Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Who said I was giving you only insults and not content? I'm in the middle of reading up. God forbid I comment on something else while I do so.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 am

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I understand why you had to let DoubleJD die now. But it's still a crying shame.
#greenshirtthursdays
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 am

Post by DeltaWave »

VOTE COUNT 2.13

The Acting Method (3): Arugula, Jal, ChannelDelibird (L-3)
Yellowbounder (2): Hiraki, Slandaar (L-4)
Slandaar (1): Yellowbounder (L-5)
Arugula (1): The Acting Method (L-5)

Not Voting (3): BridgesAndBaloons, GreyICE, Nyalite

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Fun fact: Thanks CDB!
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 am

Snake versus Bridges is a case study in inactivity versus lurking. Snake signed up for a game he doesn't have time for and didn't want to flake out because that's not cool. Bridges is playing the classic 'well-read player looks intelligent then turbolurks through everything' scum game.

I've got a handful of pages left to read but I'm pretty certain that the scumteam is Bridges/Slandaar/Hiraki/TAM.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 am

In post 700, The Acting Method wrote:Frankly, I wanted to do a reread and look over the different options.

I Figured that SINCE B&B hadn't said much (over all) and SINCE there was no real support for his lynch, He'd be a decent vote while I figure out who the F is scum.

I can see the second scum team that he listed ( the one that doesn't feature me.) makes the most sense for me. So UNVOTE:

VOTE: YellowBounder I'll accept either him or Arugula.

"Hmm I think Bridges would be a good person to vote for. Therefore I shall vote for someone who he hypothesised [not even that] to be scum."
#greenshirtthursdays
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

Its not.

Nice of you to perfectly describe Yellow though 'well-read player looks intelligent then turbolurks through everything' scum game

Good Job
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 am

Nah, they're different. I know yellowbounder IRL and have read a lot of his games on here, and (forgive me, mate) he doesn't often give much more than null reads. I'm not surprised at all with the content of his posts, and he's not *lurking*. He's here and posting and offering what he can. Bridges made a few posts early on about the wiki and "hurr my motives are shrouded in darkness for the greater good", then pretty much disappeared until now.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 am

Reading Day 1, TAM got called out for pressing the town too much to answer his questions NOW! in what looks to me like an attempt to earn towncred early by coming out strongly. It kind of didn't work and as the game went on he faded further and further into the background until just now again coming out with this weird, aggressively absent-minded approach. He looks like he's not been allowed to play the scum game that he wanted to and is now just out here shouting randomly until it all goes away.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:44 am

Slandaar's whole game has been spent picking up small points which sound interesting but aren't actually as slam-dunk as he thinks they are, before barking loudly and repetitively about them until they get proved wrong then moving onto the next one. Today he's quite clearly got his teeth into yellowbounder because he thinks that he's a lynchable target due to his natural noncommitment. Our lover pair, with Snake here before, is pretty obviously a wet dream for scum-Slandaar.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

Hiraki, meanwhile, is scum for being TAM's partner. I haven't got anything really specific to him from my first read but I'll have another look later and, anyway, TAM is scum so so is he.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:47 am

If this were a normal game I'd be voting BridgesandBalloons right now as he's my strongest scumread but it doesn't matter in what order they die and I don't really feel like any of the other pairs are realistically scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:47 am

So, vote stays.

Sorry, that was meant to be in the last post but thought I'd be clear. Spam stops now.
#greenshirtthursdays
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 806, ChannelDelibird wrote:Nah, they're different. I know yellowbounder IRL and have read a lot of his games on here, and (forgive me, mate) he doesn't often give much more than null reads. I'm not surprised at all with the content of his posts, and he's not *lurking*. He's here and posting and offering what he can. Bridges made a few posts early on about the wiki and "hurr my motives are shrouded in darkness for the greater good", then pretty much disappeared until now.
You expect me to be swayed by this?
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:11 am

Post by Nyalite »

Thanks CBD.
I loved seeing how I was your top scum pick, then you pretty much echoed what I have been saying all along. :?

What were your impressions of Jal/Arugula?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:16 am

Post by The Acting Method »

Actually my behavior is because I started playing like I do on my old site (Willing to provide meta links that are useless unless you join the site.)

I can't go into much detail but of late I've only really been working hard on one game there because of actions that I won't go into in present because the game in question is still ongoing, suffice to say, Salamancer's actions really killed my desire to play the game.

Oh and before someone says that makes you scum, It's a null tell more than anything. Trust me, I'm so well aware of my meta that do you not think I would be purposely playing to it if I was scum? Your whole hypothesis on my scum level seems to be on my playstyle this game which is a null tell if you actually bother to do the offsite game research. Maybe I got so tired of my analysis and Hyperactivity getting me lynched (I've been nk'ed only once I think here on MS) Maybe I tried to use a different tactic so I could do my town job better and NOT be a lynch suspect?
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:19 am

Post by Nyalite »

Tammy, this self-meta stuff is not helpful.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 am

In post 812, Hiraki wrote:
In post 806, ChannelDelibird wrote:Nah, they're different. I know yellowbounder IRL and have read a lot of his games on here, and (forgive me, mate) he doesn't often give much more than null reads. I'm not surprised at all with the content of his posts, and he's not *lurking*. He's here and posting and offering what he can. Bridges made a few posts early on about the wiki and "hurr my motives are shrouded in darkness for the greater good", then pretty much disappeared until now.
You expect me to be swayed by this?

I think the difference between the two is clearly visible even without my assertions about how well I know yellowbounder.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 am

Let's get this straight now - CDB. Not CBD. [/subeditor]

In post 813, Nyalite wrote:Thanks CBD.
I loved seeing how I was your top scum pick, then you pretty much echoed what I have been saying all along. :?

Yeah, you stopped being realistic scum after your reaction to Salamence's meltdown.

Jal's a strong town read for me. Challenges everyone with good questions at the right times. I might have been tempted to vote Arugula if he weren't lovers with Jal, but I think that's now pretty moot. Plus, TAMscum is betting the farm on him.
#greenshirtthursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 813, Nyalite wrote:Thanks CBD.

Well partner, we're pretty much fucking confirmed town at this point, so he'd be hard pressed to make a case on us. I mean if we're scum, we'd have thrown our weight behind SOMEONE and gotten a town lynch, rather than let our hypothetical scumbuddies dangle until the town gets their act together.

Honestly, that's one of the stronger town-tells out of Slandaar. Townies distrust everyone in LyLo.

His mischaracterization of BAB's playstyle is pretty awful too.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 0&sr=posts

I mean just go through that. The last infinity posts have been in this thread.

*sigh*

What do you want to do? I'm leaning against the Tamraki/Jarugula axis, mostly because Jarugula are just outplaying Tamraki to such a degree it's not even funny, but I keep getting weird scumvibes off them and weird townvibes off Tamraki... and then I remember how horribly Tamraki are playing, and go backwards.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:35 am

Er, I'm not comparing Bridges' activity in this thread to his activity sitewide. I'm pointing out his effective absence for Day 1 and the start of Day 2, having played visibly within himself during that time. The bare statistics of his sitewide iso have nothing to do with that.
#greenshirtthursdays
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:38 am

Nyal, it's the only defense I have. BECAUSE THAT'S PRETTY MUCH THE SCUM CASE AGAINST ME SUMMED UP!

That's right, I just called you out in the obvious flaws in your argument.

You know what I'm going to do what I should have done when I realized Malee was forcing me into a starting position as town I HATE to be in.
Never mind. I hate replacing out and I don't like making mods hunt for replacements.

When this game is over you'll see that I'm town and I knew from the start that because I had a stupid partner I was going to be on defense the entire game making it not fun for me.

@Grey, read my little rant above... Just ask and I can provide links to where I do it at town... In fact you'll find it far outnumbers my mafiascum behavior...

However, I will acknowledge that this game is the type of behavior I used when I decided to try to change up gameplay for me a little...

Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 am

Post by Nyalite »

Sorry for getting your name wrong CDB. I can't agree on Jal, although she does ask a lot of good questions, this game is so full of "bad play" that it isn't hard to point it out, or challenge people. I have to agree with my lover although Jal's play on paper seems townish, it has weird vibes. I will try to put them into words later. Arugula however has made a total 180 today. I feel like as soon as some attention was called to him he has ducked down.
I also, obviously, agree with your assessment of B&B.

@Grey I agree about your assessment of Tamraki/jarugula. There is just something off about Jal and Arug. Tamraki I go back and forth on. I also just can't seem them together. I feel Slandybridge or yellowCDB would be a better pair with Jalrugula.

@TAM - The only "case" on you is basically that you are being flippy-floppy and vague. We get it, Malee put you in a tough spot, but she is gone now. Please explain why you voted for Arugula, if you feel you have already done this
link
to the post where you explained. Don't just say "Oh I think I did that already."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:04 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 819, ChannelDelibird wrote:having played visibly within himself during that time. The bare statistics of his sitewide iso have nothing to do with that.

In post 611, yellowbounder wrote:I swear the days I spent refreshing the thread, nothing happens, and then when I go away for like 12 hours, suddenly POSTS.

Yellow is the one who has the time and doesn't post content

Bridge posts content when he has time. This is proven by the way he burst posts.

Like its obvious.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 am

Every quote that relates to my case against Arugula (that I've made) Every time I've laid out what I think makes him scummy.

In post 109, The Acting Method wrote:Please explain how so and how it was an over reaction?

So far, I haven't seen you able to say anything more than "It's scummy"

You sound like scum called out for a false read and trying to defend it but not defend it.

In post 105, The Acting Method wrote:I asked you how it was scummy in a lovers setup?

Your main case is that she over reacted to a vote...

IN A LOVERS SET UP WHERE EVERYONE IS A LOVER WITH SOMEONE ELSE AND THE MAFIA ARE ALL LOVERS WITH EACH OTHER!
How is that anything more than null?

@ Grey, both are responses to 42 and 44 I'm basically defending the behavior that Argula called out in 42 and then reacting to his more through line in 44.

Basically you are voting me for a defense...

In post 96, The Acting Method wrote:Argu, you are forgetting to take into consideration 1. time gap between said posts. 2. If I am correct, I believed the person I had been voting to have been on earlier and not posted. (Actually it was probably Fennin.)

It does seem like Fennin is trolling but most definitely harrassing Malee.

I'm going to say this now Argu, but some scum tells don't work as well in a game this size and with this setup... Your big thing about Malee's response is at best a null tell. And if you can't tell me why her doing it actually makes her scummy, I'm going to push your lynch for most likely being scum... Very stupid scum at that.

In post 73, The Acting Method wrote:. . .

I'm trying to decide if you are a hypocrite or stupid...

I could argue that your vote on me was overreacting to a simple vote, and you thought my vote which put Jal at L-2 was scummy...

Also She hasn't been on since you asked the question if she thought that so saying that is misinterpreting her words until she responds.

So you're being just a teensy bit hypocritical and definitely scummy because of it.

In post 71, The Acting Method wrote:Argula... How is it scummy, because I don't see it.

In post 137, The Acting Method wrote:To add onto what Nyal was saying to Charter...

I've already gotten into why his case is bad...

It's built around the principle that getting lynched d1 is a worthy sacrifice for town...

The set up means that we only are aloted 1 mislynch then game over.

Charter/Argula/?/? scum team? I can buy that. Possibly Slandaar as the third.

Okay, I'm voting for him A: Because of his reasoning for voting Malee... Argula's case on Malee, I've already explained why it's bad. (Also, Argula's reaction to my pressuring was TERRIBLE FYI) Also the things that GreyIce pointed out.

In post 143, The Acting Method wrote:He was implying it and I agreed that Charter was scummy and his action did look like he was trying to save me which I do find scummy since I do not know his alignment.

And because it's foolish to bus, Charter and I CAN'T be scum together. (And neither can Charter/Malee.)

110 is your worse, and sounds like scum whose case has been beaten down to the ground.

Before that you had a chance of being a tunnling townie. 110 basically screamed "SCUM" to me.

Only reason my vote isn't on you is because I think that at least two scum are charter buddied you in his vote and specifically mentioned your incredibly weak case as his reason and called it solid.

It's as weak as Grey's reason for voting me.

Just to clarify:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Charter

Your first line: I'm adding on to your point about Argula's case not being solid.

Second... Thought I saw someone mention it... will double check. Could be me talking to myself based on my thoughts.

Third, His reaction to my pressure is meh until 110. At which point he just repeats himself and doesn't actually explain how IN THIS SETUP, Malee's actions are scummy.

Because as I know Malee has pointed out because I definitely recall seeing it... We only get 1 mislynch before we lose.

In post 148, The Acting Method wrote:He doesn't say it, but that seems to be the implication behind his words (how I interpret them) and I believe in an earlier post, I say that he seems to be under the impression that Malee's vote is scummy because it's basically trying to defend me from being lynched in a game where we can't really afford a mislynch.

So basically I'm reffering to the idea I see present in his posts that the uber defensiveness is scummy because town would be more willing to die and care less about being lynched if it caught scum.

So while no one actually has said it outright except for me, that's what I feel Argula's case against Malee is. And it's something he hasn't addressed in my opinion which is how is it scummy in a game where we only get two mislynches because each mislynch loses 2 people.

In post 553, The Acting Method wrote:Arugula... That's what I'm flipping trying to do... But first I have analyzing to do.

Though frankly your attitude is scummy.

Frankly Nyal, I'm tired of Argu tunneling and not doing anything else useful.

In post 762, The Acting Method wrote:Every time you ask I give you an explination... I've given two for Aru.

I didn't find his d1 attack on me/Malee/Hirkari townie.

The "Most Common Denominator" Excuse which seems to be half the reason people are voting me.

We've got scum.

tldr: Arugula has consistently made moves and pushes that make no sense from a town perspective. He has tunnelled to the point where it isn't townie and his case has been riddled with more holes that swiss cheese. That pretty much describes why I think Arugula is scum and pretty much all of his posts. Also, have you noticed he seems to get quiet every time I call him out for his reasoning now?

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 822, Slandaar wrote:
In post 819, ChannelDelibird wrote:having played visibly within himself during that time. The bare statistics of his sitewide iso have nothing to do with that.

In post 611, yellowbounder wrote:I swear the days I spent refreshing the thread, nothing happens, and then when I go away for like 12 hours, suddenly POSTS.

Yellow is the one who has the time and doesn't post content

Bridge posts content when he has time. This is proven by the way he burst posts.

Like its obvious.

Slandaar, are you town?

Because I like you better when you're scum.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Open Games”