NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:43 am

Post by Tierce »

Exactly.
In post 745, Tierce wrote:That said, why would Staeg-scum announce a block on me and not on another of the VT claims? That makes little sense and I think he would have gone over it with his remaining buddy(ies).
It's stupid? Yes. Does it speak of scum mentality? No. Staeg-scum would still have buddies who would grill him on this night action claim-choice last night, so he wouldn't claim something this ridiculous.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah, we're on the same page. I just woke up from a nap and failed at reading comprehension and thought you were calling Staeg scum for a minute.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

i honestly don't care if we lynch derp play at the moment, i'd rather have the info free-flowing when it matters than dealing with a group of people that'll be like getting blood from a stone that may or may not be scum

there's a bit of an assumption that since stag claimed roleblocker he must be a roleblocker
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Tierce »

If he's not a roleblocker, he's scum--there is very little benefit for town to fakeclaim on a D1 massclaim, and Staeg isn't really one to gambit AFAIK, so he'd be unlikely to be fakeclaiming town. And again, if he's fakeclaiming scum, the claimed block on me makes absolutely no sense--regardless of whether or not he blocked me, claiming it would be too stupid to come from scum.

No matter how I look at it, I see town roleblocker Staeg and nothing else.

Seriously, if you want evidence of Stag being a derp (and somewhat dead weight), go read Weather Mafia II.

It's evident the slot is town; just ignore it and
move on
. Stop grumping about it. There's no need to push Staeg. Yeah, it sucks that we have two slots that are clear/proven town that won't pull their weight, but just cross them off your list and move on. Let them be a problem for scum, who have to choose whether to kill lazy obvtown or people who are actually trying to root out scum. We have a great start, don't go about stupid policy lynches on D3.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 877, JDodge wrote:i honestly don't care if we lynch derp play at the moment, i'd rather have the info free-flowing when it matters than dealing with a group of people that'll be like getting blood from a stone that may or may not be scum

there's a bit of an assumption that since stag claimed roleblocker he must be a roleblocker

A powerless scumbag claiming to be a roleblocker relatively early in a massclaim?

Yeah, he can be expected to prove himself at some point or another. Maybe if Stag were one of the LAST people to claim, I'd agree with you.

But claiming to be able to block without anybody on his team being able to block? That is putting a (potentially VERY short) clock on one's own life.

Sorry, JD. Not buying it. Go witch hunt somewhere else. Stag aint getting lynched in this game.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by scooby »

I admit I havent read as much as I wanted, but fuck it, I cant be that wrong

1. Hoopla rep. McStab D1, rep. umoms D1 : SOLID TOWN READ FROM UMOMS EARLY PLAY, NEVAR LYNCH
2. Glork PARANOIA ALL OVER THE WAY, DUNNO WHAT TO THINK,
3. Quagmire FUCKING TOWN, ETC
4. Tierce GOT LUCKY WITH INNOCENT RESULT IF SHE IS GODFATHER.. MMM, YOU SHOULD PROB LYNCH HER IN CASE SHE DOESNT DIE
6. Bella - Innocent Child LOL
7. Rhinox SCUM DIESCUM DIE SCUM DIE

VOTE: RHINOX

11. AGar MMM, IM GOING TO SAY TOWN FOR NOW.. LET ME ISO AND BRB
12. Staeg TOO STUPID TO BE SCUM, YES I JUST MADE A FALLACY, I REALLY DOUBT SCUM STAEG WOULD PLAY THAT BAD
13. bv310 rep. Thestatusquo D1 SOLID TOWN READ FROM TSQ EARLY PLAY, VOTING SINGER AND NHAMMEN D1
14. redFF SOLID TOWN READ AS WELL
16. Simenon DIESCUMDIE SUCKDIE SCUM DIE
18. Flameaxe SHOULD PROB BE LYNCHED BEFORE LYLO... ITS LIKE HE IS USEFUL ENOUGH TO NOT BE SUSPECTED BUT YOU CANT TRICK ME, AXE OF FLAME
19. JDodge TOWN
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by scooby »

This is where things get interesting:
red are confirmed scum
green are town reads or confirmed towns
non color are null reads that could be scum

umoms: 8 (
Staeg, iamausername
, Rhinox,
nhammen
redFF, Quilford
, Glork, Tierce)
nhammen: 3 (JDodge, Simenon, AGar)
Thestatusquo: 2 (Untrod Tripod, Bella)
Tierce: 1 (scooby)
AGar: 1 (Primate)
Quagmire: 1 (Flameaxe)
Bella: 1 (Thestatusquo)
Rhinox: 1 (umoms)
Not Voting: 1 (Quagmire)

So here basically Im assuming umoms is town BECAUSE SERIOUSLY ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE SHOULD DIAF.... ok regardleess of alignment the scum on his wagon are prob Rhinox, maybe Glork, maybe Tierce.

The incipient nhammen wagon prob has one busser here. Im thinking Sim here becasuse I jsut reread and Agar looks town.

umoms: 6 (
Staeg, iamausername
, Rhinox,
nhammen,
Glork, Tierce)
nhammen: 5 (
JDodge
, Simenon,
AGar, Primate, redFF
)
Tierce: 3 (scooby, Thestatusquo, Quagmire)
Thestatusquo: 2 (Untrod Tripod, Bella)
Rhinox: 2 (umoms, Quilford)
redFF: 1 (Flameaxe)

Look at the transference. I think at this point scum are not ready to bus because THERE IS ALREADY ONE SCUM IN THE BUS WAGON.... mmm, yeah Simenon is scum here. There is also less probabilities of Rhinox being scum with Glork because 3 scum in a wagon is sketchy as fucjk... so yeah Id say one of Glork and Rgynox is scum

Competing scumwagonbs is also nice and dandy because OBV OBV there is prob one scum in each wagon BESIDES THE BUSSER

singersigner: 6 (
JDodge
nhammen
Staeg
, Flameaxe, Simenon,
bv310
)
nhammen: 6 (
Primate
iamausername
, Rhinox,
redFF
singersigner
Quilford
)

yep lycnh Sim and Rhynox, if not gg, lynch Flame and Glork

FYCKING GG
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by AGar »

Scooby, are you reading this game?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 am

Post by Quagmire »

scooby's posting makes me lol, and in the good way where it's legitimately funny and NOT in the condescending way where I'd pretend they're terrible
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 am

Post by Quagmire »

Although his last 2 posts are +++ scumpoints. Posting d1-analysis and then a vote on a competing wagon with a little momentum.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:21 am

Post by Quagmire »

Can we get a votecount please? So I can urge the people who are voting for scooby to instead vote for Rhinox?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:03 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch

scooby: 4 (Glork, Tierce, Hoopla, Simenon)
Rhinox: 4 (Quagmire, redFF, AGar, scooby)
Staeg: 3 (Bella, JDodge, Flameaxe)
Tierce: 1 (Rhinox)
Quagmire: 1 (Staeg)

Not Voting: 1 (bv310)

Current Deadline:
Saturday August 25th, 10 PM EST

Activity rule offenders are being poked with the proddin' stick.
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 am

Post by scooby »

In post 882, AGar wrote:Scooby, are you reading this game?

Are you suggesting there is something wrong with my post?
Come st me bro instead of pretending to be clever
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:57 am

Post by scooby »

In post 884, Quagmire wrote:Although his last 2 posts are +++ scumpoints. Posting d1-analysis and then a vote on a competing wagon with a little momentum.

Well fuck you because I've been suspecting rhinos since day 1
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 888, scooby wrote:
In post 884, Quagmire wrote:Although his last 2 posts are +++ scumpoints. Posting d1-analysis and then a vote on a competing wagon with a little momentum.

Well fuck you because I've been suspecting rhinos since day 1
Do you really think that consistency is going to save you after I flip town?

In post 823, Hoopla wrote:bv got a result on Tierce - so that rules out everything you mentioned there except unrecruited Traitor.
I didn't actually realize there was a difference between a no gun result and no result. So fine I guess I concede that maybe its not that likely.

unvote

In post 827, AGar wrote:- The claim is pretty much a safe-claim for scum that gets him out of the vanilla pool since the only way to disprove it is making him dead.
but I already had the neighbor claim why would I need to one-up that with something else additional?

- The umoms vote is pretty much a terrible piece of posting and put him in a bad light early on. Then the whole "hammer umoms!" deal because umoms 'failed a reaction test' (hint: umoms reaction was pretty much 100% town).
I still think umoms was scummy, but hoopla is pretty town. The whole "hammer umoms!" deal was tierce's quote by the way, but I guess it doesn't matter if your facts are straight as long as you ram my lynch through

- The half-claim and then voting Glork deal was bad. Not because Glork was his neighbor, but because what the fuck do you expect to happen in a massclaim when you don't fully claim? Votes will be applied. Terrible retaliatory vote there.
I don't think the half-claim was bad, but what I should have probably done was not say anything at all. For you to say its bad, you're assuming its a fake claim. You don't even bother realizing that it makes sense why I would not want to claim that part of my role seeing that its, you know, real. And I still don't get why half-claiming is bad but refusing to claim at all is no big deal

- D1 he'd rather lynch Singer over Nham. D2, when a guilty is in play, he'd rather not lynch Singer and instead question the guilty.
this is such a misrep and I've already been through it with flameaxe

- Distracts himself from posting real shit to get into a fight over whether fake V/LAs are ethical or not. Not even touching that with a 20 foot pole other than this is time wasted posting non-content.
Thanks Tierce :roll:

- Jumps on the lazy scooby wagon, showing no real effort to give any fucks about who is lynched today (If Rhinox is scum, scooby is pretty much guaranteed town).
well pretty much all I have to go on today is sorting through the idiots trying to lynch more for crap reasons today and scooby is the one who has been doing it with the least substantiation and just pushing his lines without actually taking anything thats happened into consideration. And his nham vote fits as late on the wagon bussing partner.

In post 861, AGar wrote:Rhinox's claim: How do you prove it? Have Mafia shoot him. But Mafia aren't going to shoot someone they can't kill. So he can't prove it. Which leads to the whole "This claim is really really odd and I don't like it at all."

"The claim is odd because its unprovable therefore it must be scum"

really?

In post 861, AGar wrote:I can understand the theory there, but he was willing to vote her on Day 1. And then "LOL U GAMBITZ COP" doesn't make sense in the context of him alone.
Right cuz its not like there isn't a whole game full of players giving context. I'm obviously playing this game in a vacuum.

The moment nham flipped scum I figured I was wrong about singer even though I thought she was scummy, because of being the counterwagon. Glork can confirm that thats pretty much what I said about it in our QT N1. Then D2 starts and there's the guilty and like half the town questioning it. Its not like I was all "no I don't buy it its probably a gambit" like you're saying, I just said I was waiting for confirmation that no shenanigans were going on since so many ppl were questioning it. As soon as psyche confirmed he wasn't messing around I was ready to vote like I said in thread but my vote would have been hammer and it was only 24hrs into the day and there was still discussion going on and a few people had asked for no hammer until they had time to give some input.

I really don't see at all how that equates to me not wanting to lynch singer, let alone what would possess me as scum to think that not wanting lynching singer with a guilty (that I'd have no reason to question as scum) in play would even be remotely smart play.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

Can we just get on with lynching scooby? He's gotta die at some point, so we might as well do it now. I don't see the point in fluffing around and trying to secure the optimal lynch each day, when we should have a clear set of lynch candidates that we need to cycle through before lylo.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Glork »

Fwiw I can back up Rhinox's discussion about singer-suspicion after the Nham lynch, and what we talked about in QT N1. We both agreed that the singer counter wagon was probably on a protown player and tried to find who was pushing singer while poo-pooing the nham wagon.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:25 am

Post by Glork »

Also, I'm having second thoughts on JD. His "RAWR BE ACTIVE AND DO WORK" crusade is getting to the point where I feel like he's been no less helpful to
actual scumhunting
than some of the people he is calling out. Whining and bitching about Izzy, me, et al has made for a great smokescreen of not actually trying to push a lynch on his prime scum suspects.

Maybe it's just paranoia. But it's been bothering me since yesterday when I started paying attention to the game again.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by bv310 »

/prodded. Read through the ISOs of the major two wagons. Scooby is scummier.
vote: Scooby

For reasoning, I'd like to point at basically everything from before his ISO 36/37.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 893, bv310 wrote:/prodded. Read through the ISOs of the major two wagons. Scooby is scummier.
vote: Scooby

For reasoning, I'd like to point at basically everything from before his ISO 36/37.

In other news:

"You read, vote. If we want reasoning look at his posts."

I don't think you're doing the trying harder thing right by posting possibly the laziest thing beyond just the word 'prod-dodge'.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 892, Glork wrote:Also, I'm having second thoughts on JD. His "RAWR BE ACTIVE AND DO WORK" crusade is getting to the point where I feel like he's been no less helpful to
actual scumhunting
than some of the people he is calling out. Whining and bitching about Izzy, me, et al has made for a great smokescreen of not actually trying to push a lynch on his prime scum suspects.

Maybe it's just paranoia. But it's been bothering me since yesterday when I started paying attention to the game again.

I'll be the first to say I'm playing like shit right now. I'm pissed off at most of the people in this game, I don't have any solid reads because I feel like the people who are actually contributing at the moment are town, and I feel like my decisions are starting to be based more on getting rid of people I just don't want to deal with the fucking idiocy of any longer. I've also been suffering really, really fucking awful headaches on and off over the past week and a half or so - it's easy for me to be angry with people for not posting and harder to scumhunt when it hurts to actually think - and that is also affecting me.

I wouldn't even necessarily say that my prime scum suspects are entirely suspicious because they
aren't playing the fucking game
. I'd almost go as far to say that I'm practically just going off of the lynch all lurkers idea right now - we have mislynches and despite what Tierce says about it being day 3, we have plenty of room for policy cleanup at this stage.

Bev, that's your first post since Monday, which was essentially you just saying you were prod-dodging. Step the fuck up or ask for a replacement if you're too busy, because I believe you're town too solidly to want to just lynch you for it.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by JDodge »

And don't you dare for a second say that I'm bitching and not pushing my prime suspects. You were right up until she flipped more ready to believe our fucking cop was lying than believe me when I said UT/singer was scum from day fucking one.
stream

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Bella »

In post 892, Glork wrote:Also, I'm having second thoughts on JD. His "RAWR BE ACTIVE AND DO WORK" crusade is getting to the point where I feel like he's been no less helpful to
actual scumhunting

It's paranoia.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:04 am

Post by Bella »

In post 846, JDodge wrote:
In post 845, Bella wrote:This is way consistent with Stagscum, too, on top of all the other things that make him worth lynching.

Explain

Ongoing games, so no specifics. Scatterbrained Stag forgetting things from the game is very consistent with Scum Stag making things up quickly on the spot without fully thinking it through.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 am

Post by AGar »

In post 887, scooby wrote:
In post 882, AGar wrote:Scooby, are you reading this game?

Are you suggesting there is something wrong with my post?
Come st me bro instead of pretending to be clever

Question: Were the names in orange supposed to be, say, green in your VCA? This could rescind my question.

In post 891, Glork wrote:Fwiw I can back up Rhinox's discussion about singer-suspicion after the Nham lynch, and what we talked about in QT N1. We both agreed that the singer counter wagon was probably on a protown player and tried to find who was pushing singer while poo-pooing the nham wagon.

This is notable.

But that's but a small piece of the pie, and I'd much rather see Rhinox die than Scooby, still.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”