Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 48, Paschendale wrote:Interesting that Melmond joined in the weird triangle/circle talk.

Like I said, I was making a funny about it. :P
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Lupo »

In post 49, Kublai Khan wrote:Hellhound1 needs more votes.

Why? His vote was clear to me.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ginger
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

You so funny.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 39, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 30, Cheery Dog wrote:All that pieceofpecanpie has done is claim miller, and as far as I see, doing that would most likely be something only a miller would do, thus rendering him in fact town.

I've fakeclaimed miller as scum.

Why didn't you answer my questions from .

How do you have questions in someone elses post? and what questions haven't I answered from that post?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
basketballstar24
basketballstar24
Goon
basketballstar24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 am

Post by basketballstar24 »

In post 26, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 25, triangle123 wrote:
Cheery Dog wrote:It's RVS, any read gained at this stage is temporary, I have no idea if it's going to move into a full scum read or change into a town read. It being a very weak read means that I don't trust it. I'm sorry if me explaining the full level of a read thus far as confused you.

How do you see his preference for circles over triangles to be related to his alignment enough to be translated into any level of a read? Why did you avoid participating in RVS in your first post of the game?

My first post didn't need a vote, The only post that struck me as needing anything done was FUT's post, which from reading his posts elsewhere on the site (ongoings) told me was because he wasn't used this site's style of play. I didn't feel this was worthy a vote.

Basketballstar's reasoning of the preference for circles just confused me as there is no real angle in a circle, since there is only the one line. To put the analogy in complicatedness; he must be wanting all of us connected and be attacking each other while getting nowhere. If it were a triangle, there would most likely be three sides attacking each other for the advantage.
I believe that as town, being laid out as a triangle formation will serve us better.

As many people have said, how could you scum read from an RVS vote that was reasonable? Because you liked triangles better? I could go into a rant of how circles are better than triangles but this is not the place to do it, as you should not scum read from this little RVS vote. Just a summary.

So from the quote (bottom), please explain how the circle is a line. It's a 360 degree arc. There is no part you can cut from and transform it into a line. [sarc]And OMG, your analysis is so good that we all believe you now.[/sarc]
Infected!
Jailkeeper, Gatekeeper, Realmkeeper
-bbstar24 :D
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:48 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 54, basketballstar24 wrote:

As many people have said, how could you scum read from an RVS vote that was reasonable? Because you liked triangles better? I could go into a rant of how circles are better than triangles but this is not the place to do it, as you should not scum read from this little RVS vote. Just a summary.

So from the quote (bottom), please explain how the circle is a line. It's a 360 degree arc. There is no part you can cut from and transform it into a line. [sarc]And OMG, your analysis is so good that we all believe you now.[/sarc]

Curved lines are still lines, I never said it was a straight line.
If I were to draw half a shape and then lift my pencil off the paper, a circle would be much harder to continue drawing perfectly (unless it's via trace around a round object, but that's a boring way for drawing shapes even if it does mean it's more perfect), a triangle would be easy to get back to since it can be made of 3 lines. This means that the best circle would be made with one continuous line whereas all the shapes that do use straight lines (and have corners) can be made with taking a pencil off the paper.

Reads are developed from whatever information we have available, in your case, my read has come from you preferring the angles of a circle over a triangle, while I believe a circle to not have any exact angles because it has no corners. This is therefore a factual error and I consider those scummy.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

In post 55, Cheery Dog wrote:

If I were to draw half a shape and then lift my pencil off the paper, a circle would be much harder to continue drawing perfectly (unless it's via trace around a round object, but that's a boring way for drawing shapes even if it does mean it's more perfect), a triangle would be easy to get back to since it can be made of 3 lines. This means that the best circle would be made with one continuous line whereas all the shapes that do use straight lines (and have corners) can be made with taking a pencil off the paper.

Reads are developed from whatever information we have available, in your case, my read has come from you preferring the angles of a circle over a triangle, while I believe a circle to not have any exact angles because it has no corners. This is therefore a factual error and I consider those scummy.

Still going on about this..?
If you're gonna go on about this the whole game I think you're an excellent first lynch.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

When someone else is willing to produce content other than talking about my current scumread of basketballstar, I'll be happy to change topics, but while people are still asking for information about it, I will continue to talk about it, I'm not one to just ignore a question that has been supplied to me.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:43 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 51, Lupo wrote:
In post 49, Kublai Khan wrote:Hellhound1 needs more votes.

Why? His vote was clear to me.

Hmph. I was going to explain why it wasn't, then I finally understood what he (Hellhound1) meant. I thought he was giving me a different explanation, but he was actually answering my question. Whoops.

unvote
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 am

Post by triangle123 »

Melmond's posts strike me as somewhat scummy as it's page 3, he has four posts, and none of them directly pertain to the game. Melmond, who do you think is scum?

CD, we now have three pages of content to work with. Do you have any reads that don't derive from geometric psychology?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 59, triangle123 wrote:
CD, we now have three pages of content to work with. Do you have any reads that don't derive from geometric psychology?

There's slight scum tingles from pappums rat, FUT and Kublai Khan. Basketballstar24 still has the very weak scumread and no longer fully based on geometric psychology, but it's yet to increase in it's intensity.
and town vibes from you (which have nothing to do with your name), Paschendale, Idiotking and pieceofpecanpie.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:27 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Vote Count 1.02

Cheery Dog (3) - Hellhound1, triangle123, pappums rat
pappums rat (2) - pieceofpecanpie, Idiotking
Kublai Khan (2) - Nobody Special, Lupo
Nobody Special (1) - Paschendale
basketballstar24 (1) - Cheery Dog
pieceofpecanpie (1) - Melmond
triangle123 (1) - basketballstar24

Not Voting (2) - FUT, Kublai Khan

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline

~12 days and 12 hours
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Take a look at FUT's posts everyone and tell me something.

Sure he comes from a different site, so we can look beyond the odd opening about roleclaiming and the mention of jester within a normal game.

But tell me, is there any site where you would normally answer on behalf of someone when they are being treated with some degree of suspicion?

I'm referring to FUT's #42:
FUT wrote:I have doubts cheery dog is actually scum. He is Jester at best. His posts don't seem indicative of something mafia would do, TBH.

This came immediately after collective "WTF" posts from Lupo, Paschendale, pappums rat, triangle and Hellhound directed
at
Cheery Dog.

I have no idea why FUT would come in to answer on behalf of Cheery Dog, or at the very least spring to his defence with no validating reasons for doing so.

Can I assume that his unfamiliarity with mafia on this site extends to not being aware that defending your scumbuddies openly highlights the both of you?

Idiotking was right on the money, and I want an answer.
In post 45, Idiotking wrote:
In post 42, FUT wrote:I have doubts cheery dog is actually scum. He is Jester at best. His posts don't seem indicative of something mafia would do, TBH.

Why? As pappums rat has said, Cheery claimed a minor scum read for something that means nothing at all. That led to a stupid argument about the nature of circles and triangles. I personally don't see it as a tell either way, just an annoying distraction, but you seem to indicate that it means that Cheery is somehow not scum. What would lead you to that conclusion?
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Nice catch, pecanpie. I'll wait for an answer before I vote.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 59, triangle123 wrote:Melmond, who do you think is scum?

There's a few things in mind:
1. I don't like Cheery Dog's post where he says that pecanpies claim is likely only something a miller would do, because scum would definitely do it too, an easy way to get past cops...
2. We should keep an eye out for pieceofpecanpie, because of his miller claim, I haven't really seen anything yet, but let's all keep a watch out. He did claim after his first post, and after Cheery dog said something about only a few claims being in the towns favor this early in the game. Maybe this gave him the idea.
3. Nobody Special hasn't said much, and it looks like he's readying himself to sheep pecanpie.

@NS: How do you feel about whats happened in the game so far?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Idiotking »

So I can tell for sure, pecanpie, was your miller claim a joke or serious?
FUT
FUT
Townie
FUT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:24 am

Post by FUT »

Hold the phone. I am getting FOS'ed because I said I honestly don't think Cheerydog is scum? In the exact same that you were replying to, you said yourself that he didn't either. I am not defending him, but I don't think He is worthy of my vote. I don't have a scum read on him TBH, and it seems like the bandwagon on him accrued WAY too quickly for my liking. I never said that I knew cheery dog was scum with 100% accuracy. You put those words in my mouth. I don't feel like his posts are Indicative of him being mafia.

So, coming from someone who investigates guilty, I would say you are looking pretty scummy right now on top of that claim (I naturally have a hard time believing miller claims) for trying to re-direct pressure onto someone else, over practically nothing.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

2. We should keep an eye out for pieceofpecanpie, because of his miller claim, I haven't really seen anything yet, but let's all keep a watch out. He did claim after his first post, and after Cheery dog said something about only a few claims being in the towns favor this early in the game. Maybe this gave him the idea.

Its usually best practice for a miller to claim straight away, so if he's investigated he isnt accidentally lynched.
Then again, scum can do it to make them look innocent, theres no real way of telling from his claim.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Idiotking »

In post 66, FUT wrote:Hold the phone. I am getting FOS'ed because I said I honestly don't think Cheerydog is scum? In the exact same that you were replying to, you said yourself that he didn't either. I am not defending him, but I don't think He is worthy of my vote. I don't have a scum read on him TBH, and it seems like the bandwagon on him accrued WAY too quickly for my liking. I never said that I knew cheery dog was scum with 100% accuracy. You put those words in my mouth. I don't feel like his posts are Indicative of him being mafia.

There is a clear difference between saying that you don't have a scum read on someone and saying that you don't think they are mafia. One allows for a neutral read, the other is necessarily a town or third party read (given that this is a mini, almost certainly town). You have twice indicated that you have a town read (or "not scum" read) on Cheery. Once in the above quote, and in your earlier one:

In post 42, FUT wrote:I have doubts cheery dog is actually scum. He is Jester at best. His posts don't seem indicative of something mafia would do, TBH.

I'm asking you why you have a town read instead of a neutral read. All Cheery did up to this point was talk about circles and triangles, which has nothing at all to do with reads one way or the other. So why town?
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Why doesnt this guy have more votes? Seriously? He is making a huge mountain out of a molehill in accusing him of a "factual error" due to some fucked up shit about shapes. He is clearly grasping for straws.

In post 60, Cheery Dog wrote:...There's slight scum tingles from pappums rat...

LOLOMGUS and why dont you explain your scumreads (or townreads for that matter)?

pecanpie's #62 is good.

Melmond, what do you think of Cheery Dog and his "circles vs triangles" argument?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 69, pappums rat wrote:Melmond, what do you think of Cheery Dog and his "circles vs triangles" argument?

I think it's pretty fucked up. At first I thought he was just messing around, but he just keeps on with this geometry crap... Even though he said he would stop if there was other content. And there's plenty of other stuff to talk about now.
also, this post:
Cheery Dog wrote:

There's slight scum tingles from pappums rat, FUT and Kublai Khan. Basketballstar24 still has the very weak scumread and no longer fully based on geometric psychology, but it's yet to increase in it's intensity.
and town vibes from you (which have nothing to do with your name), Paschendale, Idiotking and pieceofpecanpie.

@Cheery Dog: How is BBstar24 no longer fully based on geometry? And I'd also like to know how you've come up with these reads...
unvote

VOTE: Cheery Dog
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by Lupo »

Sigh...this is your warning. 1 more post about shapes or anything stupid and I'm voting you.

Also,
UNVOTE:
I don't feel like staying on my RVS vote at this stage is needed. And I don't have any outstanding scum reads other than CD and I'll give him one more chance
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ginger
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 65, Idiotking wrote:So I can tell for sure, pecanpie, was your miller claim a joke or serious?

My Miller claim is 100% serious.

I will do what I can for town, and if scum leave me alone for some reason then town can policy lynch me before LYLO or something similar develops. Just don't waste time investigating me.

@FUT So you don't think Cheery Dog's irrelevant posts is something scum would do? Then it's a null tell surely. I didn't FoS you, I reiterated a pertinent question of Idiotking that you left unanswered. Am I not allowed to ask questions because I investigate as scum?
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
FUT
FUT
Townie
FUT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by FUT »

@FUT So you don't think Cheery Dog's irrelevant posts is something scum would do? Then it's a null tell surely. I didn't FoS you, I reiterated a pertinent question of Idiotking that you left unanswered. Am I not allowed to ask questions because I investigate as scum?

I don't think someone who makes posts about linear equations, and triangles is a scum tell. It's a bit odd, but I am not about to mis-lynch someone because of a false pre-tense.

I rarely believe in miller claims, even when it is SOP they claim DP1. Not lynch worthy I know, but they are difficult in the regard that they cannot really be confirmed, and on DDO miller is a very popular fake claim, keeping them alive, generally can be risky. I don't know how common they are here on this site, though, or what SOP's here are, so I cannot really make a judgement on the claim for now.
FUT
FUT
Townie
FUT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Post by FUT »

There is a clear difference between saying that you don't have a scum read on someone and saying that you don't think they are mafia. One allows for a neutral read, the other is necessarily a town or third party read (given that this is a mini, almost certainly town). You have twice indicated that you have a town read (or "not scum" read) on Cheery. Once in the above quote, and in your earlier one: I'm asking you why you have a town read instead of a neutral read. All Cheery did up to this point was talk about circles and triangles, which has nothing at all to do with reads one way or the other. So why town?
[/quote]

Picking the meat off of ribs aren't you? I am being FOS'ed by you because you feel I am not justified in keeping my vote from some one, who I have no indication of him being mafia. I NEVER SAID I THOUGHT HE WAS TOWN. I said, I don't think he is scum. At this point I don't have any scum reads, but I am starting to build some off of the way people are voting for this guy, over something utterly ridiculous. I am not "buddying" with cheerydog either. But the amount of votes and FOS he is getting for merely acting a little weird in providing some analysis about mathematical equations is a bit odd to me.

Tell me, why exactly do you feel cheery is mafia?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”