Open 416: SCIENCE - Experiment Complete.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Oy! Watch the wagon there. It's already half full and we've just started.
Vote:BS200
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 5, Scigatt wrote:Oy! Watch the wagon there. It's already half full and we've just started.

EBWOP:Vote:BS2000
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 6, Scigatt wrote:
In post 5, Scigatt wrote:Oy! Watch the wagon there. It's already half full and we've just started.

EBWOP:Vote:BS2000

EBWOP^2:
Vote:BS2000
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 8, Voidedmafia wrote:SCIENCE!

And now back to our regularly-scheduled lynching programme.

Scigatt, why triple-post to fix a post that didn't need fixing?

I missed one "0" in the guy's name.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 10, Voidedmafia wrote:And the mod will totally not know who you're referring to because you forgot a zero. Right.

It's just the part of me that strives to be as correct as possible.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Does anybody else have anything they'd like to add?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 19, BS2000 wrote:
In post 15, Scigatt wrote:Does anybody else have anything they'd like to add?

Yes, why is an L-2 RVS wagon so worrying to you?

Unvote

It was only worrying in that that's how RVS lynches start. My original voting post was merely to head off that possibility.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 36, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
In post 18, Voidedmafia wrote:GNR, dafuq are those...things around the objection?

No idea, I didn't make the GIF, I found it.

I know what they are.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 55, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 42, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Yes and no. I didn't like the quick wagon given scum have daytalk and put 2 quick votes down and claimed lolquickhammer and oh sorry we didn't know. And it was a test to gage his reaction as well
I literally cannot make sense of this post and it just looks like a jumble of words put together to look like something. @Elmo: Can you please clarify this for me?

I think he was trying to do what I did on posts 5-7 and 20.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:30 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 62, Om of the Nom wrote:Uhh, any response to my case Elmo?

FoS:Om of the Nom

He said he was V/LA for several days two posts above yours. It hasn't bee 24 hours yet.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 64, Om of the Nom wrote:He posted after I made my case. Yet he didn't respond.

In post 65, Om of the Nom wrote:Also he didn't acknowledge my case at all.

FoS him for that if you feel like it, but don't expect him to respond to anything in V/LA.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 69, BS2000 wrote:
In post 63, Scigatt wrote:
In post 62, Om of the Nom wrote:Uhh, any response to my case Elmo?

FoS:Om of the Nom

He said he was V/LA for several days two posts above yours. It hasn't bee 24 hours yet.

Weird, I don't see how this should garner any suspicion. Possible busing?

I don't like his case on 55 either but I didn't want to mention it. I'll just say that considering the particulars of this game, 55 seems like a scumpost.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 71, Voidedmafia wrote:Do you agree with Elmo's townread on me, and the "reasons" stated for it, then?

Not necessarily, but I don't think it is helpful to the town to discuss that type of read in this game at this moment.

In post 72, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 70, Scigatt wrote:I don't like his case on 55 either but I didn't want to mention it. I'll just say that considering the particulars of this game, 55 seems like a scumpost.

Why? Also why didn't you mention it?

Your case didn't directly discuss whether Elmo's posts were scummy, but they were speculating on a connection between two players. In general, that might be useful to talk about later in the game, but as of this post no one has flipped yet, and that connection could easily be a dead end or could be manipulated by scum in the NK. Furthermore, in this game scum have further incentive to look for connections between players without considering their scumminess.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 74, Om of the Nom wrote:Where am I speculating about possible connections? What I said about BK implies I think BK is town.

I stated I found your post 55 scummy. All along I was talking about your post 55. Your thoughts on BS2000 weren't what I was referring to.

In post 75, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 73, Scigatt wrote:
In post 71, Voidedmafia wrote:Do you agree with Elmo's townread on me, and the "reasons" stated for it, then?

Not necessarily, but I don't think it is helpful to the town to discuss that type of read in this game at this moment.

Vijay, can we lynch him?

I don't think it's more helpful to town discuss seemingly unsubstantiated/weakly reasoned town reads in this game given what we know about the game. This is what I feel Elmo's claims are, and thus I think it is better for the town not to discuss it.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 78, Om of the Nom wrote:That doesn't address my question at all.

I wasn't ever talking about your opinion on BS2000 at all. Your post 55 talks about a 'case' on Elmo, which I thought was scummy.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 80, Om of the Nom wrote:VOTE: Scigatt
Are you being serious?
I ask you a question about the bulk of your case, and you pretend you never said anything like it?

In post 55, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 30, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I have my reasons. He's easy to read IMO and I feel he's town here though I was wrong last game we played.
I feel this is him trying to avoid the question. He sounds like he's trying to make it seem like he has reasons, but he really doesn't.
In post 32, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 18, Voidedmafia wrote:GNR, dafuq are those...things around the objection?

In post 10, Voidedmafia wrote:And the mod will totally not know who you're referring to because you forgot a zero. Right.

In post 8, Voidedmafia wrote:SCIENCE!

And now back to our regularly-scheduled lynching programme.

Scigatt, why triple-post to fix a post that didn't need fixing?

VOte: Scigatt

Out of order but you get the idea.
This has no elaboration at all, and most of this does not constitue a townread without further information. He makes it sound like we get the idea so that he doesn't have to explain further.
In post 40, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 39, BS2000 wrote:
In post 28, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:And VM get the early town read.
VOTE: BS2000

Is this vote random Elmo?

You tell me.
Again, this feels like dodging the question. He is implying that BS knows what he's talking about to both put BS under the bus and also to make it so Elmo doesn't have to explain.
In post 42, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Yes and no. I didn't like the quick wagon given scum have daytalk and put 2 quick votes down and claimed lolquickhammer and oh sorry we didn't know. And it was a test to gage his reaction as well
I literally cannot make sense of this post and it just looks like a jumble of words put together to look like something. @Elmo: Can you please clarify this for me?

The second post I quoted is post 55. In it you wounder how Elmo sees that VM is town. I think that this type of speculation is scummy, so I FoS you for this post and the fact that you push for it after he V/LAs. Nowhere do your thoughts on BS2000 enter into why I FoS'd you.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 82, Om of the Nom wrote:No, I never say anything about wondering why Elmo thought VM was town in that post. There is no connection speculation at all. And pusing something while someone is V/LA is completely viable.

Your first two quotes on that page are Elmo saying that VM seems town, and you ask about that. Also, both of those two quotes (posts 30 and 32) are in response to you asking about why Elmo thought VM was town. It seems that you were plenty interested in why Elmo thought VM was town. You weren't saying "oh there's a connection here" but half of that post rests on that implied connection.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 85, Om of the Nom wrote:No, I'm not connecting the two at all. I'm commenting on how Elmo's actions about that were scummy, not how VM's were.

Half of the content on that post was on your questioning how Elmo thought VM was scum. While you weren't explicitly stating a connection, your posts lead me to believe that you were very interested in how Elmo knew VM was town.

In post 86, Voidedmafia wrote:Yes, it's very good to discuss these reads so we can tell if it's weak reasoning for the purposes of getting an easy read to coast on or not. In fact, I fail to see why you shouldn't press them anyways regardless of the day (RVS period excepted).

Not necessarily in games with masons in them. Scum could be trying to suss them out if they press on the town reads.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 88, Om of the Nom wrote:No, I wasn't questioning how he thought VM was town, I was questioning his motives for the actions he made (like not elaborating on anything).

Okay, let's go into your post 55 quotes.

The first two quotes are suspicions on Elmo based on the fact that he cleared VM seemingly without reason. I'll get back to this.
The third quote (post 40) is where Elmo does not explain his vote on post 28.
The fourth quote is Elmo trying to explain his vote(post 42):

The first part of that post says he "didn't like the quick wagon given scum have daytalk". He also states a possible consequence of that: " put 2 quick votes down and claimed lolquickhammer and oh sorry we didn't know". It is reasonable to conclude that he was worried about the possibility of a scum-coordinated quickhammer. The last part of that post stated that he wanted to get a reaction, presumably from the person he voted (BS2000). Stating that part of the purpose of his vote would have hampered that, so he didn't, right away.

So, out of 4 quotes, two were on question of how Elmo knew VM was town, and of the other two, Om could have sussed out the reasoning of one of the quotes by looking at the other quote more carefully. He also wanted Elmo to respond to that. Two of which could have been easily explained from what was given and others, like BS's post 58. and the other two were basically asking how Elmo knew VM was town.

Voidedmafia wrote:...So? Mason connections are only good if the person in question flips Mason, just like scum connections. Besides, if he's going to call me town from shit like that, I wanna know why.

Mason connections are only good for
Town
if they are confirmed. Prospective mason connections can help scum if they try to NK the masons. Also, in general(i.e. not just this game), just because you want to know, whether you are town or not, the scum will likely find out as well, as scum knows whatever town(as a whole) knows, and sometimes it's better for the scum not to know, even if you don't get to.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 90, Om of the Nom wrote:Why does me being interested in Elmo's town read make me scum anyway?

Mason know that they are town. As they can confirm each other in the late game if they are both still alive, scum have an interest in finding and killing at least one of them. As masons know they are town, they may slip and note that someone is town for less than solid reasons. Interested scum will want to know about this.

Om of the Nom wrote:How I explain things and how Elmo explains things are completely different, especially if I didn't make the post and he did. I want his explanation so I can get answers from him. I can't just assume everything myself or I'll get nowhere.

You'll get nowhere complaining that Elmo didn't answer your questions while he's V/LA either. You have to work with what is available, and if he isn't, then you have to do your best to look at his past posts.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 99, Om of the Nom wrote:So by calling me out for what you think may potentially be Mason fishing, you totally just claimed who you thought could be Masons. Yeah, nice job there. That also must mean it's a Me/VM scumteam, since he was interested too.

Also:
1. The posts where Elmo made his town case on VM were there regardless of whether I made my case against you or not, and all I did was note that you were curious about this.
2. I made note of this on my post 70, in that I didn't want to fully reveal my motivations.
3. VM knows his own role, so VM would definitely know if Elmo's town read was to masonry of not. That question is still open to you.

Okay then, everytime you ask me a question while I'm asleep/at school I'll make sure to FoS you. You won't get anywhere asking me questions while I'm not here.

Don't be a dick. He said he was V/LA, and you are not.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 107, Om of the Nom wrote:1. Again, there is no scum motivation in asking to explain town reads. You say you think I'm Mason fishing without considering that Elmo could just be read faking.
3. What are you getting at here? I know I'm town and I also know I'm not a Mason. So I can't be sure of it.

What does being V/LA matter anyway? It's just extended leave.

1. At the beginning of this sequence I FoS'd you for doing something potentially scummy. All through this I have tried to answering your questions about this and why I placed that FoS(which wouldn't have necessarily amounted to a vote even if you weren't at L-2). The possibility of a fake read is noted, then, but I must disagree with the first part of your statement. One of the interests of scum is to find town power roles, and depending on the what known about the setup of the game, that could entail any number of things.
3.To my knowledge, you didn't necessarily know what either VM or Elmo's roles are. Thus you can't rule out the possibility of a mason connection there. VM must necessarily know his own role, so he definitely knows whether he's mason with Elmo or not, so that can't be why he's questioning him.

And the last bit was a remark to this statement:
"Okay then, everytime you ask me a question while I'm asleep/at school I'll make sure to FoS you. You won't get anywhere asking me questions while I'm not here."
There's a big difference between merely not being in the thread and V/LA, which is the entire point of V/LA.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 110, Voidedmafia wrote:Y

Also, just because you're V/LA doesn't necessarily mean you can't post. It by and large just means that for a certain extended period of time they shouldn't expect you to be posting.

Which is exactly why shouldn't let someone who is V/LA to hold up your game. That is what that last part of my post 98 was saying what Om mocked in the last part of post 99.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 110, Voidedmafia wrote:Yes you were, no they didn't, and yes it was hard.

Why am I town, Elmo? And Scigatt, shut up and let him answer it.

- 1. Again, unless Elmo or myself flip Mason, there should be no aversions to questioning townreads or anything like that. Your continued fearmongering is noted.
3. If Om doesn't know that, but if you can surmise that there isn't a Mason link between Elmo and I based on my questions, why can't Om have picked up on that as well, and doesn't that contradict your point here.

1. I believe that scum has incentive to do that specific action. If you know how to reconcile those two points, then I'll assent.
3a. His post 55 comes before you really question Elmo on his read, which is what I was basing my FoS on. You did question Elmo on his vote on BS before 55, though, and made posts on the read that seemed dismissive.
3b. I'm not saying that I figured out there was no role connection, but that I knew you could have figured out there was no role connection.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 117, Om of the Nom wrote:1. There is absolutely
no
scum motivation in asking for town reads to be explained. You are reaching quite far here.
3. I still don't get what you mean. Are you saying you know VM's role? I'm assuming our roles are the same, because I'm willing to bet he isn't a Mason, and I know I'm not either.

I questioned Elmo's vote too (well personally questioned, instead of asking him as it had already been done). You aren't making any sense.
Why is Voided the only one who could figure out there was no role connection?

1. I believe otherwise in this game, and I actually don't think that we'll get anywhere by continuing to argue this point.
3. VM knows
his own
role, thus he would know whether he was mason with Elmo or not, thus he wouldn't be curious as to whether Elmo's town read comes from masonry.

Also, questioning the vote was just something I stated VM did to contrast with his actions on the read before post 55.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 120, Voidedmafia wrote: - 1. I already did, you're just not accepting it, scum. Besides, scum probably might want to actually dissuade that sort of talk in some cases so that astute townies don't figure out who the masons (or one of them) might be before they do. Or to potentially catch them through possible unintentional slips. Besides, any mason we find are effectively a forced kill for scum (barring a mason found through a lynch, obv), though the effectiveness of such a tactic depends on how good we are at lynching. The fact remains that there is still no sure sign that discussing townreads is bad, and thus I will continue to do so unless proven otherwise.

(on a semi-related note, I suppose Elmo explained himself, though I'm annoyed that it's just "meta")

3a. THere's a difference between "really questioning" and "not questioning". I will not deny that identifying the connection (or the lack thereof) is undoubtedly easier with the "really" there, but unless I didn't push it beforehand this is kinda baseless.
3b. to kinda retone the end of : Why
am
I the only one?

1.I'll accept that(
UnFoS
), though I'm not sure you provided a satisfactory reason before.

3a.You made some posts that I saw as dismissive(49, 52), though you did question him once about it before 55(34). Compared to afterwards I thought there was a notable difference.
3b(and post 119 response). The key here is to know
VM's
role, not your own role(or more accurately, one of VM or Elmo's roles). VM definitely knows VM's role. Om may or may not know VM's role (if he does then the FoS was void.)
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 126, maxwell wrote:
But she blinded me with science

Votecount

Scigatt (2):
Om of the Nom, TheShadow
[L-2]

BS2000 (1):
Elmo TeH AzN
Om of the Nom (1):
BS2000
TheShadow (1):
Guy_Named_Riggs

Not Voting (2):
Scigatt, Voidedmafia

Deadline is Sunday, July 1 at 11:59 PM EST.

BS2000 has been prodded.

Can we get TheShadow prodded as well?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 133, syndromeofadown wrote:Okay caught up. Only big scumread is on Scigatt. If sci is scum, VM's vote on him and then subsequent unvote is scummy I think. Town reads on elmo and om.

I feel bad just posting this short sentence and not elaborating, but I have to leave right now. Rest assured I plan on being really active this game.

What do you think of me FoSing Om
instead of voting for him
at post 63, when he was at L-2?

Mod:What's you policy on twilight posting?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 151, syndromeofadown wrote:
In post 145, Scigatt wrote:What do you think of me FoSing Om instead of voting for him at post 63, when he was at L-2?

The important part about what Voided did was that he voted
and then unvoted
. This isn't scummy by itself, but it is a possible indication of being scumpartners if you are scum. Since you obviously can't figure out why scum partners would do this let me explain very slowly:

Action 1: Vote
This is done for distancing reasons. Scum might vote their partner earlier in the game when there's less risk of serious repercussions.

Action 2: Unvote
This indicates that they are afraid of their partner actually getting lynched. His reason being "he doesn't like L-1", but honestly if this were true I don't think he would have voted in the first place. I could be wrong though, but town doesn't usually unvote a scum read just because of one extra vote.

You didn't answer my question.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Scigatt »

@syndromeofadown:Currently, based on the information I have, I think you are the best lynch for the town.
Vote:syndromeofadown
I'm not ready to lynch you yet, as I believe new information could come up before deadline that could reveal a better lynch(i.e. information useful to town shows up). I find you scummy for trying to cut off that time.

In post 155, syndromeofadown wrote:I know, but I thought that's where this was leading. I think you're scum, therefore everything you do is scummy via confirmation bias.

So no new evidence will ever vindicate me? How open-minded.
Anyways, let me rephrase the question: Suppose you really thought I was scum, Om and VM are voting for me, but the only change is that their votes were random. Which is scummier, voting or FoSing?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 162, syndromeofadown wrote:
In post 160, Scigatt wrote:Anyways, let me rephrase the question: Suppose you really thought I was scum, Om and VM are voting for me, but the only change is that their votes were random. Which is scummier, voting or FoSing?

:?:

You're asking whether it's scummier to randomly vote or randomly FoS? What do I have to do with this?

This is a hypothetical situation. I'm asking that if an L-2 random wagon that you're not involved with happens to be on your main suspect, is it scummier to vote, or FoS? (i.e. The wagon, and not you, is random).
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Mod: Will likely not be posting for the next day or so.

Unvote
for now.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 179, syndromeofadown wrote:Scigatt explain why you unvoted me.

In post 168, Om of the Nom wrote:Why is FoS the scummier action?
Because you're not voting your top scumread AND refusing to commit to a read while staying out of VCA later on. Don't like FoS unless you're already voting someone else and it'd be impossible to vote the other guy at the same time.

Because I wouldn't be in the thread for a while and I didn't want the day to end while I was away. However, I am back now.
Vote:syndromeofadown
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 170, Voidedmafia wrote:And why are you voting GNR when you were just so gung-ho for lynching me?

Imagine I said this. Now please answer.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 186, syndromeofadown wrote:I wanted to get a reaction out of elmo/om

Elmo/Om: What do you think of syndromeofadown's vote change?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 192, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 191, Scigatt wrote:
In post 186, syndromeofadown wrote:I wanted to get a reaction out of elmo/om

Om: What do you think of syndromeofadown's vote change?

*coughfix'dcough*

Dammit.

Should have caught that.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Scigatt »

EBWOP:

In post 193, Om of the Nom wrote:I don't like how he's going after a lurker lynch, but that's the only problem I have.

So getting a reaction is an adequate reason to switch vote?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 201, Om of the Nom wrote:Why wouldn't it be?

In post 179, syndromeofadown wrote:
In post 168, Om of the Nom wrote:Why is FoS the scummier action?
Because you're not voting your top scumread
AND refusing to commit to a read while staying out of VCA later on. Don't like FoS unless you're already voting someone else and it'd be impossible to vote the other guy at the same time.

(Emphasis mine)

Syndromeofadown's scumreads didn't change that much over 1 1/2 pages, or am I wrong?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 204, Om of the Nom wrote:But the whole point is to get reactions.

It seems inconsistent to me, then, to say that not voting for your top scumread is scummy, and then change your vote twice to try to get a reaction, unless the scumread changed as well.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:07 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 210, Quinter wrote:
I originally had O2tN and Shadow as a team, but after ISOing O2tN, he's been townreading SOAD heavily, which I doubt would be a scum-scum interaction. No way they buddy that hard d1. I'm thinking O2tN and BS2000 now.

I noticed that too, but one could argue that maybe the scum figured that with only two of them, they both really needed to survive D1.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:46 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 217, Voidedmafia wrote: - Eh, I'll bite and call it town for now.

Though, regarding 55, exaggeration or not Elmo wasn't being very forthcoming with why he considered me a townread (or the fact that what he DID base it on is a meta that I could actually copy with some degree of effectiveness as town or scum if I had the frame of mind to properly work on it, but that's irrelevant).

- However, Om, I don't think he's calling you scum inasmuch as he finds that suspicious. This exaggeration is noted.

- SOAD, if you ascribe to the "amished tell", then I suppose. Otherwise, I wouldn't call it a loaded question.

- ..fuck the what is going on here?

- Sci, it's not necessarily imperative that both scum survive D1 this game, I don't think. I mean, yeah, they do need to be a good shot and get at least one mason between N1 and the night before Lylo so they don't screw themselves over with a mason bloc.

Though, perhaps I just need to refresh myself on Om, but IIRC I don't really recall him fitting any teams. Then again, I dislike calling teams before flips, so. (there's another thing that makes me wonder, too, but it's best left to speculation for now)

*coughfix'dcough*
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Scigatt »

EBWOP
In post 217, Voidedmafia wrote:

- Sci, it's not necessarily imperative that both scum survive D1 this game, I don't think. I mean, yeah, they do need to be a good shot and get at least one mason between N1 and the night before Lylo so they don't screw themselves over with a mason bloc.

It's not imperative, certainly, but it's down to what scum think is worse, losing 1/2 of the scum in D1, or surviving to D2 but with a link between them. The scum might deem buddying worth the risk.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #42) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 221, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 217, Voidedmafia wrote: - However, Om, I don't think he's calling you scum inasmuch as he finds that suspicious. This exaggeration is noted.

In post 210, Quinter wrote: - This case focuses on Elmo's early posts. It's exaggerated and the best "scumtell" from it is avoiding the question, which really isn't even accurate based on the posts. Early FOS goes on O2tN.

FOS on O2tN

I originally had O2tN and Shadow as a team, but after ISOing O2tN, he's been townreading SOAD heavily, which I doubt would be a scum-scum interaction. No way they buddy that hard d1. I'm thinking O2tN and BS2000 now.

I'm the only person who is consistently scum across all his team guesses.
Are you sure you can't reach farther than that?
VOTE: Voidedmafia

What do you think of the point I made in post 212? Syndromeofadown, I'd like you to respond to the sum of that post and post 203.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 227, Om of the Nom wrote:I've voted weirdly to get reactions before as town. I see no problem with it.

And syndromeofadown would find that suspicious, if he were being true to his post 179.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 235, Malakittens wrote:Guy_Named_Riggs: Basically post #123 votes Shadow due to his lack of explanation on his vote of Scigatt. Has a town read on both Elmo/Scigatt.

BS2000
Malakittens: Bs2000 RVS votes OotN. Asks Scigatt for explanation of a worry feeling of a L-2 wagon. Asks Elmo if the vote on him was random.(I Didn't like Elmo's response to it.), Ask Shadow if he was new. Questions Elmo about his town read on VM. You guys get the rest. >.>

Scigatt: As of right now you are on my radar for the biggest scum read. A RVS wagon is mainly to start discussion off, but yet he was worried about it. Now, I can take this worry one of two ways; 1. You are defending a town to blend in as scum pretending to be town. 2. OotN is your scum buddy and you were scared of him possibly being lynched by RVS votes.

So you think there's no way I'd do this without being scum?

I'm not liking #61 post mainly because OotN asked for clarification FROM Elmo not you, but you answered it for him. I don't like someone answering a question before the person answers it first. Sometimes the answer can get changed due to someone answering it for them. So in the future before you decide to answer a question for someone.. Make sure the person to whom the question was directed to answers it first.

Fair enough, but it is a habit of mine, at least where I'm not too out of it to where I should replace out.

Posts #63, 66 are unusual because the defense of Elmo was not necessary in that pattern.

Om pushing for info on a V/LA really bothered me. While I didn't base my case on that, that's one thing I really don't like, and not just from a scumhunting point of view.

My response to #70 is that #55 does not look like a scum post.

I thought it was arguable then.

#73 smells like a scum post. Mainly because withholding explanations isn't helpful. You also indirectly commented that VM could be role fishing. >.>

The lack of explanation isn't helpful to anyone, but if there is an explanation, one must consider if it is more helpful to town than to scum. At the time I thought it balanced towards scum. Also, if I did indirectly comment on VM, I didn't mean to. In fact I spend a few posts later on arguing that he couldn't be role fishing from Elmo's read.

#87 seems to think that you are starting to possibly build a case on OotN and VM for possible role fishing, but I don't see how asking someone to clarify their reads is at all pushing for anything.

In Om's case, I was building on my post 55, which was exactly that. In VM's case

#95/98 are implying that you think Elmo could be a mason with VM.

I wouldn't say that's an erroneous statement.

Either way the constant defense of Elmo is noted and also along with the discussion between OotN due to it.

How far are you into the game? I don't think I did anything that could be construed as Elmo/Quint defence after post 121.

Also, I notice that the only person he really didn't give a read on either way was GNR.

This is pretty much true, although if I'm not mistaken, the only substantial interaction with your position before this post was I gave was a vote that I cast in the RVS that didn't have anything to do with your scumminess. (See post 20)

Few things:
- Please give a viable explanations when you decide to vote.
- If someone asks a question please wait til they answer it before answering it or commenting regarding it. It clouds people's decisions on answering.

The first I always try to do. For the second I can't promise anything.

Question for syndromeofadown, VM, Om, and Malakittens:
Do you think there is anything that any player could reasonably say (other than claiming) that could convince you that I'm not the best lynch for today? If there is, I don't want you to tell me what it is. All I want is simple yes/no. If all of you say no, then any further conversation is pointless and you should lynch me now. The major point of day conversation for the town is to steer the lynch. You could discuss more to gauge connections, but personally I think that helps scum more, especially when the lynch is decided.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 241, Malakittens wrote:Yes, but based on your actions it will be hard to change my mind.

You never answered how far you were into the game.

Quinter wrote:Scigatt should claim

My claim won't help. VT claims are useless.

Om of the Nom wrote:VOTE: Scigatt
We really need a lynch. Deadline is coming up fast.

Normally I would say to hold up on that, but considering the circumstances, I won't bother here.

In post 247, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:back from v/la
give me time to reread and catch-up

Hurry up, then. I'll be here, refreshing.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am

Post by Scigatt »

Actually, I changed my mind. Sorry, GNR.

Vote: Scigatt

Two things before the day ends, just in case I don't get in another post during twilight.

1. Asking for someone on V/LA is just fucking rude. You're basically saying 'I don't give a crap about your life, answer my question'.
2. In response to posts 241-244, I believe scum like to make themselves appear open-minded.
3. Masons, don't claim unless you have to.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:22 am

Post by Scigatt »

At least I got the gut read right in the dead thread.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:29 am

Post by Scigatt »

EBWOP: Here is the PM I sent the mod after D1.
Scigatt wrote:Mod, I am voting for myself because I don't think that the lynch will be moving anywhere else and and any more talk will just give scum more ideas for the NK. Thus I believe ending the day now is a town move. I just wanted to explain why I think hammering myself is playing to win. You may quote or paraphrase this PM in part or whole in the thread if you wish, but I would like to wait at least until I flip. Also, do you have an afterlife thread set up?

I truly thought that syndromeofadown and Malakittens were scum on post 249, so I figured I had no chance at all, hence the hammer. I was thinking about doing it on post 248, too.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 285, maxwell wrote:
  • How's my modding? Did you think the deadlines were appropriate? Were votecounts frequent enough? Was my formatting ok?

• Did you enjoy playing this setup? Would you sign up for another game of it?

• This is the first recorded town win on this setup out of 4 games played. Do you think this setup is balanced? Why/Why not?

• If the setup is not balanced, what should be changed about it?

• By the rules of this setup, the masons are stated to only be allowed to talk during the day. Is this fair? Would it be better/more interesting if the masons had night-chat?

• As far as I can tell, the mafia encryptor doesn't really do anything according to the rules as written. Would it be more interesting if lynching the mafia encryptor restricted mason chat?

• It was good. I would have preferred that you coloured the votecounts, but that's it.
  • It was...ok. I'm not sure I'd play it again though.
  • I'd mostly agree with syndromeofadown, but 1 out of 4 is small enough to be a statistical fluke.
  • I don't know, maybe make the mason a cop if his partner gets killed?
  • Again, I'd agree with syndromeofadown.
  • I don't really like that idea.

Return to “Completed Open Games”