Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Mogri »

In post 920, petapan wrote:can you literally only post snippy retorts that dodge the point, shut up god damn

This is the kind of airtight argument that has me on the chopping block, ladies and gentlemen.

Which point did I dodge? If you examine it closely, you'll notice that my "snippy retort" addressed the core problem with your argument.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 am

Post by Mogri »

In post 918, petapan wrote:inte is still terrible and scum but so is mogri, his wagon is larger, this is a nightless game we should kill them both and nobody special can go too why is this so agonizing

Trans:
Let's just lynch everyone that anyone suspects and sort it out later.

Yep, this guy suuuuuuuuuure is town, all right.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

5 Mogri (BK201, Hiraki, crypto, Nobody Special, petapan) L-3
4 Nobody Special (inte, UberNinja, noraaa, TeChNoWC)
2 Hiraki (Matias, Pine)
1 inte (Kairyuu)
1 petapan (Mogri)
0 Kairyuu
0 BK201
0 crypto
0 TeChNoWC
0 Matias
0 mb53
0 noraaa
0 Pine
0 UberNinja
0 Psyche

2 Not Voting (mb53, Psyche)

8 to lynch
Deadline May 24th
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by crypto »

tbh mogri and nobody special are both half-assing and i could see either or both of them being town "faking it" for the sake of not replacing. nobody special is definitely just posting to avoid a flake-out on his record so w/e.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 925, Mogri wrote:
In post 920, petapan wrote:can you literally only post snippy retorts that dodge the point, shut up god damn

This is the kind of airtight argument that has me on the chopping block, ladies and gentlemen.

Which point did I dodge? If you examine it closely, you'll notice that my "snippy retort" addressed the core problem with your argument.

In post 926, Mogri wrote:
In post 918, petapan wrote:inte is still terrible and scum but so is mogri, his wagon is larger, this is a nightless game we should kill them both and nobody special can go too why is this so agonizing

Trans:

Translation: "Graaaah, I'm caught for the wrong reasons!"
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by crypto »

if he's caught for the wrong reasons then fucking vote him.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 904, Hiraki wrote:
TeCHNo wrote:Love the Admiral Ackbar reference, though doesn't Lando say it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

Lrn2meme

TeChNoWC wrote:I never made an absolute nor assumed that either was scum.
Now, I'm getting wary. You didn't make an absolute, but you were appealing to everyone on my wagon to get the fuck off and go to NS, because he needs to die first.

This looks pretty bad for me, and I don't like it.

TeChNoWC wrote:Hiraki's response has since made me realise that there are two varying characteristics of play between town NS and scum NS, but I think Hiraki has overlooked some of the behaviours that NS has displayed in this game, that he also displayed in scum.
Maybe, but I'm going to say that he's town for now. If you're going to call me scummy for that

well

come at me bitches

I never said you were scummy for the reason you quoted me on. I have since stated that you are no longer hot on my scum radar, because I don't believe you were bullshitting about the 'two different sides to NS' thing. Two things that still bug me though, is that you disregarded my question (when did you realise this) and instead tried to shy away from it by making a show of my comments, and two, you didn't address my reasoning that NS displays scummy aspects that he displayed in his scum meta, even if he displays aspects of his town meta.
In post 913, Hiraki wrote:Well, I didn't see any self-votes

nor did I see any pleas/begs/bargins

nope

he's not begging

crypto wrote:wow no more posts for you
He said Lando for Admiral Ackbar

The fucking alien only has 5 lines in the movie

and he messes up one?

fuck him

george lucas' normal babies are precious

can't fuck up stuff like that

it's like saying that the death star was built on endor

FALSE

it was built on a MOON OF ENDOR

Don't see why he would have to say 'moon of endor' to be correct in his statement, if something happens in a town outside of New York City but still belonging to the municipality of New York, then I can either say it was in Town X, Town X near New York, or even just New York. The moon of Endor still belongs to the Endor System, so is still in Endor.

In post 926, Mogri wrote:

Trans:

To be honest Mogri is coming across as more town than NS, and I would rather lynch NS at this stage. But the reasoning that we could lynch both is not scummy at all, given the circumstances. I don't like all the bullshit reasoning that's been flying around though (let's lynch him because he is a dick) that is either town eagerness, or a sign of scummyness, and no, the reasons purported that Mogri is 'definitely scum' I think are just out of eagerness for blood.

I am still prepared to hammer Mogri, but I would rather see the NS wagon a go.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by Matias »

Does anyone have proof that NS acts this sarcastic as scum? I've heard reports that he acts the same as either scum or town, but I'd rather see meta examples.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

If you were reading the threads, you would have noticed that Hiraki provided examples, which is what our entire argument has been about. Go back through Hiraki's posts and you will find the links.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 932, Matias wrote:Does anyone have proof that NS acts this sarcastic as scum? I've heard reports that he acts the same as either scum or town, but I'd rather see meta examples.
Get better sources

NS definitely has meta.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by UberNinja »

"My sources" tell me that NS acts scummy as either town or scum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 935, UberNinja wrote:"My sources" tell me that NS acts scummy as either town or scum.
Okay. Thanks for sharing.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Matias »

I haven't been reading as closely lately. I'm detached from my games as of late.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Initial impression of Psyche is rather positive, but his 331 places a relatively strong link between him and red. We'll see where that goes.

UberNinja reminds me of Xtoxm before he stopped caring. I like that. Disagree with some of his reads, but town for now.

UberNinja wrote:Only ways a post can get deleted are:

1. select all + delete/backspace, which can be solved by a Ctrl Z or an Edit > Undo
2. browser crash, which can be solved by clicking "restore tabs" or "restore browser session" when your browser reopens
3. loss of internet connection, which can be solved by clicking "< back", selecting & copy/pasting your post after signing in again when the internet comes back on
4. aliens/tigers/etc

In the past at least, mafiascum would time a user out if they did nothing for too long. I have lost a fair number of extremely lengthy posts to this, and it always made me very sad. Not at all indicative of Psyche's alignment, and a VERY poor reason for a vote when you already have plenty to build a legitimate case with. I'm not liking this post.

I'm beginning to like crypto.

And now UberNinja is just being an annoying ass to everyone. Lovely. Not indicative of alignment, but can we tone the hostility down a bit? Honestly.

Mogri has done nothing to make me think he's scum, but for some reason he's got a wagon. It's kind of annoying. Are people just not reading?

Now this is interesting.

@Techno: The change from:

Techno wrote:- crypto and FF have been acting like neighbours the whole game. Makes me think the Mogri bandwagon is a mafia lynch plot.

to being, as far as I can tell, the leading proponent of a Mogri lynch, especially after a redFF scum flip, is something I'm very interested in seeing.

Ok, now that a few pages have passed, with all of . . 1, MAYBE 2 posts by Mogri, he's second on your scumlist for . . . absolutely no reason. Not liking this.

Post 576 you clearly state that you are considering the idea of Mogri "pushing flak" onto "town-redFF." Everything I've seen regarding your Mogri case thus far has been contingent on red being town, and your initial read of him has redFF-scum pushing Mogri-town. But yet a redFF-scum flip not only doesn't change your opinion (as evidenced by the fact that you were voting him as of when I replaced and were adamant about his scumminess) but it puts him into the TOP SPOT for a lynch. This is extremely inconsistent reasoning, and reeks of scum to me.

BK201 is repeatedly claiming he has a strong case against Mogri (which I believe boils down to "he's bussing redFF for reasons") and then distancing himself from a potential Mogri lynch by calling Day 1 cases automatically bad. This is quite scummy to me.

Techno wrote:If me and uber switch to mogri, mogri still needs 2. I'm eager for a lynch too, but whats one day. Let's just pick the best one, lynch the other fucker tommorrow.

And again we see that Techno has gone from views of redFF and Mogri that are completely dependent on each other, to being perfectly happy to lynch both, with NO REASONING as to why. Rapidly creeping up on inte in scumminess right now.

AAAAAAAAAND I'm done catching up.

Scumreads (in order of scumminess):

Techno
inte
BK201
NS

Townreads (in no particular order):

noraaa
Matias
Mogri
Psyche
crypto

Everyone else is neutral, obviously

unvote
vote: TeChNoWC

Perfectly willing to lynch inte, but I'd prefer a Techno lynch today. BK201 and NS I could potentially get behind, but I'm somewhat less confident on the reads.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 938, Kairyuu wrote:Initial impression of Psyche is rather positive, but his 331 places a relatively strong link between him and red. We'll see where that goes.

UberNinja reminds me of Xtoxm before he stopped caring. I like that. Disagree with some of his reads, but town for now.

UberNinja wrote:Only ways a post can get deleted are:

1. select all + delete/backspace, which can be solved by a Ctrl Z or an Edit > Undo
2. browser crash, which can be solved by clicking "restore tabs" or "restore browser session" when your browser reopens
3. loss of internet connection, which can be solved by clicking "< back", selecting & copy/pasting your post after signing in again when the internet comes back on
4. aliens/tigers/etc

In the past at least, mafiascum would time a user out if they did nothing for too long. I have lost a fair number of extremely lengthy posts to this, and it always made me very sad. Not at all indicative of Psyche's alignment, and a VERY poor reason for a vote when you already have plenty to build a legitimate case with. I'm not liking this post.

I'm beginning to like crypto.

And now UberNinja is just being an annoying ass to everyone. Lovely. Not indicative of alignment, but can we tone the hostility down a bit? Honestly.

Mogri has done nothing to make me think he's scum, but for some reason he's got a wagon. It's kind of annoying. Are people just not reading?

Now this is interesting.

@Techno: The change from:

Techno wrote:- crypto and FF have been acting like neighbours the whole game. Makes me think the Mogri bandwagon is a mafia lynch plot.

to being, as far as I can tell, the leading proponent of a Mogri lynch, especially after a redFF scum flip, is something I'm very interested in seeing.

Ok, now that a few pages have passed, with all of . . 1, MAYBE 2 posts by Mogri, he's second on your scumlist for . . . absolutely no reason. Not liking this.

Post 576 you clearly state that you are considering the idea of Mogri "pushing flak" onto "town-redFF." Everything I've seen regarding your Mogri case thus far has been contingent on red being town, and your initial read of him has redFF-scum pushing Mogri-town. But yet a redFF-scum flip not only doesn't change your opinion (as evidenced by the fact that you were voting him as of when I replaced and were adamant about his scumminess) but it puts him into the TOP SPOT for a lynch. This is extremely inconsistent reasoning, and reeks of scum to me.

BK201 is repeatedly claiming he has a strong case against Mogri (which I believe boils down to "he's bussing redFF for reasons") and then distancing himself from a potential Mogri lynch by calling Day 1 cases automatically bad. This is quite scummy to me.

Techno wrote:If me and uber switch to mogri, mogri still needs 2. I'm eager for a lynch too, but whats one day. Let's just pick the best one, lynch the other fucker tommorrow.

And again we see that Techno has gone from views of redFF and Mogri that are completely dependent on each other, to being perfectly happy to lynch both, with NO REASONING as to why. Rapidly creeping up on inte in scumminess right now.

AAAAAAAAAND I'm done catching up.

Scumreads (in order of scumminess):

Techno
inte
BK201
NS

Townreads (in no particular order):

noraaa
Matias
Mogri
Psyche
crypto

Everyone else is neutral, obviously

unvote
vote: TeChNoWC

Perfectly willing to lynch inte, but I'd prefer a Techno lynch today. BK201 and NS I could potentially get behind, but I'm somewhat less confident on the reads.

Wait... You want to lynch me over TWO scumreads, one (the crypto/redff neighbour comment) that I said in my first post as a POSSIBLE read when I hadn't finished my update, and later recanted as inaccurate, and the second being on my eagerness to lynch two very scummy reads, one that ended up as scum? And you are willing to lynch one of the most active scumhunters over a plethora of scummy acting players?

I would have less of an issue over this post if there were like five people left in the game and everyone seemed towny, but even then these are bullshit reads. But for it to be NOW is even worse, sheer insanity, that you would not only vote for me over it, but be pushing to lynch me so hastily. I have never seen such a bullshit comment. Still, it doesn't tell me you are necessarily scummy, as you are scumhunting and there are, as I said, a plethora of other choices, that appear more scummy even than that comment. For now I am just passing it off as stupidity; even for a scum to say this would be stupid (though maybe not, as stupid reasons still give other scum an opening to quicklynch a townie).

I am just hoping your idiotic post doesn't catch the attention of what could be a very large cohort of scum voters, giving them a slither of a reason to vote me. Let's hope this doesn't cost us the game, because as I saw it, town was on a sure path to victory. I would be ashamed to have participated in a nightless game as town, where town lost; and one which such clear cut scum as this game. Luckily, there does seem to be some (I am hoping they are) townies in this game with their heads screwed on, so it shouldn't come to that.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

"Post 576 you clearly state that you are considering the idea of Mogri "pushing flak" onto "town-redFF." Everything I've seen regarding your Mogri case thus far has been contingent on red being town, and your initial read of him has redFF-scum pushing Mogri-town. But yet a redFF-scum flip not only doesn't change your opinion (as evidenced by the fact that you were voting him as of when I replaced and were adamant about his scumminess) but it puts him into the TOP SPOT for a lynch. This is extremely inconsistent reasoning, and reeks of scum to me."

Completely untrue. Your two first sentences contradict each other. CONSIDERING that he was vs. EVERYTHING about my case. My case clearly had more to say than Mogri's interactions with red, and vice versa. And you miss the crux of it anyway. Even IF my entire case was on whether or not Mogri thought redFF was town, the fact that there are potentially two or more scum neighbourhoods means that Mogri could still be scum, and thinking redFF was town - it simply means Mogri would be another coloured mafia.

Maybe I should go through and highlight EVERY instance where another player has contradicted him/herself in terms of there scumreads (and the example you gave of mine isn't even a contradiction) and show you how many times you must have overlooked other players that have actually contradicted themselves. I already highlighted one with Hiraki, and showed that one simple contradiction, while a scumtell, isn't enough to say 'ok, we got him boys, lynch the fucker'. I reckon I could present an entire list of instances of bandwagon flipping, opinion changing without explaining why or backing it up with feasible evidence, logical fallacies, scummy players forgetting who they should vote for and why, potential bussing and quickly changing to 'no, they are a saint', quick votes for the fuck of it and disinterested players, probably because they are missing out on the joy of their desired NK (understandable, but obviously still a scumtell).

And you pick me up on one supposed contradiction you didn't even think about. Fucking ridiculous. And now I suppose you will accuse me of being scummy for overeacting. Fuck it. I am town and you should know it. The only person with 'extremely inconsistent reasoning' here, is you. Tempted to lynch you whether you are scum or not, because of your fucked up logic that is going to ruin town. But even while angry, I know better. You obviously don't.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Mogri »

In post 929, Pine wrote:Translation: "Graaaah, I'm caught for the wrong reasons!"

You've said this twice now and I still don't know what you mean. What is the right reason to catch someone?
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by Mogri »

In post 931, TeChNoWC wrote:But the reasoning that we could lynch both is not scummy at all, given the circumstances.

And if that were all, then I'd agree, but he seems perfectly happy to also lynch inte. Now for your homework assignment: read this post and tell me how peta's statement reads to you.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 515, TeChNoWC wrote:I just went over all of red's and mogri's posts. Mogri says relatively nothing which seems scummy. He contributes very little. His 'detrimental to town' (he says detrimental twice) sounds like something a scum might say. Other than that, I see little on him.

red says a bit more, but always little tiny posts with nothing but dry humour or taunts, no real scumhunting. While I hate mogri's wording, he was right in saying that red's comment on inte was useless. How is someone being mafia in another game mean that they are likely to be mafia in this game? Unless you can show they are behaving tactically the same, which he made no comment to, how is it at all relevant? I don't find any of red's comments relevant other than when he declared V/LA.

Both seem lynch worthy, red more so.

In post 573, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 571, mb53 wrote:
In post 543, noraaa wrote:TeCh I think the only person on my radar you really didn't talk about was mb. I can't decide if he's incompetent, or scum (no offense to mb but).

In post 540, Mogri wrote:
In post 485, redFF wrote:How was my early setup spec detrimental to town in any way? I had relevant information and I shared it.

I've explained this already, but Ythan's past setups are not especially relevant to this game. None of the VTs has information on the setup and your speculation is effectively a VT softclaim. Scumteam has better knowledge about the setup, and if they happen to know that this is
not
mountainous, then you've eliminated yourself as a potential PR.

That's assuming you're town. Your motivation as scum is obvious PR-fishing.

PROVE ME WRONG, HATERS

Well, I must say, that read was full of shit and there is nothing I really want to respond to. But after my time off, I have flipped on red. After an ISO, I see the only thing he has done is talk about it being mountainous and join whichever bandwagon he pleases with very 'meh' reasons.

And since morgi doesn't have enough support for a lynch...
unvote, vote: redff

TeCh I think the only person on my radar you really didn't talk about was mb. I can't decide if he's incompetent, or scum (no offense to mb but).

None taken. I know I'm not a mafia-playing master. Not even close.

Myself either.

Posts like the one you quoted above of Mogri's are making me even more suspicious of him. I am starting to feel more definite about him being scum than red, in some ways.

I would still like to see your scumreads though. Top three. If the mogri bandwagon can get going, I personally wouldn't hesitate in lynching him. Most of the people that think red is scum seem to have Mogri in their scumreads as well, and some people still attest to red being scum. I would like the scumreads to see if there is a clear nine in support of someone scummy. I'm keeping a tally, don't worry. This ball needs to get rolling and fast.

In post 744, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 743, UberNinja wrote:
In post 739, Mogri wrote:UN, I'm scummy, what more do you need to know

not sure if srs...

In post 739, Mogri wrote:What about NS? What is the NS deal?

NS is scummy cause he wants to lynch people that he knows aren't scum (me), and subconsciously admitted it while making a huge fabricated OMGUS post that has nothing whatsoever to do with me being scum.

Here's where he does it: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p4022718

And here's where I call him out: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4022815

In post 739, Mogri wrote:Also, what are the odds that there is actually only one scum team and Ythan is trolling us?

I'd say extremely low based on just about everything I know about Mafia, this site, and Ythan.

Though I'd say it is scummy for you to insinuate that, and it makes you more likely to be on another color scum team, and trying to make people think it doesn't exist.

Mogri's scumclaim looks like classic scum double bluff.

And yeah, his insinuation was scummy.

You feel he has a case now? I think it would be much better to lynch Mogri today, since, like I said earlier, NS hasn't been on for awhile and will likely get replaced, so then D3 we can get shit out of the replacement.

In post 637, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 615, petapan wrote:why are people freaking out about deadline did any of you read the rules to this game

or even the title of the game

True. I looked for rules but didn't see the scum button, assumed there were only basic rules and we would find out what happened at the end of a day when it happened.

Seems we don't need to focus on numbers for a lynch.

That being said, we still need to be sorting out the mogri/red debate, because a hunch tells me that if there are no NK's (I'm assuming there aren't?) then there is a lot of scum in this game (again, indicative of the large number of scumreads) and the town majority is not that large. Getting a wrong vote could have disastrous effects on town's majority. Some people were saying that a D1 lynch is not that important, and that we can't make an accurate decision, but I think in this game particularly, lynching a mafia D1 is imperative.

I'm currently undecided about the red/mogri debate, both seem scum; I really wish the two were giving more input in defending themselves so we can get a more accurate read. Red, saying there is no case against you is bullshit, read back to my initial posts, there's a few points there and others have contributed as well. At this point I think you should be giving a better case. I'm not so hung up on the policy lynch issue, but it's just one of a sample of bad votes you've performed.

In post 649, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 647, crypto wrote:God, Jesus fucking Christ, I just wanted to quick-hammer redFF.

Mogri is coming across scummier. We could as easily quicklynch him; maybe.

In post 689, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 688, UberNinja wrote:did i mention that i FUCKING LOVE how NOBODY is giving me the Mogri case?

cause, yeah

Just a vibe. He speaks technically and his posts seem to have no uniform purpose, like he is picking random things to say to hide his scumness. His general reaction to scumhunting in that he interjects at odd times with odd comments that achieve nothing. He never bothered to give me scumreads (from memory, correct me if I am wrong), he just tries to throw random suspiscions on others but doesn't seem contemplative of his suspiscions, emotionally engaged with them or even assured of what he is trying to say. He is trying to fly under the radar with a very odd style that just screams scum.

I won't doubt that other players are doing similar things, but that doesn't make Mogri any less scummy, just that we potentially have a large neighbourhood of scum.

Been looking back through NS, I can't read him properly. He offers little. I would say neutral, leaning towards scum. Inte is my next analysis project :P

This enough evidence that your ONE stupid idea about the two of them having roles dependent on the other is bullshit. You must have skimmed through and seen my earlier post about the mogri wagon, which I recanted, and decided this was my whole case. Read up mate, there is plenty there, and NOTHING about what you said.

Tommorrow I will attempt to present a list of EVERY scummy action since the start of the game, that I am assuming will be an entire page long post, just for your reading. For now, I'm off to get fucked up.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 942, Mogri wrote:
In post 931, TeChNoWC wrote:But the reasoning that we could lynch both is not scummy at all, given the circumstances.

And if that were all, then I'd agree, but he seems perfectly happy to also lynch inte. Now for your homework assignment: read this post and tell me how peta's statement reads to you.

I agreed with peta's reading at the time, and inte's comment did come across as scummy, as I stated earlier. Peta does worry me though... He seems too eager and potentially tries to draw attention away from himself, but I have no big scumreads on him. I wish he did more scumhunting and gave a little bit more input, but overall he is pretty good with it so far. I understand why you might think this comment is slightly scummy (his eagerness to lynch shines through here) but that can also be a towntell.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by UberNinja »

wow, techno just started posting
a lot
as soon as somebody voted him.

this needs exploring.

unvote; vote: techno
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Mogri: Blatant ad hom noted, and not appreciated. I'd like it if you would refrain from insulting my intelligence in the future.

Scare tactics also noted. Before I get to actually addressing your posts, let's do a little math.

First, we'll make a few basic assumptions based on simple balance and what we've seen so far in the game.

1. There are 2 scumteams.
2. The scumteams are the same size.
3. The total amount of scum is approximately 1/3 of the town, or 6 players.
4. The scum cannot kill.
5. The setup is mountainous.

This leaves us with a 10-3-3 game to start, and puts us at 10-3-2 right now. The absolute worst case scenario, where we proceed to mislynch every day from today forward, puts us at the point of being unable to win when we hit 2-3-2, at which point we would be in a situation where optimal play would be for all of the scum to claim and we would then decide which scumteam to eliminate, as the scum with 3 members, while numerically superior to each other faction, could not force a lynch on its own, and we, after helping one scumteam eliminate the other, would not regain majority status, regardless of which team we sided with.

That leaves us with EIGHT potential mislynches before we can no longer win. But yet, by accusing you of being scum I could "cost us the game" and "ruin town." Forgive me if I find such claims absolutely laughable and, in fact, much more likely to come from scum having a knee-jerk reaction to unexpected pressure than a townie with as much confidence in his own abilities as you seem to have.

Now, to respond to your actual points.

Wait... You want to lynch me over TWO scumreads, one (the crypto/redff neighbour comment) that I said in my first post as a POSSIBLE read when I hadn't finished my update, and later recanted as inaccurate, and the second being on my eagerness to lynch two very scummy reads, one that ended up as scum? And you are willing to lynch one of the most active scumhunters over a plethora of scummy acting players?

1. Your first comment is a clear misrepresentation of what I said. I don't particularly care about what your initial read of the situation was. What I care about, and I was very clear on this, is how you got from claiming that Mogri was the target of a scum-driven wagon, to having him as a viable lynch candidate. I felt that your stated thought process looked quite a bit like scum deciding "hey, this is a potentially easy mislynch, maybe I should get in on the action and see where it goes." Specifically, let's look at all of your comments regarding Mogri from the time you replaced in to the time you expressed clear support for his wagon.

post 500 wrote:- crypto and FF have been acting like neighbours the whole game. Makes me think the Mogri bandwagon is a mafia lynch plot.

post 505 wrote:I really didn't feel Mogri deserved a bandwagon and if anyone should have a bandwagon at this stage it should be red. Planning on checking up on some more of mogri's posts too because he did seem somewhat scummy, but nothing that stood out yet where I could go 'aha! So that's why he's getting flak!'.

post 513 wrote:The more I read up on mogri the more 'scum vibes' I am getting but nothing stand outish

post 515 wrote:Mogri says relatively nothing which seems scummy. He contributes very little. His 'detrimental to town' (he says detrimental twice) sounds like something a scum might say. Other than that, I see little on him.

Now, in the same post as that last quote you identify redFF and Mogri as your top 2 scumreads and express a willingness to lynch either of them. Now, I can't read your mind, so from where I'm standing you were having trouble figuring out why Mogri had a wagon, got some completely nonspecific "scum vibes" from him which weren't enough to make him stand out to you, and then decided that since he doesn't say enough, and called something "detrimental to the town" he was scummy enough for a lynch. This doesn't add up to me, ESPECIALLY in regards to the rest of your response to me, but I'll get to that.

2. The second thing that you say I accused you of being scum for is being eager to lynch "two very scummy reads, one of which ended up being scum." Again, I feel that I've been misrepresented here, or at least misunderstood. Things like this:

post 576 wrote:Another thing that has occured to me is that Mogri and BB were pushing the red wagon pretty hard. Is it that they are both scum trying to push flak of themselves onto a town lynch? I realise scum will often draw attention to other scum to save themselves, but they are pushing SO hard it seems too convenient for them.

tell me that you were still, at least according to you, linking Mogri and redFF, and reading one based on the other. In the case that you actually believed the above, a scumflip of redFF would warrant at LEAST an updated analysis of the way that Mogri interacted with the scumwagon. I do not remember seeing you do so. In fact, in 696 and 697 you come right out and say that for no other reason than there being potentially two scumgroups, you believe that quicklynching without wagon analysis is acceptable. This is scummy.

3. Your final point here is that I'm attacking you "one of the most active scumhunters" as opposed to "a plethora of scummy acting players." Here's a hint: we're playing a game of mafia. No one is above suspicion, not even you, as much as you may wish you were. I found what I saw of your thought process to be legitimately scummy, and I believe you're pushing a mislynch. I am, therefore, perfectly within my rights as a player, to push for your lynch as an alternative to the current wagons. Active =/= pro-town.

I would have less of an issue over this post if there were like five people left in the game and everyone seemed towny, but even then these are bullshit reads. But for it to be NOW is even worse, sheer insanity, that you would not only vote for me over it, but be pushing to lynch me so hastily. I have never seen such a bullshit comment. Still, it doesn't tell me you are necessarily scummy, as you are scumhunting and there are, as I said, a plethora of other choices, that appear more scummy even than that comment. For now I am just passing it off as stupidity; even for a scum to say this would be stupid (though maybe not, as stupid reasons still give other scum an opening to quicklynch a townie).

Translation: Stop attacking me and I'll consider letting it go. Continue and I'll make you sorry. By the way you're an idiot.

Please tell me why you are deserving of being completely above suspicion, and why anyone who DARES call you scum is stupid or scum themselves.

I am just hoping your idiotic post doesn't catch the attention of what could be a very large cohort of scum voters, giving them a slither of a reason to vote me. Let's hope this doesn't cost us the game, because as I saw it, town was on a sure path to victory. I would be ashamed to have participated in a nightless game as town, where town lost; and one which such clear cut scum as this game. Luckily, there does seem to be some (I am hoping they are) townies in this game with their heads screwed on, so it shouldn't come to that.

Pure scare tactics.

Kairyuu wrote:"Post 576 you clearly state that you are considering the idea of Mogri "pushing flak" onto "town-redFF." Everything I've seen regarding your Mogri case thus far has been contingent on red being town, and your initial read of him has redFF-scum pushing Mogri-town. But yet a redFF-scum flip not only doesn't change your opinion (as evidenced by the fact that you were voting him as of when I replaced and were adamant about his scumminess) but it puts him into the TOP SPOT for a lynch. This is extremely inconsistent reasoning, and reeks of scum to me."

Completely untrue. Your two first sentences contradict each other. CONSIDERING that he was vs. EVERYTHING about my case. My case clearly had more to say than Mogri's interactions with red, and vice versa. And you miss the crux of it anyway. Even IF my entire case was on whether or not Mogri thought redFF was town, the fact that there are potentially two or more scum neighbourhoods means that Mogri could still be scum, and thinking redFF was town - it simply means Mogri would be another coloured mafia.

1. My wording was ambiguous I suppose. The second sentence should say "Everything I've seen regarding your ONGOING Mogri case thus far has been contingent on red being town, and it started as redFF-scum pushing Mogri-town." What I was getting at was that you started with one (dependent) read of the two, progressed to another (still dependent) read, and then when your initial read, which you had discarded by then, was shown to have had potential by a redFF scumflip, you didn't even THINK about reconsidering your case in terms of the new evidence (a protown move) and instead pushed for a Mogri lynch immediately (a scummy move).

2. In fact, your "case" can be summed up as "I don't like the way he plays, and he's linking himself with redFF, who I also think is scum." Let's go over each and every actual mention of WHY Mogri was scummy D1.

post 515 wrote: Mogri says relatively nothing which seems scummy. He contributes very little. His 'detrimental to town' (he says detrimental twice) sounds like something a scum might say. Other than that, I see little on him.

post 576 wrote:Another thing that has occured to me is that Mogri and BB were pushing the red wagon pretty hard. Is it that they are both scum trying to push flak of themselves onto a town lynch?

post 689 wrote:Just a vibe. He speaks technically and his posts seem to have no uniform purpose, like he is picking random things to say to hide his scumness. His general reaction to scumhunting in that he interjects at odd times with odd comments that achieve nothing. He never bothered to give me scumreads (from memory, correct me if I am wrong), he just tries to throw random suspiscions on others but doesn't seem contemplative of his suspiscions, emotionally engaged with them or even assured of what he is trying to say. He is trying to fly under the radar with a very odd style that just screams scum.

So, he's not saying what you believe is "enough," he's using words that you don't particularly like, he's linked to redFF, and he has a "very odd style." Nice "case."

3. As for your hypothetical, the fact that it's a possibility does not mean it's the ONLY possibility, or that it's even the most LIKELY possibility. The only reason you would have for completely ignoring the fact that redFF flipping scum calls for a reread of Mogri would be if you were scum hoping to cash in on what you already knew had the potential to be an easy lynch based on the size of the wagon D1.

Maybe I should go through and highlight EVERY instance where another player has contradicted him/herself in terms of there scumreads (and the example you gave of mine isn't even a contradiction) and show you how many times you must have overlooked other players that have actually contradicted themselves. I already highlighted one with Hiraki, and showed that one simple contradiction, while a scumtell, isn't enough to say 'ok, we got him boys, lynch the fucker'. I reckon I could present an entire list of instances of bandwagon flipping, opinion changing without explaining why or backing it up with feasible evidence, logical fallacies, scummy players forgetting who they should vote for and why, potential bussing and quickly changing to 'no, they are a saint', quick votes for the fuck of it and disinterested players, probably because they are missing out on the joy of their desired NK (understandable, but obviously still a scumtell).

Translation: I'm about to start flinging accusations at anyone and everyone I possibly can in the hopes that it distracts from the case you made against me.

Nice try, but shit-flinging is ALSO a scummy move. In fact, lack thereof is one of the reasons I think Mogri is town.

And you pick me up on one supposed contradiction you didn't even think about. Fucking ridiculous. And now I suppose you will accuse me of being scummy for overeacting. Fuck it. I am town and you should know it. The only person with 'extremely inconsistent reasoning' here, is you. Tempted to lynch you whether you are scum or not, because of your fucked up logic that is going to ruin town. But even while angry, I know better. You obviously don't.

1. Oh, I thought about what you've been doing. I thought about it plenty. Why do you think I'm voting you right now? :cool:

2. Just because you acknowledge that you're performing a scummy action and then say "but I'm totally not scum" doesn't mean that the action is any less scummy. You ARE overreacting, and it IS scummy.

3. I should "know" that you're town based on what? Your rugged good looks?

4. Funny, but in the entirety of these two posts I've not seen a single mention until now of MY reasoning being inconsistent. Pray tell, where are these so called inconsistencies in what I've said?

5. Translation: I
really
want to OMGUS you right now, but I realize that it'll make me look even worse, so I'm going to pretend to take the high road and throw a few more insults out there for good measure.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 am

Post by Pine »

In post 930, crypto wrote:if he's caught for the wrong reasons then fucking vote him.

Correctly caught, but not for what HE considers the right reasons. It happens all the time when scum get wagoned and they can't figure out where they slipped up. Usually they didn't, they got wagoned and reacted badly, so they react even worse, and they get lynched. That's what's happening here. There's a kind of universal "BUT WHY? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!" vibe from them. Seriously, Crypto, learning the game is for the Newbie queue.

Unvote
Vote: Mogri

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:56 am

Post by Pine »

In post 941, Mogri wrote:
In post 929, Pine wrote:Translation: "Graaaah, I'm caught for the wrong reasons!"

You've said this twice now and I still don't know what you mean. What is the right reason to catch someone?

This is actually an excellent example of what I'm talking about. Techo has started to do it over Kairyuu's vote, too.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

Uber wrote:wow, techno just started posting a lot as soon as somebody voted him.

this needs exploring.
UBER JOINED THE WEEK AGO AND HAS 88 POSTS

ARE YOU FUCKING READING?!?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”