NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 695, scooby wrote:there is a problem with lynching scooby

I am town

that is

sorry bro, u dying soon
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
9 to lynch

singersigner: 8 (Psyche, Staeg, JDodge, bv310, redFF, Tierce, Glork, AGar)

Not Voting: 8 (Hoopla, Quagmire, singersigner, Bella, Rhinox, scooby, Simenon, Flameaxe)

Current Deadline:
Monday August 20th, 10 PM EST
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 am

Post by Bella »

In post 624, AGar wrote:Fred, you're almost as bad as me at this.

Wish there was some idea of who Primate had covered.

I would hazard a guess that he either protected the claimed cop or the mod-confirmed town player.

In post 626, Psyche wrote:Got a guilty on singersigner last night.

Should have been your first post of the day, dumbass. I believe you, since the way you opened the day practically screamed "Look at me, I R teh awesum skumzcacherz" in an irritatingly smug way, but you left the door open for other people to not believe you.

In post 639, Staeg wrote:Psyche, non-sane cops can't be used in normal games.
The thing is, I didn't believe psyche's guilty until singer went "JUST IN CASE I GET A LYNCH ON THE DUDE GOING AND HE FLIPS COP, DIS BE EXCUSE OK?"

Also yeah quil was obvtown and if that was our only vigshot then woosh.

Then why did you vote for singer before her post that apparently confirmed here as scum to you?

In post 698, Quagmire wrote:don't lynch singer yet, k guys? i still need to post (can't now, bedtime)

I am kinda curious about this.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 am

Post by JDodge »

Psyche wrote:The thing is, I didn't believe psyche's guilty until singer went "JUST IN CASE I GET A LYNCH ON THE DUDE GOING AND HE FLIPS COP, DIS BE EXCUSE OK?"

Can anyone explain why there was ever a good reason to disbelieve Psyche, because it seems pretty fucking obvious both in the first place and essentially in hindsight that he's just a massive tool.

FINALLY IZZY HAS JOINED US IN PLAYING, REJOICE GUYS
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Psyche »

:/

I really didn't
know
it was thar important to say stuff like that in my first post. I mean, you guys should've known I'd scanned someone last night.

I'm sorry if that makes me a terrible person who should feel terrible.
You can't step in the same river twice.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:55 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 704, Psyche wrote::/

I really didn't
know
it was thar important to say stuff like that in my first post. I mean, you guys should've known I'd scanned someone last night.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHETHER OR NOT WE KNOW YOU SCANNED SOMEONE, IT MATTERS WHO THE FUCK YOU SCANNED AND WHAT YOUR FUCKING RESULT IS.

stop being such a fucking douche and start acting as part of the town. as of now your only contribution to this game is that you actually pulled your head out of your ass for long enough to submit a night action.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Psyche »

And I think you mistake smug for playful. I only scanned singersigner because of you guys' amazing ability to find not one, but two scum wagons on D1. It wasn't my achievement; it was just my luck to be on such a great team.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 705, JDodge wrote:
In post 704, Psyche wrote::/

I really didn't
know

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHETHER OR NOT WE KNOW YOU SCANNED SOMEONE, IT MATTERS WHO THE FUCK YOU SCANNED AND WHAT YOUR FUCKING RESULT IS.

stop being such a fucking douche and start acting as part of the town. as of now your only contribution to this game is that you actually pulled your head out of your ass for long enough to submit a night action.

I don't get how that post makes me a fucking douche.

I'm not very motivated to read and wallpost in a game I'm about to die in. Heck, the day could nd bedore I finish.

Besides, I really doubt my ability to make a meaningful contribution to this game, given how much of a total dumbass I am.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

*twiddling thumbs*

want to hammer singer but honoring requests to wait.

If singer and nham are the same scumgroup, tierce seems like scum for avoiding both wagons yesterday as the day was winding down. Tierce, Bella, and psyche are the only 3 living players off either wagon at lynch. Doesn't really make sense for psyche if singer flips scum, and Bella is innocent child so... Not sure how the gunsmith result plays in though, but I'm pretty much looking at tierce and the nham wagon (especially the late jumpers) for any remaining mafia assuming 1 mafia group. Singer could be a second faction or 3rd party though which would make more sense IMO than running up 2 mafia of the same faction and there being so much apathy about it. Which is why we really just need to lynch singer to know for sure. I tend to get lost in working out all the what-ifs.

In post 699, scooby wrote:his nhammen read goes from
<snip>

Yeah you have a good point if singer is another faction other than scum with nham, but it doesn't make any sense at all if singer IS scum with nham especially if scum PR. Doesn't make any sense at all for scumSimenon to backpedal away from nham only to push on another scum partner in singer (assuming singer is scum and partner with nham blah blah obligatory spelling out assumptions wtf can we please just lynch singer now so we know for sure what we're dealing with and not have to make these assumptions at all).

In post 684, JDodge wrote:I want to lynch Rhinox tomorrow half for his play and half for his claim. It's pretty fucking weird to have a faction-specific immune town neighbor; seems like less of a stretch to have a serial killer neighbor. I feel the lack of a second kill is explainable by (if there is an SK) the SK targeting either Primate or Primate's target (I'd assume that Primate's target was Psyche; if so, then we can assume that the serial killer doesn't have immunity to standard investigations) moreso than it is by Stag blocking whoeverthefuck it was he blocked.

Seems like its more like 100% for my claim. This is all bullshit outguessing the mod, and really still 3rd-party hunting when there isn't even evidence there is a 3rd party in the game? I shouldn't have to explain how dumb that is. You also seem to be assuming that singer isn't an sk. And you're trying way too hard with too many baseless assumptions to prove that an sk doesn't have investigation immunity therefore implying the hypothetical sk must have something else implicating me for being bulletproof.

Or.. what hoopla said better than I :shrug:
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 702, Bella wrote:Then why did you vote for singer before her post that apparently confirmed here as scum to you?

That was me going along with it, having forgotten that I actually had a townread on singer at the end of yesterday.
In post 708, Rhinox wrote:If singer and nham are the same scumgroup, tierce seems like scum for avoiding both wagons yesterday as the day was winding down.

Nope. If anything, tierce is less likely scum for that.

mod: would a gunsmith get a guilty on a serial killer? How about a cop? How about a vig? How about a mafia godfather?
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Staeg »

derp
mod: would a gunsmith get a guilty on a serial killer? How about a cop? How about a vig? How about a mafia godfather?
sa vrede?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 709, Staeg wrote:Nope. If anything, tierce is less likely scum for that.

what makes you think that?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Staeg »

Because, if the two wagons at near-deadline are scum, it's not like you're going to start up a mislynch - why not go for the brownie points for bussing?
sa vrede?
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Bella »

In post 709, Staeg wrote:
In post 702, Bella wrote:Then why did you vote for singer before her post that apparently confirmed here as scum to you?

That was me going along with it, having forgotten that I actually had a townread on singer at the end of yesterday.

I fine this highly suspect. I'd go as far as to say that if/when Singer flips scum, I'd be willing to call you essentially confirmed scum for how you quickly shifted your read and posting after she made her post.

In post 710, Staeg wrote:derp

"The Gunsmith is an information role that can target a player at Night to learn if they have a gun in flavor. Members of the Mafia (that are not Doctors), Cops, FBI Agents, Vigilantes, other Gunsmiths, Paranoid Gun Owners, etc. all have guns in traditional flavor. Notably, Serial Killers and Doctors do not have guns.

Using these guidelines, Gunsmiths are considered Normal on mafiascum.net."
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 712, Staeg wrote:Because, if the two wagons at near-deadline are scum, it's not like you're going to start up a mislynch - why not go for the brownie points for bussing?

I wasn't just talking about near-deadline. Starting about here when nham and singer were the 2 leading wagons with about 6 votes each over a week before the lynch and deadline, and tierce is going off trying to start a redff wagon. Before that and for most of the week leading up to the lynch tierce doesn't actually take a solid stance on either of the top 2 wagons at all. My belief (based on past experiences) is that its an akward position for scum to be in, where you don't know what to say because you don't want to bus too quickly when another outcome is still possible, but you don't want to defend too strongly in case your partner gets lynched.

Examples of what I'm talking about:
Still ~ a week before deadline, only mention of nham:
In post 456, Tierce wrote:As town, you can admit that something you do can be perceived as scummy. Yes, nhammen could have dismissed the accusation, but countering and discussing it does not make him scum.

A couple mentions of singer:
In post 571, Tierce wrote:Hoopla, why is singer's claim more important to you than the fact that Quagmire has refused to claim?
Kinda a chainsaw type defense
In post 571, Tierce wrote:Hey Stag--why is BBM town? Why Quil? Why was UT scummy? You're spewing reads onto the thread and I've yet to see some decent reasoning for them. (Side note--as I go through this, I end up scrolling down to see JD making pretty much the same questions. More townpoints for JD etc.) Also also also--what I just found in your ISO, all your references to me:

In post 571, Tierce wrote:Flameaxe--why singer over red?

^^^ The 2 above questioning scumreads on the singerslot
In post 571, Tierce wrote:Would vote singer, bv310, scooby, all three by sheer strength of being utterly useless so far. However, there is a caveat on singer--she pulled pretty much the same uncooperating BS in Mafia Behind the Maiden. Glork has alluded to this. She can be obnoxious, obstructive and stubborn, but that doesn't make her scum. Worse than that--singertown doesn't react to pressure to step it up. That's a stupid compromise wagon that is likely to hit town. Votes on Staeg please and thank you.
very wishywashy overexplanation about singer, casual mention of her other 2 compromise lynches.

There's also the staeg vote in there.

After prodding from glork a day before the lynch happened:
In post 588, Tierce wrote:He's not in my group of solid townreads; I'm short on time for analysis, which means anyone outside that group is a lynch I can live with. Frankly, at this moment I just want to sheep Hoopla and JD because brains + rationality + actually giving a damn, so if they are pushing a viable wagon at deadline, I'll pull a Katsuki-wagonhop.

note: JD was voting singer and Hoopla was voting nham. I mean right here, this is basically the
brownie points
damage control you're looking for. After spending a week pushing other targets and subtly challenging other players' scum reads on the 2 scum wagons, she's OK with both of their lynches. Yeah OK there's no actual vote there but tierce also went on kinda sorta VLA til just before deadline (still stalling hoping for a different outcome to the day?) before the quick chain of voters hopped on nham so in all likelyhood tierce was going to eventually do exactly what you said and bus one of the 2.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 am

Post by Tierce »

Just got home, haven't read up but this caught my eye:
In post 714, Rhinox wrote:tierce also went on kinda sorta VLA til just before deadline (still stalling hoping for a different outcome to the day?)
Don't you dare question my integrity like that, Rhinox. I don't fake V/LAs, that's lying to the mod. I was busy with geocoinfest, a geocaching event that lasted Friday-Sunday.

Will catch up on this after dinner.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 715, Tierce wrote:Don't you dare question my integrity like that, Rhinox. I don't fake V/LAs, that's lying to the mod. I was busy with geocoinfest, a geocaching event that lasted Friday-Sunday.

Get over yourself.

I'm not questioning your integrity infact you never actually declared a V/LA with bold to the mod text or anything, so your grandstanding about faking VLA's and lying to the mod is completely irrelevant.

In post 588, Tierce wrote:It's going to be way closer to the deadline before I actually have time to further go through the game, this weekend is geocoinfest time for me. I'll be back after midnight.

In post 608, Tierce wrote:Shameless prod dodge, it's geocoinfest weekend.

Not really important, but I generally don't really care about external situations being used as explanations/defenses. Its not because I'm an asshole, I just don't think that having a external excuse for scummy behavior, even if its truthful, actually excuses said. If people have time to post about their troubles in the frame of the game, then A) they have time to be posting about the game, and B) it becomes part of the game to be analyzed and scrutinized. I tend to become uncomfortable with B) when it comes to IRL issues so it has always been my policy to ignore specific reasons; if you have external problems affecting your play you have the option to go on VLA until the issue is resolved or replace out.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but if you're going to make this about ethics then I feel I should explain my position.

As for your specific situation, I never even accused you of lying to the players, so I apologize if it came across that way. As I explained above, I don't care about the reason you weren't at deadline, I noted that you announced intention to be inactive until just close to deadline and hypothesized a scum motivation for doing so. The reason doesn't matter, it could be an outright lie or truthful reason taken advantage of. Neither are inethical moves for scum or a question of your integrity. Its just scum lying to players. Faking VLA is a completely different thing altogether and frankly you had no business taking the conversation there, but here we are.

If its still a problem, then I will formerly retract my hypothesis that you were strategically inactive near deadline to further your scum agenda, but I submit that I still believe you to be a top canditate for scum with singer and nham for the rest of the reasons I provided, and I kindly ask that you refrain from such strawman sidetracks in the future.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 am

Post by Tierce »

I haven't even looked at the rest of your post beyond the barest of skimmings; I'm a shameless attention whore and saw your post because I have an active search string for my name in the forums. I don't see a difference between declaring V/LA in-thread and editing it on the profile options, as it's equally visible for a mod who goes through Activity Overview.

I actually think that kind of lying is unethical regardless of alignment (and you can probably find this stance from me in MD, iirc), and tbqh there is evidence on the internet that I was busy then, since the event was logged and my presence listed. :P Either way--I'll address the rest of your points and y'know, actually bother rereading the game when I have time tonight; I was reminded I have a game session from 2 to 6 am (damn you, timezones) and need a nap before that. It's slow enought hat I can play and read at the same time, so I'll do that then.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:21 am

Post by singersigner »

HUGE FUCKING CATCHUP POST.

Ahhhfuck it, I'm too stressed out for this right now.

vote: singersigner
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:23 am

Post by bv310 »

Oh ffs
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

Lol.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 am

Post by Psyche »

Oh, well that's lucky. I actually scanned Staeg last Night.

Kidding.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
9 to lynch

singersigner: 9 (Psyche, Staeg, JDodge, bv310, redFF, Tierce, Glork, AGar, singersigner)

Not Voting: 7 (Hoopla, Quagmire, Bella, Rhinox, scooby, Simenon, Flameaxe)

Lynch has been reached.

It doesn't take long. singersigner is dragged forth.
"Are you sure?" they ask the accuser.
"You're not the most reliable..."
"I'm sure," says singer.

singersigner -
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day Two

It is now Night Two. All actions are due Saturday, August 11th, 10 PM EST.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Everyone reconvenes at Psyche's house the next morning, where they assemble behind the casket and follow the procession to the graveyard. Then the accusations begin anew.

Psyche -
Sane Cop
- Killed Night Two

It is now Day Three. With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by redFF »

alright
vote:agar

rhinox is cool too

why do you want to lynch me JD