Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by implosion »

holy shit i didn't realize that the deadline for this game was in under 24 hours until now.

Reading.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by implosion »

In the order that I read them for some reason (isos):

vijay: meh. I can see him as scum, i can see him as town. A lot of things he's said seem manufactured (his first vote, the thing about me vs bb, the second line of post 79 which seems preemptive sort of, although he might have misconstrued what Matt said in the previous post). Other things seem genuine. Or at least I think they do the first time I read them, and then they don't. Like This. So I guess I'd put him as scummy.

MattP: townier than I think I thought he was before, but not so much that I'm in agreement with Llama that he's obvtown.

Spyrex is kind of giving me some of the same disgustinggutscumvibes that he gave me in the only other game i've played with him (in which he was scum). Can't pinpoint it. Other game, I could. He might have just been readable as a fluke in that game. Looked at random towngame (league mafia) of his, don't get the same gut ping, but that might be bias. Shmr. Dunno.

Darox is still town

Elmo is nulltown

kuribo is a scum candidate. His marble push is feeling more and more meh as i read further into it. It feels... insistent, in a way. Disingenuous in a way. I feel like he's inflating the importance of certain things more than he should be. 286, for instance. I mean, sure, the point is valid - but insofar as Llama has been contributing, and contributing more than many people in the town, calling him scummy for also talking about how he
has
been contributing, especially after Fate called him out on it, is just... meh, nah. I don't think it's a genuine attack. For some reason I feel like kuribo should be scum here. But there are also attacks on Llama that look genuine. 227 for instance. I think the llama-attack-brigade (spyrex, kuribo, fate) is giving me bad vibes (except i haven't read fate yet so i guess i'll do that next) for some reason. Maybe because I've been thinking llama is town and that the amount of pressure he's under is a bit strange. On the other hand the scumvibes from spyrex weren't really from his llama vote so meh.

Fate. Posts 95-97 remind me of spyrex-scum. Of course in this game townlists are actually really important so etc. Actually after reading fate kuribo looks very good in comparison. In 272, Fate criticizes Llama for talking about contributing rather than contributing. Up until that point, Fate's contribution to the game was essentially an amalgam of reads. Those reads all lacked explanation. He had placed several votes, called several people town. Reasonless voting is something I'd expect to see to some extent from townFate, but not this much, and especially not with the very first explanation being a criticism for lack of contribution.

So at this point, Fate's probably scummier than kuribo. That one post from kuribo just feels genuine, so I think he's town for now. There's probably scum in {fate, spyrex, kuribo}. Right now, I'd say that scum is, in decreasing magnitude of likelihood, fate, spyrex, kuribo. Someone is going to accuse me of setting up lynches for saying this~ although there could actually be two scum on that wagon, potentially.

BB: Town enough for now.

kanye: null. I think I'm probably going to be bad at reading him in general, too. I think I have a tendency to find his posting style scummy, which I'm trying to compensate for.

Voided: TML was scummy, Voided is also kind of scummy (really don't like 338, particularly the way over-complicated justification for the vijay vote). Actually, looking a little more closely, he says that the lineup of BB, Spyrex, Implosion, Matt, Darox, and Fate looks like "not a bad lineup" except for BB. But two posts earlier in his list of reads... 1, he described me as being like BB. 2, he said matt was scummy. 3, his only comment on Fate was negative. So uh... yeah, he says that this list of people isn't bad immediately after criticizing/scumreading 2/3 of the list. He called spyrex and darox town, but eugh. Cognitive dissonance? Not sure what's going on there, exactly.

HC: nulltown.

So, my scumreads consist of probablyFate, Voided, and Vijay.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by implosion »

Trust: Llamarble

Trust: Mattp
i guess
(and i'm already trusting darox)

Unvote, vote: vijay

I'd rather vote Voided frankly, but there doesn't appear to be a wagon on him at the moment.

Also i'm not bothering to check if this is an accidental quickhammer because of the unvote rule
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Did people miss the part where that was simple impressions? I just remembered at the time that you and BB weren't even there at all (Spyrex, Marble, and Kuribo hogging the spotlight near the 10-page mark notwithstanding), which is why I said you were like BB.

Matt was from only looking at the pages around where I replaced in. I haven't been able to do the formal ISOs that I said I would (or at least on Matt), so that read was obviously tentative and not really well-grounded. I'm willing to trust Llamarble on that read for now as the deadline is almost upon us.

As for Fate, I still don't like him.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by implosion »

So they were impressions.

So you said that the list of people whom your impressions of were mostly negative was a good list because ________

I mean, even if they were impressions... saying that you think the list isn't bad is kind of strange when you still have negative impressions of the majority of the list, wouldn't you say?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Well, Fate did have a chance to change his mind, but his little tantrum with Spyrex ruined that, so he's not someone I want on this mission. Yes, I know that it's effectively 3/6 now, but it was going to be 4/6.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Untrust all
Trust: Llamarble
Trust: MattP
Trust: Darox

Just to make sure my tokens are in order.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Post by Darox »

Wait deadline what huh deadline who?
Fuck, when did that sneak up?

And the last votecount is from forever ago. (And it still has me trusting 4 people. Shhh, secret quadtruster over here)
Ok, fuck it.

I don't suspect Fate. Besides, if he's scum, I'll work it out on D2, guard my suspicions and get ready to spring a trap on him D3, then get nightkilled N2. Nothing to worry about there.
Still don't like MattP much, like Voided more than I did Librarian, like Llamarble a little less, don't like Vivivivivivij as a lynch.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Should I claim now? I'm just a normal Revolutionary but I've got a resource. I was planning on using it tonight because it says I probably don't wanna keep it for too long, but if I'm going to be lynched let me use it first. It carries over into the next phase (ie if used during the Day it goes to Night etc).
coming back after a 3 year break.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:30 am

Post by MattP »

In post 378, Voidedmafia wrote:Did people miss the part where that was simple impressions?

Scum ping, trying to keep his hands clean from the backlash of his reads by stating they were just impressions.

In post 378, Voidedmafia wrote:I'm willing to trust Llamarble on that read for now as the deadline is almost upon us.
Scum ping, bullshit reason to have a townread on someone, seems like a lie to cover up his slip of change of read on me.

VOTE: Voided
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:31 am

Post by MattP »

Gut says that vijay is town since he said "Should I claim now?" and then just claimed regardless of the fact that he didn't give a chance for anyone to answer. Scum is more calculating than that when claiming.
SlappyKrust
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I agree with the previous two posts.

Llamarble has now been attacking me for the entire day, going as far as to factor the potential of me being scumbuddies into the rest of his reads. However, only once has he actually brought up specifics as to WHY I'm scum:
Llamarble wrote:HC is fairly scummy. 234 and 275 are both kinda the way scum write stuff.
There are several problems with this:
1) Nothing is wrong with the posts in question,
2) "kinda" is an incredibly weak adjective to use on the only case you make against the player who is scum in all of your hypothetical scenarios, and
3) Llamarble has been calling me scum for literally the entire game- well before Post 234 was made. If my posts prior to 234 were suspicious enough to make Llamarble think that I'm scum, then why ignore them, or at least use them to bolster the "kinda" case?

I'm not going to flip out and assume that any player attacking me must be scum, but at the same time Llamarble's insistence that I'm scum is awful, and I certainly don't understand why anybody would consider him obvtown.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 am

Post by implosion »

If we could get a flashwagon on voided that would be really nice >.>

actually it'd be kind of deja-vu with voided having gotten lynched day one in GI's last game... but meh. I'm inclined to agree with 385.

Unvote, Vote: Voided
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:54 am

Post by implosion »

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-05 00:00:00)

A votecount would be really nice right now too.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 386, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I agree with the previous two posts.

Llamarble has now been attacking me for the entire day, going as far as to factor the potential of me being scumbuddies into the rest of his reads. However, only once has he actually brought up specifics as to WHY I'm scum:
Llamarble wrote:HC is fairly scummy. 234 and 275 are both kinda the way scum write stuff.
There are several problems with this:
1) Nothing is wrong with the posts in question,
2) "kinda" is an incredibly weak adjective to use on the only case you make against the player who is scum in all of your hypothetical scenarios, and
3) Llamarble has been calling me scum for literally the entire game- well before Post 234 was made. If my posts prior to 234 were suspicious enough to make Llamarble think that I'm scum, then why ignore them, or at least use them to bolster the "kinda" case?

I'm not going to flip out and assume that any player attacking me must be scum, but at the same time Llamarble's insistence that I'm scum is awful, and I certainly don't understand why anybody would consider him obvtown.

I've been attacking a lot of people, and at this point I've gone into a lot more detail on a lot more reads than anybody.
Scum make a lot of player X, please contemplate player Y type posts (234)
X cannot possibly believe his own argument (275) is also a logicstructure you see more from scum than from town.
And your other posting just works from scum.

That being said, I can see you being town too. Fate + Kuribo + Implosion may be the way of things.
Voided being scum would surprise me, though Implosion's reaction to his wagon wasn't YAYSCUM because he expressed ambivalence about his counterwagon and tried to start one on somebody new.
I would love to lynch Fate or Kuribo but neither have enough momentum at the moment.
We should use a lynch on Fate or Kuribo tomorrow I think, since those people get very hard to lynch once the town leaders have been NKed. It's fairly likely I'll die tonight but w/e maybe scum are dumb enough to think they have some kind of actual shot at lynching me.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 am

Post by MattP »

Doc should obv protect Llamarble tonight.
SlappyKrust
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Llamarble »

Voided flipping scum is imaginable, but he does have some towntells.
Vijay's claim delivery was at least moderately town.
Implosion not biting on the most obvious counterwagon was moderately town, though Implosion has the least 'ehhhh I dunno if he could fake this as scum' stuff out of the three
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:07 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

you guys keep talking about getting nightkilled but did anyone read the sample scum role pm? it doesnt read like they have a factional kill. plus we get plurality lynches which makes sense in a game with no night kill.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

VOTE: VM
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:15 am

Post by implosion »

It might have been under the inside knowledge clause. I wouldn't be surprised if they had no kill, though, considering that we lose if there aren't enough townies to carry out a mission.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Llamarble »

Ah, got it.
And the mission size doesn't change from 6, so if there are any scum left when 6 players remain we lose.
Yeah, that does make sense with no nightkill.

And 390 is a little sketchy because "I'm going to pretend I don't know there's no scum NK" is one of a relatively small number of possible explanations for it.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 384, MattP wrote:
In post 378, Voidedmafia wrote:Did people miss the part where that was simple impressions?

Scum ping, trying to keep his hands clean from the backlash of his reads by stating they were just impressions.

No, trying to get it into your heads what they were, and how little I was putting into most of those. Repitition for effect, etc.

In post 378, Voidedmafia wrote:I'm willing to trust Llamarble on that read for now as the deadline is almost upon us.
Scum ping, bullshit reason to have a townread on someone, seems like a lie to cover up his slip of change of read on me.

Well, my read on you was "feels like scum", so that's not very concrete a read is it?

Also, why is that a bad reason? We're dangerously close to the deadline, and I don't see why I can't trust one of my townreads for the time being.

- Oh, yay, let's make it a habit whenever I'm in one of GI's games D1 <_<.

- Okay, so...

- Elmo, dude, I know this feels like you, but cmon. Put some meat on there.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:10 am

Post by Darox »

I'm still voting MattP.

I'm pretty happy with that state of affairs.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:11 am

Post by implosion »

In post 388, implosion wrote:
Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-05 00:00:00)
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 am

Post by MattP »

I would actually be fine with a VM or implosion lynch, mainly because implosion's reads suck, especially his read on me. Why did your read on me change, implosion?

Darox, for someone who is so caring and town-motivated, your insistence on voting me without any meat to back it up in Post 397 seems weird. I'd think you'd try harder.
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”