Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

"You’re going somewhere?" said Mespa.

"To Efreet, of course,” Diamanda replied. “Whatever our Candy is doing there, she’s going to need help."

"Then we should all go," said Joephi.

"No, no, no. You two need to find out what’s happening on Ninnyhammer. Wolfswinkel should be severely reprimanded if he has some hand in this violence. So investigate this closely. Find out the facts."

"Are you sure you can deal with Efreet on your own? You know how you hate the cold."

"If that’s a polite way of asking me if I ‘m not too antiquated to be going off facing the Five Beasts of Efreet on my own, let me remind you what St. Catham of Dette says: ‘We will bring the Infernal Enemy to its knees with wisdom, not sticks!"

"Diamanda, dear. St. Catham was eaten alive from the toes up, over a period of nineteen days. I don’t think you should be quoting her."

"All right. Then I concede the folly of going. And if I meet a terrible death while I’m there, I promise one day I’ll come back to this very spot and you can take my ghost to task for it. Meanwhile, you go to Ninnyhammer and let me go to Efreet, so we can get this wretched problem solved."

VC 22 (Session 1, VC 22)

(4)
Llamarble:
Strain,
AGar, Seraphim, Untrod Tripod [L-8]
(3)
petapan:
Strain
Strain
, OnceandForEver
(3)
Untrod Tripod:
Flash, Staeg, Minimum
(3)
Staeg:
The Two In One, 4nxi3ty, petapan
(3)
Shinori:
Magister Ludi, chesskid3, Quilford
(2)
OnceAndForEver:
RedCoyote, Nachomamma8
(Shmugen, petapan)

(2)
chesskid3:
Strain
, Llamarble
(2)
Hinduragi:
Strain
Strain

(2)
Fate:
Strain
Strain

(2)
Bella:
sword_of_omens, MagnaOfIllusion
(2)
MagnaOfIlluision:
Strain
, Bella
(2)
Regfan:
Strain
Strain

(1)
AGar:
Shinori
(Quilford)

(1)
Flash:
Nuwen

(2)
Not Voting:
Hinduragi, Shmugen

Post Counts

This is a Replenishment Votecount. All post limits have been reset. Next Replenishment Votecount in roughly 24 hours.

Permenant Strain:
chesskid3
(1),
petapan
(2),
Fate
(2),
Hinduragi
(2),
Llamarble
(1),
Regfan
(2),
MagnaOfIllusion
(1)
Active Roleblocked: Hinduragi

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch.

Automatic Termination of the First Session(expired on 2012-07-31 19:00:00)

Seraphim is V/LA until Friday. Magister Ludi is V/LA until Saturday.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

This is a Petapan Iso.

Start at post #20 where he becomes overly defensive and has a horrible reaction to MOI's post. He is thinking right there that as soon as MOI says that if he is not lying and is believed then the lynchw ill be between those three for that day. So he immediatly starts a wagon on not him, I suspect he chose chess simply because he had posted and Bella had not.

Post #31/68/71 are at least as bad as the shit shinori was pulling.

#87 again horrible, looking for a way out of the spotlight, finding an easy lynch, jumping on it.

note that post 155, the post where he stops tunneling on shinori, is the first post he makes after he belives MOI has retracted his claim. He isn't in the spotlight anymore so he doesn't need to push for the death of someone else.

Post 190 is weak reasoning for unvoting, add that to his weak reasoning for voting in the first place.

246 is horribly fence sitting, "may" "at the moment"

286, as I've said bothers me, and that has nothing to do with the slur theirin.

His refusal to link games also irks me.

The Agar wagon is horrible, he's sitll looking for an easy lynch, just more relaxed now.

Post 425: Hey look, my wagon is building steam, and I'm irritating him by asking him to do things, lets jump on that one!

And 474 is pure sheeping, never exusable.

Can we kill this man now please?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Fate »

Not killing anyone on the Staeg wagon
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by petapan »

why don't you blog about it oaf
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by petapan »

also i forgot to mention, that i did some thinking about my vote, the one before i changed votes, and my thinking said that i was less okay with it and my initial instincts that he's just an annoying stupid guy were probablyy right. thats a thing i forgot to say, because i forgot to share. youre welcome.
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

Your insults have been noted, filed, and catalouged for future use.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Quilford »

VOTE: Staeg
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by Llamarble »

@MoI:
Okay.
I read KW's quote (and am pretty sure it was intended) as 'scum know MoI and all 3 of his pool are town, and hope this claim will enable chain lynching all of them.' I understand how your line of thought works now though, which is good.

As for what it can mess up, now that I'm pretty sure you weren't lying I'm going to be spending a lot of time studying that group of 3. It's just much easier to figure out 'there is guaranteed to be one scum in these 3' than 'there are 6 scums in these 18.' If it turns out you're gambiting I'll be upset over all the time you made me spend in a wrong frame of mind. Unless you're scum in which case I'll be like 'Wow MoI played a great D1.'
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 423, Flash wrote:
In post 346, Hinduragi wrote:While we're throwing it all out there, I can't for my life understand how strong town reads formed on Flash this early D1. Chamber isn't a transparent player and Nexus is....Nexus, who, if I'm right, has barely even posted in here.

What was your goal in stating this? Why didn't you press those who cleared me about the specifics of why they did so?

In post 415, OnceAndForEver wrote:I believe you are correct that the time has come for me to full claim.

I currently have one Thuaz, it is green. During any night when I have not used a Thuaz, I am Beastly and will be a miller. During any night I have, not only am I not a miller but I am also a Tracker.

I will gain additional Thuaz every time a member of the night dies.

This claim is hilariously bad. Tracker, as a town role, already swings up in power relative to decreasing mafia size, so hitos answer is to give you more shots as more members die? Likewise the town is doing well as more members die, so hito rewards town with more power? These abilities just make much more sense as a force against swing on a mafia member than they do as a force that supports swing on a town member.

Unvote vote OAFE

This is opportunistic as fuck vote. ANy support here?

Also I am posting as much as I can, but if people want me to replace out because I am not contributing enough I will. My life is pretty fucking busy atm, as is evidenced by a lot of my posting on site so.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 476, OnceAndForEver wrote:This is a Petapan Iso.

Him instantly voting one of the other 2 listed players from MoI is going to come from Peta as town/scum there so it's null. There's nothing wrong with 31/68/71 at all. 87 is him pushing his scum-read, again fail to see it as anything too bad. Your logic for 155 is contradictory, if he no longer needs to be in the spotlight he'd keep his vote there and keep his mouth shut, unvoting directs attention towards him, it's also a town-tell given it shows consideration about his vote. 246 looks fairly natural though this might be the only legitimate point you have so far. Refusal to link games isn't a scum-tell and if you think AGar wagon is horrible then why is AGar on your scum list? His vote and reasoning for staying on you initally was bad, will admit that but his sheeping on Staeg isn't a scum-tell either.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Meh, there isn't a clear winner in Bella Peta Chesskid land. Yet. I do think it'll help to get more posting from those slots either from present occupants or replacements.
Also whoever said the commexo could lay in that group, that is pretty unreasonable since unless Commexo role is pretty weird that would leave it extremely unlikely to win.

Staeg UT Agar Hindu and a 1 of 3 (Chesskid or maybe Bella) sounds good for Night. Commexo is for PRs to find.
I still have lots and lots of reading to do though; Staeg / UT are on that list because they look poor on initial examination and trustworthy people want them dead.

Does anybody agree with me that Hindu = scum?
VOTE: Hinduragi
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Post by petapan »

no i'd say you're dead god damn wrong on that one

you think him raging at OAFE is fake? cuz i dont see why he'd get so pissed at some random alt as scum - draws unnecessary attention from someone who has no town capital anyway
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 486, petapan wrote:no i'd say you're dead god damn wrong on that one

you think him raging at OAFE is fake? cuz i dont see why he'd get so pissed at some random alt as scum - draws unnecessary attention from someone who has no town capital anyway

He's town but absolutely not for these reasons.
sa vrede?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 am

Post by Fate »

In post 485, Llamarble wrote:Meh, there isn't a clear winner in Bella Peta Chesskid land. Yet. I do think it'll help to get more posting from those slots either from present occupants or replacements.
Also whoever said the commexo could lay in that group, that is pretty unreasonable since unless Commexo role is pretty weird that would leave it extremely unlikely to win.

Staeg UT Agar Hindu and a 1 of 3 (Chesskid or maybe Bella) sounds good for Night. Commexo is for PRs to find.
I still have lots and lots of reading to do though; Staeg / UT are on that list because they look poor on initial examination and trustworthy people want them dead.

Does anybody agree with me that Hindu = scum?
VOTE: Hinduragi

Holy shit are you serious? That's a horrible fuckin read.

Just keep that to yourself and join the Staeg wagon while I've given you this extra lease on life to be productive, Hindu couldn't be more obvtown if he tried (he could, but he shouldn't because he's an important PR).
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:29 am

Post by Fate »

In post 487, Staeg wrote:
In post 486, petapan wrote:no i'd say you're dead god damn wrong on that one

He's town but absolutely not for these reasons.

But we're running this fuck up who doesn't know hwo to handle being wagonned as scum and is just trying to be nonchalant about the whole "Im about to fucking die aren't? Thing."

Better have an elaborate fakeclaim that will fall apart after 2-3 days Staeg.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Staeg »

I wuv you too, Fate
sa vrede?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 am

Post by Quilford »

Okay guys this is why Staeg's scum.

Unexplained reads - I do this a bit too as town and scum, but 20 pages in and his reads are basically all over the place and he can just jump on whatever wagon he wants and not have to provide any sort of rationale. ISOing him reveals a paradise of one line 'X is scum/town/null' reads with literally nothing else most of the time. There's absolutely no emotional impact (yeah super cheesy, whatever) behind all his reads and it totally looks like he's faking them as the situation requires (i.e. suddenly producing reads on whoever's getting wagoned at the time).

Setup / theory related questions - and . 'Let's ask questions with a pro-town motivation so I look like I'm doing something good b(^__^)b' and 'hmm let's try to get into a discussion with this player about this really intriguing theory question so i can look busy without actually having to fake scumhunt' respectively. Oh and w/ the Commexo question and the stuff about Hindu being roleblocked as well.

Dancing around wagons - I'm pretty sure it's not the only place he's done it but the last two lines of are really wishy-washy and look like he's setting himself up to jump on the wagon if the need arises. He's not being explicit enough. is a slightly more subtle version of this and the previous point, and it's notable because he goes on to jump on the OAFE wagon later. (They're totally not buddies.)

Also yeah about how Fate noted two posts ago how Staeg totally appears not to give a shit about potentially being lynched. That's a legit point too. :D well done Fate

~~~

In conclusion, we should all vote Staeg.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 490, Staeg wrote:I wuv you too, Fate

VOTE: Staeg

All the points made have merit. This strikes me as further indicative that Staeg isn't Town. I've seen Town Staeg play with Fate before. He's an unabashed lackey and bootlicker. He claims he can't read Fate so just treats him as Town. When Fate questions him he kicks in with AtE about not wanting Fate to lynch him. And this is in games he DOESN'T know Fate's alignment. Here he does. I'd expect alot more buddying out of Staeg-Town to Mod-confirmed Fate Town. Yet he's not ... as if he doesn't want to risk getting called out for it. And the suspicion Fate is throwing his way has been met with nothing. When Fate points this out Staeg drops this little gem. Not what I expect from Town Staeg dealing with known Town Fate.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 am

Post by Staeg »

Quil - my only real scumreads are shinori and oafe, and it's because of gut. I'm not going to chain myself to only voting those two people, though.

MoI - I buddy Fate when I feel like the situation calls for it. Fate actually mislynched me on these grounds as scum before. I didn't react to Fate's suspicion because every single time he's done this before he came around to me being town for saying something seemingly random.
sa vrede?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:45 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 493, Staeg wrote:Quil - my only real scumreads are shinori and oafe, and it's because of gut. I'm not going to chain myself to only voting those two people, though.

You should probably stop bussing Shinori so hard.
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:48 am

Post by OnceAndForEver »

Wasn't Staeg on Shinori from the begginning, or at least close to it, that makes it a SUPER bus, not sure I'm inclined to look at it that way.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 am

Post by Fate »

In post 490, Staeg wrote:I wuv you too, Fate

YOU CAN BARELY LOOK ME IN THE EYES YOU CHEEKY PILE F SCUM
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 am

Post by Regfan »

Hey Quilford, I like all your town-reads and reasoning behind Staeg-Scum but can you explain the Shinori/Minimum/AGar scum reads for me as I think all three are town, explaining Seraphim as well would be nice too.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 495, OnceAndForEver wrote:Wasn't Staeg on Shinori from the begginning, or at least close to it, that makes it a SUPER bus, not sure I'm inclined to look at it that way.

Sure he was on Shinori from the beginning because Shinori was getting negative attention from the beginning. It's not a SUPER bus because Staeg referred to Shinori only every four posts or whatnot and whenever he did it was kind of in a wishy washy, say as little as possible way. I certainly wouldn't say Staeg's been ACTIVELY pushing for Shinori's lynch, would you? iirc, he's not even voting for him.

Regfan wrote:Hey Quilford, I like all your town-reads and reasoning behind Staeg-Scum but can you explain the Shinori/Minimum/AGar scum reads for me as I think all three are town, explaining Seraphim as well would be nice too.

Goddamnit Regfan it's soooo late. You get relegated until tomorrow. soz
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:03 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: Staeg

baaaaa
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”