Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 989, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 889, Tierce wrote:
petapan and Hindu aren't scum together.
explain the reasoning behind this comment.
I missed this earlier. When Hindu was all raging against OAFE, it was an hyper defense of petapan. There was little reaction from petapan's side, but then he posted a laughing comment. Hindu's reaction to
that
(even though it wasn't actually directed at him) doesn't seem like something he would do to a scumbuddy. It feels he's naturally defending someone he believes is town (and either way, I don't think either of them is scum).
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

i should probably finish reading the game buuuuut a scum read just because a scum acted weird in regards to them is kinda meh. like if she's scummy for other reasons too sure but that alone is pretty easy for scum to do to town. like grey did that last game with me by saying i was scum and then voting someone else the day he got lynched in the game we just finished.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Tierce »

There's a difference between
good
scum doing that and obviously weak scum doing that. Shinori claimed bomb/supersaint without much pressure, then vigged Fate/Regfan when it started looking like he would get lynched for that claim. This isn't a sign of a strong player who would be trying to sling mud at town with a purposefully waffly read.

I'm being completely honest when I say I can't read Nuwen worth a damn. Associative tells from others is the best I've got to get a grasp on her. And Shinori felt a need to overjustify that null/nonexistent read--compare that with his read on the two other lurkerslots at the time, UT (me) and Bella, which he attributes an alignment to without any issue. It's forced.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by petapan »

i still think the fact shinori speculated on nuwen possibly being 3p makes him more likely to not be night, tbh and i know i've said that before but it bears reiterating

i mean it's possible but right now you should be looking at seraphim
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, the claim means little to me given the fact that I am not that role (Numa Child). Has anyone claimed it yet? I don't see anyone vouching for her. I don't buy the argument that she wouldn't claim something so easily disprovable if she was scum. I know nothing of the theme however.

Matt, what's the hold up?

Look, I stand by my comment. I feel pretty strongly that this is the best explanation for Shinori's action. Shinori didn't strike me as the type to make such a rash decision like that at such an inappropriate time. Even if he did just do this to throw us off, I feel like we have the leeway with which to go forward and take that risk. I would kick myself harder for second guessing myself away from a Tierce lynch to have her flip scum than I would to push forward and have her flip town. This feels good in both my mind and my gut, which, unsurprisingly, don't often seem to be in line.

peta's not-so-subtle calls to slow down this wagon stick out like a sore thumb.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1004, RedCoyote wrote:Matt, what's the hold up?

I'll do it tomorrow, I'm having RL problems and I don't have time right now to look through two games
SlappyKrust
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Kill first; ask questions later.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It's what our IC-duo would've wanted.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by petapan »

i'm arguing that trying to disprove tierce's claim is worthless as the information has no bearing on tierce's alignment oh my god did this entire game check out mentally after regfate died that we've had several pages of lolderpflavorargumentz

i'm calling you TO LOOK AT SERAPHIM BECAUSE HE IS SCUM AND NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I ACTUALLY SAY

i'm not even saying i have a town-read on tierce though if i had to guess right now she is town

i am saying people are too narrowly focused like they've already given up on this day and it is driving me up the wall

and i'd appreciate it if someone would actually give me the time of day with regard to anything i say rather than saying "loldeflecting"

and hell i'll do it once more, with feeling, so that it just might penetrate someone's skull this time
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod
, what is an anti-prod?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 1008, petapan wrote:i'm not even saying i have a town-read on tierce though if i had to guess right now she is town

Parse them words!

Lol, "I'm not saying I have a town-read, but I would guess she's town."

If
I
had to guess, I'd guess you're staking on a fake position to sound relevant in a time when it doesn't matter.

In post 1008, petapan wrote:i am saying people are too narrowly focused like they've already given up on this day and it is driving me up the wall

and hell i'll do it once more, with feeling, so that it just might penetrate someone's skull this time

Yeah, I like that (except when it sounds fake, which, unfortunately, I think it does coming from you), but now you have another problem. You're changing your playstyle mid-game here. You got on my case earlier when I called you out for being too wimpy. Now you're giving us the business about how no one is paying you any mind.

No way, man. You're totally fake. You're totally trying too hard to act town.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Conspiracy theory: peta-scum has Shinori kill self off in order to protect Tierce-scum and deflect to me, because I was the only person who openly defended Shinori.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1011, Seraphim wrote:Conspiracy theory: peta-scum has Shinori kill self off in order to protect Tierce-scum and deflect to me, because I was the only person who openly defended Shinori.

waht
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Seraphim »

No but seriously.

Unvote

I need to reread.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

So MoI is town, chesskid is most likely scum, bella is most likely town, unless there is the possibility of multiple scum being amongst MoI's info.
What about petapetapan?

Vote: petapan
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by petapan »

if swear if i get ignored after this post i'm just going to start trolling and voting on every lynch

okay, even if we ignore the way shinori acted around seraphim which was super god damn awkward and his content overall being doodoo because hey i haven't been posting great either the following is undeniably scummy:

in Post #672 ISO #8 seraphim tries to get interaction reads from staeg. ignoring the silliness of that given that staeg barely interacted with anyone, he comes off with a town read on Tierce's slot:

In post 672, Seraphim wrote:
Staeg and UT

438 wrote:Okay no I'm retarded
I'll help you along with that wagon; still think shinori's scum
unvote
Vote: UT

I think this should put to rest UT/Tierce scum allegations for the moment. I'm not sure why scum would try to discredit wagon on popular town lynch in order to bus their buddy. Staeg wasn't facing any pressure at that point, no reason to abandon ship.

Okay, taking a look at chesskid's play, I would like to say that both Staeg and chesskid were pushing the same two lynches: Shinori and UT until he finally votes Staeg in 499 in what could very well be bussing. The same two lynches(admittedly at two different times), lynches that look like serious scumbait to me. I don't think UT's play has been that scummy, merely distracted. Also, Staeg's vote on UT, as explained earlier, was not timed right to be a bus. It doesn't make any sense as a bus IMO. Shinori's play reads VI town under pressure and I'd be happy to provide some examples of why to anyone interested.

In the meantime, I would suggest people join me in voting chesskid.

This is a pretty detailed rationale for his town read, he avoids the wagon entirely up until shinori suicides.

THEN SUDDENLY IN POST #935 ISO #14

In post 935, Seraphim wrote:
In post 931, MattP wrote:Oh yeah, I wanted to say that if Tierce is scum there is confirmed daytalk for scum.
Haha you've got to be kidding me. Shinori's ill-contrived suicide attempt proves that scum almost certainly DO NOT have daytalk. There is a possibility that the scumteam is full of idiots but any player with the tiniest bit of skill could see that Shinori's play was terribly timed.

Unvote
Vote: Tierce

There's no prior comment from him on anything tierce says, nothing to indicate he's changing his mind, he doesn't so much as try to elucidate a reason in the post where he votes first.

Then when I call him on it, rather than, you know, actually trying to explain why he now no longer considers his logic for Tierce-town valid, he mocks me, says i have a shitty case, and accuses me of deflecting off the tierce wagon. he has contradicted himself and does not feel the need to explain why he is voting someone he previously had a town read on, or even mention that he used to have a town read on the slot. this is a thing. a thing that scum do. because they want to lynch someone so they just join the wagon since hey it's well on its way anyway and hopefully no one will notice. if he was town, i would at least have expected him to try to rationalize why he is now voting tierce but instead he's just trying to discredit me and that is a big mistake

look at all dem words. seraphim is scum. mattp's probably the scum of the 3 names magnaofillusion is giving but i don't need to explain that today.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1012, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 1011, Seraphim wrote:Conspiracy theory: peta-scum has Shinori kill self off in order to protect Tierce-scum and deflect to me, because I was the only person who openly defended Shinori.

waht

"hey scumbuddy, please use your suboptimal suicide bomb to kill the innocent child that is town-reading both of us so we can save tierce"
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Seraphim »

The reasoning is. I had forgotten that Tierce was in UT's slot. And decided to press forward rather than back off when this was presented to me because I wanted to see how things would develop.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1010, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 1008, petapan wrote:i'm not even saying i have a town-read on tierce though if i had to guess right now she is town

Parse them words!

Lol, "I'm not saying I have a town-read, but I would guess she's town."

If
I
had to guess, I'd guess you're staking on a fake position to sound relevant in a time when it doesn't matter.

In post 1008, petapan wrote:i am saying people are too narrowly focused like they've already given up on this day and it is driving me up the wall

Yeah, I like that (except when it sounds fake, which, unfortunately, I think it does coming from you), but now you have another problem. You're changing your playstyle mid-game here. You got on my case earlier when I called you out for being too wimpy. Now you're giving us the business about how no one is paying you any mind.

No way, man. You're totally fake. You're totally trying too hard to act town.

yeah, that's what I am saying - I don't have any real good
reason
to think she's town, I just
feel
it man. Hence why I can't actually say "no, this lynch is wrong, because A B C" - because A B C don't exist for me. I just feel it, which I know I said isn't enough, and it isn't - the difference is, I have
reasons
for thinking someone else is scum and i'm trying to get that across. What I'm saying is "I
feel
like tierce is town, i am not sure of that but my scumread on seraphim is stronger because XYZ".

my mood changed, my reads changed, the way i decided to play the game changed because suddenly for the first time in this game I HAVE A REAL CONVICTION THAT SOMEONE IS SCUM. screw you if you think that's fake, it's how i play and if you weren't being so damn lazy maybe you'd actually check to see that's true. there is a REASON i am coming on strong now and trying to shoot me down for that is just plain damn rude
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1017, Seraphim wrote:The reasoning is. I had forgotten that Tierce was in UT's slot. And decided to press forward rather than back off when this was presented to me because I wanted to see how things would develop.

oh my god

if anyone can read this post and not vote seraphim for it they need to hand in their badge and their gun because they're off the force
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Seraphim »

*points to sig*
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Except I'm not trying to shoot you down for coming on strong. I'm trying to shoot you down for changing your playstyle when it best suits your agenda.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Honestly, I think you're full of shit. I think your scumbuddy fucked up and you're trying to pick up the pieces by deflecting onto me.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Actually. Fuck. Wait. Now I'm not so sure.

Unvote
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by petapan »

redcoyote, my agenda is to help the town win. in early game where my reads are less strong, i'll sheep people whose convictions are stronger. when i strongly feel that someone is town or that someone is scum, i speak up aggressively. just because i feel differently about the game over time doesn't mean i'm scum. you're being ridiculous.

can you at least give me the god damn time of day with regard to what i am saying rather than screaming "omg fake" and ignoring my content

seraphim i'm not going to buy the "lol i suck and im proud" defense because if you really just didn't give a damn you wouldn't accuse me of trying to deflect off the wagon, that's a thing someone with some degree of conviction says, and bad play isn't inherently town play anyway

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”