Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hell yes I was sure I was replacing you.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

3 mb53 (BK201, redFF, crypto) L-6
3 redFF (Vifam, Hiraki, Matias)
2 Pine (Major Minor, BBmolla)
1 inte (mb53)
1 crypto (Pine)
1 Matias (Blonde Doctor)
1 BBmolla (Nobody Special)
1 BK201 (noraaa)
0 Blonde Doctor
0 Vifam
0 noraaa
0 Major Minor
0 Hiraki
0 Mogri
0 Nobody Special
0 VitorMachado

3 Not Voting (Mogri, VitorMachado, inte)

9 to lynch
Deadline May 10th
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Mogri »

VOTE: redFF

#43, #119, and the rest of the mountainous talk amounts to a soft VT claim, which is detrimental at this point in the game.

IGMEO Pine and crypto. Not sure if they're fishy or just irritating.

Not feeling the mb53 vote.
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Major Minor »

Sorry for the random leave of absence guys, work called me in for doubles this weekend. And I can't turn down cash. :)

Anyway, I'm sort of exhausted right now after working all day, but I'm off tomorrow. Will do a catch-up then.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by crypto »

What do you guys think of Vifam?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Vifam seems frustrated town, although it would help if he were to stop tunneling red.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by crypto »

You forgot the part where he hasn't posted since Thursday.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Well, why didn't you SAY SO?

@MOD: Please prod Vifam.
....what?

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by crypto »

Well the way you phrased that seemed like you weren't really paying attention to him.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by crypto »

Like you kind of thoughtlessly belted out an answer to my question.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

No, I iso'd him without paying attention to the time of his last post.
....what?

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vifam was prodded after two days of absence as per my rule set.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Post by Matias »

NS, that answer was clearly not good enough. Let me be clear that I DON'T like your vote on BB, so please explain it in summary.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

So yeah fake daykill.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: redff

He still needs to die.

Not really any worthwhile reactions from it as far as I can tell.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Blonde Doctor
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Post by Blonde Doctor »

I apologize for my absence. I am not terribly available over the weekends but I will try to be more active in the future.

In post 147, Pine wrote:
In post 116, Pine wrote:Blonde Doctor: Are you an alt?

Blonde Doctor, please answer this question. It's actually important.

I did not mean to miss this the first time, I apologize. I am not.

In post 145, Matias wrote:I'm not going to hold anyone's hand. My reasons were not too vague if one could just ISO red or even, you know, read the first few pages of the fucking game

Let me ask you something: Had I not posted that "the reasons write themselves", would you have even thought to vote me?

Well it seemed scummy because you essentially said "you are dumb if I have to explain it to you." I am not dumb, but I do not see what is so scummy about his posts at the beginning of the game. I asked you to explain and you basically jump down my throat and berate me for questioning your logic? I found your responses to questioning you even more scummy--note how I did not vote you until AFTER you were avoiding the answer. I just asked you if you could point out something specific about his scumminess and why, and you still respond with "you should just ISO him." I will assume that if you cannot provide concrete examples, that you do not have any, but are simply asking people to look themselves with their now biased point of view because they are
looking
for something scummy, and will therefore see it even if it is not there.

In post 154, BBmolla wrote:NS being active is *thumbsup* though.

Is this indicative of something? Why is this in particular a good thing when so many other people are active as well?

In post 161, BK201 wrote:Nobody else sees noraaa as suspicious? Did I join a game where people just don't vote their friends?

I may have missed or forgotten this, but have you tried pointing out what is so scummy about her? I find her very proactive and assertive in her posts, even if some of them are "conversational."

In post 173, crypto wrote:
In post 169, inte wrote:
In post 168, crypto wrote:
In post 163, inte wrote:@crypto people who change votes way too much bother me, you're probably going be stuck as a scumread most of the game because of it
That is incredibly scummy of you.

saying it doesn't make it so
It is very scummy to use a weak and nonsensical reason very early in the game as an excuse to sit on a scum read all game.

This is a good post. I agree.

In post 199, crypto wrote:Man, guys, I am really rusty and flat and mediocre. I can't latch onto anything.

Is this a serious post?

In post 215, inte wrote:i just didn't feel like explaining something that prolly most people wouldnt agree with

i'm not just arbitrarily picking reasons to not like people

This is the same problem I have with Matias...mostly. I do not agree that simply calling someone townie or scummy while withholding specifics of
why
is in the town's best interest. I do not understand why you would rather drop something than try to convince us you are right. :(
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 239, Blonde Doctor wrote:Is this indicative of something? Why is this in particular a good thing when so many other people are active as well?

NS and lurking go hand in hand from what I've seen.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Post by BK201 »

@noraaa changed my vote because someone else made a bigger blip on my scumdar afterwords. How is that scummy? Also what you call conversational I see as nervous, not used to people making excuses for leaving the forum. (check the poxnora forums off topic for my meta lol, also it's a cool game)
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 am

Post by noraaa »

What excuse did I make for leaving the forum? Surely you aren't referring to my v/la...
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 am

Post by crypto »

In post 239, Blonde Doctor wrote:Is this a serious post?
Yes.
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Major Minor »

I'm going to try and respond to only pertinent, important things, or things that catch my eye, because I hate quotation walls and giant paragraphs. Anyway:
In post 131, noraaa wrote:
In post 127, Major Minor wrote:an earnest attempt to try and decipher something, albeit misplaced.

I would argue that something of the sort is never misplaced if it leads you closer to the truth.
Who said it was leading you closer to the truth? My point was that your motivations seemed earnest and pure, even if your end result wasn't exactly correct (IMO).
In post 134, mb53 wrote:
Vote: Major Minor

I don't like the timing of the vote (right after BB said pine was scum) and I don't like the reasons for the vote ("He's just skirting by in the shadows, not saying much of anything, hoping nobody will notice." When the he has proposed a policy lynch/the game hasn't even been up for 24 hours).

It was my first post of the game... so... I don't think the timing argument really works. I read the game and assessed my reads; if this had been my fourth or fifth post and then SUDDENLY I decided to go after Pine at that moment, I could buy this. But as it stands, it's weak. Furthermore, why is someone flying under the radar a bad reason? There had been several weaker reasons thrown out at that point (see: your vote) and yet someone playing too cautiously is bad? Also, I never proposed a policy lynch... I'm not sure who your last sentence is even addressing.
In post 135, BBmolla wrote:Yeah Major's agreement was pretty bad, especially with everyone being so inactive.

What does everyone else's inactivity have to do with me? Are you saying I should be pushing cases on lurkers instead of things I find scummy in the thread? I don't get this. At all.
In post 143, crypto wrote:
In post 127, Major Minor wrote:crypto's postings make me think he's taking the game as a joke instead of actually trying to play, like when he claims he's a cop with an innocent on Vifam.
VOTE: Major Minor

So... you
were
being serious about the cop claim? Or...?
In post 150, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pine

My vote on Pine was scummy, so you join me on the wagon without providing a single reason?
Really?

In post 156, crypto wrote:UNVOTE: Major Minor
VOTE: BK201

Don't quite get this hop off of my wagon, either, especially since less than ten posts had passed in between your original vote on me.
In post 173, crypto wrote:
In post 169, inte wrote:
In post 168, crypto wrote:
In post 163, inte wrote:@crypto people who change votes way too much bother me, you're probably going be stuck as a scumread most of the game because of it
That is incredibly scummy of you.

saying it doesn't make it so
It is very scummy to use a weak and nonsensical reason very early in the game as an excuse to sit on a scum read all game.

Just posting to show my agreement with this sentiment, despite the erratic behavior of crypto's play so far.
The daykill stuff is weird to me. BBmolla's daykill looks obviously fake to me, especially since he claims a restriction which requires him to wait until post 150 to daykill (and having read through MafiaScum's normal game guidelines, I do not believe that's normal). Nobody Special's reaction to said daykill looks forced as well. So does mb53's. None of this looks genuine at all, and NS/mb53 seem to be smart enough players to recognize a fake daykill. redFF looks town, though, because he calls mb53 stupid for not recognizing the fake daykill. If redFF were scum, I would think he would hop on the "daykill is real" bandwagon and use that to make himself look town.
Oh look, flash bandwagon on mb53! Hmph. Quickwagons always give me the willies. Especially since the reasons applied to mb53 also apply to Nobody Special, yet nobody jumped on him.
In post 210, Matias wrote:
In post 204, crypto wrote:Matias, what other specifics made redFF scummy?

Just what I said. He's taken early game seriously and he's trying to lynch mb for a mistake that a person of any alignment can make

red is smarter than this; this isn't stupidity on his part, he's obviously just trying to fit in

No no no no no! I don't like this. Why would scum-redFF take the harder route and call out mb53 for not recognizing an obviously fake daykill (seriously, go back and look at it, it was dripping in falsehood) instead of just playing along? Your logic here isn't adding up. You're tunneling on redFF and have been since gamestart, pretty much.
Unsure on noraaa's alignment, but I like her content and contribution.
In post 219, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 203, Matias wrote:
In post 183, Nobody Special wrote:I hate you.

unvote

Vote: BBmolla

I also don't know how I feel about this

why exactly are you crusading against BB again

Because he's scum, duh. Double-iso him and me and you'll see.

The burden of proof is on you, my friend, so provide your own reasoning. It's not our job to make a case for you.
Nobody Special wrote:
In post 213, redFF wrote:
In post 202, Matias wrote:
This is extremely very likely a mountainous setup, by the way, seeing as how both of Ythan's nightless normals were mountainous, so lets just get that out of the way

are you reading ive said that at least 4 times.

Yeah, but no one pays any attention to you. :roll:

This kind of attitude really puts me off, and it seems to be rampant on this site. It's arrogant. And the fact of the matter is that redFF HAS said it four times, was ATTACKED for speculating that the setup was mountainous, and then Matias comes in and says the same thing with nobody even letting out a peep about it. Maybe you should start paying attention to the game, NS.
In post 227, Mogri wrote:VOTE: redFF

#43, #119, and the rest of the mountainous talk amounts to a soft VT claim, which is detrimental at this point in the game.

IGMEO Pine and crypto. Not sure if they're fishy or just irritating.

Not feeling the mb53 vote.

This is really, really bad. You see, mb53? THIS is opportunistic wagon hopping where timing is an actual argument. Two votes already on redFF and a ton of suspicion circling his way, and all Mogri does is point to two posts and setup speculation as reasons. I'll point out again: redFF is not the only one to speculate about this setup being all vanilla, and yet nobody said a damn word about anyone else. His soft suspicion on Pine & crypto is very half-assed as well.
In post 238, BBmolla wrote:So yeah fake daykill.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: redff

He still needs to die.

Not really any worthwhile reactions from it as far as I can tell.

Really!? His reaction to your daykill was PURELY from a town motivation, and you still vote him? And the other reactions -- the way that NS & mb53 reacted, specifically -- don't warrant discussion?

This entire redFF wagon is scummy.

Scummy:
mb53, Matias, Pine, inte, BBmolla, Mogri
I think this is the first game on the site where I haven't been able to ascertain any strong town reads early on, but there is certainly scum in the above list. My bet would be on at least two of them being mafia.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Major Minor »

vote: Mogri
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 127, Major Minor wrote:Pine only has three posts in the game so far: one that asks for a policy vote on crypto, one that mistakenly (and exaggeratedly) calls crypto's post an "ad hom attack" when it wasn't, and one that simply asks if Blonde Doctor is an alt. He's just skirting by in the shadows, not saying much of anything, hoping nobody will notice.

^This is bad reasoning. It wasn't that you were calling him scum, I had clearly done that right before you.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 am

Post by noraaa »

re: Who said it was leading you closer to the truth?

I said, right then. Whether the truth ends up being what I was originally thinking or not, digging further almost always helps root stuff out.

Blondie- you're coming across as either reaching really far, or just.. super oversensitive here. SUPER oversensitive.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by mb53 »

Cmon guys, screw red, inte wagon ahoy.

He's supposedly got a scum read, but isn't voting for him and refusing to elaborate. And flat out contradicting himself in his first two posts

lets do this

PEdit:
mm wrote:
In post 134, mb53 wrote:
Vote: Major Minor

I don't like the timing of the vote (right after BB said pine was scum) and I don't like the reasons for the vote ("He's just skirting by in the shadows, not saying much of anything, hoping nobody will notice." When the he has proposed a policy lynch/the game hasn't even been up for 24 hours).

It was my first post of the game... so... I don't think the timing argument really works. I read the game and assessed my reads; if this had been my fourth or fifth post and then SUDDENLY I decided to go after Pine at that moment, I could buy this. But as it stands, it's weak. Furthermore, why is someone flying under the radar a bad reason? There had been several weaker reasons thrown out at that point (see: your vote) and yet someone playing too cautiously is bad? Also, I never proposed a policy lynch... I'm not sure who your last sentence is even addressing.

I was saying that pine hasn't been "skirting in the shadows", considering he had attempted a policy lynch + the game just started.
mm wrote:
In post 150, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pine

My vote on Pine was scummy, so you join me on the wagon without providing a single reason?
Really?
Uh, he did give a reason.
Maybe you should start paying attention to the game, NS.
I lol'd, given the quote above
This is really, really bad. You see, mb53? THIS is opportunistic wagon hopping where timing is an actual argument. Two votes already on redFF and a ton of suspicion circling his way, and all Mogri does is point to two posts and setup speculation as reasons. I'll point out again: redFF is not the only one to speculate about this setup being all vanilla, and yet nobody said a damn word about anyone else. His soft suspicion on Pine & crypto is very half-assed as well.
This is good, and I'm glad you pointed it out. I totally agree. A wagon worth pursuing.

Even better than inte.
unvote
vote: morgi
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by Major Minor »

In post 246, BBmolla wrote:
In post 127, Major Minor wrote:Pine only has three posts in the game so far: one that asks for a policy vote on crypto, one that mistakenly (and exaggeratedly) calls crypto's post an "ad hom attack" when it wasn't, and one that simply asks if Blonde Doctor is an alt. He's just skirting by in the shadows, not saying much of anything, hoping nobody will notice.

^This is bad reasoning. It wasn't that you were calling him scum, I had clearly done that right before you.

Agree to disagree, then. When you take those three posts as the entirety of someone's contributions at the time of posting, they're underwhelming and worthy of a vote.

His content wasn't good. That was my point in all of that.

mb53 wrote:Uh, he did give a reason.

Really? Show me where he did that, because all I see is him asking Pine if he was really trying, Pine posted and explained his stance on the game so far, and BBmolla just voted him with no further extrapolation.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”