Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1649, shos wrote:I cannot translate the rest. but Vi, I believe I'm going to ISO you tomorrow.
You word it like it's a threat and not a promise.~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Magua »

Going just over the stuff from today, probably read D2 tonight.

I'm assuming the message is flavor and, perhaps tasty and interesting, is not actually game-relatedly useful. Is this wrong?

Zar is some form of tracker?
@Yos:
Why are you clearing charter based on Zar's report?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, fair enough; just because charter didn't make the kill doesn't necessarally man he's not scum, if there's two scum left.

I highly doubt that he is, but ect
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1221, shos wrote:Also, I am 'Le Artefact'.
Artistically speaking, what is this?

Yos2 1652 wrote:Yeah, fair enough; just because charter didn't make the kill doesn't necessarally man he's not scum, if there's two scum left.

I highly doubt that he is, but ect
Why?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Zar »

Magua, what is your interpretation of the 2 deaths of the morning scene?
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Zar »

The thing with the flavour in this game it that it apparently has clues thrown around. I would not rely solely on it, but it may add to your case.

In post 1, springlullaby wrote:Comments
Flavour in this game may help you, it may also trick you. You are encouraged to do your own research.
Show

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Day 3 votecount 2
(0) Zar:

(0) shos:

(0) charter:

(0) Nuwen :
(2) Hiraki :
shos, charter,
(1) Magua:
Yosarian2,
(1) Vi:
Zar,
(1) Yosarian2:
Vi,

(3) Not voting :
Hiraki, Nuwen, Magua,

With 8 players, 5 votes are required to lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1645, Vi wrote:
Getting back on track somewhere, Magua's post 1630 is something I could stand to lynch over on its own. The major issues with that are:
1) it's not a Nuwen lynch, and
2) it's not a lynch on someone willing to explain the kill situation (i.e. you)

So etc.

The fact that you're still trying to make me look suspicious is a pretty big black mark against you here; Vi-scum would really need to try to throw some doubt on my town-status here in order to avoid getting process of elimination-ed, and I really have a hard time believing that vi-town would suspect me here at all, much less vote me just over what you have to know is some really weak setup speculation. It also looks like you're trying to cast doubt on charter being town, even though you've were calling him town as well all of yesterday. Starting to feel a little cornered?

I also don't get why you're reluctant to join me in lynching Magua here if you seem to generally agree with my logic. You do realize that there's no chance you're going to get me lynched today, right? If you were still tunneled on Nuwen I could almost understand that, but you don't even have that excuse.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1654, Zar wrote:Magua, what is your interpretation of the 2 deaths of the morning scene?

Operating theory is that a (even-Night?, given Yos' claim) vig shot Parama, and scum shot kanye.

Setup could be 9:3:1, given that it seems to be vanilla-less, but I would expect an SK kill to be targeted at an investigative role like you, and I can't readily believe that either the SK or mafia would shoot Parama.

@Vi:
If Nuwen is your primary lynch, why are you not voting her?
Pre-emptively, how would lynching Yos "explain the kill situation"?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Post by shos »

that thing on the wall was probably written by the killer, imo. it looks like a message of some kind with the signature of 'mommi'. so that's why it seems like a threat. no way a good guy wrote that on the wall.

about what is this (@vi), well, it is an artifact? what do you mean artistically speaking?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by shos »

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 am

Post by Zar »

I have to go back and see who makes sense as a Furcolow partner.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:28 am

Post by Zar »

Not too familiar with Mafiascum balancing.

9:3:1 with Odd/Even Vig + Mafia + SK seems too mafia empowering.

D1 9:3:1
D2 7:3:1
D3 5:2:1
Show

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1657, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1645, Vi wrote:Getting back on track somewhere, Magua's post 1630 is something I could stand to lynch over on its own. The major issues with that are:
1) it's not a Nuwen lynch, and
2) it's not a lynch on someone willing to explain the kill situation (i.e. you)

So etc.
The fact that you're still trying to make me look suspicious is a pretty big black mark against you here; Vi-scum would really need to try to throw some doubt on my town-status here in order to avoid getting process of elimination-ed, and I really have a hard time believing that vi-town would suspect me here at all, much less vote me just over what you have to know is some really weak setup speculation. It also looks like you're trying to cast doubt on charter being town, even though you've were calling him town as well all of yesterday. Starting to feel a little cornered?
Vi-scum would know better than to try lynching a claimed Vig. I'm crazy, but not stupid. And in the event that I am stupid, I'm
spectacularly
stupid (I'd point out the most recent example but I'm too embarrassed to do so).

I'm calling it as I see it.
*charter is being called confTown for reasons that don't work, plus charter hasn't done anything Townish since Day 1 (weak two-line posts are what we in the business call "coasting") (I mean look at 1644)
*You've made a claim that defies flavor balance sense and your attempts to make it seem otherwise are equally implausible
*and the mod hints associated with your claim
do not match your role at all

*and speaking frankly I don't trust anyone who is trying to sway me away from the bloody obvious scum that is Nuwen. I've lost too many games because I got talked out of lynching scum and/or wasn't able to lynch them. Not this time.

I also don't get why you're reluctant to join me in lynching Magua here if you seem to generally agree with my logic. You do realize that there's no chance you're going to get me lynched today, right? If you were still tunneled on Nuwen I could almost understand that, but you don't even have that excuse.
I'm tempted to say "when Magua flips scum I'll agree with you" but reality doesn't work that way. Maguasuki isn't a bad lynch, but I want my Nuwen lynch.

Magua 1658 wrote:@Vi: If Nuwen is your primary lynch, why are you not voting her?
My first vote was one to explore Yos2. I'm still deeply dissatisfied and haven't a good reason to move it.

That aside, if no one else votes Nuwen then pragmatically speaking it doesn't matter which of the two I vote. Please test this by voting Nuwen.

Magua 1658 wrote:Pre-emptively, how would lynching Yos "explain the kill situation"?
There's no good explanation for what's going on, except that Yos is scum. If there is an even-Night Vig, then why hasn't that person claimed? Again, that would make things -quite- a bit simpler.

shos 1659 wrote:about what is this (@vi), well, it is an artifact? what do you mean artistically speaking?
Look. What the hell is your role supposed to be, flavor-wise?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:16 am

Post by shos »

my role is an artifact, what the hell do you want me to say more than that? the story of where it comes from, how old is it, what it's made of? I don't know these things, and even if I did, how would that be relevant in any way to make you push so hard on it?

I'm continuing my flavor research.
anyone with any ideas why baal peor is related?

another possibly helpful link:
http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/pubs/catalog/cdd/

if anyone has time of course.

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 am

Post by Zar »

No author? No civilization where it comes from?

Also, what the heck is Baal Peor?
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1663, Vi wrote:There's no good explanation for what's going on, except that Yos is scum. If there is an even-Night Vig, then why hasn't that person claimed? Again, that would make things -quite- a bit simpler.

So your operating theory is that Yos-scum claimed the scum kill as a vig kill, before there was any evidence that there was actually a second killer.

Now there is evidence there's a second killer.

Yos could be scum lying about being a vig, in which case there has to be an SK or vig around to account for the second kill. And that SK or vig didn't shoot Yos.
Yos could be an SK who decided to claim pre-emptively (possible, I suppose, if bulletproof), but then that would mean that Yos is either an SK-pretending-to-be-a-vig by shooting Parama, or that the mafia shot Parama, both of which are =/
Or Yos is a vig.

I'm seriously not seeing your hang up over this.

Vi wrote:*and the mod hints associated with your claim do not match your role at all

Elaborate.

@Zar:
There'd be an SK or vig, not both.

Really, dislike shos talking about the message, talking about his claim, talking about flavor research, apparently everything except the actual people playing the game.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:37 am

Post by Zar »

I wouldn't take that for granted though, (Vig or SK, but not both)

I went out of my way Mod-WIFOMing 1308 and it ended up having a JOAT with a Vig-Shot, an Odd Day SK, and Mafia, all on an 11 player game. :shrugs:
Show

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 am

Post by Nuwen »

Bael'Peor was some of the first flavor introduced to the game, found in the D1 opening scene. It was a name written in Hebrew on a slip of paper at the murder scene. Spring's flavor indicated that if "enough" people submitted the name, he would be "apprehended" during the night. I thought this might be a jailkeep @ that rolename if it exists, which does explain the single kill N1. Originally I thought Bael'Peor/Belphagor (different Anglicization) might be a role name of scum (there's a French movie about Bael'Peor being the phantom in the Louvre). "Martin" is a character in this movie at well. Probably some of the inspiration behind the flavor of this game but not relevant, because we already know both Bael'Peor and Martin are associated with death scenes.

In the film, a French chick opens a coffin containing a mummy but ends up possessed by the spirit of Bael'Peor, which was hiding in the coffin (sup Vi). "Martin" is the name of her love interest.

~~~

Zar's track absolves Charter of last night's kill, I think. Have you always gotten results in that format, or is Charter's locale tracking a new thing? Do you have any information from N1?

I like the Vi wagon a lot here. Zar's list-off containing "The Louvre's Mummy" reminded me that I had read that title when researching Bael'Peor. I mean, it's weak and it's entirely flavorful but it
fits
with apparent source material, AND it fits with my kneejerk reaction that Vi's day opener was a scum realization that an SK is in the game.

Here's how we figure that part out: Yos, you lynching Vi today? You've spent a lot of time making it clear that your town read on me isn't iron-clad, while also prodding Vi as scum. The only thing you've made clear is that you don't think we can be scum TOGETHER, which is about as Captain Obvious as it gets. We know you're not part of any scum faction; the only question here is whether you're an SK or true vig.

vote Vi
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 am

Post by Zar »

I followed Furcolow in N1, but the result said my action failed.

I asked the mod what the result would be in case a player did not move during the night, she responded that in such case I would be told my target did not go anywhere.
Show

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 am

Post by shos »

I'll go with an SK on Yos, if I have to choose.
either way, that post above me here really makes me stomp on all the nuwen-scum idea I've had yesterday. this flavor research, along with the quote incriminating furc, I'm putting you on my conftown list.

Vi, you said you're the louvre's mummy. at first I thought as in 'mother'; since in hebrew a housemum/housedad is something (literally) that means something like Janitor-who-owns-the-place. then Nuwen comes with the combination of that film, Baal Peor, and Martin all together; combined with the fact that I deciphered mommi or something alike in the egyptian inscription, I'd be willing to vote you only based by the flavor.

I did not quite participate in the discussion lately(@magua) because it looked like it is progressing somewhere and it was an interesting thing to watch. I too don't quite understand the Yosscumvig theory by Vi, and him being an SK works for me; that's why he did not say he shot anyone tonight. my guess is that it is one mafia kill and one SK kill, that's it. day 1 Yos killed Elmo, and Hiraki shot me being bulletproof.

so my theory is Hiraki and Vi are the last scums, and Yos is an SK.

Unvote; Vote: Vi
(L-2)

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 am

Post by shos »

In post 1669, Zar wrote:I followed Furcolow in N1, but the result said my action failed.

I asked the mod what the result would be in case a player did not move during the night, she responded that in such case I would be told my target did not go anywhere.

missed this.

Furcolow was a charmer; what is that role? is it possible that it is negating any night actions?
if it isn't, then we probably do have a JK.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

Can I have the name claim list again? I think we can get rid of some town being scum.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:03 am

Post by shos »

In post 1672, Hiraki wrote:Can I have the name claim list again? I think we can get rid of some town being scum.

I'll get that for you in a minute, can you respond to the last 3 pages in any better way meanwhile?

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1673, shos wrote:
In post 1672, Hiraki wrote:Can I have the name claim list again? I think we can get rid of some town being scum.

I'll get that for you in a minute, can you respond to the last 3 pages in any better way meanwhile?
I will later, but I'm in a brainstorming moment that might show obvscum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”