Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:12 am

Post by Zar »

In post 1595, Nuwen wrote:A better question, I guess: Zar, results clearing anyone please?

charter moved from the the 1st Fl. of Denon to the ground floor of the Sully portion. The wording of the result also indicates that I noticed there are windows there that open onto a courtyard.

According to the Louvre map in UberNinja's death scene, La Joconde is located in Denon.

Also, the wording of the newspaper image attached to the morning scene indicates the corpses where found in the sous-sol du musée, which translates as "in the basement of the museum".

I guess this means charter isn't responsible for either of these deaths.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:35 am

Post by shos »

Good. so we've got Charter cleared, Zar cleared. it's 5 tolynch; we have left:
Shos
Hiraki
Vi
Yosarian2
Nuwen
Katsuki

imo, Yos and Nuwen are left alone at the mo; so Hiraki and Katsuki fit, as I thuoght yesterday.

anyway, I've been thinking, and since Parama's nameclaim seemed correct and we definitely could rule him out with the plot - I'm gonna insist that Nuwen will nameclaim already.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I could go for a Katsuki wagon.
Vote:Magua
, who is apparently Kat's replacement.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 am

Post by shos »

oh that's another issue. Magua; reads, thoughts, etc, quick!

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Nuwen »

In post 1601, shos wrote:
anyway, I've been thinking, and since Parama's nameclaim seemed correct and we definitely could rule him out with the plot - I'm gonna insist that Nuwen will nameclaim already.

In post 1449, Nuwen wrote:I'm Astrid, a school girl/fieldtripper.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1597, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1596, Vi wrote:
In post 1593, Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, that's bs, VI. I don't know why there were 2 kills last night any more then you do; most likely there is a second person with some kind of vig ability that didn't or couldn't use it night 1.
This still doesn't solve the three-kills issue. I'll make a judgment when I see a claim, at any rate.
Uh; yes, it would solve the issue actually; that would explain why there are two kills today. We already knew there was at least one blocked kill night 1.
If you had shot scum N1 per your claim, there would be three kills N2. Slightly less ridiculous.

As for two blocked kills N1? Possible but generally unlikely, especially since Nuwen cried out for someone, anyone to claim a blocking role and got no response.

Yos2 1593 wrote:There's no way that you actually believe that I'm scum after I singlehandedly created a Furcolow wagon from absolutely nothing 3 days before deadline, though.
You're right, I don't believe that. You cast a vote on Furcolow seven days before deadline without any particularly defined reason, and returned to it after you got gambited.
Uh, I explained in pretty great detail why I thought he was scum when I voted him the first time, thank you very much. I basically POE's the list down to my 3 most likely suspects, which were Furcolow, Kats, and Parama. I went after Furcolow; I then got distrated over to Parama when he was being stupid, then we got derailed by the gambit, and then after that was over I went back to Parama.

And yes, when I voted for Furcolow 3 days before deadline and told everyone to "stop doing stupid things and follow me" after the stupid cop gambit, there was no one else voting for him at the time. People followed me, and we got it all the way to a lynch.

There is no way Furcolow was going to be lynched yesterday if I hadn't lynched him. No one else was even paying any attention to him; everyone else was either content to just let him lurk his way through the game, or else they had forgotten about him completely.
I don't see this "pretty great detail" anywhere.

Yes you threw your vote on Furcolow when it wasn't trendy and when he started to stink like a dead squirrel people jumped on. There is that. But I don't know how your vote got there to start with. He was even at the bottom of your PoE list.

You know that I'm town here, Vi. You know that there's no way I claim vig as scum at the start of day 2 for no reason. You know there's zero chance that a scum shoots Elmo after night 1. You know that there's no way that me and Furcolow were scum buddies yesterday if you read the thread, and you know that I've been playing like town. Are you seriously going to let stupid setup speculation get in the way of all of that?
Speaking frankly I would rather play Setupafia any day of the week. And if Nuwen is calling you an SK by projecting her own opinion onto me - and I'll take her word for it because she's scum - then the other reasons go away.

As for playing like Town, refer to a whole lot of what I said about your play D1. Etc. and etc.

Now if you really wanted to play like Town you would vote Nuwen.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Zar »

eh, apparently someone is sending out visions or something is triggering them.

I'm paraphrasing everything, I've had to resort to synonyms.

The accompanying message says something along the lines of me wandering about while thinking about the weird stuff that has being going on. I end up getting into a place that resembles a study, and it looks like I like the room decoration.

I sit down at a desk and while I'm minding my own business playing with whatever is in the desk surface, I get three visions:

- some sort of powerfully energetic entity/creature that can meddle with fate.
- An ancient voice emerging from the origins, resonant/low pitched and taking its time, entering consciences.
- a bright light that can't be avoided, showing no sign of wickedness or righteousness.

And then it's all over and I'm wondering WTH was that about.
Show

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 am

Post by shos »

well to me that takes out one of the 'hiraki is town' ideas. it's not HIS role.

the first and the last I'm not sure what they are, but the second is probably about me. I am Le Artefact, ancient of course, and well I was able to send Hiraki the message day 1, so it might be the entering consciences. I have no idea what is it with the resonant/low pitch, the origins, or the time.

These visions are probably tells of three roles in the game then. can this help us at all?

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 am

Post by charter »

Vote Hiraki
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Zar »

If the visions are about roles in the game, then the third one really sounds like a Third Party.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Zar »

Does anybody know what language is the writing in the day scene?
Show

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 am

Post by shos »

that makes sense, no wickedness=not mafia, no righteousness=not town. But what's a bright light that can't be avoided?

Mod: can we have a modcount please?

pedit: let's give google a try. one sec.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:02 am

Post by shos »

also on the same note - what do "night guard" and "town scientific expert" mean as roles? is a nightuard a doc?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:04 am

Post by shos »

what Vi posted is right, it indeed means

Ma! Ma Ma! I saw him ... Mama! In the museum mama! Ma!

in vietnamese. let's now see about the pic. looks similar to arabic.

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Looks a little like sanskrit. Will probably spend some time trying to translate it tonight, but I have an approaching deadline in another game to think about right now. Forcthing spent a lot of time feeling out wagons to compete with Hiraki's, but I need to reread to figure out if this was defending a buddy
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1573, charter wrote:If I forget to post day two, just count on a vote for Nuwen/Hiraki.
You picked the wrong one.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1612, shos wrote:also on the same note - what do "night guard" and "town scientific expert" mean as roles? is a nightuard a doc?
At this point I'm pretty sure these are unique roles. Their names give away some idea of what they do but not exactly.

Also, read more Tarhalindur games.

Also, vote one of {Yos, Nuwen}.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1605, Vi wrote:
In post 1597, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1596, Vi wrote:
In post 1593, Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, that's bs, VI. I don't know why there were 2 kills last night any more then you do; most likely there is a second person with some kind of vig ability that didn't or couldn't use it night 1.
This still doesn't solve the three-kills issue. I'll make a judgment when I see a claim, at any rate.
Uh; yes, it would solve the issue actually; that would explain why there are two kills today. We already knew there was at least one blocked kill night 1.
If you had shot scum N1 per your claim, there would be three kills N2. Slightly less ridiculous.

(shrug) My hunch right now is that there's two semi-vigs in this game; me, and an even night vig or something. Just a guess, of course; there could be any other number of possibilities. I kind of doubt a scum would shoot Parama last night, though; that looks more like a vig shot to me.

As for two blocked kills N1? Possible but generally unlikely, especially since Nuwen cried out for someone, anyone to claim a blocking role and got no response.

We also made clear we didn't want a doctor to claim. A doctor is pretty likely, considering that there doesn't seem to be a full cop in this game. Also, I think the scum are afraid of a doctor; I notice that even though their buddy pointed out Zar as a power role yesterday, they avoided killing him last night, most likely because they didn't want to run smack into a doc protect again.

And, of course, a scum roleblocker is also quite possible; they obviously wouldn't claim either. And we have a bulletproof claim as well.

(Coming back from the end of your post; you're also speculating about a SK, I see. If there is one, that's likely to be another unkillable role in a game like this, which would make two bulletproofs, along with whatever else there is.)

I could go on with the setup speculation, but you can do that as well as I can; you know as well as I do that you can't just count the kills and come to a conclusion like you're trying to do, there's too many possibilities, even just including roles common in mini-games.

Yes you threw your vote on Furcolow when it wasn't trendy and when he started to stink like a dead squirrel people jumped on. There is that. But I don't know how your vote got there to start with. He was even at the bottom of your PoE list.

Uh. What?

Yosarian2 wrote:

Shos is probably town. His ability is confirmed, at least. It's possible he's a scum message sender, but its not that likely.
Hiraki is probably town. His actions and claim don't really make any sense as scum.

In any case, I'm guessing we'll get more information on the two of them as the game goes on.

Vi seems very townish, especially with her vigorous defense of both UN and Elmo yesterday. Leaning town on charter and nuwen.

Scum are probably within the group of:

Katsuki
Parama
Zar
kanyeknowsbest
Furcolow

Out of that group, I have vaguely good vibes from kanye and zar, but nothing I'd bet on. I'd be happy lynching Furcolow or Katsuki.

The two top suspects on that list were Furcolow or Fatsuki, with Parama as #3; I had a weak town read on kanye and zar, and I eliminated everyone else. (Clearly at least one of the people I eliminated was incorrect; or two, if your SK-speculation is right.) I dropped Parama from my suspect list after the cop gambit, but odds are looking really good good that both Furcolow and Kats are scum, which would make that POE scumhunting method awesome even if thought it clearly wasn't 100% correct.

Anyway; you did realize that that list wasn't in any specific order, right? I figured that would have been obvious since the two guys I thought were town were in the middle, and my suspects were on the top and the bottom.

I'm not really sure what you didn't get about that; I thought it was pretty clear where I got everything from.

You know that I'm town here, Vi. You know that there's no way I claim vig as scum at the start of day 2 for no reason. You know there's zero chance that a scum shoots Elmo after night 1. You know that there's no way that me and Furcolow were scum buddies yesterday if you read the thread, and you know that I've been playing like town. Are you seriously going to let stupid setup speculation get in the way of all of that?
Speaking frankly I would rather play Setupafia any day of the week. And if Nuwen is calling you an SK by projecting her own opinion onto me - and I'll take her word for it because she's scum - then the other reasons go away.

As for playing like Town, refer to a whole lot of what I said about your play D1. Etc. and etc.

Now if you really wanted to play like Town you would vote Nuwen.

Eh. There could be an SK in this game, I suppose.

That doesn't actually make "any of those other reasons" go away, though. In order for you to believe that I was a SK, you would first have to believe that the SK would shoot Elmo on night 1, even though he was obviously going to be lynched on day 2; and you would have to believe that I, as SK, would claim vig at the start of day 2 for no reason.

Vi, I'm frankly having a lot of trouble understanding how town-Vi could be entertaining any serious suspicion of me at this point. You'd have to believe about 4 impossible things before breakfast in order to do that, and the only reason you're giving is pretty weak speculation based on the number of kills, which you know there are about a billion plausible explanations for. I had you written off as town, but it looks like at least one of my town reads was wrong, and you're not making sense today; it's making me fairly uncomfortable.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Day 3 votecount 1
(0) Vi:

(0) Zar:

(0) shos:

(0) charter:

(0) Nuwen :
(2) Hiraki :
shos, charter,
(1) Magua:
Yosarian2,
(1) Yosarian2:
Vi,

(4) Not voting :
Hiraki, Nuwen, Magua, Zar,

With 8 players, 5 votes are required to lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Phasing out quote walls.

--

In re: "a billion plausible explanations" - The examples you gave aren't plausible. They don't solve the issue I have with the setup as claimed.

At risk of opening up reviewer meta, I have to advise people who think that allowing three kills a Night in a Mini game is a good idea on a fairly regular basis. In what I'd like to call a substantial amount of the time, the answer is no.

While I acknowledge your point about Doctors and Bulletproofs and M.Roleblockers, it still doesn't change that with three kills a night the game can swing in such a way that on Day 3 there can be five players alive. If you want to generously assume two complementary Vigs even though nothing complements the role you claimed, that would be 3-2, which would kind of be all right if the "if" was plausible at all.

As an aside, I'm assuming by the lack of claims that there's no further outside information to be had.

--

In re: Furcolow -
Yos2 1597 wrote:Uh, I explained
in pretty great detail
why I thought he was scum when I voted him the first time, thank you very much.
You're welcome very much, as soon as I see this. That quote you gave does nothing.

--

In re: claiming Vig on Elmo - I don't think that Elmo would have been lynched D2 (see: Hiraki, Zar, etc.) but I acknowledge that you used it as justification for the shot. I also don't see an immediate benefit to claiming (successful) Vig as not-Vig, and while I'm edgy about what kind of scum power would be in this setup outright saying what's running through my mind would put me so far into Fairy Godfather territory that I would be ashamed of myself.

Yet it would make everything fit so well. Because Nuwen.

--

In re: OMG Vi is being weird - Well no kidding. That aside, I really don't care what you think, though I would prefer you stopped grossly overstating your Towniness and the strength of your defense.

Now you know what would get me to shut up at least briefly? Voting for and LYNCHING Nuwen.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1619, Vi wrote:

At risk of opening up reviewer meta, I have to advise people who think that allowing three kills a Night in a Mini game is a good idea on a fairly regular basis. In what I'd like to call a substantial amount of the time, the answer is no.

Yes, from a theory standpoint, that's probably true. Doesn't change the fact that "vig, mafia, sk" setups or "vig, mafia1, mafia2" or similar setups are quite common on the site, apparently despite your best efforts.

And, of course, in this setup, assuming the vig shoots every night, the only way there could be 3 kills on night 2 is if the vig shot a scum night 1 (since I lose my powers if I shoot a town). That reduces the swingy factor you are talking about, since a "3 kill night 2" is not going to happen if there are still a full contingent of scum.

Anyway, I thought Nuwen was town yesterday, and she played a huge role in the scum lynch yesterday after that. She is ranked really high on my town list right now; I think she is significantly more likely to be town then you are at this point, and have no intention of voting her today.

Current list:

Confirmed town:
Charter: Confirmed town by Zar
Zar: COnfirmed town info role by the way Furcolow acted yesterday

Strongly town based on play:

Nuwen: Played a big role in lynching Furcolow after claim yesterday.

Neutral/mildly pro-town

Shos - The bulletpoof claim is forcing me to wonder if he could be a SK, but he would have to be a SK who could send messages

I just don't know:
Heichi- town-ish gut feelings yesterday. Visons were clearly not made up, but apparently don't say anything about alignment.
Vi-Gets some town cred for defending UN and Elmo day 1, and did eventually follow me onto the Furcolow lynch yesterday. Bizarre behavior today, though. Also gets some - points for the way she's been so singlemindedly pushing the awful Nuwen wagon for so long.

Probably scum:
Katsuki
Magua : Chronic lurker, basically no content. I can't see any way this slot is likely to be town here.

Mafia is probably (Kats + Heichi) or (Kats + Vi). I suppose (Heichi + Vi) also is possible.

If there is a SK, it is probably in the group (shoes, vi, heichi, or Kats.)

We do want to give Magna a chance to catch up and say something before we lynch, but I'm really thinking that's the way to go today.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1620, Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, I thought Nuwen was town yesterday, and she played a huge role in the scum lynch yesterday after that. She is ranked really high on my town list right now; I think she is significantly more likely to be town then you are at this point, and have no intention of voting her today.
The frick

what are you high on

Nuwen made an L-1 vote

after sidelining throughout the game

all three days

except push an incredibly safe mislynch

you

can't

be

serious

no I'm actually going to pause a moment and make sure I didn't miss something but I'm pretty sure I didn't

okay

I'm reading again

she did punish furcolow's claim

there is that

but by that time everyone had agreed to lynch furco anyway

really yos

really

do you have any idea how nuwen plays

have you HEARD anything about how nuwen plays

have you SEEN anything about how nuwen plays

I mean as town

THIS IS NOT IT

What

are

you

high

on
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1620, Yosarian2 wrote:Vi-Gets some town cred for defending UN and Elmo day 1, and did eventually follow me onto the Furcolow lynch yesterday. Bizarre behavior today, though. Also gets some - points for the way she's been so singlemindedly pushing the awful Nuwen wagon for so long.
omg

u are teh dum

and not just because I've been holding the polar opposite against you since the MIDDLE OF DAY 1

has it occurred to you that you might be wrong and/or that i may be right

wait it probably has

because if it hadn't i wouldn't be voting for you

it would also be insulting to your intelligence

also

Yos2 1260 wrote:Probably scum:
Katsuki
Magua : Chronic lurker, basically no content. I can't see any way this slot is likely to be town here.
is this entirely based on lurking
or is there more

because I know someone else who chronically lurks and gives basically no content

and even stalled to claim, JUST LIKE CERTAIN OTHER SCUM WE KNOW
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Vi »

also katsuki said something that almost sounded protown IIRC

I'm shocked too

will look at again to be sure but etc.

this is not my normal posting style

but is a reflection of my mental state

after hours of internal RAGE today that nuwen is not four votes closer to lynch than she is

id like for those to not be hours lost
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1621, Vi wrote:

she did punish furcolow's claim

there is that

but by that time everyone had agreed to lynch furco anyway

Mmm. I suppose. I think there was a fair risk the claim would have stalled out the wagon without her going back and finding the contradiction between the claim and Fur's behabior, though. I guess you are right that it was a logical time for a bus, but I really don't see her as being scum yesterday; most of her posts really felt right to me.

really yos

really

do you have any idea how nuwen plays

have you HEARD anything about how nuwen plays

have you SEEN anything about how nuwen plays

I mean as town

THIS IS NOT IT

What

are

you

high

on

haha

I like the use of white space. It's very artistic.

Anyway, yeah, I know how Nuwen plays as town; I've even hydraed with her before. This feels like it to me. Frankly, I would have been suspicious if Nuwen hadn't gone after people like Uberninja and Elmo; Nuwen-town has a very low tollerance for lurkers, illogical play, and general stupidity.

Eh. Perhaps I have her ranked too high; I hate the part of the game where I find out that one of my town reads was wrong and have to figure out which one it is. I really don't at all see what you're talking about, though. How is her play this game different from her town meta?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”