shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by shos »

Hmm. How about a massclaim of flavor pics? this would be interesting to see, and there is no rule forbidding it :)

ninja'd: wtf?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by shos »

lol, is that what it means that I might get charged? possibly an random immunity to night actions?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1825, shos wrote:Hmm. How about a massclaim of flavor pics? this would be interesting to see, and there is no rule forbidding it :)

I was assuming that copy-pasting the flavor pic would count as quoting the role PM, but I don't actually know.
Mod, are we allowed to show our pictures?

In post 1826, shos wrote:lol, is that what it means that I might get charged? possibly an random immunity to night actions?

Hmm. Well, it could be that scum roleblocker that Vi claimed hit her the night before. If so, though, it makes the lack of night kills even more confusing.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Nuwen »

In post 1817, Vi wrote: check out that massive question dodge between 1808 and 1809.

Hi.

In post 1808, shos wrote:Nuwen, supposing PRs don't have ny valuable info, what do youthink?

In post 1809, Nuwen wrote:Would imply mafia shot a BP (Shos, SK, not mutually exclusive at this point) while the SK no-killed or shot another BP. I'm going to assume town has no more preventative powers left with the RB and doc dead. Considering massclaim.

If you had actually read what I'd posted, you'd be squirming to explain-away why a doc-protected slot on a night with no scum kill (N1 - Yos claimed out Elmo's death) remains alive today. Did a magical doc spring up or are you going to tell me that someone no-killed/avoided shooting a protect-confirmed slot this close to endgame to play WIFOM games.

Vi either has an SK-ish vest or controls the scum kill. I want it dead NOW.

Vote: Vi
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by Nuwen »

And I want Zar to check in and please tell me where Shos went last night. You DID track the claimed vest in a game with a likely third party, right.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1828, Nuwen wrote:
In post 1817, Vi wrote: check out that massive question dodge between 1808 and 1809.

Hi.

In post 1808, shos wrote:Nuwen, supposing PRs don't have ny valuable info, what do youthink?

In post 1809, Nuwen wrote:Would imply mafia shot a BP (Shos, SK, not mutually exclusive at this point) while the SK no-killed or shot another BP. I'm going to assume town has no more preventative powers left with the RB and doc dead. Considering massclaim.
If you had actually read what I'd posted, you'd be squirming to explain-away why a doc-protected slot on a night with no scum kill (N1 - Yos claimed out Elmo's death) remains alive today. Did a magical doc spring up or are you going to tell me that someone no-killed/avoided shooting a protect-confirmed slot this close to endgame to play WIFOM games.

Even as my flavor character yearns for duck cooked in honey and garlic, I see three... actually four big problems with this post.

But, thanks for claiming scum!
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1827, Yosarian2 wrote:
I was assuming that copy-pasting the flavor pic would count as quoting the role PM, but I don't actually know.

No rule, so ok.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1817, Vi wrote:
In post 1801, springlullaby wrote:
M
orning rose as bleak as a sad duck's plumage.
Funny that ducks are mentioned here. Sad ducks at that. Sad wild ducks cooked in honey and garlic.

I actually -do- have a few things to say. (I mean, aside from the normal report about Nuwen being scum - check out that massive question dodge between 1808 and 1809.) But as for now, you can enjoy the taste of the aforementioned duck (alas, you will have to do so without me) and in the meantime give good consideration to roasting this turkey:

Vote: Nuwen
(L-3)
I'm about to go out really soon (alas, not for wild duck - the honey and garlic just do nothing for me these days) but it's probably worth pointing out now that what I have to say doesn't conclusively point to me knowing who the scum is atm, before anyone thinks otherwise.

With that said, any of you partaking of the duck who wants to help choke a chicken would be most appreciated after voting Nuwen. I'll explain all that's wrong and bad with Nuwen's post when I get back but for right now see if you can spot all of the issues.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by shos »

Vi, huh?

I need to reread some stuff with hiraki and the claims, but so far I don't see anything wrong.?

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1831, springlullaby wrote:
In post 1827, Yosarian2 wrote:

No rule, so ok.

Sweet, thanks.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

This post is...really confusing. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that vi was doc protected on night 1? Are you saying that the scum tried to kill her last night? Are you saying that *you* tried to kill her last night?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by charter »

That picture looks like what I was told.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1786, Hiraki wrote:Vi N1
you N2

so Vi was protected N1, so that means he blocked the kill night 1 on Vi, so that makes Vi conftown, supposedly, so why did scum let him live through this night. that's good thinking, but there's also the option that *I* was shot N1. so that is one mistake on Nuwen's end indeed.

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Nuwen »

In post 1786, Hiraki wrote:
Vi N1

you N2

Hiraki protected Vi on a night there was at least one missing kill (two if you think Yos is a town vig, in addition to there being a third party+scum). When Hiraki flipped town, I realized that a couple things could be happening that might require a full/fresh reread.

The thought process:

1. Vi was a scum kill N1 (protected), Yos did some EXTREME gambiting as SK - claiming out a shot on vig fodder, shooting after claiming vanilla-ized.

• This was actually my first working assumption, which is why I'm
    very, very
    surprised to see Vi currently alive, along with everything else. Scum wanted him dead N1 - if he were that problematic, why would he be left alive as protect-conf-notscum? Mafia in this situation would either have to call him the target of the SK kill (which just implies knowledge of night shots, can't be used as an angle) to get him lynched or...? There's no good answer to this question.

He shouldn't be alive unless he controls the mafia shot or there's more going on at night than what's been claimed.

But for completionism, I did move to

1a. Vi was an SK kill N1 (protected), Yos is telling the truth, scum kill was ??? and ??? happened to it. Shos' vest claim could fill in the ???
  • The SK thinks Vi is scum too! Help me fucking lynch him and maybe we'll play games tomorrow.

This pretty much implies Shos as the BP SK, and he would have had to absorb the mafia shot.
    This is where I believe the Martin flavor is important and worth reading from as many non-Shos sources as possible

Following me yet?

The first situation makes it highly, highly unlikely that Vi would still be alive as town (in fact, there's a LOT that shouldn't be alive right now). I think the only explanation for this is a cross-kill onto an SK's BP (Vi -> Shos? Maybe Vi -> Yos, but I'm beginning to think he's been telling the truth), and then a no-kill or something failed on the third party's shot. Do you see what I mean?

There just aren't many complete explanations based on what powers have claimed out, unless Magua has some VERY VERY novel information to add to this mix.

I want Vi to claim next, followed by Magua.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by shos »

so are you proposing a massclaim?

also about the martinpart - I'm not sure how this is related in any way. as I said, with google image search I found that the medallion is named after St. Martin or something like that.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1838, Nuwen wrote:
The first situation makes it highly, highly unlikely that Vi would still be alive as town (in fact, there's a LOT that shouldn't be alive right now).

I'm not really seeing it. If scum tried to shoot Vi and failed, they wouldn't try again until they knew why, which would have been after the end-day doc claim yesterday. And I woudn't really expect them to try last night; as of yesterday we had multiple claimed power roles; we had both a tracker and a flavorcop, either one of which would have been more likely targets.

I am also starting to have doubts about the existence of a SK; there are just too many missing kills, especially with the doc dead. Perhaps the mafia just had an extra one-shot kill or something?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by shos »

couldn't there be some other way for people to die? look here:

UberNinja, A Statuette of Pazuzu, a town forensic investigator - was destroyed by the authorities on Day 1.
Quilford Elmo TeH AzN, Endymion in Diane and Endymion by Jean-Jacques Pradier, a town dreamer - was reduced to pieces on Night 1.
Furcolow, The Portrait of Madame Récamier by Jacques Louis David, a mafia charmer - was destroyed by the authorities on Day 2.
kanyeknowbest, Williard Winckelmann, a town scientific expert - was killed on Night 2.
Parama, Polyphème Desroches, a town night guard - was killed on Night 2.
Hiraki, Jacqueline Champollion, a town art restorer - was taken into preventive custody on Day 3.

(taken from page 1)
note how both UN and Furcolow were destroyed by the authority - when lynched; Yos's kill was 'reduced to pieces', and the two dead guys of night 2 were both KILLED.

could it be that mafia can kill only on even nights, and then they have 2 kills? cuz it'll fit: N1 hey don't kill, and yos kills; N2 they kill 2; N3 they don't kill. which....if correct...puts us in mylo.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh. More likely, shos, "people" are "killed" or "taken into custody" while pieces of art are "destroyed" or "reduced to pieces". Note that Kanye, Parama, and Hiraki are humans while uberninja, elmo, and furcolow were pieces of art. "Taken into custody" or "destroyed by the athorities" look like lynches, while "killed" or "reduced to pieces" look like nightkills.

We won't know for sure until we see if there's any other kill methods, but I don't think we're getting any info from that, except about the role of the person who died.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by shos »

eh. that makes more sense, lol.

then I think I'll support a massclaim now. we're 7, so if there actually is a SK here, we *might* be in mylo anyway.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1835, Yosarian2 wrote:

This post is...really confusing. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that vi was doc protected on night 1? Are you saying that the scum tried to kill her last night? Are you saying that *you* tried to kill her last night?
You found one of the issues, O lucky duck-eating one with an affinity for the honey and garlic I crave.

1) Nuwen is basically claiming to have shot me Night 3. Not only that, but she's claiming that it's OBVIOUS that the scum shot me Night 3. Granted, it's possible (nay, likely) that a kill was used on me Night 1 because I am a designated bullet-catcher, and Nuwen is totally playing the "why is Vi alive" card, but to say that I would be an obvious scumkill ignores the other options available (the most immediately obvious one being the other person in the Doc post, Zar).

As an aside, one can only wonder WHY I would be killed. I feel like mislynch bait right now (separate from what's going on now), but I've been pretty adamant about exactly one person in this game being scum. I shouldn't be taking any hits at all right now... unless I'm right. I mean seriously.

As another aside, I actually do believe I stopped a kill last Night. But more on that in a moment.

2) Nuwen completely missed the point of shos' question. Once
again
in this game, she's not doing anything except playing the setup. She doesn't have any reads on anyone except (fancy this) me.

3) I forgot what the third issue was. I'll find someone to blame this on.

4) Here's my claim.

As the mummy I wander the halls at Night, practicing my moonwalk for the big surprise Thriller party on Thursday. I can choose a floor and I might find something of use, but I'm told that which floor I choose may have farther-reaching implications. I chose Second Floor Night 1 basically at random and got a scenic tour but that's about it. I tried First Floor Night 2 but got little more than attacked and sent back to my sarcophagus with a bit of a rough attitude. I tried Ground Floor last Night and got a visitor I was able to chase away before they broke all of my canopic jars. That's why I believe I was the target of a kill. With that said, being without most of my internal organs leaves me with a silly post restriction as a memento of the affair. But post restrictions are fun; I can make bird humor as we lynch the fowl villain I've been trying to get DEAD for
three and a half Days now

Oh, before I forget, I was raised up by a mysterious power of some kind. Which sounds like what shos claimed, hence that one line of questioning D3.

Any questions?

---

Yos2 1840 wrote:I am also starting to have doubts about the existence of a SK; there are just too many missing kills, especially with the doc dead. Perhaps the mafia just had an extra one-shot kill or something?
I've certainly given that idea thought, though I wouldn't expect you to be the one bringing it up.

But frankly, if you'll excuse the arrogance, I think we can lynch scum without setup speculation here. Not that I haven't been saying this for, again, three and a half game Days.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1844, Vi wrote:

Yos2 1840 wrote:I am also starting to have doubts about the existence of a SK; there are just too many missing kills, especially with the doc dead. Perhaps the mafia just had an extra one-shot kill or something?
I've certainly given that idea thought, though I wouldn't expect you to be the one bringing it up.

But frankly, if you'll excuse the arrogance, I think we can lynch scum without setup speculation here. Not that I haven't been saying this for, again, three and a half game Days.

The reason for the setup speculation here is actually about you, since if:
A: a kill was prevented night 1 were saved day 1 by a doc protecting you, and
B: there is no SK, then
C: that would make you town

A is the weakest part of the logic here, since there are apparently quite a few other mechanisms that can stop a kill here (we've seen a roleblocker, a bulletproof, a doctor, and now you're claiming a role that can apparently self-protect in some situations), but still.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Day 4 votecount 1
(0) Zar:

(0) shos:

(0) Yosarian2:

(0) Magua:

(0) charter:
(1) Nuwen :
Vi,
(1) Vi:
Nuwen,

(5) Not voting :
Zar, charter ,shos, Magua, Yosarian2,

With 7 players, 4 votes are required to lynch.

Deadline reminder: the deadline is set to
Friday June the 22th.

Countdown:
(expired on 2012-06-22 12:00:00)
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Post by shos »

I want to see Nuwen's reaction to this.

I have to say that I *do* understand what nuwens point was, but Vi's gotten it nicely. What is your post restriction, btw?
I don't think that that mysterious power is related to me this time.

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by Zar »

I receieved yet another vision. This time, a repeat of yesterday's message.

I go into the same room I went yesterday and I like the ambience, but there seems to be a fine layer of dust covering the furniture. My thoughts wantder as I sit in the chair next to the big desk and the same three visions arise.

A blinding light that can't be stopped changing fate.
An ancient voice lacking vice or virtue
An entity with unquantifiable energy, deep and slow that can enter minds

And the visions end suddenly.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1845, Yosarian2 wrote:The reason for the setup speculation here is actually about you, since if:
A: a kill was prevented night 1 were saved day 1 by a doc protecting you, and
B: there is no SK, then
C: that would make you town

A is the weakest part of the logic here, since there are apparently quite a few other mechanisms that can stop a kill here (we've seen a roleblocker, a bulletproof, a doctor, and now you're claiming a role that can apparently self-protect in some situations), but still.
I agree with this all the way down. However, consider that Nuwen was kind enough to claim that she shot me N1. (no, this isn't a tunnel; this is me
reading her posts
in some kind of novel form of scumhunting) I don't know what to make of this pattern of kills any more, but tbh, that's okay. As long as we lynch scum Today - and that's more than possible - there's still a chance for whatever backstage craziness is out there to unravel.

---

shos 1847 wrote:What is your post restriction, btw?
Oh I don't actually HAVE a post restriction but I just generally ramble about my insatiable craving for DUCK cooked in honey and garlic in casual conversation. [/sarcasm]

Srsly, I'm wandering this cruel world without a STOMACH. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE. (MAYBE. BECAUSE YOU'RE A ROCK.) I'm going to be stuck bemoaning my cruel foodless fate until the end of the game. The duck, cooked, honey, and garlic are all required words and lamentation is a required action. This is NOT Paranoia; happiness is
treason

---

It occurs to me that Nuwen hasn't actually claimed anything except a role name, and doesn't seem to be making any plans to change that. Why Is That. I would actually advocate her claiming before Magua.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”