farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

unvote:
vote: Junpei

I'm not even close to done with you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Psyche »

This is the first game since that post that you used OMGUS as a selling point.

A post that explains your opinion of a tell should go far. I mean, that's an aspect of meta a guy should be able to think about reliably. >.>

If someone says in a recent game that he thinks a tell isn't a tell, but today is trying to get someone lynched for it...that's a reason to raise concerns.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by Junpei »

unvote

I guess, I don't think town would do that, making hammers scum claims, but if it makes you feel better.

pedit:
Farside. I assumed that you would interject if Psychs' research wasn't comprehensive enough. I trust Psyches' research abilities because of what he has done in MD. I'm really shocked that you're so upset over this.

pedit2: Psyche gets it obviously.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 376, Psyche wrote:This is the first game since that post that you used OMGUS as a selling point.

A post that explains your opinion of a tell should go far. I mean, that's an aspect of meta a guy should be able to think about reliably. >.>

If someone says in a recent game that he thinks a tell isn't a tell, but today is trying to get someone lynched for it...that's a reason to raise concerns.

Curiosity: Are you saying that you have never changed your views from game to game, based on things that happened to you in other games?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 377, Junpei wrote:
Farside. I assumed that you would interject if Psychs' research wasn't comprehensive enough. I trust Psyches' research abilities because of what he has done in MD. I'm really shocked that you're so upset over this.

You assumed someone's who alignment you should have no knowledge of is 100% honest with you?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 379, farside22 wrote:

You assumed someone's who alignment you should have no knowledge of is 100% honest with you?

Why the hell would Psyche as scum lie there? So that you can call him out on total bullshit? I trusted 1) he would not intentionally deceive me regardless of alignment 2) if for some reason the information was not purely showing you as scum that you would point out why. My vote wasn't putting you at L-1, after all.

Vote FatCat
Since you unvoted.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 369, Junpei wrote:
High percentage is an estimation.. what I mean is that I'd expect scum to do X MUCH MORE than town would do X. Why do you require so much research for every stance?

I do you ask so many stupid questions? Seriously, what is the point of asking why I didn't bring up something that would clear mean sooner? Do you think it was scummy that I didn't bring up points that could help me in my new views?

I'm assuming you did since you kept your vote on me after I showed the link to the other site I play that you still found me scummy by the way.

Why don't you tell me what you find scummy about FC and why my post that had one example from a game I played 6 months ago was enough to find me scummy?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 380, Junpei wrote:
In post 379, farside22 wrote:

Why the hell would Psyche as scum lie there? So that you can call him out on total bullshit? I trusted 1) he would not intentionally deceive me regardless of alignment 2) if for some reason the information was not purely showing you as scum that you would point out why. My vote wasn't putting you at L-1, after all.

Vote FatCat
Since you unvoted.

And this post bothers me most of all. Clear logic on why someone would do not do something as scum and how it would be dumb for someone to do, but you have treated me like I'm a dumb scum newbie. Can you explain why you think I'm dumb scum in your view that I would fall for what you called buzz word tells that only scum use?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

VC 1.11

(3) FatCat - DLG, Iknal, Junpei
(1) farside22 - FatCat
(1) Junpei - farside22

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Not Voting: Slaxx, Ellibereth, Deltabacon, Psyche

Deadline: Wednesday, June 27, 3pm EST

Spoiler: Vote History
Deltabacon
- FatCat > DLG > unvote
Slaxx
Robbnva
- farside22 > unvote | Junpei > unvote
Junpei
- DLG > farside22 > FatCat > unvote > FatCat
FatCat
- Pysche > DLG > Junpei > DLG > farside22
farside22
- FatCat > unvote > Deltabacon > FatCat > farside22 > FatCat > Junpei
DLG
- Psyche > Junpei > FatCat
Ellibereth
- Deltabacon > unvote >. Deltabacon > unvote
Iknal
- Deltabacon > unvote > FatCat
Psyche
- DLG > unvote > DLG > unvote > Deltabacon > FatCat > unvote > farside22 > unvote

If you spot any mistakes, please let me know.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by DLG »

Alright.

So, the Iknal disappearance is bothersome. If the set of {me, FatCat, Junpei, farside22} is all Town, this is just about a perfect Day for scum!Iknal and partner. Between knowing I'm Town, and my reads on Junpei and farside22, this idea is not far-fetched.

I'm still very much in favor of the FatCat lynch. I don't believe anything he's posted is inconsistent with him getting a scum role PM. This is taking into account what I believe was unvarnished truth, here.
FatCat wrote:
Don't be perplexed. I haven't been been putting in great effort since day 1 or 2. This is my first game and I had no idea these games were taken so seriously or went on for so long, I will happily say I am the village idiot.

That being said, I made a commitment to Amrun when I started this game that I wouldn't flake, so I am happy to see the game through to the end. I'm not going to put in the same levels of research or be as meticulous in what I say as Junpei, Psyche or Slaxx are. If the town went to lynch me, that's fine, I'm not the most useful poster in this thread (although it would be a misslynch). This will be my first and last game on this site, this site isn't really for me.

If FatCat flips Town, I'd investigate Iknal. If FatCat flips scum, I'd investigate Psyche. Will explain this below.

I don't see any difference in tone or intent in Junpei's push on farside22 as compared to his push on me. Both seem designed to pressure what he believes are scum. I don't think he's wrong to think that farside22 was contradicting her stated stance with respect to the viability of OMGUS as a tell. The basic problem I see with how farside22 went about things is that she didn't differentiate that FatCat's OMGUS was done in a scummy fashion as compared to how Town would OMGUS. In her push against FatCat, it was just "look at the OMGUS, lynch him". That indicates a belief that OMGUS is a scum-tell. I acknowldege that there was much more to the case, but this is specifically commenting on how she presented just this portion of the case. That makes Junpei's push justified.

From farside22's point-of-view, though, I don't think she was contradicting herself. I can see how FatCat's posts can be read as scum OMGUS. Since it seems that this was the primary way she digested and processed FatCat's posts/votes, it's not contrary to her belief that OMGUS (as a stand alone behavior) is null. From the perspective of wanting to push for a lynch on a scum read, using the commonly accepted vernacular to get her point across is acceptable. The burden of showing how FatCat's particular OMGUS behavior was scummy (to separate from her stance from another thread) wouldn't occur to her, unless she was overly conscious of making sure to not violate her "meta".

TL;DR re: Junpei v farside22
Town v Town

The push against farside22 was precipitated by Psyche's case. At face value, it looks Town motivated. It shows investment in discovering and lynching scum. I'm uncertain as to how he came away from the validity of it.

This brings me to why I'd look at Psyche if FatCat flips scum. The timing of Psyche's case coincided with growing FatCat dislike. Also, the disparaging defense of FatCat bugs me. I can see a scum motivation behind saying, "pay no attention to that guy, he's really just a VI." It serves to place his hypothetical partner in a fairly safe position. The push which generated the counter-wagon of farside22 is self-explanatory as a scum move.

This theory is not fool-proof. But, if FatCat does flip scum, I would definitely want it ruled out via investigation.

I'm willing to believe both Deltabacon and Ellibereth unless and until game events prove otherwise. Of the two, I think Ellibereth's is more believable. It fully explains his push for a mass-claim and confirms him as Town except in la-la land. I always have some disbelief of a Cop claim generated by being put to L-1, but meh. For some out-guess the Mod thoughts, why put a Cop in a game advertised as being for players who want to concentrate on scum-hunting? Probably paranoia talking, but it still itches at the back of my head.

Slaxx, I'm absolutely null on. His impact on the game appears inoffensive, for lack of a better word. This bugs me at a paranoia level, but I certainly don't consider him a scum read.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

bodyguard + 6 townie + 2 scum is imbalanced
bodyguard + cop + 5 townie + 2 scum is balanced

therefore etc.

why didn't you see this?
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

God how anyone read DGL scum with what he just posted above makes we wonder if I missed something with all the back and forth earlier in the game that had people concluding him as scum.

If we are going to discuss cop thoughts, the simple thing is to have the cop check Jun/me/ikn
I think those are the top 3 suspect most discussed today. Elli's choice should be a no brainer.
Also if FC is scum like I suspect then I'm pretty certain his comment about mafia goon's only in this game leads me to believe that scum have no PR.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Junpei »

Farside: I'll respond to your questions either later tonight or tomorrow, I want to give that FC point detail.

I want the cop to investigate Iknal easily. I can catch scum that is posting, but not if they don't post. If somehow we didn't lynch FC today then I'd want him investigated.

FatCat
FatCat
Townie
FatCat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by FatCat »

Hey Junpei...why are you voting for me I'm town:-(

Are you anxious to see someone lynched?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 388, FatCat wrote:Hey Junpei...why are you voting for me I'm town:-(

Are you anxious to see someone lynched?

You...don't know why she's voting for you.
FatCat
FatCat
Townie
FatCat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by FatCat »

Farside, pretty interesting change of vote when I was L-1, despite that fact for the last week you've been bleating like a sheep that I was guilty. If you genuinely think I'm guilty why did you change your vote, do you give a shit whether the town catch a guilty man or not? Evidently not. Combine that with you voting for yourself to make you L-1 in the past, it's pretty obvious you're a mafia suffering from fancy play syndrome.

I don't give a monkey's uncle about saving my own soul, it's pretty obvious you're guilty, I know how you're gonna play if off when I get lynched "oh ignore him, he was the VI, he was clueless", but my fellow villagers are too wise for that.

Farside, you may win this battle, but you will lose the war.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

-_-
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

FatCat wrote:Farside, pretty interesting change of vote when I was L-1, despite that fact for the last week you've been bleating like a sheep that I was guilty. If you genuinely think I'm guilty why did you change your vote, do you give a shit whether the town catch a guilty man or not? Evidently not. Combine that with you voting for yourself to make you L-1 in the past, it's pretty obvious you're a mafia suffering from fancy play syndrome.

I decided you either are not reading shit in this game which is scummy in my head or you don't give a shit what happens in this game which makes you as useless as a third tit on me.
Either way you being lynch is better for the town.

I don't give a monkey's uncle about saving my own soul, it's pretty obvious you're guilty, I know how you're gonna play if off when I get lynched "oh ignore him, he was the VI, he was clueless", but my fellow villagers are too wise for that.

Wow so obvious. Apparently you think mafia is a guessing game but I'm obvious scum. Is there anything in this game you have not contradicted yourself on.
Not once have you made anything of a case and latched onto whatever worked without making a single view of your own. If you want to call that your town game, then show examples........oh that's right you apparently play a game online where you use your RL info......did I mention I don't believe that?
Pretty sure I haven't. Something you don't have to prove, you can lie about, but I caught on you had mafia experience and you want to use VI as an excuse without proof. That's hysterical stuff.

unvote:

vote: FC
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

chill out with the votes guys
I don't know how close he is to dead but relatively close?
we'll sit and wait for ikky
and slaxx
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

and well me but etccccccc
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 393, Ellibereth wrote:chill out with the votes guys
I don't know how close he is to dead but relatively close?
we'll sit and wait for ikky
and slaxx

:roll:

ikky may replace out.
unvote
FatCat
FatCat
Townie
FatCat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 am

Post by FatCat »

Know this farside. When I die, they will sing ballads of my name in the taverns of the town, they will erect a statue of me in the town square. Parents will name their male first borns after me.

"Fatcat, the handsome martyr!!" they shall sing, "died revealing the guilt of she-devil Farside!"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Slaxx »

I'm out of town for a day. I'll be back tonight.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:12 am

Post by DLG »

In post 396, FatCat wrote:Know this farside. When I die, they will sing ballads of my name in the taverns of the town, they will erect a statue of me in the town square. Parents will name their male first borns after me.

"Fatcat, the handsome martyr!!" they shall sing, "died revealing the guilt of she-devil Farside!"

Holy hell! It must be incredibly fun to play knowing you don't care what-so-ever what anyone thinks about your play. I'm not kidding. This has got to be unadulterated fun for you.

How about this verse?

"I named my son FatCat, the self-proclaimed martyr,
God, how I wish I'd had a daughter!"
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
FatCat
FatCat
Townie
FatCat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 am

Post by FatCat »

In post 398, DLG wrote:
In post 396, FatCat wrote:Know this farside. When I die, they will sing ballads of my name in the taverns of the town, they will erect a statue of me in the town square. Parents will name their male first borns after me.

Holy hell! It must be incredibly fun to play knowing you don't care what-so-ever what anyone thinks about your play. I'm not kidding. This has got to be unadulterated fun for you.

How about this verse?

"I named my son FatCat, the self-proclaimed martyr,
God, how I wish I'd had a daughter!"

Richly comic DLG. You may not want to name your firstborn son Fatcat at the moment. But if you truly are a townie, your heart my guide you differently as the game progresses.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”