Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

No rapid and Whiskers you guys are silly, you need to pick someone else to claim next.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
realgodfather
realgodfather
Townie
realgodfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by realgodfather »

rapidcanyon is mafia.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

VOTE: Realgodfather
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Also RGF is Rapid's buddy btw.

realgodfather
realgodfather
Townie
realgodfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by realgodfather »

Dumb. Dumb read.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I assume that by 'Dumb' you mean 'Correct', right?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Sorry--
To the guy who actually doesn't know what's going on:
We picked Om at random. We don't have good reasons. I picked Om because he already had one vote on him and I played a cool game with him recently. Om picked Om because there were already two votes on him and he likes bandwagons, and he's silly, and he's confident enough that he won't get lynched immediately to vote himself "no sweat bro."
It could be anypony, or, truth be told, we could have had no bandwagons until around page 5 or so.
But, we do, so lets look for reactions and scummy scum.
[/IC]
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Eidolon »

In post 20, rapidcanyon wrote:I am assuming there is no question of character/role claiming since we are all vanillas and the mafia will claim to be vanillas as well. I am used to playing mafia on debate.org where we have plenty of character/role claims. I am somewhat new to this site (my first game here) but I am not new to mafia.

What is the reason for voting any particular person here? It is not like they will claim. I don't believe the chosen townies are told that they are chosen either. Only the mafia know this. I wonder if the mafia started off pressuring a chosen townie in order to get them lynched since the only way to get rid of a chosen townie is to lynch one of them.

Also, I am well acquianted with Eidolon. I would love to hear her input.

RVS (random vote stage) is SOP here. Just vote people at the beginning to get reactions and get discussions going. Behavior is the main focus here, and the reason people get lynched. They also always vote on day 1 here.

Btw, I can read this guy like a book :)
realgodfather
realgodfather
Townie
realgodfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by realgodfather »

In post 30, Om of the Nom wrote:I assume that by 'Dumb' you mean 'Correct', right?

Not really, no. Your reaction test sucks.

VOTE: rapidcanyon
Mortontfrh
Mortontfrh
Goon
Mortontfrh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by Mortontfrh »

Vote Count 1.02

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Rapidcanyon (2): Eidolon, Realgodfather
Realgodfather (2): Greywing, Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom (1): Whiskers
Whiskers (1): Paschendale

Not Voting: crypto, McStab, Rapidcanyon

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-09-01 17:14:00)
realgodfather
realgodfather
Townie
realgodfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by realgodfather »

Thank you for being an attentive and gracious game mod.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Real GF, why do you think I am mafia?

Also, Eidolon, I already claimed. Why are still voting for me?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Guys you should all vote RGF.
Like seriously, he'd rather discredit me because I have a scumread on him than build a case against the person he's voting.

rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Om of the Nom, why do you think Real GF is my "buddy" when he voted for me?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Gut, bro.
I'll make up reasons later if you want me to, but right now it's just gut.

realgodfather
realgodfather
Townie
realgodfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by realgodfather »

In post 36, rapidcanyon wrote:Real GF, why do you think I am mafia?

It's a very rough read. The attempt to generate discussion over meaningless phases of the game like RVS is a move that scum often makes. A common belief in mafia games is that (talkative and content-filled) is towny, but if you push this too early on it looks completely ungenuine.

Om of the Nom wrote:Guys you should all vote RGF.
Like seriously, he'd rather discredit me because I have a scumread on him than build a case against the person he's voting.

No. Never attempted to discredit you, just commented on your read. A case will not form until later on in the game. It's far too early to have a substantive case, and you know that as an experienced mafia player.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by Eidolon »

@ Om. What? Your whole case on him is reliant on someone else being scum.

@Rapidcanyon. ??? You just said yourself claims don't matter cause we all will claim VT. I explained the rest to you. RVS to get discussion going, behavior is the most important and i can read you well. Why do you ask me a question with a precursor that you already know the answer to?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 40, realgodfather wrote:No. Never attempted to discredit you, just commented on your read. A case will not form until later on in the game. It's far too early to have a substantive case, and you know that as an experienced mafia player.

Really, you didn't discredit me eh? Despite you know, how you said my read on you is dumb, and also that my 'reaction test' was bad. Yep, I totally agree with you that you aren't discrediting at all.
I know as an experienced mafia player that it's quite possible to catch scum and have great cases just barely into RVS. In my Newbie game I had caught and voted scum on my first post and was able to produce a substantial case on them. Though tbh there was an in-thread confirmation phase so it's not the best comparison but w/e.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Which case is based on someone being scum? Isn't that technically what a case is to begin with?

rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Real GF, If you see my posts, you'll see that most of my questions were genuine and an attempt to understand a style of play that I haven't played before. I am also trying to make connections with an environment I know so I feel more comfortable. You are essentially saying that since I am acting how town often acts, I am mafia. This can turn into an endless WIFOM cycle. Mafia lurks but town talks. So, mafia talks in order to seem town. But then, once people think that players who are talking are mafia, mafia will lurk again. There is no set policy. You could twist it any way you want.

Eidolon, yes claims don't matter. So, why did you vote me in the first place? I assumed it was a joke/non-serious vote just to make me say that I am town and to promote activity.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Eidolon wrote:@Rapidcanyon. ??? You just said yourself claims don't matter cause we all will claim VT. I explained the rest to you. RVS to get discussion going, behavior is the most important and i can read you well. Why do you ask me a question with a precursor that you already know the answer to?
Because scum.
Eidolon, I'm glad to hear that you can read him like a book however: I will not be blindly following you on any "he's town" posts. You've still got to build a case (when the time comes.)

Om of the Nom wrote:Which case is based on someone being scum? Isn't that technically what a case is to begin with?
She means: you're using an associative tell when said associate hasn't flipped and certainly hasn't flipped scum.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

How is it an associative tell? If it's about the RGF case, then it doesn't rely on anyone flipping scum, if it's my Rapid 'case' (if you can call it that) then it isn't even a case to begin with and it's just a gut feeling.

realgodfather
realgodfather
Townie
realgodfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by realgodfather »

In post 42, Om of the Nom wrote:
Really, you didn't discredit me eh? Despite you know, how you said my read on you is dumb, and also that my 'reaction test' was bad. Yep, I totally agree with you that you aren't discrediting at all.
I know as an experienced mafia player that it's quite possible to catch scum and have great cases just barely into RVS. In my Newbie game I had caught and voted scum on my first post and was able to produce a substantial case on them. Though tbh there was an in-thread confirmation phase so it's not the best comparison but w/e.

Thank you for agreeing with me on my first point. Hopefully we can see eye-to-eye in a moment.

While your impulsive and gut-driven playstyle might work a few times, it isn't one of the best ways to play this game. Mafia involves a deeper level of critical thought and concentration than pushing on early gut reads, especially when you play the game on a forum. I urge you to let the game flow its course for a while and take a second look, later -- that's what I'm about to do. I think you'll find that your game will improve exponentially if you do this.

If you don't improve your so-far-slipshod play by tomorrow night, I will lead a lynch on you. That doesn't sound too unreasonable, does it?

rapidcanyon wrote:Real GF, If you see my posts, you'll see that most of my questions were genuine and an attempt to understand a style of play that I haven't played before. I am also trying to make connections with an environment I know so I feel more comfortable. You are essentially saying that since I am acting how town often acts, I am mafia. This can turn into an endless WIFOM cycle. Mafia lurks but town talks. So, mafia talks in order to seem town. But then, once people think that players who are talking are mafia, mafia will lurk again. There is no set policy. You could twist it any way you want.

Awesome.

Unvote
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Om of the Nom, if you don't provide reasoning why I am mafia and simply say that it is your "gut," all I can tell you is that your wrong about me because I am town.

Whiskers, I find it odd that you reply to Eidolon by saying that I am scum but you respond to her post that she can read me by saying that you won't buy it if she says that I am town. Why so selective?

Vote: Whiskers
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Wow, RGF is hilariously misinformed on both how I play (and how successful I am at it) and also how mafia is actually played.
My earlygame gut reads are superspecial awesome and I find that they almost always end up flipping scum. My gut is the best thing ever, and I am basically always correct on the last scum in an LYLO if I use it. My logic is nowhere near as good as my gut, and it frequently causes me to get on the wrong track and and up on a mislynch.
So frankly, if you wanna keep telling me to start sucking more in this game instead of playing to my best abilities, feel free to do so, I won't change just because you would lynch me for it. Frankly, that's a bullshit reason to lynch anyway.

Don't worry Rapid, I wasn't expecting you to defend anyway.

Return to “Completed Open Games”