
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #70) » Sun May 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

*waits for secret Vengeful mechanic to ruin everything*
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #71) » Sun May 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

You have a way with words, kuribo. A way with words. Staeg initially suggested one of be nommed, but I objected until pbrain's hammer happened and I decided that I didn't want D2 wasted on a lurker and that I could handle myself.

That's perfect (scum)win number two since I returned to the site. But both stem from a bad town than my own skill, I think.

This whole thing has gotten me epistemologically nihilistic about the game in general, though. It's so easy to just play it cool. Dumb/Antitown and lazy players are more likely to be lynched than scum; scum seem to only die when they enter that category or the town randomly fixates on some irrelevant aspect of the scum's play.

Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I mean, people are finding scum, and do so with different success rates. I wish I had more time to do scientific research on Mafia. If our school lets us keep these iPads over the summer, maybe.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #72) » Sun May 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

TDIRUSTUDOTCKUTUKCTCULDUKTUCTOCTOUTCLU
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #73) » Sun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, first,

3.) Once a majority is reached, that person is lynched

Second, why, pbrain? Why did you play so obliquely?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (isolation #74) » Sun May 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by Psyche »

I was right about your playstyle — you got both Staeg and me from vibe alone. Too bad you didn't act on it. >:)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #75) » Sun May 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

Maybe you should continue
finding scum
with your totally arbitrary vibe system, but once you locate scum, look for a real case that makes enough sense to get him lynched. The case might not be why you're voting for the scum, but it'll be why others do.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (isolation #76) » Mon May 07, 2012 9:19 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 320, Om of the Nom wrote:Yeah, that might work.

I was kind of joking. But something along those lines.

Return to “Completed Open Games”