Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@AGar
– have you looked at where and how KarenWalker / Quilford end up on wagons in comparison to the flipped scum in your read on that slot as Night?

--

Flash wrote: Because my setup speculation ability has been called into question, I'm still positive something else was going on with OAFEs role.

Well since you are talking about flexing those skills let me ask you this –

How strong a conglomerate of protective / defensive roles for Town do you expect in the set-up as revealed so far?

Because we basically have the following flipped / claimed …

Hider
Some form of Limited Jailkeeper
Shmugen’s “I can make myself BP each Night”

On top of this it has to be expected Commexxo SK is probably Bulletproof as well. How many defensive roles work as a counterbalance for a Night team with a Roleblocking Dragon and Sacrificial Dayvig?

--

VOTE: RedCoyote

I hate having my vote idle and outside the 1in3 I think both himself and Seraphim are perhaps the strongest candidates for scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 am

Post by petapan »

VOTE: MoI

yeah okay whatever die
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 am

Post by petapan »

you could have had it all but you had to go and scumclaim
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am

In post 1327, petapan wrote:you could have had it all but you had to go and scumclaim

Yup, you are a moron.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 am

Post by petapan »

"my role says i could have a guaranteed scum lynch today, but i will not try to make that happen, because i hate it, i hate winning as town" - a thing a person who is town would not say
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:10 am

Post by petapan »

i literally didn't even read your posts because any justification you can come up with for "i do not want a 100% scum lynch from my POV" is not worth reading
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 am

In post 1329, petapan wrote:"my role says i could have a guaranteed scum lynch today, but i will not try to make that happen, because i hate it, i hate winning as town" - a thing a person who is town would not say

Yeah there were some questions I asked you about your claim. You haven't answered them. I'm not locking into a Tammy / Bella lynch until I get some answers. And given how dead wrong you were about Tierce I'm not letting that go. Very little reason I shouldn't represent my other suspicions outside the 1in3 with a vote while I weigh out possibilities. That's how you scum-hunt Peta.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:12 am

In post 1316, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Then here’s my question Peta … you ‘knew’ your role was said role from Day 1. Why haven’t you bothered to push harder on the other two since you are ‘confirmed Town’? Your play doesn’t match someone not worried in the least about being mislynched in the 1in3.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:28 am

Post by petapan »

the funny thing is i really don't need to answer to you
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

@tammy

meh you should change tactics
adapt as any alignment

may not be full on tunnel
quite evident your goal was to attack mina

don't remember implying those townreads were a bother
asked for explanations is all

"LOL SERA Scumposting for not giving info right away" said tammy
"im too tired to go through all my info today" said tammy

seraphim very little engagement into the game? odd reason for being voteworthy:
worse lurkers you brush off (quilford)

sera scum for minimal nightteam interactions?
mutilple players in that category Why no them get that analysis?

attack mina for trying to get you to react (town often do this)
attack mina for freely admitting to a change in playstyle (very honest answer)
attack mina for expecting you to read her and ces as town (have expected players i have played with before to read me as town too)

"if i was scum i would get on mina's good side. wat do i have to gain?" said tammy
attack mina for some towncred meta reasons?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1325, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@AGar – have you looked at where and how KarenWalker / Quilford end up on wagons in comparison to the flipped scum in your read on that slot as Night?

Are you dense? Like, seriously... ARE YOU DENSE?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Tammy »

@4nx - I'm not going to get into a play style debate with you. As I said before, I will engage in whatever conversations I have to in order to determine alignment.

You said you couldn't understand my motivations for dropping those town reads, which implied ou thought that you were bothered by the fact that I did it.

Not following your point on what I guess is you implying hypocrisy on my pert. Sera not being able to give an answer or two for why he's voting me and saying hopefully tomorrow is a bit different than me saying I will give more reads tomorrow. It was 5am my time and going through Isos and looking at interactns takes time. I haven't brushed off anyone. In fact I answered you about quilford and is the next person I will be giving a read on when I start working on them later this evening. I made it quite clear that I haven't finished my reads, so I'm not following on your question about why I haven't analyzed everyone yet.

Never attacked Mina for trying to get me to react. I told her I wasn't going to give her what she wanted when she kept implying I was being suspicious. Also didn't attack Mina for admitting to play style change. It was strange that she answered my question that way and I said why. You should retread that. Didn't attack Mina for thinking I should read her as town, thought it was odd that she was ridiculing me for not reading them as town...there's a difference. And, did you seriously write attack Mina for towncred meta reasons???

So basically what I'm getting from this is that minimum has a right to attack me and be suspicious of me, but I'm not allowed to be suspicious of them and ask the questions I feel I need to in order to determine their alignment. Confirmation bias is a bitch.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

not understanding does not imply being bothered
would continue to press you on them if i was

hyprocrisy only small part
about you assigning scum motive to null motive

you attacking mina cause you normally would buddy up as scum
in the realm of possibile scum moves

you can attack anyone you want
this is a bit concerning:
In post 1271, Tammy wrote:Your reaction makes no sense from an innocent mindset. I feel like if you were innocent you would be more inclined to understand that I had reservations about you and was asking questions to try to determine it.

why disregard the possibilty that she was doing the same thing to you
if you had an innocent mindset wouldn't you be more understandable of her suspicions?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Tammy »

Nope! Saying will give *reasons* tomorrow, hopefully, implies there are no reasons now and he's got to make some up. From what I gathered, he was suspecting me for suspecting minimum, and that read as a strange type of buddying to me. His contributions to the game only intensified my suspicion.

Nope again! I typically don't buddy up as scum for one. And, casting false suspicion which is what it seems you and minimum were implying, would be insanely stupid for me to do in Mina's case. When someone knows how to read you really well and is suspicious of you, you don't behave in a way that would make them more suspicious of you. ie you wouldn't make fake attacks as it would be easier for it to be read that way. My suspicion of minimum is 100% genuine, which should be evident in the questions I asked.

Hmmm...you are implying I'm not being understanding. I am. There's no way I couldn't be understanding. I'm coming into a game with heavy suspicion on me already and am more than likely not living past this day. I would be an idiot to think that it would go away just because I replaced in. I don't have a problem with her doubts about me or her suspicions. I thought that the way she went about a couple of things was suspect, but her being suspicious of me or trying to determine my alignment is something that is completely understandable.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:42 am

Post by petapan »

we are lynching magnaofillusion and tammy is going to hammer him that is what we are going to do today
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Shmugen »

I don't quite understand the trepidation for you of the 1 in 3, Tammy. Informed status isn't going to be the same for each type of player. Gamma knows of a name and Magna doesn't, Gamma knows about 1 person a lot and Magna knows about 3 a little. If your goal is to scumhunt as normal, you can play a huge role in getting this game back to that point. You hammer Bella. If you both die and are both town, we kill Magna. That's 4 night scum down in 4 days giving us foreseeably 1/1/6.

@Peta: Why have Tammy drop the hammer if you think Magna is scum?
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am

Post by Shmugen »

Magna: when looking at game balance, don't forget how super gross Befouler is.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Gammagooey »

we're killing tammy and bella because magna is the most stubborn player i can think of on the entire site and it is completely expected of him to ignore basically mod-confirmed town because we haven't asked every single person in the game for a counterclaim yet.

Answering questions meant for other people,
Gamma
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 am

Post by Shmugen »

You're a good man, Gamma, and thorough.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

@Minimum
Minimum wrote:
Also, s_o_o, 1) I asked you a question about your RC read, 2) why have you been paying a lot more attention to your other games than this one? 3) Why are you playing completely differently from how you were in FF6 Mafia and Chrono Trigger? (CES told me you were mislynch bait there, but I ISO'd you, and you seemed a lot more passionate in that game.)

1. RC made some decent points in his #268. I especially liked the fact that he stated that just because a mod doesn't like a role doesn't mean that they won't put it in the game…this was coming off the argument on OAFE and his miller claim when . I actually agreed with a a lot of RC's points, which admittedly, sways me think he is town. i also like his Shin/Tierce interaction...if he was scum, i'd think he'd bus Shinori to try and build votes up against him before the implosion....instead he went after Tierce...
2. Really? Pretty sure I have been giving all of my games the same amount of attention. Yup…sure have. Seeing as my work has had me going pretty crazy this last month with the customer probs that I would have to go drive/fly out and fix…I'll admit, I have had less time than i normally would...
3. I would love to hear your explanation of "completely different". Of course I was more passionate in Chrono Cross…I replaced into a slot under heavy fire and was attacked as soon as I made my first post. I fought tooth and nail for the short time that i was there (i was mis-lynched the same day). After i had calmed Fate down, i'm pretty sure it was CES who replaced in and immediately took up the crusade against me. So yeh..i was more passionate there. And look at FF6...it's the same way...i was more passionate when i drew fire (mainly from Time Eater who was always trying to mis-lynch me)... and when i caught you in your scum slip.

MOI , would you be willing to hammer Bella?
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1340, Shmugen wrote:@Peta: Why have Tammy drop the hammer if you think Magna is scum?

because i'm lining up option number two in case he's inexplicably town in spite of ducking a surefire thing with two night-aligned players left

really though it's patently clear now he just tried to line up some grudge lynches as scum and it backfired on him and he's trying to weasel out of it because he knows he's sunk, i think the reason people are so divided on mattp/tammy and bella is because they both have town-tells
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 am

Post by Shmugen »

How is this not an amazing place for you to be in? Each and every one of you should be ecstatic that we have a guaranteed scum lynch today, and you're all pissy and moany about it. We can even make sure you live till tomorrow, Jailkeeper.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by petapan »

you misunderstand me i'm fairly psyched that we can get an easy scum lynch with 3/5 down but people are making this so god damn hard

i mean i'm dealing with some people who legitimately considered MoI lying as town the most plausible reasoning for his claim so i'm going to get a bit frustrated
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Shmugen »

I haven't heard a good argument yet for why Magna would lie as scum. Flash's is ALMOST decent, but it's so far off the deep end and ignores a key point. Magna is scum who comes up with a random list of three players as a means of defense against an SK shooting him, as the SK shooting Magna would mean town doesn't lynch in the three ever. Crazy, but sure, okay, except that the second Magna flips and isn't informed, those three are back on the table, in addition to the steaming piles of WIFOM available if his list is chosen at random. He could put one night in there, he could put in two and a town, he could accidentally put Commexo in there, etc.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by petapan »

i'll do whatever works i really don't see a point in pondering this endlessly

refresh me on how this plan to keep me alive is going to work with your role?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”