Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Llamarble »

If we lynch in the group of 3 and miss, we get an extremely high chance of a correct lynch tomorrow.
Since getting rid of scum as fast as possible is generally really helpful, I am in favor of lynching from MoI's pool provided he isn't making it up.
It's also much easier to make PoE work for us in a group of 3.

Reckscum does make excuses / claim lack of engagement, it's true. Recktown probably does too but I haven't seen it as much.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

"You’re not trying to suggest that this girl is actually a threat to us, are you?"

Mater Motley sighed, her patience thin. "My point is that her presence here is not an accident."

"But the Sea-"

"Yes, let’s just consider the Sea, shall we? Why did the Sea of Izabella go to the Hereafter? Because somebody called it, Carrion. Who was it? Not Mendelson Shape."

"No. No, of course. Shape wasn’t capable of that kind of magic. He was a functionary. Nothing more."

"What about Mischief and his brothers? Are they trained in magic?"

"I doubt it."

"So do I. And yet the Sea was summoned to the Old Shore, Carrion. Who summoned it?"

"I don’t think there’s any great mystery there,” Carrion said. There’s a lighthouse left over from the Days of Empire."

"Yes, but somebody had to make that beacon burn to bring the Sea, Carrion. And again I ask you: who?"

The Lord of Midnight didn’t answer this time. At least not immediately. His hands went up to his collar, and he tapped his fingers against it. As he did so, the nightmares came up from the shadows and rubbed their intestinal lengths against the glass, as though seeking their creator’s reassurance, and he theirs.

"So we’re back to the girl again," Carrion said.

VC 18 (Session 1, VC 18)

(7)
OnceAndForEver:
4nix3ty, Hinduragi, RedCoyote, Staeg, The Two In One, Nachomamma8, Shmugen [L-5]
(5)
Llamarble:
Strain,
AGar, Seraphim, MagnaOfIllusion, Untrod Tripod
(4)
AGar:
Karen Walker, Shinori, Minumum, petapan
(3)
Shinori:
Nuwen, Magister Ludi, chesskid3
(Shmugen)

(3)
petapan:
Strain
Strain
, OnceandForEver
(2)
chesskid3:
Strain
, Llamarble
(2)
Hinduragi:
Strain
Strain

(2)
Fate:
Strain
Strain

(1)
Bella:
sword_of_omens
(1)
MagnaOfIlluision:
Bella
(1)
Karen Walker:
Flash

(0)
Not Voting:
None

Post Counts

Llamarble:
chesskid3:
OnceAndForEver:
Hinduragi:
petapan:
Regfan:
Fate:
Shmugen:
Shinori:
Staeg:
AGar:
MagnaOfIllusion:

Permenant Strain:
chesskid3
(1),
petapan
(2),
Fate
(2),
Hinduragi
(2),
Llamarble
(1)
Active Roleblocked: Hinduragi

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch.

Automatic Termination of the First Session(expired on 2012-07-31 19:00:00)

RedCoyote is V/LA until Tuesday. Seraphim is V/LA until Friday.

In post 390, Shinori wrote:I tend to be overly emotional and defensive as town, as well as aggressive which I haven't been that much this game. I would link you to the game I am actually referencing that has me growing impatient and angry and myself being extremely aggressive for only like 4 votes on me, I'm town in that game but as it's ongoing and I'm still alive I can't actually link it even though it's on a seperate site.

This is a direct violation of my "Don't talk about ongoing games" rule. Remember, even talking about a [redacted] game somewhere else is still talking about an ongoing game, and just because you didn't tell me where doesn't mean I can't find it. I'm willing to show lenience because you didn't mention the specific site. But if anyone from that site ever contacts me and let's me know what you said influenced gamestate over there, bad things will happen. For now, don't talk about it.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 am

Post by Nuwen »

ERRYDAY I'M SHELL SCRIPTIN YEAH ERRYDAY I'M SHELL SCRIPTIN
(work was busy today)

But here's a gamestate update as remain contemporary.

4nxi3ty
AGar
Bella

chesskid3

Fate (Princess Boa)

Flash (chamber and Nexus hydra)
Hinduragi

Karen Walker (xRECKONERx and ChannelDelibird hydra)*

Llamarble

Magister Ludi

MagnaofIllusion

Minimum (Mina and Cogito Ergo Sum hydra)
Nachomamma8
Nuwen

OnceAndForEver

Petapan
RedCoyote

Regfan (Candy Quackenbush)

Seraphim
Shinori

Shmugen

Staeg
sword_of_omens

Untrod Tripod

Strikes are people you won't find my vote on. Bolds are people I'll /help with and lend a vote. Bolded and in your face is scum.

~~~

When I said "rank and file together now pip pip" I was interested in who would respond along the lines of "RIGHT HO GUV'NOR" and move their vote. The cuntface IC was all like NOOOO one or two posts after though, so now I can't even tell if people are just echoing his words/playing accordingly ("In fact I'd rather people be voting their stronger reads") or responding in earnest.

~~~

Onceandforever should full-claim, like completely. We have a rolename and info about returning partial innocent results - what triggers the innocent; your actions, or the actions of other things in this game? How long? More flavor? What makes you think it's a BAD thing for town, scum, or both to have the information you have?
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 am

Post by Nuwen »

In post 346, Hinduragi wrote:
What Nuwen said on flavor is right for the first half, at least. I haven't gotten to where Letheo supposedly takes Candy to Carrion but, in terms of all the people in the book, he can be just about anything, I'd almost take even third party if it weren't for the probability of third party being SOLELY Commexo, in this entire game.

Yeah, I wasn't saying Onceandforever is a third party at all. The point was more along the lines that Letheo flavor fits with ANY alignment, hence why it could be any of a safeclaim, a scumclaim, or a way of punishing town for attempting to break the setup with flavor.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:21 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 395, OnceAndForEver wrote:
Llamarble: Seems useless so far, but that’s my experience of him D1, hopefully he’ll shape up. Mild Town Read

In post 69, Llamarble wrote:
In post 66, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Llamarble wrote:Petapan has towned a little. Don't think there's a good reason to have a wagon on him.
explain.

He's playing loose and the whole 'okay we have 2 scum so far let's proceed' thing is slightly town.

VOTE: Shinori

In post 70, OnceAndForEver wrote:Do not like that last post, the timing of that vote sucks.

reasons for the townread?

In post 196, Llamarble wrote:Petapan sounds like scum
again.

And Nuwen actually has continued to scum it up pretty solidly.
4nx is also scumming along.
And I like RC's first couple posts.
I think I'm going to be able to figure this game out!

:? again... didn't see you post about peta being scum earlier. after which post of mine did your scumread change to a townread?

Staeg, your take on llmarble?
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Minimum »

In post 402, Nuwen wrote:When I said "rank and file together now pip pip" I was interested in who would respond along the lines of "RIGHT HO GUV'NOR" and move their vote. The cuntface IC was all like NOOOO one or two posts after though, so now I can't even tell if people are just echoing his words/playing accordingly ("In fact I'd rather people be voting their stronger reads") or responding in earnest.

Are you sure it was Regfan that ruined it and not its inherent stupidity?

P.S. both Flash and Minimum should be town reads. You can get rid of chesskid of RedCoyote if you don't want to have too many; they don't really make sense anyway.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Staeg »

Re: anx - prolly town.
sa vrede?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Regfan »

I likely won't be here for a dayish so I'll take a strain rather than withholding my post for that long I suppose.

In post 399, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why should I be bothering to fight with Mod Confirmed Town over a scum-read he’s calling obv-Town when I can be looking for the rest?

Yeah, I know what you mean and I was in the same boat but I've given up with it. I'm going to disagree and fight with Fate about things and instead of standing back and letting him hold the reigns I'll just let him keep his vote and his fake reasoning for thinking Bella is town and continue insisting that she should be the lynch today. Nothing in her play shows any real town thought process whatsoever and the amount of 'town reads' she's being given by people who cannot back it up legitimately to save their life and the amount of people that are avoiding her greatly increase the chances she's mafia. Not just that though but PoE overall and PoE inside your scum in 3 point towards her and mslynching her wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either since it'd mean that Chesskid is scum.

In post 402, Nuwen wrote:
Bella

chesskid3

sword_of_omens

Strikes are people you won't find my vote on. Bolds are people I'll /help with and lend a vote. Bolded and in your face is scum.

Can you explain these 3 reads for me please?

Where I'm at;

Town (S->W):
Ludi, Hindu, Flash, Minimum, Nacho, Petapan, MoI, Nuwen, Shmugen, (Gap) Shinori, Seraphim, 4nxiety, LLarmable, OAFE.
Null:
UT, SoO, Chesskid, RC, AGar.
Scum (S->W):
Bella, Staeg, Karen.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:01 am

Post by Llamarble »

I don't get your strong Bella scumread. Maybe you disagree that there's enough information for her to be town, but I don't see where strong Bellascum comes from. Your other null/scum reads look good to me though. I need to read Staeg & RC.
Karen Walker
Karen Walker
Townie
Karen Walker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:08 am

Post by Karen Walker »

Requesting replacement due to RL commitments.

I've PMed the mod & CDB. If CDB wants to continue in the slot, that's fine. Otherwise, we'll need a full replacement.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Regfan »

Her logic of 'His contradiction in claim makes him more likely town since as scum he'd have a rigid story' is a line of thinking scum often take about town; town find contradictions and changes in story a scum-tell but the fact that she calls him town and probably telling the truth would mean that one of Peta/Chesskid would have to be scum to her, she takes no stance on either of them at all. Her posts contain little to no content and her Ludi/AGar thing is actually a scum-tell not a town-tell given that at the time Fate was pushing towards AGar so her only real scum-read put forward was one that Fate had already stated agreement with; in other words it was a very safe read that wouldn't shake the boat at all and since she was town-read from Fate she's been lurking into oblivion despite posting elsewhere on the site.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Llamarble »

Okay, those are reasonable points.
Particularly I would expect her to say something about Chesskid / Peta.
But neither of those other two have really bothered much about it either.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 19 (Session 1, VC 19)

(7)
OnceAndForEver:
4nix3ty, Hinduragi, RedCoyote, Staeg, The Two In One, Nachomamma8, Shmugen [L-5]
(5)
Llamarble:
Strain,
AGar, Seraphim, MagnaOfIllusion, Untrod Tripod
(4)
AGar:
Karen Walker, Shinori, Minumum, petapan
(3)
Shinori:
Nuwen, Magister Ludi, chesskid3
(3)
petapan:
Strain
Strain
, OnceandForEver
(2)
chesskid3:
Strain
, Llamarble
(2)
Hinduragi:
Strain
Strain

(2)
Fate:
Strain
Strain

(1)
Bella:
sword_of_omens
(1)
MagnaOfIlluision:
Bella
(1)
Karen Walker:
Flash
(1)
Regfan:
Strain

(0)
Not Voting:
None

Post Counts

This is a Replenishment votecount. All post limits have been reset. Next votecount is in roughly 24 hours.

Permenant Strain:
chesskid3
(1),
petapan
(2),
Fate
(2),
Hinduragi
(2),
Llamarble
(1),
Regfan
(1)
Active Roleblocked: Hinduragi

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch.

Automatic Termination of the First Session(expired on 2012-07-31 19:00:00)

RedCoyote is V/LA until Tuesday. Seraphim is V/LA until Friday.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So I wonder how long Bella is just going to avoid this thread since?

Now that Regfan is willing to go to bat with me I think this is warranted -

VOTE: Bella
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 413, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So I wonder how long Bella is just going to avoid this thread since?

Now that Regfan is willing to go to bat with me I think this is warranted -

VOTE: Bella

Really? Of all possible lynches, you're going after
that
?

Fuck, I'd rather you lynched me than Bella so at least something can be gained from that.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

I believe you are correct that the time has come for me to full claim.

I currently have one Thuaz, it is green. During any night when I have not used a Thuaz, I am Beastly and will be a miller. During any night I have, not only am I not a miller but I am also a Tracker.

I will gain additional Thuaz every time a member of the night dies.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Shmugen »

So you're always a miller, but you can track once per killed Night member and once for free?

Hm. Millers are hard enough to believe and impossible to prove, but a miller that takes night actions?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Claim sounds reasonable to me. We'll see what comes of it. If he actually possesses an ability like that as scum he wouldn't claim miller though, because that defeats the 'cop has an innocent on you' thing.
Yeah I think I buy it because it's not incredibly likely for scum to just auto - use their fakeclaims without waiting to get run up.

Spoiler: Previously Done
Fate

Llamarble

Regfan

4nx

I like that he wants to know why I disagree with him about Petapan. Scum post reads to post reads; town post reads because they believe in something and have much more of an expectation that others should agree with them. His critique of Flash 189 is a similar deal.

His reaction to Shinori's posting was similar to mine, and the explanation of townfrustration vs scumfrustration is solid.
OAFE's dissonant posts are a reasonable thing to take interest in / push on; 304 is generally good.

He has been terse enough that I don't think his play so far is extremely unfakeable, but yeah overall town so far.

Bella

Based on this interaction, I'd be willing to state that Magister Ludi is almost certainly town, and AGar appears much less so, for his attack and vote on ML and his strong pushing of his opinion on MoI's claim here and in other posts.

I still think this is the best part of Bella's ISO. Her impression of Agar makes sense and I can see how she got there. And scum don't just throw something like "X is almost certainly town" off the cuff quite as often as town.

She has also been assertive so far and her interaction with MoI sounds like somebody with a sense of righteousness derived from her alignment.

I'd like her to talk more because you can only be so confident off 6 posts, but yeah she gets to be greenish.
Apparently ", but yeah" is the sentence structure of the day...

Agar

Topics he has talked about:
ML looking for flavor info
Shmugen not liking incendiary players
MoI's claim matching up with people he didn't like
Disagrees with Nuwen about condensing votes

Voting somebody for doing something that might be a waste of time / being unaware of available information in RVS is pretty meh. He also hasn't put very much real estate into supporting his vote on me.

Information insufficient. I'll come back to this I guess; I also need to check if he has scummeta of being disdainful ("you're a moron," "Suck it up Mina," etc.). If that is his scummeta then he'll probably be at least pink but we'll see.
Chesskid

His posting feels right from chesskid-scum; he brings up me maybe having a meta but doesn't actually care to check, which makes it look like he did that for the sake of doing it. Similar vibe from a lot of his other posting. None of it is particularly unreasonable from town-chesskid though.
Also this read depends on whether MoI is actually telling the truth.
Will revisit.

Flash

This guy(s) is playing really well if he's scum.
He has reads that he thinks about (changed mind on MoI claim, has regularly produced new reads / lists / stuff).
He has some introspection (323, "I'm trying to see this").
He is assertive ('your vote / wagon sucks,' 'more than confident').
He has a lot of specific posts I think are less likely from scum than from town, mostly falling into the above categories.

Hindu

"Oh no, hindu, you arent doing rvs" lolu

Minor scumpoints for unnecessary disclaimer.
Marble's confidence of how sure he was he'd towntell soon is why Im not lynching him today.
Also, his wagon doesn't feel right.
Minor townpoints for giving a solid original reason for calling a town town.
Hindu feels a little bit tunnely rather than digging into everything.
225 is poor.
I am meh on his '1V1 RAWR' as well.
Holistically he feels like scum;
Rather than being somebody shot out of a cannon the loudness is put-on and a bit weaker.
Sorry I haven't explained this one very well.
Spoiler: Not Done Yet
KW
Magister Ludi
MoI
Minimum
Nuwen
OAFE
Petapan
RC
Seraphim
Shinori
Shmugen
Staeg
Sword
UT
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

i apologize everyone...
i've had some work emergencies ...
should be good going forward...
i'll try to be caught up by late tonight, or tomorrow at the LATEST.
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

No, shmu, I am a miller every night that I don't become a tracker, when I'm a tracker I'm not a miller. This claim is provable, but it would recquire the outing of a cop which I do not wish to do. Basically I'll tell you guys when I'll investigate as scum and when I won't. The cop can investigate me whenever he feels like it to prove I'm telling the truth whatever it is, My plan for tonight is to show up as scum (not track) unless we manage to kill a night aligned player in which case I will gain and then use and show up as town, and get my track.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Shmugen »

Ah. Yes. Missed a word there. Carry on.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Bella »

In post 204, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Bella wrote:Prepare for a long wait.

You don’t flake
as scum
?

Or is this prepping us for the length of time it will take for you to do something other than whine petulantly and active lurk?

I fixed that for you. I do lurk a fair bit, though. So sue me.

In post 204, MagnaofIllusion wrote:The odds that more than 1 of those players are scum (and thus Mod handed me effectively two guilties pre-game) is small. Furthermore the information is still valid on Day 2 and beyond. No reason to run through the list simply because it exists. Now if two of those players flip Day then I’m basically locked in to vote the last. But until that point I’m going to scum-hunt as usual. There are other scum out there besides the 1 in 3.

Oh hey, reasonable thoughts from MoI. What a rare occurance.

In post 211, Regfan wrote:
there's a lot of your thoughts and reads that i can understand and agree with. this is not one of them. her posts haven't been highly content included(involved? fuck i can't think properly right now) at all and she's just been A) complaining/responding to insults and B) responding to Minas questions and her answers aren't that alignment related, i believe she'd vote moi out of hate regardless of her alignment, that doesn't make her town and her saying that doesn't make her town. i think you've really gone full-confirmation bias on her and it needs to stop. also i'm not voting her? since i don't have a vote, we share one and you're controlling it.

This is a problem that arises when a player decides it's cool to throw baseless insults at people whenever he mentions their names. It's hard not to react angrily and appear scummy when someone is so dedicated to baiting you into it.

In post 253, Staeg wrote:Okay, so: I have not seen RC-scum, but I've seen RC-town play exactly like this and get mislynched. What I should have said is that he's not scum for the reasons everyone's mentioning (the typo, the laziness)

This is a read that I endorse.

In post 286, petapan wrote:where have i waffled? aside from thinking shinori is scum and then doubting my read cuz i actually think about my votes, i can't think of anywhere else

facts is, i'm doubtful about shinori because of something in the way he responded to me, would have to re-read now to see it, don't get the votes on agar or RC, i think hinduragi is town because as scum he wouldn't care about a vote from some idiot like OAFE who has 0 credibility anyway, OAFE is just a 'maybe' for me right now, i think llamarble's posting sucks but he's still just promising content and saying he hasn't actually read the thread so i'm waiting on that.

i agree, i'm not being particularly pro-town right now. me deliberately posting to incur strain also isn't pro-town i dunno if you noticed. maybe someday you'll be able to realize that town-aligned doesn't always equate to pro-town.

but really, assume i'm town for a second, what do you suggest i do when i don't have any strong scum reads. like, in general, not specific to this game. this isn't me trying to appeal to you because lmao who cares about you i'm just genuinely curious

In post 288, OnceAndForEver wrote:Reasonable. I am Letheo Beast Boy.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Peta

Check that 286 and tell me it comes from town. I dare you.

Hi, that post came from town. It reads exactly like a frustrated townie who doesn't know what to do at this point. It speaks to a state of mind I've totally been in before.

In post 339, Nachomamma8 wrote:ANYWHO

Vote: OnceAndForEver

Town:
Shumgen
chamber
Hindu
chess
peta
MoI
Llama

Question: Given the list of people you read as town, why not a vote for me? Logically speaking, if you think MoI is town, that would suggest that you believe his claim. Believing that both chesskid and Peta are town would thus indicate that you believe I am scum, and would have a stronger case to make against me, no?

In post 398, Regfan wrote:Yeah, I'm no longer sure about OAFE. Think Shinori and Petapan are town not particularly feeling like lynching Llaramble today since he'll become super easy to read later and not completely sold on an AGar lynch though he's probably one of the better wagons right now. If I had a vote right now it would be;

Vote: Bella

Fates town-read on her is really bad and dwindles down to 'meta, she lurks as scum' but she is lurking here and her posts have barely been game related with the exception being her response to Mina which was forced to do due to her being questioned. Plus a bonus is she's one of MoI's 3.

I don't know where "lurks as scum" comes from, I'm at my most lurkerish when I'm vanilla town because I tend to lack confidence in my reads and I lack any sort of ability to influence the night phase to cover up for it.

Also: Opinions on the other lurkers - say, Untrod_Tripod and sword_of_omens who've both been as or more lurkerish than I have?

In post 410, Regfan wrote:Her logic of 'His contradiction in claim makes him more likely town since as scum he'd have a rigid story' is a line of thinking scum often take about town; town find contradictions and changes in story a scum-tell but the fact that she calls him town and probably telling the truth would mean that one of Peta/Chesskid would have to be scum to her, she takes no stance on either of them at all.

Believing that one of the two isn't day-aligned does not mean I have to have a strong read on either of them - I didn't, so I didn't express a read on them.

Also, people who are telling the truth tend to be more varied in their language than someone who is trying to lie - if you're consciously trying to be sconsistent with yourself rather than relate an actual thing that happened, you tend to use the same language choices as told in the initial lie.

Her posts contain little to no content and her Ludi/AGar thing is actually a scum-tell not a town-tell given that at the time Fate was pushing towards AGar so her only real scum-read put forward was one that Fate had already stated agreement with; in other words it was a very safe read that wouldn't shake the boat at all and since she was town-read from Fate she's been lurking into oblivion despite posting elsewhere on the site.

Yeah, I was v/la and caught up on other things first.

You also seem to have confused the point I was making with AGar/Ludi. The AGar thing was incidental and not expressed as a scum read at all, yet you seem to be focusing on it. I said AGar seemed less townish than Ludi. There's a distinction between that and saying AGar is scummy. Since he's moved onto his Llamarble wagon, he's reading more consitently like a townie with one strong read that he's tunnelling on.

In post 411, Llamarble wrote:Okay, those are reasonable points.
Particularly I would expect her to say something about Chesskid / Peta.
But neither of those other two have really bothered much about it either.

Here's the thing. I'm coming around to peta-town. Process of deduction would leave chesskid as scum, but he has this weird kinda zwetschenwasser type vibe to him where his posting style seems really useless and scummy but there's a method lurking in his madness. I've been burned by that before. I just don't have a read strong enough to commit to here. If I was forced to pick between them I'd say chesskid is more likely to be scum.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Bella »

I also have a question for people who know the lore:

What can you tell me of "Tidal Jim"?
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Flash »

In post 346, Hinduragi wrote:While we're throwing it all out there, I can't for my life understand how strong town reads formed on Flash this early D1. Chamber isn't a transparent player and Nexus is....Nexus, who, if I'm right, has barely even posted in here.

What was your goal in stating this? Why didn't you press those who cleared me about the specifics of why they did so?

In post 415, OnceAndForEver wrote:I believe you are correct that the time has come for me to full claim.

I currently have one Thuaz, it is green. During any night when I have not used a Thuaz, I am Beastly and will be a miller. During any night I have, not only am I not a miller but I am also a Tracker.

I will gain additional Thuaz every time a member of the night dies.

This claim is hilariously bad. Tracker, as a town role, already swings up in power relative to decreasing mafia size, so hitos answer is to give you more shots as more members die? Likewise the town is doing well as more members die, so hito rewards town with more power? These abilities just make much more sense as a force against swing on a mafia member than they do as a force that supports swing on a town member.

Unvote vote OAFE
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by AGar »

I just think that sounds so absurd as a fake claim that it would be a suicide squeeze for scum to fake that, for the exact reasons you outlined Flash...
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”