Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Jal »

I feel Arugula's definition of the amished tell is adequate. I haven't really been in a game yet where I've been able to personally call someone out on it before, mostly due to my lack of games. Arugula is generally right though - it's not that strong, but it's not something to be ignored either.

DoubleJD
:

In post 177, DoubleJD wrote:The Amish tell would be great, but the post directly before asked for my opinion on my predecesor. Your looking for reasons to vote someone instead of reasons people might be scum.

So hi scum, and gg

It looks to me someone who got a scum pm, looked at who you replaced, and saw the (only apparent to
you
) scumminess in your predecessor where there was none. There was nothing there to criticize Fennin for except for that whole alt thing - what the hell? But hey, instead of ignoring my question, feel free to answer it. What was scummy about Fennin?

Also, how is voting for you, who I think committed a scum tell, not voting for someone because they are scum?

In post 178, DoubleJD wrote:Also no, just no. You were here long after greyice posted and replaced brindibar.

As I already said, I was waiting for Brun to post, and I hadn't rescinded my post since then since I had essentially been v/la.

Here's my post 84 before Grey joined the game, followed next quite later by my post 139 where I give a late head's up on my v/la. I hadn't read and posted in the thread between those times (or really until today). So no, I really wasn't technically "here" at all to be able to rescind my vote.

Your attempt to try and make up stuff to make me seem scummy is actually rather nullish of you.

In post 180, DoubleJD wrote:Wait, you acknowledge this?

Yup - uh, why wouldn't I? After thinking about it when I realized it though, I still thought it didn't take much away from the tell as it is defined. That only accounts for why you brought it up - not the criticism of your slot.

In post 194, DoubleJD wrote:l: because his attack on me is based on an outdated tell that doesnt even apply. It's an argument for justifying a vote but not finding scum

It's a scum tell used to find scum. Get over it.

In post 194, DoubleJD wrote:Malee: because I have a town read on arugula, and I actually like the reasoning for the random vote on her.

What does your town read on Arugula have
anything
to do with your scum Malee read?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Jal »

Nyalite
: Who do you actually think is scum, then?

The Acting Method
: What happened to your whole Arugula/Charter/whatever scum team? Why aren't you voting for
any
of your scum reads?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 177, DoubleJD wrote:VOTE: jal

The Amish tell would be great, but the post directly before asked for my opinion on my predecesor. Your looking for reasons to vote someone instead of reasons people might be scum.

So hi scum, and gg

What is this.

Vote: DoubleJD
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Arugula »

I committed the Amish tell as scum in a newbie game, and TraceyLyn11 called me out in it but didn't follow up. After that I learned to never criticize my replacement. So the tell is strong if the person has never heard of it before, because it is very easy to avoid doing.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by GreyICE »

DoubleJD has played in one game on site so far.

It is very easy to avoid doing. Bet he never does it again.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

And JD has heard it before. I was in his newb game with him and I called someone out for that tell. Might of been him or it was one of the others...

And I believe it's called the Amished tell.

Why am I not voting my scum reads?

Mainly trying to boost activity from the ones I haven't really gotten reads on.

I prefer votes to prods for players who are most likely viewing the thread.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Arugula »

Oh. I thought he played in more.

So seeing as his reasoning against Jal is now gone, he doesn't look too good. His other scumreads are poor. Nyalite's scumread is basically because he doesn't like his logic, and Malee's is (although I agree with it) because he has a townread on me.

UNVOTE: Malee
VOTE: DoubleJD[/voye]

A little pressure won't hurt.

P-edit: TAM, could you link me to that game?

TAM's defense of DoubleJD is noted.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Arugula »

Stupid tags.
VOTE: DoubleJD
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I get it.

This is a secret variant on conspiracy

Where the goal of the game

Is to convince them it's not a conspiracy if it is, or make them think it's a conspiracy when it's not

And all y'all's win condition is to make me think you're scum.

MY GOD IS ANYONE IN HERE TOWN
EXCEPT MY MOTHERFUCKING MASON BUDDY

HIRAKI GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 205, The Acting Method wrote:

Mainly trying to boost activity from the ones I haven't really gotten reads on.

I prefer votes to prods for players who are most likely viewing the thread.

If you think your vote is such a good tool for getting people to reply, why did you take it off Charter (Who you had a scum read on)? Charter did not post in the thread at all while you had your vote on him. He completly dodged your question/pressure/vote/tickle/whatever which you claimed annoyed you in the begining of the game.

Also what makes you think Snake is viewing the thread and not replying?

And Prods are a much better way, look at brun/greyice we traded a lurker for an active player.

@Jal It's very hard to decide who scum is when so many people are not really in the game, or have barely posted.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

uno momento por favor

9 pages seems like a lot and I'm pretty sure this game starts on page 3ish maybe 2--I didn't check

in any case

tomorrow
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

TAM did call me out for it in that game, and i was scum that game. I have read almost everything on the wiki since that game as well and have learned a bunch.

The tell doesnt apply though :P .

Those voting me, answer me this. What do you think of Jal? The second i call him out for his lingering random vote he attacks me with obvious bs.

@arugula: its page 9, and we're in a game were we get one flip. Your reads arent also poor? Who here has solid reads? Im calling it as i see it, and i see 3 people that stick out to me as scummy.

@jal: tell me more how the tell isnt accurate, but shouldnt be ignored, but how youve never used it, but how you know all about it
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

I disagree that prods are effective btw. Active players get the most attention, and active players are the ones that get lynched. Prod all you want, no one will forget what ive said in the last 2 pages meanwhile i can barely recall everyone's name in this thread.
You got me!
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Arugula »

Gah you reacted well to pressure.
UNVOTE: DoubleJD
And you bring up a good point about reads.
And since the Amished tell no longer applies.

I don't see anything wrong with Jal ATM.
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 212, DoubleJD wrote:I disagree that prods are effective btw. Active players get the most attention, and active players are the ones that get lynched. Prod all you want, no one will forget what ive said in the last 2 pages meanwhile i can barely recall everyone's name in this thread.

What? This post makes no sense.

Prod are so people either come play the game or they get replaced. Has nothing to do whether you can remember who we are playing with.

@Arugula How was 3 votes much pressure, and how did he react well, he spewed nonsense and ignored half of the questions put to him.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

I guess i have to clarify.

I disagree that prods are more effective than attempting to spark a player into action. Lurkers have posted and are here. They just feel like they have nothing to add or are content with sitting back while they complete other games or work or something.

I also took for granted that we were ignoring lurkers, and so any scum hiding there arent gonna get lynched. Further, we arent getting any info from them and have no idea where theyre at. So at this rate, its the active players that are on the chopping block.

Im not immediately thinking about organization and what assumptions im making as i type :(
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 215, DoubleJD wrote:I guess i have to clarify.

I disagree that prods are more effective than attempting to spark a player into action. Lurkers have posted and are here. They just feel like they have nothing to add or are content with sitting back while they complete other games or work or something.

I also took for granted that we were ignoring lurkers, and so any scum hiding there arent gonna get lynched. Further, we arent getting any info from them and have no idea where theyre at. So at this rate, its the active players that are on the chopping block.

Im not immediately thinking about organization and what assumptions im making as i type :(

That all makes sense if its someone who is kinda lurking about posting here and there. Which we have many of.

However snake and charter are not coming back because people are voting them. So the point is moot. Voting Brun did not help. Replacing him did.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

I mean look at what ive done since ive replaced in. Ive announced two people i think are town, three that i think are scum, and several people have attacked me or defended me. This is awesome! So i get the value of good replacements. Its just that the waiting period where they sit there and are ignored that gets me. Im looking at a week from now, or 2 weeks and just before the deadline...and not having these people out or talking yet. No matter where you stand on the issue, we need them.

Its also not like i have the power to get rid of the prod rule. If theyre gonna get prodded, they get prodded. Why not stir up some trouble with them though in the meantime? They have buddies too, there is surely a benefit in attacking them even if they arent here and do end up getting replaced.
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

It didnt show me your post for some reason. But i bet if snake and charter got more attention...someone would come out and defend them. A single vote isnt gonna do jack though, and nothings gonna do anything if the idea is immediately shot down
You got me!
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

In post 208, GreyICE wrote:I get it.

This is a secret variant on conspiracy

Where the goal of the game

Is to convince them it's not a conspiracy if it is, or make them think it's a conspiracy when it's not

And all y'all's win condition is to make me think you're scum.

lol l I was thinking the same thing.
and thus greyIce gets townie points...

except wait there's this

HIRAKI GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE

. . . are we supposed to take this as you claiming?

[broken record] I think that a better-orchestrated mass-claim later in the game will give us the most information [/broken record].
:Come on, wtf.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

TAM and Malee/Hiraki are claiming if they are lovers together or not.

End of 'Discussion'

Bridges: the wiki is not to be followed religiously.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:44 am

Post by yellowbounder »

In post 218, DoubleJD wrote:It didnt show me your post for some reason. But i bet if snake and charter got more attention...someone would come out and defend them. A single vote isnt gonna do jack though, and nothings gonna do anything if the idea is immediately shot down

What idea are you talking about here?
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 am

Post by DoubleJD »

That we should be attacking the lurkers! U and b&b included!
Both of you: who do u think is scum and why? Who do u think is town and why?

I'm talking about u too slander, sitting back and waiting for TAM isn't helping us. I want them to claim too, but surely u have an opinion on jal, nyal, me, etc.
You got me!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:50 am

Post by yellowbounder »

In post 222, DoubleJD wrote:That we should be attacking the lurkers! U and b&b included!
Both of you: who do u think is scum and why? Who do u think is town and why?

I'm talking about u too slander, sitting back and waiting for TAM isn't helping us. I want them to claim too, but surely u have an opinion on jal, nyal, me, etc.

I take offence that I'm lurking, I've been trying to post every day in this game, I don't have the volume that some of the other people have been having.

You post very... enthusiastically, and proclaim that obviously you've been noticable, and you don't know the names of anyone, because CLEARLY you are the best. It comes across a little grating. I'm not voting you yet, but you seem kind of eager. Maybe it's your playstyle.

Haven't got any reads on Jal or Nyal. I keep rereading the thread, and mostly all I see is Malee and TAM, and people talking about them.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:08 am

Post by DoubleJD »

I don't care if u were to only post once every three days, so long as we understand where u stand with other players. So far, I know u voted carter and malee...but theres so many other players! If a mass claim were to happen, we would get almost no info about u. Meanwhile ud be able to tell tons about me.

Also ill say this now. I'm trying a more aggressive style this game since I was fairly passive in my last one. I think I may be getting carried away, and I'm pissing everyone off, but the attention and opinions I'm generating about me are good for the town imo.
You got me!

Return to “Completed Open Games”