Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Wow....we got just absurdly lucky with those cop investigations, didn't we.

So, there was 1 sane cop and 1 insane cop, and 5 GG's that looked evil and 1 BG that looked good to cop investigations. For all practical purposes, we may as well have had 2 random cops. And except for coron, all the investigations turned out ok. Heh.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Here are all the night & day actions:

Night 0: Yos investigates Coron

Day 1: mike investigates SpamWise

Night 1: Atticus protects DrippingGoofball
Night 1: Yos investigates mikeburnfire
Night 1: Scum kills Atticus
Night 1: Dodgy kills Coron

Day 2: mike investigates FierceDeity

Night 2: Yos investigates DrippingGoofball
Night 2: Scum kills mike

And the MVP awards for this game goes to....mike and Dodgy!

mike: Successfully turned his unknown and potenitally disastrous insane status into sane by investigating and clearing 2 miller townies. Also convinced the town to not lynch him when he first fake claimed mason then claimed cop.

Dodgy: Nailed the toughest scum to eliminate, godfather Coron, by using his only vig shot. Also hammered both other scum. So essentially Dodgy was a big part in the doom of all 3 scum.
The end justifies the means.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:28 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Yes! Thanks Dodgy!
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Hooray! I think we are especially lucky that the vig got Coron night 1.

Well played everyone; it was fun.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Wow. How insanely lucky can I be (pun intented! HAH)

I would have never guessed I was an insane cop. And I mean... five millers and a godfather. Wow. If either Yosarian or I had investigated anybody else then this game could have taken a very different turn.

Thanks for modding M-M
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

As you can see from the setup the theme of this game was to be confusing and misleading. I first hinted at this in the last sentence of the beginning monologue where I said "I love seeing you all tearing each other apart, mwuahahahahahaha!"

My first attempt to add misleading info to the game is everyone's cars. I thought someone may pick up on the listing of all the cars in the 3rd post and start speculating about different types and colors of cars signaling the different alignments and roles. In reality everyone's cars were just randomly assigned and in the game nobody was really mislead by the cars, which helped the town.

My second attempt for confusion was to add the sane and insane cops to the game, which I tend to have in all the games I make up. I figured there may be a point in the game where one cop claims, the other cop counters, and the town eventually lynches both of them because of the assumption that one is lying. And actually in the game, the exact opposite happened where the town believed both cops, which benefitted the town in the end. The day cop element in the insane cop just adds another twist where the day cop may investigate a goon who looked scummy and then the result turns up innocent.

And obviously my third and biggest attempt for adding misleading info to the game are the millers and godfather. The millers could have led to mislynches by the town, mis-vigging by Dodgy, and even draw speculation about masons looking like scum gambiting. And of course the godfather could have gotten cleared by the sane cop. In the actual game however, only the sane cop investigating the godfather ever happened, with everything else actually having the opposite effect with the insane cop getting all the millers.

So to sum it up, there were many traps laid for the town in this game, and the town was almost flawless in dodging those traps, en route to a victory.
The end justifies the means.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Sorry you didn't get to see us writhe in confusion :twisted:
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Primate »

How the fuck was our Godfather nightkilled? You have no idea how much that pissed me off. Being immune to nightkills and investigations is what Godfathers do. Personally, I consider it a basic part of the role. Bah.

I think the main problem with this game was that there were simply too many roles. Going into day 2 with a cop, doc, vig and two masons confirmed, it was just simply too much for most scum to get back from. I think this game is a shining example of why you shouldn't give too much information to the town, even if it is misinformation.

My play in this game was godawful, and I apoligise to my mafia buddies. I really need to learn how to play as scum a lot better if I'm going to be taken seriously. I just find it saps most of the interest of the game for me if you already know who the scum are (feel free to note this for future games with me).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:41 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

TWO cops???

Criminy! I was alone against two cops???

You didn't do so bad, Primate, but when you put that second vote on me when we were deadlined, and 4 votes were a lynch, and no one really suspected me, it left me in an awkward position: either allow myself to be lynched, or deflect attention onto someone else. Since your logic for voting for me was fatally flawed, I had no choice but to turn the Town against you, in the hope that I would look more innocent.

But against two cops, it was an uphill battle.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:55 pm

Post by Coron »

S*** F*** D***

Ouch, interesting thing with the 5 millers, but still, probably a tad unbalanced for town, though town played a very solid game.

Good job town.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:TWO cops???

Criminy! I was alone against two cops???

You didn't do so bad, Primate, but when you put that second vote on me when we were deadlined, and 4 votes were a lynch, and no one really suspected me, it left me in an awkward position: either allow myself to be lynched, or deflect attention onto someone else. Since your logic for voting for me was fatally flawed, I had no choice but to turn the Town against you, in the hope that I would look more innocent.

But against two cops, it was an uphill battle.

Heh...you're just unlucky I investigated you instead of Mike. If Mike had investigated you, you might have won.

All in all, the setup with all the millers and insane cops and stuff seems to have been extremly luck dependent.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Mariyta »

The thing that made me more suspicious of Yos than DGB was the fact that Coron defended Boddah when he was lurking.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

So...why did that make you suspicious of me?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by Mariyta »

It didn't. I typed that backwards. :(
-Susan Ertz

Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:10 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I got to look at the setup... I expected more town mistakes due to the cops.

I did think the masons were probably overkill.

I suggested that the godfather should not be unnightkillable if the vig was one-shot. (I certainly don't know that godfathers are typically unnk...)

Good game I think!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh...Godfathers are not always unkillable. In fact, a "true" Godfather (both unkillable and immune to investigations) is rare these days, most Godfathers I've seen are only one or the other, not both.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Coron »

Mariyta wrote:The thing that made me more suspicious of Yos than DGB was the fact that Coron defended Boddah when he was lurking.
heck if I knew who my scum partners were at that point.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:53 am

Post by Atticus »

I enjoyed watching this game being played, but I really think it was mostly pointless setup. And bad. But good job town. It was definitely slated against the mafia though.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Atticus wrote:I enjoyed watching this game being played, but I really think it was mostly pointless setup. And bad. But good job town. It was definitely slated against the mafia though.
Actually, I agre that the setup was not good. I wouldn't say it was slanted towards the town, though; we just got absurdly lucky.

For example, if Mike had investigated me yesterday, the town would probably have lost. He would have said "Yos is guilt", in which case I would have been lynched; when I showed up as the cop, then either Mike would have been lynched, or if the town decided he was insane, the person Mike confirmed innocent day 1 would have been lynched. The town would basically have been screwed no matter what.

Or if Mike had investigated Dripping Goofball, and got innocent, I probably would have investigated one of the millers, like FD, and got guilty...again, the town probably would have lost horribly. Miller lynched, folled by me lynched, with DG still a confirmed good guy=probable town loss.

The game was pretty much determined completly by luck.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:48 am

Post by Atticus »

Good point. Definitely slated against everyone.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:30 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

With so many games of skill, it's nice to have a game of luck to spice things up once in awhile. I appreciated this game, and the irony of how it turned out.

SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:08 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Shame I missed out on so much of this game. Oh well, good one everyone, maybe you'll believe me when I randomly accuse someone of being scum for no reason. ;)
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
FierceDeity
FierceDeity
Townie
FierceDeity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:45 am

Post by FierceDeity »

Wow, good game. Good moderating too MM.
Just because I'm paranoid dosen't mean they're not out to get me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:55 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”