Open 411: The game of C9++! (Game over: Town Win!)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Almost as soon as the host had announced the start, the contestants had begin debating amongst themselves, with the host and a few announcers providing commentary over their decisions.

"As you can see, each person has a special device in their hand," the host explains. "By pressing one button and typing out one of the other's names, they can make part of the circles that player is on light up. Once it's full, that person has been voted out of the game and dooooown they go!"

The debates lasted for most of the allotted time for this period, but eventually they settled on Mastermind. As the last vote was in place, the host announced, "Well, it looks they've made a decision! Time to see if they've chosen correctly!"

The glowing sides underneath mastermind spin around before flashing red as a buzzer sound.

"ooooh, looks like they chose wrong!" the host says in a sorrowful town. "Looks like they'll have to choose better next time!"

As soon as he finishes, the platform under mastermind drops open and mastermind falls into it with a sudden gasp. When they close up, they show the role that mastermind really was.

"All right, folks," the host turns to the audience. "It's time for a ten-minute break as our remaining insurgents get some time to discuss. Be sure to be back in your seat so you don't miss any of the action!"

THe lights dim on the stage so they can't see as the audience goes to take care of any business they need to.

mastermind,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched day 1.

Night 1 begins. All actions must be sent in (expired on 2012-06-23 14:26:13), or by 2:30 PM on June 23rd, 2012.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

As the crowd files back into their seats, the master appears lower on the stage, the lights cleverly placed to prevent the darkness on-stage from being lifted.

"Such cleverness," he intones deeply. "While we all have availed ourselves to our necessities, the infiltrators amongst our contestants have been conspiring, carefully deciding who should be the one to take the proverbial bullet. Now, shall we see who they have chosen?"

When the crowd resounds with a roaring, "YES!" the master laughs and throws a hand to the stage. "Then let the darkness be lifted! Who shall be missing from the stage now?"

A drumroll plays over them all as a tense silence falls over the crowd. They wait a minute before the darkness lifts on the stage to see...

The same twelve players as when they left.

A shocked silence falls over the crowed. What happened?

"What is this?" The master exclaims in an incredulous voice. "Have the infiltrators been unable to produce their 'kill'?" He turns to the crowd and grins conspiratorally. "Perhaps there is more to this game than we think."

He spreads his arms wide. "But for now, please enjoy the second part of the Game of C9!" Applause erupts from the audience as the twelve remaining players begin to argue once more.

No one was killed Night 1. Day 2 begins

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.00:

Not voting - Alduskkel, vijay2vasandani, Cynic Clinic, psyche, CF Riot, Venmar, absta101, OhGodMyLife, ac1983fan, Nobody Special, kondi2424, panzerjager

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-07-14 17:04:30), or by 4:00 PM on July 13th, 2012.

Also, apologies for not starting up in time. I lost track of the time. Thus, I've added an hour to the deadline to compensate for the hour lost.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Venmar »

No deaths. Very, very interesting indeed.

Here's what i got from this:
1. There is probably no Serial Killer, there weren't two kills, let alone one. Chances of a Serial Killer are really low now i feel.
2. Someone was protected, meaning a doctor is probably actually present in this game.
3. Either number two is correct or the mafia went for a no kill, which i don't think is the likeliest chance right now.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Venmar »

Oh, and MasterMind flipping VT is still puzzling me.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:13 am

Post by absta101 »

Mastermind, why did you claim doctor?

The case on acfan still stands.
Welcome back all.
----
VOTE: Venmar
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 555, absta101 wrote:Mastermind, why did you claim doctor?

The case on acfan still stands.
Welcome back all.
----

Already? Seriously?
Scummy if i have ever seen it.

May i ask why or are you just going to be stubborn as you were from day 1?

absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:18 am

Post by absta101 »

What was the 'protown' purpose of post #553?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 557, absta101 wrote:What was the 'protown' purpose of post #553?

Must every post be pro-town? It was an opening post, showing what i thought of the night results.

Curious, who did you protect Absta? You did after all claim a protective role didn't you?

absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 am

Post by absta101 »

Venmar & ac are scum.

@Venmar
Curious, who did you protect Absta? You did after all claim a protective role didn't you?
This rolefishing is so obvious. Venmar have you ever played as scum before?
It was an opening post, showing what i thought of the night results.
Scum are more likely to comment on night outcomes that are detrimental to a faction.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 am

Post by kondi2424 »

So one scum in Venmar and absta. VOTE: absta
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:36 am

Post by absta101 »

Wtf is wrong with you kondi. Pay attention!
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:42 am

Post by CF Riot »

In post 553, Venmar wrote:2. Someone was protected, meaning a doctor is probably actually present in this game.
In post 511, CF Riot wrote:Town roleblocker is a possible role in this setup.
In post 514, CF Riot wrote:You can RB the scum sending in the kill to prevent it.

Venmar wrote:Curious, who did you protect Absta? You did after all claim a protective role didn't you?
This is pretty damn scummy. There's no reason to ask that.
absta101 wrote:
Scum are more likely to comment on night outcomes that are detrimental to a faction.
Is this the reasoning for your vote?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, I am still in this game.

It figures that mastermind was a mislynch — he lied to us. The fact that he wasn't a doc was a consolation prize for me.

So we can guess that the no-kill was the result of an effective doc protect, thereby clearing someone as town. Right?

I'll "reread the thread" when I get back from my exercise.
You can't step in the same river twice.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by absta101 »

Anyway, i'm currently re-reading the game. A scum connection between Venmar-acfan-Vijay looks likely at this stage. Other scummy people are NS and Kondi.
----
Psyche wrote:Why don't you switch to mastermind?
Vijay wrote:How about we get kondi and then swap over if nothing happens?
Vijay attempting to line up two misslynches. "Swap over if nothing happens"? This is what points to Kondi being town. Otherwise Kondi is scum. One look at his ISO would convince anyone of that.
Vijay wrote:@ absta: look at Venmar and the way he plays. He is naturally cautious, you can see it from his diction and just the way he constructs sentences. Thus, while unwarranted, I believe the caution is in line with how he would play as either alignment.
I don't know how you can tell he is 'naturally' cautious. This is such bs!
FOS: Vijay

----
@Psyche

I'm assuming part of your reason for disagreeing with an acfan lynch is because your strongest scum read (mm) was voting him. Will you now reconsider?
I've been sheeping you a bit in D1. I won't be doing that anymore. I don't trust you like I used to.
So we can guess that the no-kill was the result of an effective doc protect, thereby clearing someone as town. Right?
FFS, you as well? Do you actually want someone to confirm that there is a doc present?
FOS: Psyche

----
@Ald

Can you post your scum reads please.
----
@Venmar

Venmar wrote:and this play style of mine has thrown me under the spotlight in multiple games.
Again. Can you give examples please.
Also, scum reads would be nice.
----
@Riot

Not completely. You have to realise that I have had a scum read on Venmar since whenever. My vote at the start of this day was made so I could retrieve some reaction from Venmar to further strengthen my read on him.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Psyche »

I really don't see how any other explanation is viable. If so, then a doc claim now would clear two townies.

But whatever.

I still see nothing in the acfan case, but I'll temper my opinion on him down to

Just learned a new word — "semantic analysis" — maybe that'll help through the readthrough.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Venmar »

absta101 wrote:
@Venmar

Venmar wrote:and this play style of mine has thrown me under the spotlight in multiple games.
Again. Can you give examples please.

- I have played as scum before, if you want that as a read for your meta be my guest. Go check out Open 399, that was my very first scum game ever. It was probably the worst game i ever played because of the slips i made, and i think it is a bad example of what you're asking here absta, but it's something. I have played many games off-site on a website called poxnora, and i am not going to expand on that as to avoid looking like i am advertising the game. Other than my off-site game and Open 399, the only other game i completed was a Newbie game, forgot which one so i will look that up later. I can't link you ongoing games, because well, they are ongoing. From a personal feeling though, ever since my very first mafia game, the same behavior i did in that game has got me in trouble in others, like this one. Example are me being cautious and honest.

In post 562, CF Riot wrote:
Venmar wrote:Curious, who did you protect Absta? You did after all claim a protective role didn't you?
This is pretty damn scummy. There's no reason to ask that.

- Why not? Absta did claim a protective type of role am i right? Why should it be scummy to ask for who they targeted? Absta could have very well saved someone and if we looked at that person, we could be able to depict why the mafia would want to attack that certain person. I am maybe just not following your train of thought here, because in my eyes i saw no way how that was scummy, but maybe it was, i don't know. For my own benefit / good, could you explain why it was scummy?

In post 559, absta101 wrote:
@Venmar
This rolefishing is so obvious. Venmar have you ever played as scum before?

- 1. This is similar to what i said to Cynic, how is my question scummy? However i doubt it was rolephishing because he all already potentially know what role you have, so the harm in saying who is protected.. is what? I see rolephishing as someone trying to find out someone's role. Once you know their potential role i don't think it is rolephishing. Is asking a claimed cop for their night investigation role phishing as well by your logic? Also, yes i have played as scum before, and no i am not scum in this game unfortunately for you. Again, check Open 399 for my latest finished scum game.

- 2. Not necessarily. Definitely not in my eyes. Anyone can comment on the outcome of a night action. If there is no kill, like right now, someone making a conclusions that the chances of there being a SK are really low is scummy? It is something that anyone can note, not just mafia players or town power roles who have done something that has related to the night outcomes. While scum are more likely to comment on this, true, i am not scum and this is not one of those "more likely" situations.

In post 562, CF Riot wrote:
In post 553, Venmar wrote:2. Someone was protected, meaning a doctor is probably actually present in this game.
In post 511, CF Riot wrote:Town roleblocker is a possible role in this setup.
In post 514, CF Riot wrote:You can RB the scum sending in the kill to prevent it.

- A fair point. I personally just find the likeliness of a doctor protection more likely, but what you propose is also a very possible possibility. Thank you for pointing that out.

absta101 wrote:
@Venmar

Also, scum reads would be nice.

- I will make a list of scum reads later, i just came home from outside and i want to take a shower and make some food after this post is finished.

-------------

- I don't like to make this accusation but Absta has been tunneling me since the beginning of the game. Also AC partially, but i feel like he has been tunneling me the most and blindly swatting away people who really dare to defend me, while supporting those who go against me. Examples are, denying Vijay who was defending me and supporting Alduskkel who has been against me for the most part of this game.
- I also disagree with his case on AC for the most part, because i don't see how whiteknighting me is a scum tell, because it kind of isn't, and the thing about how AC scumhunts is complete opinion and is not a scum tell on its own. Again, reading some of the thread the cases put forward against AC aren't strong enough for what i feel is a lynch, but strong enough to keep an extensive eye on.

- I will be ISOing Psyche after my shower, i want to look over what he has said and i will make my scum and town reads as i have promised for Absta. Other than that, this post is finished, and more content in my next one.

vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Bad opening post is bad.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Venmar »

Scum / Scummy / Scummyish

- Absta
- Nobody Special ( Probably the weakest of these. )
- Vijay
- Alduskkel ( Kind of like NS, this is a weaker read right now, but i am still somewhat suspicious. )

Town

- Venmar ( me )
- Psyche
- MAYBE Kondi, but i don't know yet, more of leaning than being sure.

Null

- Everyone else.

PEdit: Oh... oh okay. Yeah this is bullshit.

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

VOTE: absta
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by PJ. »

Vote:absta

Also vijay's last few post yesterday reek of inside information.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Venmar »

I am not jumping on this absta vote jut yet, even though i think he is the scummiest right now. I want to see absta respond to all this first, see what Psyche posts, and wait until the full majority of the game gets in here. I will decide then if absta is worth the vote.

Cynic Clinic
Cynic Clinic
Goon
Cynic Clinic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Cynic Clinic »

Vote: Venmar
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 572, Cynic Clinic wrote:
Vote: Venmar

- Can you explain or are you just going to wagon?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump

Return to “Completed Open Games”