The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Om, we could have the permissions set up so that the only commands usable are /tp, /tpaccept, and /tpdeny.

PEdit: wait, what? I thought you were male?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Captain Murasa
Captain Murasa
Goon
Captain Murasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 am

Post by Captain Murasa »

I am male, I just have a female gender for this account because the character the account is based off is female.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 am

Post by mikehart »

In post 3701, Captain Murasa wrote:I am male, I just have a female gender for this account because the character the account is based off is female.

I was totally about to ask if you recently transitioned too. I don't know if that makes me a bad person or an understanding person.

*disclaimer* found out recently an old friend has recently transitioned to a male so its on my mind a bit. Not offense intended etc. etc. etc.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Captain Murasa
Captain Murasa
Goon
Captain Murasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 am

Post by Captain Murasa »

Lol, I'm totally not offended at all :V
I've learned to laugh at myself.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 3693, Om of the Nom wrote:I think we should get the plugin where it's possible to tp to people but they have to accept it first or deny it.

In post 3694, izakthegoomba wrote:That would be Essentials.

In post 3695, Om of the Nom wrote:They should make a plugin with just that style of tp'ing and nothing else.

In post 3696, Xalxe wrote:Ew plugins. I like our Vanilla.

In post 3697, Captain Murasa wrote:Because tp'ing is totally vanilla.
If we allow tp'ing then we should have one that you can deny if you want to. Otherwise we shouldn't have tp'ing.

In post 3698, Xalxe wrote:TPing was added because I asked Claus for that temporary ability for an event, and I'm fine with it, but in general, if I want a server with plugins I can go to any other crappy server.

Also who are you.

In post 3699, Captain Murasa wrote:Lol pay attention to other parts of the site.
I'm Om of the Nom you silly :3

all of this requires installing bukkit.

we don't have bukkit on the MS Server, so none of it is possible.
the TPing is a vanilla thing for OP's that using the Server Software provided by DaddyCHeese, claus was able to route to your usage.

The only way to get the type of TPing you want is a Bukkit Server with plugins

@Xalxe, if they only instal essential things like making it so people can't tp to you if you don't want them to, how is that "crappier" than vanilla? You make no sense and are trying so hard to be "unique" or anti-mainstream or whatever, by saying NOPLUGINS!!!!SKLGHKLSGHK:HKS that you don't realize how stupid it sounds to say "I don't want the ability to deny people to TP to me if I don't want them to, because thats too not-vanilla for me!"

I doubt Claus is going to start installing mcMMO, Townie, MultiVerse, Trains, Guns, or all of those shit because A: 99% of this server doesn't want all that in the first place, and the 1% that does can hop on my server, and B: We don't have a server capable of running those big plugins.

@Clause the plugin you want is http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/teleconfirmlite/ if you did decide to do this. And I do agree with the need to do this, or get rid of teleporting all together

oh also @Xalxe: teleporting IS vanilla. because you are PLAYING vanilla. its just vanilla OP, not vanilla-everyone
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:21 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 3704, Maruchan wrote:@Xalxe, if they only instal essential things like making it so people can't tp to you if you don't want them to, how is that "crappier" than vanilla? You make no sense and are trying so hard to be "unique" or anti-mainstream or whatever, by saying NOPLUGINS!!!!SKLGHKLSGHK:HKS that you don't realize how stupid it sounds to say "I don't want the ability to deny people to TP to me if I don't want them to, because thats too not-vanilla for me!"

Like you said, that'd require Bukkit. I don't
Bukkit. I never use the teleport either (and yes I know it's OP only usually, my initial request was temporary OP for a night before Claus did the thing)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

you do realize bukkit in and of itself is nothing different than vanilla right?
Show
Join Now!

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

The server had bukkit before, when UA was the host. There are a bunch of things bukkit CAN do that I'm not really a fan of, but I think we really only used it for the /home and /sethome commands which I do miss. Bukkit isn't inherantly bad, its just more of a toolbox than anything if I understand it correctly, and you can choose which tools to utilize. Is that correct?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 3707, Rhinox wrote:The server had bukkit before, when UA was the host. There are a bunch of things bukkit CAN do that I'm not really a fan of, but I think we really only used it for the /home and /sethome commands which I do miss. Bukkit isn't inherantly bad, its just more of a toolbox than anything if I understand it correctly, and you can choose which tools to utilize. Is that correct?

Pretty much. At least as I understand it from my (pretty limited, tbh) experience, it's an interface for server mods (plugins), and it doesn't do anything without plugins. It sounds like this server had Essentials before, which is a collection of basic commands to allow greater control over the server.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 3707, Rhinox wrote:The server had bukkit before, when UA was the host. There are a bunch of things bukkit CAN do that I'm not really a fan of, but I think we really only used it for the /home and /sethome commands which I do miss. Bukkit isn't inherently bad, its just more of a toolbox than anything if I understand it correctly, and you can choose which tools to utilize. Is that correct?

A++

Bukkit .jar and vanilla .jar are absolutely no different whatsoever in game-playing

the only difference is it adds events to every interaction in the game, so when you break a block you are activating the block.break event, which Gavin'sAmazinglyAwesomePluginOfGeniusness can then hook into and when mrcheesete0 throws the event block.break, I can throw the event give{player).3diamonds

(super silmplified version at least)

so Bukkit in and of itself without any plugins, is still Vanilla.

Now, Gavin'sSuperAmazinglyAwesomePluginOfGeniusness can be bad, because its stupid and tries to do to much, but something like Essentails, for teleport requests and /home is not too bad.
Show
Join Now!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 9:00 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3691, Om of the Nom wrote:No, I fucking told you to get the hell away from me. You never did.

yeah, no, you were fuckign with us first and then you won and wanted to quit so then you started whining
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 10:43 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

You PvP'ed me when I asked you for it: Fine, I'm not blaming you for that.
You PvP'ing me when I asked you to stop: THis is why I want you gone. You blaming me for wanting you to go is just making you look worse.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Om, I'm not saying it's good that chess and Lofu are attacking you, but have you considered how frustrating it must be for them to have you suddenly switch like that? Remember that time when Xalxe and I spent ages trying to hunt you down, and when I finally figured out a way to get at you, you said you didn't want to fight? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Don't pull bitch moves like that, and I doubt anyone has a problem.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

We made an amazing predator/prey game.

It's int he bottom of the spleef arena (you still die if you fall from the top), the prey stands in the waterbox
the predator goes up to our house and fires arrows via dispenser at the prey.

KILLBOX ENGAGE
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 am

Post by chesskid3 »

our sorrywekilledomofthenomlastnight gift to the server
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'll check it out some time.

But if we're adapting the Pit, we should put in a floor higher up, or collecting the dirt will get pointlessly difficult.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

it's small.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

like 5x6 small.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

In post 3707, Rhinox wrote:The server had bukkit before, when UA was the host. There are a bunch of things bukkit CAN do that I'm not really a fan of, but I think we really only used it for the /home and /sethome commands which I do miss. Bukkit isn't inherantly bad, its just more of a toolbox than anything if I understand it correctly, and you can choose which tools to utilize. Is that correct?

My bukkit had two plugins; Essentials and GroupPermissions or something like that. It gave me the ability to allow the users the ability to /sethome and /home, while still giving the admins the ability to do everything they needed to properly moderate the server. For example, I had warp points set to everyone's house so I could just jump there when needed, but only Claus and I were able to use them. To everyone else, however, it was still basically Vanilla.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

So basically Maru, you should install bukkit because bukkit is amazing, then make a group called "Fucking Hipsters But Mostly Xalxe" and deny them the use of all mods, and then this will make everyone happy. Everyone else just gets to be a User and this will give them back their precious /sethome and probably /tp
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Maruchan »

A++^^^^^
Show
Join Now!

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Maru's not in charge of our server.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Maruchan »

man speaks truth
Show
Join Now!

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

thought he was. But, then again, I only pay attention to this thread when my name is mentioned, so whatever
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Xalxe »

No, maru has his own server. I understand the difficulty though.

Return to “The Arcade”