he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1289, Pine wrote:
In post 399, Pine wrote:
In post 385, Psyche wrote:Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.

This is a pretty solid scumpost. Was on the fence on you, Psyche, thanks for clearing it up.

Unvote
Vote: Psyche

Not groundless.

Psyche, for your future scumgames, it is a pretty clear signal that you're scum if you get all blustery and pompous when someone attacks you. Attacking the person instead of their arguments, or simply soldiering on and letting your scumhunting do the talking, is the sign of weak scum.

Okay, so once you lynch me or find out my role some other way, be sure to remember that what you just said here is incorrect.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Psyche »

Don't forget. I want you to realize just how poor your idea of what counts as a scumtell is wrong. That is very important for your future games.

You, too, NS.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

7 Nobody Special (crypto, inte, UberNinja, Psyche, CF Riot, noraaa, Pine) LYNCH

2 Psyche (Hiraki, Nobody Special)
0 inte
0 crypto
0 petapan
0 BK201
0 Kairyuu
0 Hiraki
0 Matias
0 CF Riot
0 noraaa
0 Pine
0 UberNinja

4 Not Voting (petapan, BK201, Kairyuu, Matias)

Congratulations, you have lynched Nobody Special! He was a
Vanilla Townie
!

With 12 alive it's still 7 to lynch.
Your new deadline is June 4th.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1305, noraaa wrote:
In post 1270, Psyche wrote:But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.

I thought I made it perfectly clear that the way you've been acting IS scummy, but not scummy enough to know your alignment for sure, and muddied by your inability to stay in the thread for long at a time.

The way you vote people seems very go with the flow, you don't bring a lot of your own brainwork to the table.

crypto- you seem more town than scum but I'm wary of you. Is that good enough for you?

UN- don't act like you're the only one who has been trying to get NS all game. I totally agree with crypto's latest assessment about the paranoia of NS being a townie who doesn't give a fuck. Which annoys me because I don't get the point of joining a game you aren't willing to play.

But I feel that way about several players at this point. I want to shake them and force them to play.

Where has Matias been, he keeps going awol as of late. And Kairyuu has been pretty awol as well the last few days.

I haven't been playing! What do you expect my play to be like?

Calling me lazy and pointing out instances where I have been lazy just isn't scumhunting, just isn't pointing out scumtells.

I had exaams. I had a drop in motivation to plaay. Feel free to call this "just a bunch of excuses" and continue your poor train of reasoning, but it is not going to turn out in a scumlynch and it definitely is not going to turn out as a reasonable lynch.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 11:01 am

Post by Psyche »

Okay, note to self: "There seems to have been a lot of unwillingness to lynch Player X even though the idea has been pushed a lot" does NOT work as reason to lynch someone.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Pine »

"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1289, Pine wrote:
In post 399, Pine wrote:
In post 385, Psyche wrote:Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.

This is a pretty solid scumpost. Was on the fence on you, Psyche, thanks for clearing it up.

Unvote

Not groundless.

Psyche, for your future scumgames, it is a pretty clear signal that you're scum if you get all blustery and pompous when someone attacks you. Attacking the person instead of their arguments, or simply soldiering on and letting your scumhunting do the talking, is the sign of weak scum.

Okay, let me try to point out where you are wrong.

First off, as I think we learned from this game, overreaction to an attack is not a scumtell.

Second, I did attack UN's argument. I not only called it incredibly stupid, but I explained why after realizing that there was somehow not a consensus regarding this fact.

And I don't think I "soldiered on" much or whatever after doing this. I lost track of the thread.

You've "justified" your vote, but you justified it with an argument that is both fallacious and reliant on false premises.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Vote: Inte

I need to reread with Mog-town/NoSpec-town mindset.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Matias »

Nora: Im still on vacation. This game is nightless so I havent been following it very closely. Vacation ends tomorrow and my catchup will be then, but seriously, slow the fucking lynching down, everyone.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by UberNinja »

CF Riot is town. Matias is looking scummier for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Pine continues to be scummy, but I like his Psyche vote.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1334, UberNinja wrote:CF Riot is town. Matias is looking scummier for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Pine continues to be scummy, but I like his Psyche vote.

Okay. This reads as scummy opportunism. Please justify your vote with reasoning.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by UberNinja »

"Because"
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Psyche »

vote UN
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Hiraki »

zzzzz

pyschecrysomemoar

zzz
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1338, Hiraki wrote:zzzzz

pyschecrysomemoar

zzz

And..?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by CF Riot »

In post 1337, Psyche wrote:
vote UN

Blatant OMGUS. Also, cool post number.

Hikari, you're not off the hook just because we lynched someone else. Address 1324 and 1311, pretty please with sugar.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by noraaa »

In post 1333, Matias wrote: but seriously, slow the fucking lynching down, everyone.

agreed

Psyche- how are you not getting it through your brain that I'm telling you that the way you vote is scummy.

It's not JUST about the lack of content. But yeah, I'm sorry, that's shitty as well. And you can call my reasoning weak all you want. THE WAY YOU VOTE IS SCUMMY.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by noraaa »

Though I am glad to be rid of NS. Totally agree with all that bold shit Pine said. I really don't like the concept of blacklisting/policy lynch but when you play like that as town it's disgraceful and disrespectful to the people who want to play. Selfish, for sure.

Not sure who I'm voting yet so UN and crypto don't even.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1341, noraaa wrote:
In post 1333, Matias wrote: but seriously, slow the fucking lynching down, everyone.

agreed

Psyche- how are you not getting it through your brain that I'm telling you that the way you vote is scummy.

It's not JUST about the lack of content. But yeah, I'm sorry, that's shitty as well. And you can call my reasoning weak all you want. THE WAY YOU VOTE IS SCUMMY.

X.X

I already explained why you're wrong. I suppose there isn't much else to do than repeat again that you are wrong and your reasoning is wrong for previously explained reasons. If you choose to persist in this thinking despite this, then it's not my fault — I've done all I can do.

Just really be sure to try and learn from your mistakes so that your scumdar might be better in other games I decide to care about.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by petapan »

i hate lists but at this point i feel like i need to make one because i'm out of ideas so i guess i'm going to re-read
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1340, CF Riot wrote:
In post 1337, Psyche wrote:
vote UN

Blatant OMGUS. Also, cool post number.

Hikari, you're not off the hook just because we lynched someone else. Address 1324 and 1311, pretty please with sugar.

Two things —
1. Do you reallynthink I voted for UN just because I'm distressed that he voted for me?
2. If so, why do you find this notable?

I don't know why, but we seem to be on different wavelengths this game. Nothing is getting through. Things are getting construed as scummy that are really just neutral events. Maybe I've gotten into a wrong style of defending that somehow elicits misleading affective response.

There has to be some hidden reason behind this.

Maybe if I knew a bit more social psychology, I'd understand better why. Maybe I should take even attacks I find evidently stupid seriously. That does seem to get me into trouble, sometimes — me not taking poor attacks seriously.

But I'm doing it now to little avail. Probably because impressions about me have already ben formed, I guess. I would just try the ever reliable tactic of turning over a new leaf and presenting a distinctively better personality to be judged, but I'm about as much out of ammo as everyone else here. I'm pooped and disinterested and I have no idea anymore of what a scum even looks like!
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by noraaa »

why is my feeling that your voting is scummy bad reasoning?

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1346, noraaa wrote:why is my feeling that your voting is scummy bad reasoning?

In post 1346, noraaa wrote:why is my feeling that your voting is scummy bad reasoning?

If you put it in terms of "feelings", then it isn't reasoning at all. But your opinion isn't, at least explicitly, a feeling, but a belief derived through conscious reasoning.

You say of my posts —
"The way you vote people seems very go with the flow, you don't bring a lot of your own brainwork to the table"

This is bad reasoning because it assumes that something is a scumtell that isn't. You lack explanation of
why
this is scummy, why my laziness is so distinctive from the general laziness faced by both townies and scum that one might reasonably call it "scummy laziness".

I committed a wrong to you guys by neglecting this game. That much is obvious. But my wrong is something generic — not specific to some alliance.

Your idea is that your opinion on my votes is different from your opinion on my general contribution of the thread, but you fail to see what might be an obvious positive correlation between 1) a player's critical attentiveness to the thread and 2) the individuality, quality, and initiative that can be found in that player's posts.

Again, you're calling me out for being lazy instead of for being scum. If you want to punish me for being a lurker, that's fine. I plead guilt. But if you want to lynch scum, your argument is insufficient and your goal won't be achieved by lynching me.

Was that clear? I'm trying hard to be clear.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by UberNinja »

u so funny, Psyche

No seriously, I had a good laugh out of that. Thanks.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, great. I try so hard to make you laugh, UN. You really have no idea.

But the whole "respond to posts by laughing" thing that you seem to do often in this thread instead something more...effectual. Don't you think you could do that along with prducing a more thorough explanation of your, er, thinking?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”