Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Hiraki »

As in, the read is non-existant anymore.

I just feel like since my experiences with him and his play in this game point toward town, rather than scum.

In addition, that Mogri flip helped.

And your contributions to this game push my scumread on you farther than inte
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, time to blow this game apart.

Or something.
You can't step in the same river twice.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by noraaa »

In post 1231, crypto wrote:
In post 1224, noraaa wrote:crypto- if you are you're the most dangerous one here.
no, uberninja and kairyuu are. as a matter of principle, i will never put in the effort required to get strong town players lynched, which is necessary for scum to do in nightless games with lots of mislynches (although perhaps not in a game like this where the entire town is flatlining). uberninja and kairyuu, if they are mafia, have proven that they are capable and more than willing to put in such effort.

I disagree, but I'm taking it from a different angle. It's not so much about if you can get town lynched but if you can convince them that you're so town that they don't want to lynch you. UN doesn't fit that, but I can see people being tricked by you and Kairyuu because of your approaches. You are right, you don't put in the further effort.

For now I don't think my vote sits best with you. But I'm not sold entirely. I second guess things a lot.
In post 1236, crypto wrote:feel free to google the fucking lyrics.

jesus christ, you are useless in literally every way.

yeahhh I mean my first thought was literally copy+rightclick+google...

In post 1251, Psyche wrote:Okay, time to blow this game apart.

Or something.

You have spent most of this game apologizing for not being part of it. So step up like you said you were going to do yesterday and the day before. You've also been the hammer twice on a (town) lynch that you didn't really seem to care about.

unvote, vote Psyche
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

None of these are scum-lynching rationales but I accept that you guys are desperate and your votes essentially signify that you are begging me to come save you from uncertainty.

And as I said, I'm on it. Tonight. Knowing this, the vote piling isn't really a necessary or useful thing to do until I renege on my commitment. Your vote, in essence, has no meaning. You'd do better to put some effort into scumhunting with more accuracy. Or pressuring some lurker who is not as commited to posting as I am.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by UberNinja »

associations time. here's my list.

petapan/BBmolla - I'd love to see lynched
BK201 - moderately scummy
Kairyuu/Blonde Doctor - seems town
crypto - not too scummy
Hiraki - seems town
inte - seems town
Matias -seems town
CF Riot/mb53 - seems town
Nobody Special - I'd love to see lynched
noraaa - getting more suspicious
Pine - pretty scummy
Psyche - I'd love to see lynched

i want them from everyone else too.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by noraaa »

In post 1252, noraaa wrote:You've also been the hammer twice on a (town) lynch that you didn't really seem to care about.

In post 1253, Psyche wrote:None of these are scum-lynching rationales but I accept that you guys are desperate and your votes essentially signify that you are begging me to come save you from uncertainty.

And as I said, I'm on it. Tonight. Knowing this, the vote piling isn't really a necessary or useful thing to do until I renege on my commitment. Your vote, in essence, has no meaning. You'd do better to put some effort into scumhunting with more accuracy. Or pressuring some lurker who is not as commited to posting as I am.

Our votes have a meaning if you die from them. As far as I'm concerned you already reneged on your commitment the first ten times you flaked this game. I know that you flake from disinterest but I know that can be a good excuse to hide behind too.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Psyche »

Do you actually think I'm scum, noraaa?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

I hammered on claimed scum. My vote was more justified than anyone else's on Techno in the thread. :/
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

And redff was scum...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, I'm confused. I hammered...who?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1257, Psyche wrote:I hammered on claimed scum. My vote was more justified than anyone else's on Techno in the thread. :/

lol
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by noraaa »

NM I just rechecked. I had it in my head that you had hammered Mogri as well.

I know for sure you hammered and you generally vote in a "eh, I guess if you guys want me to vote sure why not" sort of way. Your contributions haven't been that great. I think you very well could be scum. If you're town, you're not playing to wincon very strongly. And it's hypocritical to tell us our votes are misplaced on you and that we should be hunting when you're not really doing anything of the sort yourself. I know 50 pages is a lot to read but some of us have done so, and you've been in this game for a while. You disappear, come back with "I'll do better" and then you.. don't do much at all, and disappear, and the cycle repeats over and over.

I can't tell if you're flaking as scum or as town because you're not giving me enough to work with.

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by UberNinja »

this ^

also, that early "oops my post got deleted", "oops my other post got deleted", "oops, my OTHER other post got deleted" bullshit is beginning to resurface in my memory

pistols at dawn.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by crypto »

In post 1232, crypto wrote:now, nora, for the third time, do you think i'm scum or do you not think i'm scum?
In post 1232, crypto wrote:now, nora, for the third time, do you think i'm scum or do you not think i'm scum?
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Post by noraaa »

I replied to you crypto.

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by UberNinja »

humor us and reply again
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by crypto »

i don't see a straight yes/no reply.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1261, noraaa wrote:NM I just rechecked. I had it in my head that you had hammered Mogri as well.

I know for sure you hammered and you generally vote in a "eh, I guess if you guys want me to vote sure why not" sort of way. Your contributions haven't been that great. I think you very well could be scum. If you're town, you're not playing to wincon very strongly. And it's hypocritical to tell us our votes are misplaced on you and that we should be hunting when you're not really doing anything of the sort yourself. I know 50 pages is a lot to read but some of us have done so, and you've been in this game for a while. You disappear, come back with "I'll do better" and then you.. don't do much at all, and disappear, and the cycle repeats over and over.

I can't tell if you're flaking as scum or as town because you're not giving me enough to work with.

Gosh, noraa. This reasoning is so...poor. You give a critique of the quality my play and call that a justification for voting me? There's nothing there that suggests that I am scum at all.

And you totally dodged my question — unless your answer is "I don't knoooow because you haven't done much". If that is your answer, then I have to wonder why you're vote is on a null read.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1262, UberNinja wrote:this ^

also, that early "oops my post got deleted", "oops my other post got deleted", "oops, my OTHER other post got deleted" bullshit is beginning to resurface in my memory

pistols at dawn.

It was a stupid reason to vote me then, and is a stupid one now. :|
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

(And I mean REALLY stupid. Like it-got-me-angry stupid.)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1270, Psyche wrote:But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a defense. But OK.

Vote for Nobody Special.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1271, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1270, Psyche wrote:But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a defense. But OK.

Vote for Nobody Special.

I might've but since you put it that way, I no longer feel like it. Umad?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by crypto »

all game you have been devoid of both effort and intellect and you are now putting your uselessness and laziness on a pedestal. don't be a cunt.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

petapan is fine, but potentially redff's scumbud because of the PURE inanity of 665. He initially seems to have been trying to derail the redff wagon with a mogri alternative, but 1153 suggests sincerity.

BK immediately demonstrates that he is on an entirely different wavelength from the rest of us in his first post by voting noraaa for posting for the sake of posting. That makes reading him hard. I still have a null read on him. 

Kairyuu is okay. We'll get more from him.

Crypto is frustrating and I have a bad feeling about him. Despite his...consistent presence in the thread, he doesn't do much. He doesn't engage in analysis, he "fosters the development of the game". However, that seems to be trait of crypto's and I can't say admuch for that. I would expect less or more from him, though, again given his consistent presence in the thread. 

Hiraki sat on the redff wagon without really ever justifying his vote, except for one huge misrep of everything he said. But other than that, he's fine.

Inte, like BK, is on some alternate wavelength. His posts read as pseudointerested scum. He doesn't try scumhunting like BK does, and is far too involved to be a lazy lurker. He voted NS "until I get some analysis done" but all his analysis is pretty sparse. But his ineffectuality doesn't imply any scum motivation. I mean he never "wants to explain" things.  He's participated a lot in the thread, but his play's been just mehful. 
211 can be appraised as a noncommital redff defense (nbd), and his wagon on bbmolla on 332 after my case is the worst of that episode.

Matias's early good eye on redff rules him out as a redff scumbud (unless some poor gambit was pulled). But he gets put off when he votes for Blonde Doctor. The vote makes complete sense, though, psychologically, to me. His pointing out of inanity in UN's initial vote for me seems pretty town to me and his express acknowledgement of uncertainty strikes me as legit. After than, he becomes a lurker. A probtown lurker.

mb53 worked to derail to redff wagon in favor of inte, arguing several times that redff was an insufficient target.  Not necessarily a scumtell, ofc. Maybe he thought inte was scum. But he eventually flips completely on redff for...reasons. 
But CF Riot basically confirms himself as town with the ol' "genuine c/p of extensive scumhunting from notepad" trick. 

NS is like inte, but not as bad. But in another way, he's worse. I'd be okayy with lynching him. CF Riot gave a decent rationale for it.

Noraaa's really nice and her posts are really nice, but none of her posts completely scream townie. She could do better at choosing players to tunnel on, but all of her choices seem pretty genuine. I don't think my read on her will ever change from town. 

Pine's early vote is mehful and seems like an excuse to not do much. But then his whole iso is like that. I want mooore! I tend to always find pine hard to read and always get scumvibes from him. This game is no exception. But still no PING, you know? And I'm pretty empathetic about the exam concerns.

And damned UN. He's not dying today. But I can't get myself to like him. Every post is so consistently repugnant. Oh, well. I'm not a Day Vig, I'll go ahead and tell you.

Bah. This all sucks. Why can't I be better at this? (And why am I asking as if one of you know the secret to improvement?)

I'm in the game now, and I'm not going to drop out. I
will
get my solid scumread one way or another.

I'll start by
voting inte
. Some meta work would help me develop my read on him, so I'll get to that. I've never had much success with the practice, though, tbh.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”