Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 74, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, I am in a game of League of legends right now, but its only 73 posts and we already have 2 players telling us they are scum. I will post about that shortly.

What? When were we able to play League of Legends.... IN SPPACCEEEE? :o
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Post by shos »

VOTE: tangoin for confirming last =0
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Post by Bitmap »

You know what this needs, some actual roleplay.
--------------------------------------------------------

Private Bitmap, Engineer of the "Flying Stallion" aboard! I just heard the news of Captain Briggs has been killed. Uhh, why with all the weird looks? Me, and alien? That's preposterous! I've been on this ship making sure our engines have been stabilized after those outsiders' attacks on our ship. I swear, I'm not one of them in disguise, I swear!

What about that fella?
*points at AngryPidgeon*

He's been acting fussy lately and been trying to get us to kill the other crew members on this ship. He might be one of those.... aliens...
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I guess I'll start with Bitmap.

I already said why post 57 is scummy in my post 65.

In post 66, Bitmap wrote:Ummm... lolwut? Did you even read my post? I was trying to be sincere in my post and not be a jerk by saying "I'm sorry if I'm making bad speculations or being rude but it just seems as a result of that, the game got off the wrong foot."

This is a scumslip. If you are TRYING to be sincere then by definition you are not being sincere. Being sincere means speaking from the heart and not carefully crafting what you are saying. If you are trying to be sincere then you are actively thinking about what you are saying sounds like to the recipient in hopes that it will sound sincere. In short, you are trying to SOUND sincere. This is what scum do. This is a scumslip.

In post 66, Bitmap wrote:
How is that telling BBMolla how to run a game? I was just giving my input or suggestion. I wasn't like "BBMolla, you aren't running the game correctly. You suck." I was legitimately worried that this game was compromised since the 3 people who happened to be banned were in this game.

See post 65. This is scummy because we had no reason to believe that this game was compromised. If the game were compromised, BBMolla would have taken care of it somehow. Your question is a subtle way of implying you do not know who the scum are ("Well MAYBE Hiab is scum because Malee suggested it,m but I really don't know for sure"). If you were town and genuinely had no idea who scum were and were concerned about the state of the game then you would not have dropped Hiab's name or called it out publicly. There simply is no motivation for pointing out a possible leak as a person with no information in a game that BBMolla implied was still running. The ONLY possible motivation for your post is to appear town subtly.

But I understand if this is your first time getting a scum role and you wish to feel empowered. Kudos to you for not being a VT this game. :cool:

So you are calling me scum but not voting for me. This is scummy.

Alright, here's my defense. I was worried that the wagon was filling way too quickly and was afraid of a Day 1 miss-lynch. Considering at the rate of that bandwagon, it seemed like it was and we probably could not get good reads on people. But considering that you seem intent on burning me to the stake, it seems like in one ear and out the other.

Ok, so now you are still talking to me because you clearly refer to me as "you seem intent on burning me to the stake" but you are responding to a point not made by me. I don't know what I think about that exactly, but it is odd.

Sometimes people have legitimate concerns
and I wouldn't ever attack someone even if they were scum on a legitimate concern on a game. I agree, I should of sent him a PM. My apologies on that part to you guys and BBmolla.

WTF? Earlier in this post you implied that you had done no wrong: "How is that telling BBMolla how to run a game? I was just giving my input or suggestion." and now you are apologizing for it and admitting to doing some wrong IN THE SAME POST. This tells me that you don't really know what you think about your actions and you are just trying to appease me. You contradicted yourself. This is scummy.

You kind of sound apologetic at the end of 66 but then posts 69 and 70 have no substance whatsoever and just serve to draw attention off of your scumslip and onto nothing in particular. I mean really this is an absolute "LOOK OVER HERE, IGNORE MY SCUMMY EARLIER POSTS" Red Herring.

In post 73, Bitmap wrote:@AngryPidgeon:

Reasons why you smell fishy:

1. Forcing a bandwagon.
2. Ad-hominem attacks.
3. Assuming and mis-reading my context.
4. Appeal to Majority
5. I honestly don't know what you are saying half the time.

VOTE: AngryPidgeon

No, I can't vote for you now. Either you really are really bad at playing scum or just heavy bandwagoning.

FOS: AngryPidgeon

1. Not actually a scumtell.
2. I just reviewed my posts and I NEVER Ad Hom'd this game. I want quoted proof of me doing it before this post.
3. This is mafia. Mis-reading intentions happens and is not a scum tell. It is a logical fault. I do not believe that I misread the intent of that post however.
4. LOL. 100% wrong. Appeal to majority fallacy is saying that statement A must be true because the majority believe it. I did not do that. I called for votes on you. I did not quote multiple people's cases against you and say that they must be right.
5. Also, not a scum tell.

And once again you call me scum and refuse to vote for me! (at least I think a strike through the vote means it doesn't count?) Expressing intent to vote without voting is scummy and you have now done it twice.

Also, in post 72 you once again express an intent to vote for me but don't do it. That makes 3 times.

Now, Hiraki is scummy for post 71, just not nearly as much as Bitmap.

In post 71, Hiraki wrote:Do I need to deal with this or can we just settle on the point that you're being nitpicky as fuck and should clear your head before saying anything else?

I didn't even read the thread yet, but the reason that I read most of this page and saw this shit made me want to kill.

badly

EXCUSE ME? I found a scum slip and you are telling me to ignore it? This is mafia. Townies are SUPPOSED to be nitpicky about posts because finding subtle tells is how you find scum. If you had said that you disagree with me about my perceived scum tell actually being a reliable tell, then I would understand that, but you are flat out telling me to ignore any scumtells I may find. Also, Bitmap, THIS is Ad Hom. Nothing I have posted is. Then Hiraki expresses an intent to vote for me but doesn't do it.

Tl;dr: both Hiraki and bitmap are scum together. Bitmap made a scumslip and is now floundering around to try and cover it up. Hirachi, realizing that Bitmap is about to get herself lynched, steps in and Ad Hom's me to get attention off of Bitmap. This is literally the easiest game of Mafia ever.

Now please vote Bitmap and when she flips scum vote for Hirachi Day 2.

P-edit: More BS to cover the scum slip.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Post by Bitmap »

/headdesk

In post 78, AngryPidgeon wrote:I guess I'll start with Bitmap.

I already said why post 57 is scummy in my post 65.

In post 66, Bitmap wrote:Ummm... lolwut? Did you even read my post? I was trying to be sincere in my post and not be a jerk by saying "I'm sorry if I'm making bad speculations or being rude but it just seems as a result of that, the game got off the wrong foot."

This is a scumslip. If you are TRYING to be sincere then by definition you are not being sincere.
Being sincere means speaking from the heart and not carefully crafting what you are saying.
If you are trying to be sincere then you are actively thinking about what you are saying sounds like to the recipient in hopes that it will sound sincere. In short, you are trying to SOUND sincere. This is what scum do. This is a scumslip.

*robotic voice*
CANT COMPUTE WORDS TO HEART BEEP! BOOP! BEEP!

In post 78, AngryPidgeon wrote:
How is that telling BBMolla how to run a game? I was just giving my input or suggestion. I wasn't like "BBMolla, you aren't running the game correctly. You suck." I was legitimately worried that this game was compromised since the 3 people who happened to be banned were in this game.

See post 65. This is scummy because we had no reason to believe that this game was compromised. If the game were compromised, BBMolla would have taken care of it
somehow
. Your question is a subtle way of implying you do not know who the scum are ("Well MAYBE Hiab is scum because Malee suggested it,m but I really don't know for sure"). If you were town and genuinely had no idea who scum were and were concerned about the state of the game then you would not have dropped Hiab's name or called it out publicly. There simply is no motivation for pointing out a possible leak as a person with no information in a game that BBMolla implied was still running. The ONLY possible motivation for your post is to appear town subtly.

Okay, I'm going to try my AngryPidgeon voice when I say this.

*AngryPidgeon voice*
So you don't think he could handle the situation?

VOTES PLEASE.

But I understand if this is your first time getting a scum role and you wish to feel empowered. Kudos to you for not being a VT this game. :cool:

So you are calling me scum but not voting for me. This is scummy.

No, I just wasn't sure if you were just really bad at this game and/or just really bad at playing townie.

Alright, here's my defense. I was worried that the wagon was filling way too quickly and was afraid of a Day 1 miss-lynch. Considering at the rate of that bandwagon, it seemed like it was and we probably could not get good reads on people. But considering that you seem intent on burning me to the stake, it seems like in one ear and out the other.

Ok, so now you are still talking to me because you clearly refer to me as "you seem intent on burning me to the stake" but you are responding to a point not made by me. I don't know what I think about that exactly, but it is odd.

Wat? :?

and I wouldn't ever attack someone even if they were scum on a legitimate concern on a game. I agree, I should of sent him a PM. My apologies on that part to you guys and BBmolla.

WTF? Earlier in this post you implied that you had done no wrong: "How is that telling BBMolla how to run a game? I was just giving my input or suggestion." and now you are apologizing for it and admitting to doing some wrong IN THE SAME POST. This tells me that you don't really know what you think about your actions and you are just trying to appease me. You contradicted yourself. This is scummy.

You kind of sound apologetic at the end of 66 but then posts 69 and 70 have no substance whatsoever and just serve to draw attention off of your scumslip and onto nothing in particular. I mean really this is an absolute "LOOK OVER HERE, IGNORE MY SCUMMY EARLIER POSTS" Red Herring.

First of all.... wat? Secondly, I was continuing my statement that if I made someone butthurt, I'm sorry.

*ahem*
I'm sorry, AngryPidgeon.

And 69 and 70 was just to make fun of your silly accusations. Don't take it personally.

AngryPidgeon wrote:

1. Forcing a bandwagon.
2. Ad-hominem attacks.
4. Appeal to Majority

No, I can't vote for you now. Either you really are really bad at playing scum or just heavy bandwagoning.

2. I just reviewed my posts and I NEVER Ad Hom'd this game. I want quoted proof of me doing it before this post.
3. This is mafia. Mis-reading intentions happens and is not a scum tell. It is a logical fault. I do not believe that I misread the intent of that post however.
4. LOL. 100% wrong. Appeal to majority fallacy is saying that statement A must be true because the majority believe it. I did not do that. I called for votes on you. I did not quote multiple people's cases against you and say that they must be right.

And once again you call me scum and refuse to vote for me! (at least I think a strike through the vote means it doesn't count?) Expressing intent to vote without voting is scummy and you have now done it twice.

Also, in post 72 you once again express an intent to vote for me but don't do it. That makes 3 times.

1. "HEY GUYS VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE GODDAMNIT FOR BITMAP! HE'S SCUM! HE'S SCUM! HE'S SCUM! HE'S SCUM! HE'S SCUM! HE'S SCUM! HE'S SCUM!"
2. Remember when you said that I wasn't sincere. There you go.
3. No, it just means you should think before you act.
4. No, you hopped on the bandwagon, and said "HEY LOOK! WE SHOULD VOTE FOR BITMAP SINCE THERE'S THIS NEAT BANDWAGON!"
5. Also, I lol'ed.

I FOS you because I want to believe that this is some clever scum plot somehow. Apparently, I was wrong.

AngryPidgeon wrote:
Tl;dr: both Hiraki and bitmap are scum together. Bitmap made a scumslip and is now floundering around to try and cover it up. Hirachi, realizing that Bitmap is about to get herself lynched, steps in and Ad Hom's me to get attention off of Bitmap. This is literally the easiest game of Mafia ever.

Now please vote Bitmap and when she flips scum vote for Hirachi Day 2.

P-edit: More BS to cover the scum slip.

This is hilarious. My sides hurt from laughing so much. I don't know if I should lynch you for being scum or not so you can say more stupid stuff.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Post by Bitmap »

And if you are a scum, I bet your scum partner wants to beat you with a fish around this point and will probably mention it in the QT.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:44 am

Post by Konowa »

Chill with the multi-quote walls.

In post 66, Bitmap wrote:Alright, here's my defense. I was worried that the wagon was filling way too quickly and was afraid of a Day 1 miss-lynch. Considering at the rate of that bandwagon, it seemed like it was and we probably could not get good reads on people. But considering that you seem intent on burning me to the stake, it seems like in one ear and out the other.

Two accounts of major fence-sitting and this delicious scumminess?
unvote;
vote Bitmap
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:09 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 54, help im a bug wrote:
What's the "you too" fallacy? I've never heard of it.

It is the most rampant fallacy on MS. Enjoy wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
For those who don't like hyper links:
A makes criticism P.
A is also guilty of P.
Therefore, P is dismissed.
The above is a fallacy. If you have problems with it, then use the hyper link :wink:

In post 56, wierdalexv wrote:I'm gonna be somewhat LA for the next few days. Baseball tournament, and I'm gonna be REALLY tired when I do have time to post.

I'll try to get a post containing content up tomorrow morning (before I go to the tournament) though.

When I played baseball they stuck me in the outfield to jsut stand there. You have no excuse. :P

In post 60, Tangion wrote:VOTE: bitmap

For not only starting the wagon on me but for also being the first to bail as soon as it was put under suspicion

I don't useually try to take credit for doing things, but wasn't I the one who started your wagon?

A vote. That is what this post is lacking. Also reeks of a soft omgus. At this stage his vote is as good as any. Why the need to go supper defensive.

1. Forcing a bandwagon.
2. Ad-hominem attacks.
4. Appeal to Majority

I smell a soft bus here. Why the hell aren't you voting for this guy. You have more "evidence" on this guy than on anybody else. Vote his ass if you feel that strongly. Why are you refraining.
In post 77, Bitmap wrote:You know what this needs, some actual roleplay.

No.

I literally have no idea what to make of the Pidgion/bitmap interaction. I really don't know. I should re-read it very carefully when I have more time.
after a wank.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 16, wierdalexv wrote:VOTE: Arugula
[Humorous joke related to vigging him last game]

This is prob. scum.

In post 21, CooLDoG wrote:
BB got my vote reversed!

Side note, it is debatable if July 4th is actually the day that America seperated from the UK.
it was intentional

:o

In post 24, Tangion wrote:/confirm
Why did you decide just to confirm here?

In post 29, wierdalexv wrote:Someone do something scummy so we can end RVS.

Please?
This is definitely scum here.

In post 39, AngryPidgeon wrote:Just Kidding I guess. Tangion wagon is a go.

UNVOTE: Malee
VOTE: Tangion
Are you expecting to pull some wool over everyone's eyes? This is a ehhh scumread.

Bitmap wrote:
Holy crap, this bandwagon's speed makes me think that tangion isn't a scum anymore and that scum are on this wagon.
You mean that scum might be on bandwagons???

GASP.

wierd wrote:
/Fencesitting
Just because you're saying it, doesn't mean anyone is going to do anything different about it

In post 49, CooLDoG wrote:Bitmap's sheep is noted for later reference.
That wasn't a sheep though...?

Bitmap wrote:Anyways, roflcopter seems to be eager to lynch me.
This is the only reason I can see that anyone would vote Bitmap at this point.

I want reasoning for rofl's vote.

AngryPidgeon wrote:Why the hell are you telling BBMolla how to mod his own game? As a townie you would just let him do it or send him a PM about it. I can, however, understand your motives for making this post as scum. You are trying to pretend tht you don't know who is scum by suggesting that the game may have been compromised when we had 0 reason to think it was.
Or, scum could've been within the three group and leaked out to other scum any PRs.

But no, seriously keep on rambling because Bitmap asking a question to the mod about a ban is
soooo
scummy.

AngryPidgeon wrote:So you weren't actually sincere?
Wow.

Am I really dealing with this crap? Oh no! A vote wasn't sincere in fucking RVS.

Congrats! You've found another player in the game!

What's that? You still don't know his alignment?

Oh.

AngryPidgeon wrote:If you are TRYING to be sincere then by definition you are not being sincere.
Okay.

You're new here. Since I'm the grumpy guy that doesn't like dealing with shit like this, I'm going to give you the lowdown.

See that? That's nitpicking. If everyone in this game was nitpicky, there'd be an increase in scum wins almost instantaneously. Why? Because no one is perfect. Oh well. He said trying. That's not a scumslip that's a mistake on his part. People do it all the time. I know I can't convince you because I'm totally scum for defending your scumread(which is a horrible flaw of logic anyway) but you're devolping bad traits. If you haven't played a newbie game yet, I advise you to do so very soon.

Also, just looking at post 78, you've been able to get something scummy out of just about all of Bitmap's posts.

That should be a sure sign that either he or you are a noob. Noob town or scum? You can choose that after you answer the first question.

Angry wrote:This is scummy because we had no reason to believe that this game was compromised.
Right. Because the same three people that compromised another game had a very low reason to try and compromise this game.

Riiiight.

Angry wrote:If the game were compromised, BBMolla would have taken care of it somehow.
This is the only point that's sort of true. It's not bad to be paranoid at times though.

Just drop this point, okay?

Angry wrote:So you are calling me scum but not voting for me. This is scummy.
I agree with you on this point, but I believe Bitmap is just trying to show an insult.

I'm kind of going to just skip the rest of this and call the both town--mainly ignoring Pidgeon for the rest of the game. I don't want to deal with this.

CooLDoG wrote:I smell a soft bus here.
Eh.

This actually makes sense and would be a brilliant plan.

Not something that I think Bitmap could/would pull-off though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:35 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 83, Hiraki wrote:
AngryPidgeon wrote:So you weren't actually sincere?
Wow.

Am I really dealing with this crap? Oh no! A vote wasn't sincere in fucking RVS.

Congrats! You've found another player in the game!

What's that? You still don't know his alignment?

Oh.

I'm not talking about RVS and you know it. I have been referring to post 57 in which Bitmap asks if the game is compromised while dropping Hiab's name and then post 66 in which he scumslipped. I don't care about Bitmap's vote even remotely. Why is it that you and he keep thinking that I do?

And in this entire post you are actively distancing yourself from Bitmap:
In post 83, Hiraki wrote:

Bitmap wrote:
Holy crap, this bandwagon's speed makes me think that tangion isn't a scum anymore and that scum are on this wagon.
You mean that scum might be on bandwagons???

GASP.

In post 83, Hiraki wrote:I'm kind of going to just skip the rest of this and call the both town

But you are also defending him fervently in the same post. Check out all the quotes in which Hiraki responds to me. He is calling me a noob and then talking me down. Then he flat out asks me to drop the point against Bitmap. He is trying to pull me off of Bitmap by dismissing the situation (see above quote) instead of actually analyzing any of the points that were made or taking a hard stance. You have called me scummy at least twice prior to this and now you are ignoring me/bitmap and labeling us conf-town?

You are scum. Bitmap is scum. If I had two votes I would vote both of you.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Hiraki »

Angry wrote:I don't care about Bitmap's vote even remotely.
Perhaps because your whole point there is that it's still about his vote?

Oh no! He described his vote by saying an indefinite word rather than a definite!

Kill it with fire!!!!!!

You can't distance and defend. You're not speaking straight.

I never called you confirmed town, so lol.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Bitmap »

@Hiraki: Day 1 ending within 3-4 pages wouldn't be beneficial to town.

@CooLDoG: And if I was to actually vote for him, you would of assumed it's a hard bus anyways.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:04 am

Post by Bitmap »

See post 73.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 am

Post by CooLDoG »

About angry... Angry is grasping at straws in my opinion. He seems like he is try to find a scum read too hard. It is only page 4, I can promise you that at page 4 there are probably no actually scum slips or scum tells that are actually legitimate. I like that you are trying to generate content, but I highly doubt that generating content is your actual motive here. I have a feeling that you are trying to find a "scum" and then do something with that. Either wagon it to a lynch, or wagon it to look townie. I don't think that this style of "MUST FIND SCUM READS, ALL OF YOU ARE SCUM BECAUSE OF ONE WORD IN YOUR POST" is townie. However, it is page 4, and you are new. I'm not sure if this is simply a carry over from wherever you played or not... but something seems off with this jump on every little thing attitude.

Keep in mind that townies are just as likely to make mistakes in their posting as scum.

@hiraki, you got me, it isn't a sheep. I meant to say parrot. For all practical purposes the imply the same motivation: piggybacking on other people's content.

I'm going to read over those two walls now (again).

ninja edit: No I would assume that it is consistent with your reads. It really isn't a scum tell to be wrong four pages in :roll:
What bugs me about you is the fact that you, as a supposed townie, only have one way of impacting the game. That is your vote. And you aren't putting that vote where you are telling us your strongest scum read is. That doesn't help you win the game as a townie. Most of my "scum reads" go off of motivation for fulfilling your win condition. Not voting for your top scum read is inconsistent with your win condition, and thus doesn't appear to be town motivated.

ninja edit 2: interesting vote there, why not earlier? That is the question now.
after a wank.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 am

Post by shos »

Oi, I can't believe what I'm seeing. last tiem I posted, it did not let me know tha there were two pages I missed.

anyway: reading those two walls, I'm gonna go and VOTE: Bitmap. The accuastions against him seem to be correct, and the way he started talking about the flavour without being asked to - it looks wierd to me.

I'll be checking this game at least once a day :)
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:14 am

Post by Bitmap »

I'll admit, I'm not experience with playing Mafia on the forums yet. In another game, we had a player use appeal to emotion to try to possibly wiggle his way out of getting lynched and he was a new player as well. Then he proceeded to say "Lynch me then. You'll be sorry for doing that." We are still debating if it's a scum tell or a town tell.

As for this, I'm not sure what to really think about Angry atm. There's a possibility he's scum or town and to just vote and have everyone bandwagon would be silly at just page 4.

I voted for him now because I'm not sure but I think he might be scum and as you said, a townie's power lies in his vote. Also, I'm using it as a threat to him. I want to see what else he says to further confirm my suspicions since an FOS wasn't enough for him to spill. And I can always unvote later.

Anyways, if you do intent on hammering me soon, at least let it get to page 8 so that we can have words to fall back on and greater our evidence.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 am

Post by Bitmap »

@shos: I did it cause I was making fun of Angry and hopefully getting an AtE from him.

Also, why don't people roleplay in games with heavy flavor?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Bitmap »

@CooLDoG: I have a question for you. If I do end up lynched, who are you leaning on voting for on Day 2?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

first thing about 78 is that pidg does not really understand what bitmap is trying to say. the famed bit map scum slip post:
Ummm... lolwut? Did you even read my post?
I was trying to be sincere in my post and not be a jerk by saying
"I'm sorry if I'm making bad speculations or being rude but it just seems as a result of that, the game got off the wrong foot."

The bolded is the controversial bit(haha, no pun intended). To me this has nothing to do with actually being sincere or not. All that bitmap was trying to say (again my opinion here) was that (looks for gender tag) he was trying not to be rude or coarse with whoever he might be talking to. He simply wanted to be civil and cordial. In my opinion the word sincere is not actually what bitmap meant, but one would all ways argue that this was a slip and betrayed his real motives. I, however, tend to disagree with that. This is simply bitmap trying to get along.

In the next second of the pidg wall, pidg is correct in saying that it is scummy to not vote for who you think is scum. Especially this early.

Pidg is is not sure what to make of bit's defense, which is basically "there might be a mislynch so I'm going to unvote to prevent that". I will say that this is null. Especially with a join date of about 8 days ago (alt detections aside).

I would submit that this really isn't scummy. Again, going back to motivation, why would scum Bitmap want to do this? Restarting the game would re-randomize the PMs so this is really irrelevant to alignment. However, pigd is trying to make the point that Bit is just trying to shake him off of his tale. I disagree. Why would you care about what the most scummy person thinks of you? Why does that matter? Maybe I'm thinking of what I would be thinking in her shoes, but I still don't see why he would care to appease pidg of all people.

1. Forcing a bandwagon.
2. Ad-hominem attacks.
4. Appeal to Majority

1, ehh maybe a scum tell if it was obvious that that person was an easy lynch or if the person was a PR or very townie. Forcing a Bandwagon is very conditional, and in RVS it is actually helpful. I agree with pidg, not a scum tell.
2, bad, yes, scummy no. Even if pidg did ad hom it simply means that his case on you isn't good, not that he is scummy. Town ad hom all the time.
3, possibly a scum tell if he did this just in order to et you lynched. You have given no real evidence as to where or how he did this ( I might not be reading your posts correctly, so if you did do this, feel free to call me out)
4, pidg is correct again. I really fail to see how this is scummy and where he actually did this.
5, obviously this is just an ad hom attack on pidg's grammatical styling. :]

I agree with the thrust of pidg's main attack on the lack of vote. I don't agree with the other stuff he says because most of it is truly irreverent.

Lastly, hiraki is correct that you are making a big deal about this "scum slip" when in reality it is basically nothing. That comment isn't scummy in the slightest. Expressing why you think it is a valid scum slip is fine, but calling him scummy simply because he disagrees with you is not valid, ever. Disagreement is null.

I'll get to bit's response later.

@bit, no idea as of yet.
after a wank.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Hiraki »

I feel that Bit has been pressured as a townie.

I'm going to take back my previous acknowledgement that both are probably town.

I feel that there's a slight(I mean, VERY slight) chance that Pidgeon could be aggressive scum so I'm going to put him on null.

Shos is probably scum. He's not this stupid.

I'd rather we concentrate on Weird/Shos today, rather than this garbage.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:45 am

Post by Bitmap »

So can you explain how Weird/Shos could be a scum team? You explained Shos but not Weird.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:51 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Why the fuck are you, bitmap, talking about hammering? Anybody who fucking hammers anybody on page 4 is either a certified VI or a pathetic scum player.

Also, my question was more along the lines of "what changed that made you vote?" Because from where I'm standing that seems like nothing. Anyway, back to the wall response.
after a wank.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:52 am

Post by Hiraki »

I don't care about teams.

You couldn't explain a team now anyway considering that shos has two posts.

Weird has done nothing while calling for action.

He's standing by hardcore.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 96, CooLDoG wrote:Why the fuck are you, bitmap, talking about hammering? Anybody who fucking hammers anybody on page 4 is either a certified VI or a pathetic scum player.

Also, my question was more along the lines of "what changed that made you vote?" Because from where I'm standing that seems like nothing. Anyway, back to the wall response.

I guess I was pressured into it because I was called out for soft bussing but then again, it wouldn't have made a difference because you would suspected I tried (horribly) to hide the bussing.

In post 97, Hiraki wrote:I don't care about teams.

You couldn't explain a team now anyway considering that shos has two posts.

Weird has done nothing while calling for action.

He's standing by hardcore.

What about Argula? She's been active lurking to this very point giving no content.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Arugula »

Bitmap's "scumslip" is not a scumslip. "Trying to be sincere" means that he was being sincere, but you (AngryPidgeon) didn't see it that way. Bitmap was just explaining his intention. But, I think AngryPidgeon is genuinely scumhunting.

However, Bitmap has been acting very strange and I really can't understand what his whole flavor/italicized posts are supposed to do/mean.

I want a votecount before I place my vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”