Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1743, shos wrote:Vi, what did you think about the case I gave the start of D2 about Hiraki? with the continuous flaling and 'oops'es, and with the latest addition of Furc's votes through the game, what is your opinion?

in other words, is there any reason at all not to vote Hiraki?
Well, Nuwen IS scum

I thought Chiaro's replacement out was Townish, but sure, Hiraki hasn't been doing any favors Today. I place a premium on lynching people who promise analysis and don't deliver. (Kind of like Nuwen did.)

shos 1748 wrote:I am inclined to think of a Hiraki-Vi- team, with an even-night vig or something alike.
:objection!:
When the even-Night Vig claims, then etc.

charter 1749 wrote:I'm a flavorcop. I get some cryptic clues about someone's name flavor.
Needs more investigating Nuwen.

But why claim now?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:13 am

Post by shos »

why claim indeed. next I think you should indeed cop Nuwen. but Vi, you have't aswered me why not lynch hiraki
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:18 am

Post by charter »

Zar was asking what I was doing last night.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 am

Post by Magua »

shos wrote:Furcolow was a charmer; what is that role? is it possible that it is negating any night actions?

The only charmer I've ever seen is from a Slaxx game here: it's essentially a Cupid-type role, where you could make one person die if you died. Zero guarantee that the role is the same here, since it's not a standard thing. If this is it, I'd think it more likely that the target had already died rather than that Furcolow hadn't used it yet, but it doesn't really matter either way.

Hiraki wrote:I will later, but I'm in a brainstorming moment that might show obvscum.

What did this turn up?

Yosarian2 wrote:I really do want to lynch Magna today

It doesn't particularly trouble me if you think I'm PoE-scum, but for God's sake, don't confuse me with MoI.

My thoughts: I don't have many. I have a raging townread on shos, and a decent townread on Zar and charter.

Vi + Nuwen aren't partners if there is an SK.

I really see no way that Yos is an SK unless he's a bulletproof SK, and I don't really believe that there'd be two bulletproofs in a 13-player game. I'm slotting Yos as town.

Vi reads as scum, but I've only ever read Vi-scum games so there's some slight bias there.

Absolutely zero feelings on Nuwen.

That leaves this unapologetic sheeping of shos and charter and PoE: VOTE: Hiraki
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by Vi »

I hated the original version of this post, even though it had charterxZar innuendo based on 1752. So I got rid of it.

In its place:
Unvote: Nuwen
Vote: Hiraki
(L-1)

Short answer for shos: This vote is completely ignoring my intuition and completely not ignoring Vi 1750 combined with site search.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by shos »

I'll assume that the site search is what you mean for my list of votes of furc..? *isn't sure what you mean*

Ignoring your intuition is something that probably has to be done in mafia at times. My intuition told me that you were town almost the entire game, and in the light of last findings I started questioning that. I'm more than sure about Hiraki tho, and I completely turned about nuwen. further thinking will be done after hiraki is lynched, at least that is my plan.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1755, shos wrote:I'll assume that the site search is what you mean for my list of votes of furc..? *isn't sure what you mean*
Search for Hiraki "The Thinker"'s latest posts onsite. Spoiler: They're not here.

Ignoring your intuition is something that probably has to be done in mafia at times. My intuition told me that you were town almost the entire game,
THAT is an impressive
zing
, whether you meant it that way or not.

I would suggest that you work on your Towndar here but given that I kind of changed my mind on Hiraki etc. As long as scum gets lynched Today.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by shos »

I wonder what Hiraki's role is going to be claimed.

iss this what you mean?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 6&sr=posts
he posted in other games and ignored this one where he's being lynched?

he's just been lynched and flipped scum here too, for reference maybe:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... start=2125

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Go much lighter on talking about ongoing games.

What I'm saying is more broad - he's supposed to have GENIUS thoughts waiting for us and has taken a long time posting them, but that's not to say he isn't spamman around elsewhere on the site.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Zar »

Doubt Charter is lying about his claim since the Mummy is located in the Sully Ground Floor.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1749, charter wrote:I'm a flavorcop. I get some cryptic clues about someone's name flavor. It's why I was in favor of the massnameclaim yesterday, so I would have everyone's name to verify against. Night one I investigated Furc, last night I investigated Vi. Vi is a mummy like she claimed. As far as I can tell, my role is totally useless.

It's worth mentioning that Vi does not believe my role name-claim, and thinks I'm something else completely; if you could confirm my role flavor as a human member of the police it might be useful.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1760, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1749, charter wrote:I'm a flavorcop. I get some cryptic clues about someone's name flavor. It's why I was in favor of the massnameclaim yesterday, so I would have everyone's name to verify against. Night one I investigated Furc, last night I investigated Vi. Vi is a mummy like she claimed. As far as I can tell, my role is totally useless.
It's worth mentioning that Vi does not believe my role name-claim, and thinks I'm something else completely; if you could confirm my role flavor as a human member of the police it might be useful.
Actually, I'm wondering something.

The Night 0 death was an actual person. The assistant in the N0 death showed up as a person, and the daughter Champollion has been claimed too. I looked up Williard Winckelman but got back some guy who wrote about homosexual love, which I don't think has anything to do with it. Yos2's role... matches a director of a film about a kid who commits suicide over homosexual bullying...?

This... isn't... quite where I was going with this post, but somehow this matches what I would expect from springlullaby. :?

Anyway, this is another good idea.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Zar »

That has me wondering: what would a school-girl in a field-trip be doing in the museum at night, though?

I mean, so far the claims have been:

- people working in the Museum,
- stuff within the museum...
- and a school girl on a field trip.
Show

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Post by Vi »

No kidding.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:05 am

Post by shos »

I think, let's give Hiraki some time to fakeclaim or something, at least see what info he can try to provide with his last posts, and then we hammer.

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 am

Post by Nuwen »

Your guess is as good as mine. I have a little flavor that suggests I was drawn here against my will and better judgement, and my separation from friends isn't accidental. Reminds me a little of the chick possessed by the spirit of Belphegor in the film, but I think flavor inspiration and not plot/balance is drawn from that source. The rest of my role is pretty worthless; like I said, I think remaining power roles are anti-scum things on a third party and a couple near-vanillas with flavor dodads among the town. And a tracker.

Have both likes and dislikes about the flavorcop claim. At the very least it's verifiable and not something to be dealt with today.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Zar »

@Mod please prod Hiraki
Show

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, from a setup point of view, a flavor cop is hardly useless, considering that the mod did basically tell us what the rolename of one of the scum was in the opening post:

In post 0, springlullaby wrote:
When he replaced the handset on its receptacle with trembling hands, Polyphème found himself alone in a room which had turned eerie and menacing, with for only company the corpse of the murdered Directeur du Louvre and the silent stares of hundreds portraits adorning the great museum’s walls.

From the corner of his eyes he caught a slight movement. Was it his imagination or did Madame Récamier just wink at him?

In post 2, springlullaby wrote:
  • Furcolow,
    The Portrait of Madame Récamier
    by Jacques Louis David, a mafia charmer - was destroyed by the authorities on Day 2.
  • I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
    shos
    shos
    Survivor
    shos
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:53 am

Post by shos »

Hiraki posted in 4 different topics just today.
    should we lynch him before asking for a claim/waiting for a prod? =\

Zar
    Zar
    Mafia Scum
    Zar
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 am

Post by Zar »

Intention to hammer requested.
    Show

Yosarian2
    Yosarian2
    (shrug)
    Yosarian2
    (shrug)
    (shrug)

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hiraki wouldn't be my first choice, but there's a pretty limited pool of people left who could be mafia or SK, and he is in that pool.

I still would like Nuwen to answer that point Vi made earlier that I quoted.
    Yosarian2
    Yosarian2
    (shrug)
    Yosarian2
    (shrug)
    (shrug)

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

...actually, that was kind of vauge, wasn't it.

Nuwen, Vi did point out one valid concern about your play. Yesterday, I really appreciate that you helped me lynhc Furc at the end of the day, but before that, you really weren't voting for or attacking anyone for most of the day. Why?
    Nuwen
    Nuwen
    Mafia Scum
    Nuwen
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

Post by Nuwen »

I'm pretty passive when I don't have a scum read worth pursuing. It's one of the reasons I'm not as strong a player as I could be. I depend on other people to generate the content I work with, rather than blindly poking around for leads. I guess flavor is part of it too. I've spent a LOT of time researching bits and pieces of flavor in this game. Definitely more time than I've spent with the game itself.

I'd like to hear a full claim before a hammer falls. I see a lot of split motivation from Hiraki that could come from a town perspective, and my scum read on him comes from the Furcolow -> Hiraki direction.
    So high, so low, so many things to know.
    aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
    Yosarian2
    Yosarian2
    (shrug)
    Yosarian2
    (shrug)
    (shrug)

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh, you usually seem more agressive then that, Nuwen. I really don't think that you're scum with Furc, but your passivity for much of the day yesterday is making me wonder if you could be a SK.
    charter
    charter
    Beware of Dog
    charter
    Beware of Dog
    Beware of Dog

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:39 am

Post by charter »

Don't waste any more of mafiascum's precious bandwidth, hammer Hiraki and we can win this game tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”