Open 416: SCIENCE - Experiment Complete.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Look, i don't care if he thinks I'm scum, I'm town, or the magic jackrabbit Energizer bunny from the goddamn moon (Sig dat, Ommy! :p), he can and will explain himself. His read on me is completely irrelevant to the fact that the argument he's using to get that read SUCKS.

P-EDIT: I'd be voting Scigatt right now if it wouldn't L-1 him.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Siggin'
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Who's da man?

Can't hear ya!

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I'm da man!
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

NO YOU'RE NOT, I'M DA MAN!

You're the lucky lacky who got to sig it. -_-

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Post by maxwell »

As sweet as any harmony

Votecount

Om of the Nom (2):
Guy_Named_Riggs, BS2000
[L-2]

Scigatt (2):
Om of the Nom, TheShadow
[L-2]

BS2000 (1):
Elmo TeH AzN

Not Voting (2):
Scigatt, Voidedmafia

Deadline is Sunday, July 1 at 11:59 PM EST.

Guy_Named_Riggs has been prodded.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 99, Om of the Nom wrote:So by calling me out for what you think may potentially be Mason fishing, you totally just claimed who you thought could be Masons. Yeah, nice job there. That also must mean it's a Me/VM scumteam, since he was interested too.

Also:
1. The posts where Elmo made his town case on VM were there regardless of whether I made my case against you or not, and all I did was note that you were curious about this.
2. I made note of this on my post 70, in that I didn't want to fully reveal my motivations.
3. VM knows his own role, so VM would definitely know if Elmo's town read was to masonry of not. That question is still open to you.

Okay then, everytime you ask me a question while I'm asleep/at school I'll make sure to FoS you. You won't get anywhere asking me questions while I'm not here.

Don't be a dick. He said he was V/LA, and you are not.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

1. Again, there is no scum motivation in asking to explain town reads. You say you think I'm Mason fishing without considering that Elmo could just be read faking.
3. What are you getting at here? I know I'm town and I also know I'm not a Mason. So I can't be sure of it.

What does being V/LA matter anyway? It's just extended leave.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 107, Om of the Nom wrote:1. Again, there is no scum motivation in asking to explain town reads. You say you think I'm Mason fishing without considering that Elmo could just be read faking.
3. What are you getting at here? I know I'm town and I also know I'm not a Mason. So I can't be sure of it.

What does being V/LA matter anyway? It's just extended leave.

1. At the beginning of this sequence I FoS'd you for doing something potentially scummy. All through this I have tried to answering your questions about this and why I placed that FoS(which wouldn't have necessarily amounted to a vote even if you weren't at L-2). The possibility of a fake read is noted, then, but I must disagree with the first part of your statement. One of the interests of scum is to find town power roles, and depending on the what known about the setup of the game, that could entail any number of things.
3.To my knowledge, you didn't necessarily know what either VM or Elmo's roles are. Thus you can't rule out the possibility of a mason connection there. VM must necessarily know his own role, so he definitely knows whether he's mason with Elmo or not, so that can't be why he's questioning him.

And the last bit was a remark to this statement:
"Okay then, everytime you ask me a question while I'm asleep/at school I'll make sure to FoS you. You won't get anywhere asking me questions while I'm not here."
There's a big difference between merely not being in the thread and V/LA, which is the entire point of V/LA.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:01 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

I was to explain something here right? Well I think someone else already did. It wasn't hard to understand my post.

Also anyone notice BS has going all silent as well as GNR lately?
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Yes you were, no they didn't, and yes it was hard.

Why am I town, Elmo? And Scigatt, shut up and let him answer it.

- 1. Again, unless Elmo or myself flip Mason, there should be no aversions to questioning townreads or anything like that. Your continued fearmongering is noted.
3. If Om doesn't know that, but if you can surmise that there isn't a Mason link between Elmo and I based on my questions, why can't Om have picked up on that as well, and doesn't that contradict your point here.

Also, just because you're V/LA doesn't necessarily mean you can't post. It by and large just means that for a certain extended period of time they shouldn't expect you to be posting.

As for Elmo, while I'm sympathetic to his plight (heat strokes are pretty deadly), I imagine he would be inside for a time, and thus would have some sort of access to a computer and MS during that time. Thus, he could've posted and explained himself.

Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 110, Voidedmafia wrote:Yes you were, no they didn't, and yes it was hard.

- 1. Again, unless Elmo or myself flip Mason, there should be no aversions to questioning townreads or anything like that. Your continued fearmongering is noted.
3. If Om doesn't know that, but if you can surmise that there isn't a Mason link between Elmo and I based on my questions, why can't Om have picked up on that as well, and doesn't that contradict your point here.

Also, just because you're V/LA doesn't necessarily mean you can't post. It by and large just means that for a certain extended period of time they shouldn't expect you to be posting.

As for Elmo, while I'm sympathetic to his plight (heat strokes are pretty deadly), I imagine he would be inside for a time, and thus would have some sort of access to a computer and MS during that time. Thus, he could've posted and explained himself.

Comparing your play to the last time we played its different. As I said the newbie game we were in with TS. And its mostly a feel for how you play. While I had almost a heat stroke and access to a comp and phone.

I've been super busy as of late. Had an interview Tues as well work. Wed dr appt sleep went and saw gf's daughter work. Today I think was friday and had a pschologist appt and work later. Going caching in a bit as well. Tomorrow Interview for work and work. Sat Zoo & Commfest. So there you have it.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 110, Voidedmafia wrote:Yes you were, no they didn't, and yes it was hard.

Comparing your play to the last time we played its different. As I said the newbie game we were in with TS. And its mostly a feel for how you play. While I had almost a heat stroke and access to a comp and phone.

I've been super busy as of late. Had an interview Tues as well work. Wed dr appt sleep went and saw gf's daughter work. Today I think was friday and had a pschologist appt and work later. Going caching in a bit as well. Tomorrow Interview for work and work. Sat Zoo & Commfest. So there you have it.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Permanently V/LA
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 110, Voidedmafia wrote:Y

Which is exactly why shouldn't let someone who is V/LA to hold up your game. That is what that last part of my post 98 was saying what Om mocked in the last part of post 99.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Scigatt »

1. I believe that scum has incentive to do that specific action. If you know how to reconcile those two points, then I'll assent.
3a. His post 55 comes before you really question Elmo on his read, which is what I was basing my FoS on. You did question Elmo on his vote on BS before 55, though, and made posts on the read that seemed dismissive.
3b. I'm not saying that I figured out there was no role connection, but that I knew you could have figured out there was no role connection.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Sorry for the inactivity lately, will catch up tomorrow
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

1. There is absolutely
no
scum motivation in asking for town reads to be explained. You are reaching quite far here.
3. I still don't get what you mean. Are you saying you know VM's role? I'm assuming our roles are the same, because I'm willing to bet he isn't a Mason, and I know I'm not either.

I questioned Elmo's vote too (well personally questioned, instead of asking him as it had already been done). You aren't making any sense.
Why is Voided the only one who could figure out there was no role connection?

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 117, Om of the Nom wrote:1. There is absolutely
no
scum motivation in asking for town reads to be explained. You are reaching quite far here.
3. I still don't get what you mean. Are you saying you know VM's role? I'm assuming our roles are the same, because I'm willing to bet he isn't a Mason, and I know I'm not either.

I questioned Elmo's vote too (well personally questioned, instead of asking him as it had already been done). You aren't making any sense.
Why is Voided the only one who could figure out there was no role connection?

1. I believe otherwise in this game, and I actually don't think that we'll get anywhere by continuing to argue this point.
3. VM knows
his own
role, thus he would know whether he was mason with Elmo or not, thus he wouldn't be curious as to whether Elmo's town read comes from masonry.

Also, questioning the vote was just something I stated VM did to contrast with his actions on the read before post 55.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

VM knows his own role. I know my own role. Why are you attacking only me and not attacking him too?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

- 1. I already did, you're just not accepting it, scum. Besides, scum probably might want to actually dissuade that sort of talk in some cases so that astute townies don't figure out who the masons (or one of them) might be before they do. Or to potentially catch them through possible unintentional slips. Besides, any mason we find are effectively a forced kill for scum (barring a mason found through a lynch, obv), though the effectiveness of such a tactic depends on how good we are at lynching. The fact remains that there is still no sure sign that discussing townreads is bad, and thus I will continue to do so unless proven otherwise.

(on a semi-related note, I suppose Elmo explained himself, though I'm annoyed that it's just "meta")

3a. THere's a difference between "really questioning" and "not questioning". I will not deny that identifying the connection (or the lack thereof) is undoubtedly easier with the "really" there, but unless I didn't push it beforehand this is kinda baseless.
3b. to kinda retone the end of : Why
am
I the only one?

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 120, Voidedmafia wrote: - 1. I already did, you're just not accepting it, scum. Besides, scum probably might want to actually dissuade that sort of talk in some cases so that astute townies don't figure out who the masons (or one of them) might be before they do. Or to potentially catch them through possible unintentional slips. Besides, any mason we find are effectively a forced kill for scum (barring a mason found through a lynch, obv), though the effectiveness of such a tactic depends on how good we are at lynching. The fact remains that there is still no sure sign that discussing townreads is bad, and thus I will continue to do so unless proven otherwise.

(on a semi-related note, I suppose Elmo explained himself, though I'm annoyed that it's just "meta")

3a. THere's a difference between "really questioning" and "not questioning". I will not deny that identifying the connection (or the lack thereof) is undoubtedly easier with the "really" there, but unless I didn't push it beforehand this is kinda baseless.
3b. to kinda retone the end of : Why
am
I the only one?

1.I'll accept that(
UnFoS
), though I'm not sure you provided a satisfactory reason before.

3a.You made some posts that I saw as dismissive(49, 52), though you did question him once about it before 55(34). Compared to afterwards I thought there was a notable difference.
3b(and post 119 response). The key here is to know
VM's
role, not your own role(or more accurately, one of VM or Elmo's roles). VM definitely knows VM's role. Om may or may not know VM's role (if he does then the FoS was void.)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Feels more like I'm piling more onto an already topped-up plate that you refuse to see as full.

3a. But my point is that I did press it before 55.

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Vote:Shadow

His vote on scigatt seemed like joining a wagon that could end in a lynch without actually hammering. Doesn't give a lot of reasoning except for "large scum-vib"
Also, after checking his ISO, and the only reads he gives are all town reads, no scum reads, and no mention of scigatt before his vote.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Is that all you have to say?
What about Scigatt and Elmo?

Return to “Completed Open Games”