Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 224, Om of the Nom wrote:I was nervous you weren't going to be around. The delay between my vote and yours made my heart pound at 50km/h.
I thought we agreed to keep up up the act. :mad:

Anyways, you had splitfarvle as your prime suspect at that point. I didn't. My jump on as second vote would have asked more questions.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Which is you know, why we wait for someone else to vote beforehand :P

I did say we should only keep up the act until a quickhammer opportunity occurs :P
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 225, Scigatt wrote:
In post 224, Om of the Nom wrote:I was nervous you weren't going to be around. The delay between my vote and yours made my heart pound at 50km/h.
I thought we agreed to keep up up the act. :mad:

Anyways, you had splitfarvle as your prime suspect at that point. I didn't. My jump on as second vote would have asked more questions.

EBWOP:
*raised more questions.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by IceGuy »

How hard is it to NOT FUCKING VOTE IN LYLO OUT OF THE BLUE?

GG scum. This is probably the first game I lost without making a single post before the game ended.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Lol.
This is my second scum win IIRC.
At least this time I didn't get my buddy lynched D1 :V
Also you did make a post lol.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 228, IceGuy wrote:How hard is it to NOT FUCKING VOTE IN LYLO OUT OF THE BLUE?

GG scum. This is probably the first game I lost without making a single post before the game ended.
Who was your suspected scum team?
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Post by IceGuy »

split/OmNom.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Lol.
You're the only town in LYLO who actually suspected me.

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 3.2

LYNCHED
funkybike1: The Shadow, Om of the Nom, Scigatt
L-3 IceGuy:
L-3 Scigatt:
L-3 Om of the Nom:
L-3 TheShadow:

Not voting: IceGuy, funkybike1

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline (expired on 2012-08-22 10:21:06)

The manager comes in, angrily pointing at a line in the contract. Line #14. But, the show must go on!

You watch as funkybike1 takes the stage. You didn't know he was British, but he pulls out a double-edged sword that's generally on display at the British Museum. In, out, you know the drill. Except he keeps going in and out, in and out... It's like he's thinking of something else.

Anyway, he eventually reaches the clima-- the high poin-- the highlight -- of his act, where he swallows the hilt as well. And then, once again, to wild applause, you retire to your rooms, expecting
funkybike1
to be dead in the morning, 'cause he sure ain't dead now.

Too bad for you, you don't see the morning to know. Well, three of you don't. Two of you, though, do see the next morning -- from the safety of a quick ride as far from the hotel as you can get.

And you're so grateful that you weren't chosen to perform, aren't you,
Scigatt and Om of the Nom?
After all, you're
Jealous Incompetents (mafia)
. If you had to perform, the flavor text would have been repulsive, as you sliced your own necks open -- from the inside!

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, it's pandemonium. Housecleaning's bitching about all the blood stains. The bellhop's looking around desperately for just one more moment to shine! And the manager and the cops are arguing with each other. The manager's trying to get the cops to go after the scum who got away, but the cops are ignoring him, looking at each other, and thinking they have their
own
problems...

Coming soon to a Micro Queue near you: Precinct Madness!
Last edited by saulres on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 am

Post by saulres »

QTs

Spoiler-free dead thread
Spoilered dead thread
Mafia QT

Night actions were pretty obvious.

Commentary coming later today.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:40 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Ooohhh, what was my scumslip?

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:18 am

Post by saulres »

@Om

In post 0, saulres wrote:If I happen to not be online but you know the game is over (for example, if scum get a quicklynch in during LyLo), please let me post the final scene before revealing the ending or otherwise discussing the game.

In scum QT 15, saulres wrote:Please do keep up the act. I put it in as one of my rules that I would like to reveal the ending when it happens. Thanks.

*shakes his fist at Om of the Nom*

I'll reveal your scumslip after I see
IceGuy
's reason for having you on the team -- I want to see if he picked up on it or had some other reason, since you were basically a townread for everyone all game long.

@TheShadow

In post 94, TheShadow wrote:You're lucky we have a newbie mod. Most games, claiming scum with someone even as a joke would be an instant modkill.

I don't know where you usually play, but that's not what I've seen here. Yes, I was all ready to modkill him (or force replace him and reboot the game, it was early enough) when I read the first line, then I read the second, laughed, and said "Obvious jokepost is jokepost". I did run it by Hoopla just to be sure and she agreed with me.

I think you lost the game for town pretty solidly. The quickhammer day 1 and quickvote Day 3 were both horrible plays.

@The replacements

Thank you so much for replacing in! I didn't expect to need replacements in such a small game, but your quick joining certainly made my life easier.

I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to contribute more due to the game ending so quickly.

@Everyone

Any feedback for me? As this was my first modded game, I'm particularly interested in what you did/did not like.
On permanent
V/LA
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Meh. I think you can't blame just shadow for losing. He had a large part, but the anti-townishness of myself and split can't be discounted.

I liked the flavour, personally.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 am

Post by IceGuy »

Actually, I didn't find any scumslips. I just thought his behavior around the joke claim was odd, #75 reeks of "called scum for the wrong reason", and he was a bit too quick to pile on TheShadow and his reason for unvoting him again was strange. Also, he attacked Scigatt for having three suspects (with two scum alive), which looked like a contrived reason he could later use to vote him, especially with him easing off funky/split.

TheShadow was superficially scummy but when ISOing him I got town VI vibes. Split looked like scum who just watches and does almost nothing while town destroys itself, and Scigatt was the most townie looking of the bunch.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:11 am

Post by saulres »

Okay, what I thought was a scumslip was 142.

In that post, he said "Kill it", referring to Siveure DtTrikyp. The post right above that was a VC, showing Siveure DtTrikyp at L-1. But Om wasn't on the wagon!

I couldn't come up with any reason for a townie saying "Kill this scum" but not hammering. But scum? Sure, they want to kill a townie but don't want the suspicion which comes with the hammer.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 am

Post by saulres »

BTW, Om if you were ever lynched, I was going to use your potatoness. Your sword-swallowing failure flavor would have been that you julienned yourself, and the next morning everyone would have had hash browns with their breakfast...
On permanent
V/LA
TheShadow
TheShadow
Goon
TheShadow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:09 am

Post by TheShadow »

I agree my own play was bad. I was not at my best in this game. Though Siv's self-hammer Day 2 was also bad.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:14 am

Post by saulres »

In post 241, TheShadow wrote:Siv's self-hammer Day 2 was also bad.

Agreed, but you can see in the spoilered dead thread that he didn't think he was actually doing it, because the hammer didn't follow the vote structure as outlined in the rules. Still, it looked like a vote to me, so it counted.
On permanent
V/LA
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 am

Post by funkybike1 »

gg
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

It was still very very dumb. Don't let the fact I diddn't mean to do it take that away.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Goon
TheShadow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 am

Post by TheShadow »

Also I have to say that I never suspected Om. Well played.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Oh Shadow, I'm so flattered~
This was actually a really great game for me, though I felt like I was getting away with too much. Had IceGuy been in the game longer, I probably would have been suspected by more people. It was great we cut it short then.
When you make a two-person quickhammer in LYLO, the scumteam is rather obvious by then. The "Postgame" discussion wasn't really that long anyway.
The reason I wasn't on Siv's wagon then was because I was waiting till the town was ready for a hammer. I was just expressing my want for his death at that time. It's something I would do as town or scum.

Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Thomas »

Well I'm not going to say scum played well. The problem was TheShadow's play. Maybe you think people will think you're so pro or something by quickhammering somebody who flips scum but when you do that, you risk doing that to one who is actually town aligned and then that happens, it really screws up the game. You screwed this game up. It's just not worth the risk. You couldn't have made it any easier for scum to win this one with the way you were playing.

In post 238, IceGuy wrote:and Scigatt was the most townie looking of the bunch.
Really? He should have come under more fire for his play style which reveals nothing about himself. If I was alive I sure would have attacked him for that.

I thought Siveure DtTrikyp was quite obvious town in some way and I was gonna say I don't know why he was lynched but then I remembered he hammered himself. This was one screwed up game...
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Wow, you sound really butthurt.
Scum did play well, since we were not really suspected by anyone.

Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Thomas »

That's because TheShadow took attention off the scum and brought it upon himself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”