Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1374, RedCoyote wrote:Lol, we're still talking about the slip! Oh, dear. MoI, you can't read me at all, bud.

Yes, please feel free to pretend the 'slip' is the only thing in that case and ignore all the relational material presented ... :igmeou:
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 am

Post by AGar »

Hmmm...

Yeah claiming might work.

Let me mull this over.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 am

Post by AGar »

Ok yes, I'm pretty sure this is the right call, since Peta didn't jail anyone last night. Unless scum shot commexo and commexo is BP, this should explain for the single kill.

I'm Mr. Scattamun, The Freak Show Organizer.

I have a passive that I know my wife, Mrs. Scattamun, is in this game and is town. I don't know who she is, I have no means of communicating with her. Really don't see any point in her claiming today.
She and I "share" an active ability where I can submit two names each Recess, and if she chooses either of them, they will be blocked from using Actives and Factionals.

It now makes sense to see I targetted Quilford and MattP, now Tammy, last night. I can not confirm which of them were blocked, if either, but I feel strongly enough on these chances to push them both. I felt that with the daily double mechanic we got today, I could simply strongly push for the two of them to be lynched without needing to claim. I still say we have one kill the other but that's my opinion based on my information.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 am

Quick questions AGar -

1. Your knowledge of Mrs. Scattamun is a Passive not Informational?
2. Who did you submit Night 1?
3. Please elaborate as much as you can - are you saying you submit two names and she recieves them from the Mod and can choose? Or does she also send in two names?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 am

Post by AGar »

1. Yes
2. Shinori and Llamarble
3. I submit two names to Hito. My wording is if she submits the same name(s), the person is blocked, so I'm assuming she submits two names on her own as well.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:11 am

So with AGar's claim does anyone calling me [insert perjorative here] about questioning Peta not being Mod-Confirmed Day want to re-assess their position?

Also - AGar probably should be offering his claimed Mod-Confirmed partner the two names he is going to choose each Night before lynch (unless disallowed via Mod directive) so that their roles can be more effectively used.

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Huh.

These powers are bonkers.

Unvote
;
vote: Tammy

If I'm reading AGar's claim right, that's a lot of weight to put on Tammy. I've felt strongly that Tammy is not Night-aligned, but it's hard to ignore the overwhelming evidence against this role slot as an anti-town one.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:27 am

Post by AGar »

I PMed the mod about claiming my two targets in thread before the night falls.

I wish for Mrs. Scattamun to remain unclaimed for the time being, I don't see the need to bring that out of the woodwork yet.

I will place the L-1 vote only when we have confirmation that Quilford will hammer Tammy. I do not want anything fucking this up and us only getting one of them (and possibly the wrong one) out of the lynch. She's at L-5 right now, and I'll be closely watching things to make sure this goes down properly.

Quilford, your ass better get in here soon.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:37 am

In post 1382, AGar wrote:I wish for Mrs. Scattamun to remain unclaimed for the time being, I don't see the need to bring that out of the woodwork yet.

Agreed.

Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Shmugen »

There is a lot of under the table dealing here. Pot calling kettle black here, but lots of people are hiding a lot of things. Magna won't fullclaim, Peta is telling me NOT to protect him, Flash seems to have something. I don't want Mrs. Scattamun to claim, but a lot could be cleared up if some people gave up their prideful plans.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:46 am

In post 1384, Shmugen wrote:Magna won't fullclaim

Why exactly should I claim any more than I already have Shmugen? I'd like a detailed answer. What about my character name and any other abilities I might or might not have would make you believe more or disbelieve the 1in3 Informed information that I full-claimed on Day 1?

Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Shmugen »

It has no bearing on the 1in3. It does have bearing on the arguments regarding protective power in the town and the slew of game setup speculation.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 am

In post 1386, Shmugen wrote:It has no bearing on the 1in3. It does have bearing on the arguments regarding protective power in the town and the slew of game setup speculation.

Other than possibly fishing to see if I had a protective role how does that help anything? Concrete points Shmugen!

Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:56 am

Post by Minimum »

WAIT A MINUTE.

I'm at work right now, so can't comment. But don't lynch yet. 1) I stopped being really suspicious of Tammy a few days ago, actually (I much prefer a Quilford lynch) 2) I have a STRONG gut scum read on MoI based on his play, the way he seems to be trying his hardest to prevent both the Tammy/Bella hammer plan and petapan from being cleared (and peta's still confirmed, because the guaranteed role is supposed to protect a target FROM active/factional abilties), and his refusal to nameclaim, and 3) if AGar blocked Llamarble, that means he didn't hide behind anyone! Why were there three deaths on N1?

P-edit: MoI, there is no reason whatsoever for you not to claim your CHARACTER. None. Zero. If you were someone like Finnegan Hob, you'd have been happy to claim so that we'd stop wasting our breath doubting you.

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:04 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1388, Minimum wrote:3) if AGar blocked Llamarble, that means he didn't hide behind anyone! Why were there three deaths on N1?

Because I'm only half of the equation. I chose Shinori and Llamarble on Night 1. If Mrs. Scattamun didn't select either of them, then neither was blocked.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:20 am

Minamum wrote: WAIT A MINUTE.

I'm at work right now, so can't comment. But don't lynch yet. 1) I stopped being really suspicious of Tammy a few days ago, actually (I much prefer a Quilford lynch) 2) I have a STRONG gut scum read on MoI based on his play, the way he seems to be trying his hardest to prevent both the Tammy/Bella hammer plan and petapan from being cleared (and peta's still confirmed,
because the guaranteed role is supposed to protect a target FROM active/factional abilities
), and his refusal to nameclaim, and 3) if AGar blocked Llamarble, that means he didn't hide behind anyone! Why were there three deaths on N1?

P-edit: MoI, there is no reason whatsoever for you not to claim your CHARACTER. None. Zero. If you were someone like Finnegan Hob, you'd have been happy to claim so that we'd stop wasting our breath doubting you.

Let’s address these points –

1. Being partial to a Quilford over a Tammy lynch when the other should be hammering is a pretty pointless thing to say.

2. Um, not the bolded is FLAT OUT WRONG and you throwing a shit-fit because of it makes me wonder if I should be re-considering my Town Minimum read. Let’s review for those with reading comprehension issues.

The Mod in Candy / Boe Role PM wrote:You also know that you have a guardian angel, although you don't know who. There exists in this game exactly one role aligned with Day that may, at least once, choose any target they like and
prevent factional abilities from working on them
. You do not know the exact details of this ability. There may be other roles that prevent factional abilities from working by other means.

I’ve taken the liberty of bolding the part you are screwing up.

Firstly it doesn’t say “Active / Factional” abilities. It only says Factional. That’s a pretty huge distinction and your glossing over it to white-knight on Peta is pretty bad.

Secondly do you think AGar is lying? Because his role claim is effectively a duplicate of Peta’s (both limited Jailkeeper roles). If you think he’s lying why are you voting me? If you don’t think he’s lying then it’s entirely possible Peta is lying or NEITHER ONE is the Mod confirmed role. In fact Peta’s pure insistence that he is Mod confirmed is part of the reason I’m skeptical. Honestly your vote either way is terrible and not very Day aligned in motive ... you should either be voting AGar (who you think is scum counter-claiming Mod Confirmed Peta) or Quilford (who you say you want to lynch and is one of the players AGar might have blocked).

3. Well the only way to answer this is to get ANOTHER claim from AGar’s claimed partner. Once you answer above whether you think AGar is lying I’ll address that implication.

As to claiming – you’ve been harping for me to FULL CLAIM, not name claim. So suddenly your “why aren’t you Character claiming” rings as Goal Post moving. And if you were actually paying attention you would already know who my character is. I’ve left enough allusions in thread since Day 1 that it’s not difficult to figure out.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:21 am

@AGar
- have you asked hito what would happen if you matched both names?

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

MoI: why haven't we seen a counterclaim on Peta yet?
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Flash »

MoI, you are wrong mostly not minimum (you got the active/factional thing right). You also seem to be confusing jailkeeper and roleblocker.

What exactly is the thought behind keeping Agars counterpart hidden?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:27 am

In post 1393, Flash wrote:What exactly is the thought behind keeping Agars counterpart hidden?

Well hmmmm ... WTF is this?

AGar dying as Town while keeping his partner from claiming means that just like Finnegon Hob (if Gamma ever flips Day) when AGar flips Day his partner is Mod Confirmed Day at mass-claim time and yet another PoE bomb for Night / Commexo.

What's the benefit to his partner claiming?

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 am

Post by chamber »

His partner claiming tells us which of the 2 was blocked if either, and we don't have time to dick around with everyone checking in to make sure that at least one of them was even blocked.
Taking a break from the site.
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 am

Post by Flash »

In post 1395, chamber wrote:His partner claiming tells us which of the 2 was blocked if either, and we don't have time to dick around with everyone checking in to make sure that at least one of them was even blocked.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1391, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@AGar
- have you asked hito what would happen if you matched both names?

I have not, however my role PM specifies that I won't find out if my ability triggers on any or all of my targets in a manner which leads me to believe we could successfully block both targets.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 am

In post 1396, Flash wrote:
In post 1395, chamber wrote:His partner claiming tells us which of the 2 was blocked if either, and we don't have time to dick around with everyone checking in to make sure that at least one of them was even blocked.

Not worth it today unless you either

A. Think AGar is lying (I don't I think he's Day due to relational tells)
B. You having a strong Town read on both Tammy / Quilford (I don't other than thinking Quil isn't Night)

If you want to pony up to either of those being the basis of your disagreement?

Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Flash »

C (and some amount of B)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”