Dungeons and Dragons

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #62 (isolation #0) » Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 51, OhGodMyLife wrote:Thinking about running a Mish Mash Pathfinder game with short, strict deadlines for a fast pace of play (something like 24 hours, at least for battles). Who would be interested / available to keep up that kind of schedule?

Also, anyone know a good, simple way to make images of maps?

I would be immensely interested.

Also, if anyone ever needs another person for an outside-mafiascum online game, I'm super interested. I'm experienced with 3.5 and Spirit of the Century and could pick up Pathfinder I suspect easily enough. My normal group had to break up since we graduate from undergrad and spread all over the place with conflicting schedules.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by AniX »

I'm currently writing up a modern day game. No magic, Level 1, Level 2 and up players will get access to campaign-specific prestige classes. I'm going to encourage and reward RP. Everyone is going to leave when the big twist rising action happens.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #122 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 121, bv310 wrote:So Roll20 is in Open Beta. Anyone tried it out?

Me and my group have been tooling around with it. It has its flaws (mostly with mapping), but I've seen worse.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by AniX »

Yeah, I'd definitely be down for a scummer game.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #142 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 140, The Fonz wrote:We should do a spirit of the century campaign. The rulebook's online.

I would pay someone real people money to GM a SotC game. I love it so much.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 161, Kcdaspot wrote:so is anyone gonna do a roll20 campaign?

I'm involved in two right now, actually: A standard DND campaign where I am playing a Muslim-themed Paladin5/GrayGuard1 with Pholtus and his Theocracy of the Pale refluffed as Allah and an Iranian-like nation respectively. And on Wednesday I am going to standard a Modernd20 zombie apocalypse campaign playing a Fashion Designer.

Thus far, roll20 is working out very nicely, although we were having a lot of trouble with getting the webcams to work and ended up just using Skype.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 am

Post by AniX »

I'd like to give a very, very rough idea of a game I'd like to run in case anyone here is really super interested in joining up:

I plan to run the game in the World of Darkness system. It will a mystery game set in a modern day high school. You'll have to figure out on your own whether that mystery involves mere mortals or monsters. But you yourselves will be normal everyday people. I would encourage you to play high school students or someone who would reasonably know and hang out with high school students (ie. a parent of another PC who is also a teacher, a club advisor), but I will permit any concept you want to run within reason. Just be aware that the less likely your concept is to be in a high school palling around with High School kids, that much more exponentially harder for you it will be to get anything done.

I will give the general warning that while I am running in the WoD system, it won't be a particularly grimdark game. It won't be slapstick and serious issues won't be played for laughs, but it won't be too extreme in the other direction either. It will be as realistically dark as I can try and manage.

Bonuses will be given out for people who make an attempt to link their characters together with other characters, as to justify why they all hang out together. Best friends, relatives, dating, parent/child, being in the same club, etc. etc. I won't force you to do any of it nor will I penalize anyone who doesn't, but I will say that those who help me make it so I don't need to give all your characters detention in a library to get the party together will be rewarded.

For those who want to get an early start on character-building, all WoD books will be allowed but anything used that would make your character "more than human" will get your character rejected, so use your common sense.

If you know anyone else who'd want to get into a WoD game, let me know. This game lends itself to a bunch of people operating independently or even sub-groups that split up and rejoin depending on circumstances. It is high school, after all. I already have a few people definitely /in, but they are my normal crew so I'd love to get some free blood into this game to spice it up.

The game would be run online using roll20, which for those who don't know is a browser-based tabletop application. I've been using it for a while and it's been working pretty well.

Questions, comments, concerns, character ideas will be welcomed here or by e-mail (anix@11thhour.net for those not in the know)
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 am

Post by AniX »

In post 169, BBmolla wrote:
In post 167, Bub Bidderskins wrote:Wow, I forgot about this thread. Anyway, I finally started that DnD campaign that I created this thread for, and it went great. Our DM did a great job, especially considering it was his first time DMing. I decided to play as an Elf Ranger, and I love how my character turned out mechanically, but I feel like he's a really weak character RP-wise. Everybody else seemed to have much more interesting characters. Does anybody have any general tips for RPing an interesting character?

Write a background story.

I have a character who I made and didn't get a chance to play, but basically the name on his character sheet is fake. He came from an all human cleric chapel that was lead by his father. His father decided that it was time to stop discriminating and allowed other races to join. The other elder clerics were displeased about this and killed the father. My character was blamed, and quickly fled. He changed his name and hopes he can manage to become powerful enough to defeat all the elder clerics.

Backstories will definitely help your character, especially finding "what is driving my character to go on adventures."

100 percent agree. For the Islamic Paladin I mentioned earlier, I had 5 pages single-spaced of backstory that basically the DM is going to take and use as a primer for an entire "book" of the campaign.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “The Arcade”