callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:03 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 674, Fritzler wrote:T-Bone, I would like to create a coalition of the willing with you to lynch the other 2-3 lynches we have (I don't know if the Izak lynch counts). Who do you think we should let in our coalition and why? We need 8 other members.

Is Mastermind of Sin in this game? He hasn't posted. If he had, I would nominate him to be part of the town death squad.

He is in this game, and hasn't posted. I don't see how you can tell one non-poster from another alignment-wise, though, because there's nothing to go on (except potential role info, which shouldn't be outed
this
early). No matter how good a player is, they can't magically skew the mod to make them town.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:05 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Not sure I like the idea of a coalition, because it could contain clever scum that then get to coast (I am assuming coalition members would be less viable to have other coalition members keep tabs on them). But if you can post a list of who you think should be in it, humour us. It might be a way of getting the ball rolling, but not a good idea in the long run, though I could be wrong. I've never actually seen it in action, just wary of the idea.

And yes, picking someone as town who hasn't posted at all is insane. A good player who could potentially be scum (and we have absolutely no idea) is a MAJOR risk to town, far worse than an inexperienced scum. They fall off much easier, generally.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:13 am

Post by UberNinja »

yes! the mimes are gone.

further paving the way for my own sole victory after i kill each and every one of--

... am I saying this out loud?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

MoS is actually where I got that idea from Fritz. He did it in a game I played with him, and I thought it was appropriate for such a large game. He isn't in this game.

Players I like a lot are Rhinox, Chevre, Chronopie, Callforjudgement. Players I like but only as a friend are you, Muffin, Spyrex, Hoopla, Techno. Players I like as town and need to post more, Armun, Imaginality, Syndrome, and NS. I think Kariyuu's move with Izak and Iceguy makes him a townie too. I think I'm up to 17 on my town reads, 17/43? isn't too bad.

EDIT for Call: MoS is in this game? I would have thought he'd post by now if he was.

MOAR EDIT for Tech: Really my hope for a coalition is to get rid of the players who aren't scumhunting or posting meaningful content. I'd be a fool to think that my town reads are perfect. Once we get down to a more manageable playerlist, scumhunting will be easier. I have no doubt that we won't take out scum while we whittle down the playerlist. We will probably end up getting rid of townies who are just plain not taking the game seriously.

Look at the Mimes though. Were any of those players really and truly contributing to any scumhunting or any discussion? Now admittedly they wanted to be lynched. I think early in it's easy for some antitown players to either post low content (Moneybags, Uberninja) or spam the thread with garbage (Matt).

I'm not the type of player to confirm anyone to any alignment. Just because you can act like town on Day 1, doesn't mean you can keep up the act the whole game. I entered the game asking for a death squad, because it's a huge game. We need to get rid of the no content players.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 am

Post by Fritzler »

I just say we get 10 people who post often to lynch as quick as possible. Deal?
Surfs up dude.
Milk
Milk
Townie
Milk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:17 am

Post by Milk »

My reads aren't random technowc. Does spyrex really seem town to you? or are my reads random because I didn't state why?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:19 am

Post by UberNinja »

fun fact: there's probably at least 3-4 scum in your 17/43 town reads, t-bone

the odds alone dictate this.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

unvote vote moneybags

join us then fritz
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 681, UberNinja wrote:fun fact: there's probably at least 3-4 scum in your 17/43 town reads, t-bone

the odds alone dictate this.

how many scum are in this game?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 am

Post by UberNinja »

off hand i'd say about 8-12
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:22 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Ok, I am intrigued. How would the deathsquad work? How would it be any different from suspected townies working together and sifting through the other bullshit posters? Just because we immediately become a coalition, doesn't mean we will agree on everything. Does a coalition have a 'leader' of sorts that is like 'the towniest of townies?'

My concern in a big game is, there are potentially 10 scum right? Or at least close to. Or maybe even more. Which means it is easy for them to gang up on town, if they so desire. Lynches plus NKs and all hell breaks lose. I'm wondering how this coalition not only speeds up lynches (which isn't all that necessary really), but actually helps us make more educated decisions.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 684, UberNinja wrote:off hand i'd say about 8-12

so what you're saying is you don't think tbones town reads are any better than random?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Fritzler »

In post 685, TeChNoWC wrote:Ok, I am intrigued. How would the deathsquad work? How would it be any different from suspected townies working together and sifting through the other bullshit posters? Just because we immediately become a coalition, doesn't mean we will agree on everything. Does a coalition have a 'leader' of sorts that is like 'the towniest of townies?'

My concern in a big game is, there are potentially 10 scum right? Or at least close to. Or maybe even more. Which means it is easy for them to gang up on town, if they so desire. Lynches plus NKs and all hell breaks lose. I'm wondering how this coalition not only speeds up lynches (which isn't all that necessary really), but actually helps us make more educated decisions.

Yes, I would be the leader, and I would tell everyone who to vote for. It would be glorious.
Surfs up dude.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:27 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 680, Milk wrote:My reads aren't random technowc. Does spyrex really seem town to you? or are my reads random because I didn't state why?

I would go with your reads are random because you didn't state why, this always gets my scum alarm ringing. I read up on Spyrex and I could see how he could potentially be scummy (he doesn't fit a town 101 profile, that's for sure) but he is neutral in my read; I wouldn't say I have any vibe that he is town nor scum, and I find it hard to read him. That being said, I don't know why someone would vote for someone who is POSSIBLY MAYBE scum and give no reason why. That just seems scummy to me.

@Fritzler, lol. Your obedient deathsquad awaits you, ready to serve to whatever end, oh master of grandeur and towniness.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

I really don't like lynching as quickly as possible. I'd still like to make informed lynches.

Nothing is perfect Techno.

I don't doubt it UN. The math doesn't lie.

I don't think so Fritz...it was my idea :P.

manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:29 am

Post by manho »

28 pages.

i will skip them all.

is there TL;DR?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:30 am

Post by redFF »

In post 653, TeChNoWC wrote:Inclined to think Milk might be a better lynch. Moneybags might not be giving reasons and seems to just be picking on randoms that give an appearance of scumminess, and seems like a pretty big non-contributor (plus yeah, buddying with BB is a concern), but Milk is behaving the same way. Gonna check the guys milk is after, but I swear it seems like a bussing tactic. He seems uber convinced Money is scum, and I could think of nothing better for a scum to do at this stage than lynch one of his buddies so he gets chucked in the town pool and forgotten.

In regards to the redFF issue, I think he is town because I have played with him as scum, and his playstyle is quite different. He is contributing a lot more in this game, and actually scumhunting. As scum he just defended himself and took shots at others.

what game was this?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:30 am

Post by Fritzler »

In post 689, T-Bone wrote:I really don't like lynching as quickly as possible. I'd still like to make informed lynches.

Nothing is perfect Techno.

I don't doubt it UN. The math doesn't lie.

I don't think so Fritz...it was my idea :P.

I was talking about it in scumchat before I signed up for the game. FYI.
Surfs up dude.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:31 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Can you narrow it down to ten townies then (from your list) so I can read up and give feedback on what I think?
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:32 am

Post by manho »

ok, i lied. i've read the opening post.

but what's a mime?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:32 am

Post by redFF »

Oh i know the game, and it's ongoing lol.

also didn't see moneybags was in the game
vote:moneybags

policy.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:33 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 690, manho wrote:28 pages.

i will skip them all.

is there TL;DR?

We policy lynched Chesskid. We lynched MiniLib. We tried to lynch Izak but he got Governor and IceGuy was Daykilled in his place. The Mime faction lost because of this.

TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:33 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 691, redFF wrote:
In post 653, TeChNoWC wrote:Inclined to think Milk might be a better lynch. Moneybags might not be giving reasons and seems to just be picking on randoms that give an appearance of scumminess, and seems like a pretty big non-contributor (plus yeah, buddying with BB is a concern), but Milk is behaving the same way. Gonna check the guys milk is after, but I swear it seems like a bussing tactic. He seems uber convinced Money is scum, and I could think of nothing better for a scum to do at this stage than lynch one of his buddies so he gets chucked in the town pool and forgotten.

In regards to the redFF issue, I think he is town because I have played with him as scum, and his playstyle is quite different. He is contributing a lot more in this game, and actually scumhunting. As scum he just defended himself and took shots at others.

what game was this?

We've only played one other game together, from memory. Ythan's game. I might have generalised a bit, but your style seems vastly different in this game.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:34 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 664, T-Bone wrote:What I meant is that there are many players like Moneybags with low post counts and no content, and are we going to start lynching them all?

No, lynching active town players for doing things that multiple people did before them is obviously a much better strategy.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:34 am

Post by Fritzler »

In post 697, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 691, redFF wrote:

what game was this?

We've only played one other game together, from memory. Ythan's game. I might have generalised a bit, but your style seems vastly different in this game.
IT'S A TELL! LYNCH HIM!
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”