Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:56 am

Post by Venmar »

I never said anyone has to answer the questions, so why are you getting mad at me? I actually specifically said it twice in that post, you do not have to answer them.
The last two questions were useless, okay, so why do they matter so much to you?

PEdit: When do you ever think about this stuff :lol:
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Thomith »

if you didn't mind if people didn't answer them and had no real reason for them what was the point in them?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Venmar »

To get something going.

Clearly, something is going.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 25, Venmar wrote:I never said anyone has to answer the questions, so why are you getting mad at me? I actually specifically said it twice in that post, you do not have to answer them.
The last two questions were useless, okay, so why do they matter so much to you?

Im not getting mad, im trying to play damage controll at this point and get a read on you.

The last two are the ones im least concerned about because they can only make noise which really there is no good way of avoiding in this game eventually either way. Its just good not to intentionally kick it up. Some of the others have potential to damage town though so im shutting down the discussion before scum gets the information that they normally have to work to figure out handed over to them.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 27, Venmar wrote:To get something going.

Like.... ?
Co-host of The USL Show
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Venmar »

A discussion.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:03 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 30, Venmar wrote:A discussion.

On?

Im not sure how you can get any discussion off of RQS that is not "you are scum for RQS" or "you are scum for theory X"
Co-host of The USL Show
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 am

Post by Thomith »

but if you didn't mind if people didn't answer them and then something gets going (like it has) then they can just ignore the thing that is going and fly under the radar to begin with, which will likely happen if people just ignore the questions.
Venmar if we started discussing pizza as a random example would that be good, as that is discussion, point is if you start discussion make sure you at least have a reason/know what you are doing/ start a reasonable discussion.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Venmar »

Random Questioning Stage (RQS) :

Advantages
Actually looks for how people take stances.
Instigates further discussion.

Avoids mindless random voting, which some view as accomplishing nothing to get the game rolling.

If you prefer a bunch of random voting. Go ahead my friend.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:13 am

Post by Thomith »

you seem against random voting, but you did it anyway, why?

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Venmar »

Not necessarily against it, but rather not really supportive of it. I prefer questions over random votes.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Thomith »

venmar wrote:Not necessarily against it, but rather not really supportive of it.

thomith wrote: but you did it anyway, why?

Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 am

Post by Chimera »

Votecount 1.3

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-08 14:40:00)

raspberrylicous (1) -- Thomith
Kassadin (1) -- BK201
Venmar (1) -- LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff (2) -- LowMan, Venmar

Not voting--raspberrylicious, Arugula, andrew94, TeCHNoWC, BwBurke, Kassadin, The1fifi, Nachomamma8
Show
Some people are like slinkies--not good for much but always bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.

If you see me joining a large game, please smack me repeatedly.

Just slightly V/LA now.

Open 402 -- Hard Boiled Game over, 53 pages: 0 replacements needed.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Venmar »

It was a extra touch to my questions. I think the questions are a better way of starting conversations than Random votes, though i never said the RV is useless. I added in a random vote with the questions to help start the discussion. Seeing how almost everyone else did as well with their answers, i don't see the harm.

Question for Thomith

Are you necessarily against RQS and favor RVS instead? Which do you prefer and which do you think is more useful to get things going?

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Thomith »

i prefer both together, as i feel it gets discussion going quickest, so i guess i sort of agree with you, however i find the way you worded it weird, as if you were against RVS but i think i may be overreacting a little to that bit.

Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Arugula »

VOTE: andrew94

Because I have a cousin named Andrew that I hate.

Also, hello everyone. I couldn't even get a random vote in without being ninja'd.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 11:14 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ugh Venmar is wrong on all accounts theory wise but I think he actually believes what he is talking about here. Really though RQS is horrible and this is from someone who also hates RVS. Best way to break it is to call anyone scum for some really small tell and just drag the game out of the RVS that way.

@Arugula - What do you think of Venmar?
@Thomith - Why do you still have your random vote out?

BK is town for approaching the tracker/vig thing from the town POV.
Co-host of The USL Show
Kassadin
Kassadin
Goon
Kassadin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Kassadin »

1) Do you prefer playing as town, scum or third party? 3rd party
2) How many games have you played so far on this site? 6ish
3) How do you feel about lurking, active lurking, and lying? Assume you don’t know the reason for any of these. Why not?
4) What role do you like to or want to play as the most? Vigilante or Cop
5) Coke or Pepsi? Coke
6) DC Comics or Marvel? Neither
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 am

Post by andrew94 »

My first thought when i read post 1, is that venmar seems to try hard to be neutral
' its not mandatory for you to answer' and 'again you dont have to answer'
It seems he doenst wanna 'piss' anyone off, i.e. playing as scum

I agree with llama's logic of tracker> vig, however you are missing one important point.
The whole point of the vig is to take matters into your own hands.
Trying to lynch someone but everyone wont listen? bam!

@ Lowman huh?
@ Venmar huh? argument invalid = hes scum? what???

BK is rolefishing
Bk is backtracking

@ Argula awww

@ Llama HOw did he approach the tracker/vig thing from town POV. I see that post as rolefishing. You however, are approaching it from a town POV.

kassadin as always...
vote Venmar
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 41, LlamaFluff wrote:Ugh Venmar is wrong on all accounts theory wise but I think he actually believes what he is talking about here. Really though RQS is horrible and this is from someone who also hates RVS. Best way to break it is to call anyone scum for some really small tell and just drag the game out of the RVS that way.

@Thomith - Why do you still have your random vote out?

BK is town for approaching the tracker/vig thing from the town POV.

Again, never said i hate RVS. I simply prefer RQS over random voting. Questions get you farther in my opinion than random votes that usually are posted in a humorous or un meaningful manner. You saying a RQS is a horrible idea is obviously your opinion and i won't argue about that with you. I on one hand think it is not a bad concept and the wiki does not disagree. Obviously one should i base his actions completely off of the wiki, but in this case where we are talking about strategies to start off the game, the wiki agrees with me.

Question for Llama

Why do you hate RQS so much when clearly me starting it has already sparked a discussion? If this was RVS than we would still be speculating off of votes that most were made in a humorous manner, and therefor most are actually useless to use until someone makes a stupid mistake, and thus a possible slip.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Venmar »

@ Andrew

What is your reason for voting for me, you haven't presented all that much against me other than me saying Llama is scum. Which i actually never said. I never called llama scum nor mafia. I made the vote on what i reckoned was poor reasoning at the time. Not satisfied, i knew voting for him would be more benefitial than keeping my random vote on BK.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 44, Venmar wrote:Why do you hate RQS so much when clearly me starting it has already sparked a discussion? If this was RVS than we would still be speculating off of votes that most were made in a humorous manner, and therefor most are actually useless to use until someone makes a stupid mistake, and thus a possible slip.

RQS sparks theory discussions which are a side point in most open games where they should end at things such as "tracker is best" and maybe get into "hider claim + track follow" although thats not as big and im still mulling that one vs hypo-hide over. RQS doesnt get us out of the RQS stage outside of disagreements about how the game should be played, or attacking the one who started the RQS. Both are dull and pointless, but RVS if everyone is willing to end it fast poses less damage risk.

andrew94 wrote:@ Llama HOw did he approach the tracker/vig thing from town POV. I see that post as rolefishing. You however, are approaching it from a town POV.

He is looking at it from the benifit of clearing anyone who does an action that didnt target the player who dies. Thats something I think town looks at and actually brings up before scum does.

Vote Kass

Utility.
Co-host of The USL Show
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Arugula »

In post 41, LlamaFluff wrote:

I thought his RQS was pointless, but I did not find it scummy. He was just trying to start conversation, which I guess happened anyway since that seems to be your case on him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Low Key

I feel like he's intentionally doing contributing as little as possible to the game.

@Venmar: So far in the game, I have a townread on Venmar for being stubborn about his questions, although I really hate the vote on Llama. I have a scumread on Thomith for feeling out his vote on you while his vote is in a useless place instead of just voting. I have a townread on Llama for pressuring you for a little while and then backing down when he could have probably pushed you a little more. Scumread on Low Key for doing nothing more than answering the random questions, and for making a joke policy lynch on Llama instead of commenting on the RQS debate or the Venmar vote.

So, the only information the questions brought me was nothing. The only thing it DID bring me was reads based on reactions to the RQS. What did you gain from the questions themselves, Venmar?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Venmar »

@ Nachomamma8 ( Great name by the way )

- I voted for Llama because i didn't really like his reasoning in the first post he made against me. However he made good push on me as i can understand why someone would not be very fond of the RQS. He further goes on blabbering on about the tracker / vigilante role, giving me a fairly good town read.

Everyone Else

- LowKey on the other hand provided literally no information for his very out of the blue policy vote on Llama. Whether he didn't like Llama's vote on me is unknown, but he provided no feedback and right now seems scummy. Empty post providing no feedback on my RQS or Llama's post also don't help. Agreeing with Nacho here.

- BK-201 is once again trying to get Kassadin lynched. He seems to really not like how Kass plays. His contribution to the tracker/vigilante however does seem to be mostly towny. Whether he is trying to role fish i don't really know yet, but whoever the tracker/vigilante is should not claim under any circumstances at this moment. Too early to say what he is yet.

- Andrew is bugging me for not really fully explaining his vote on me. He didn't really comment on the RQS debate between me, Llama and Thomith and instead seemed to base his vote off of how i presented the RQS.. which doesn't make much sense to me. Can understand over-cautious scum but in this case his case seems too thin for my taste. Overall though he hasn't really done much scummy things yet so i am not jumping to conclusions yet.

- Thomith i have a null read on him.. he seemed to be really curious with me and kept asking me questions, trying to get answers. Whether he is to be considered a scum yet i don't know. I don't find the fact hasn't voted on me all that scummy, but again i can see what you mean Nacho. Null for now.

Unvote: LlamaFluff

Return to “Completed Open Games”